bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Personal Plot Rules and Approval List

Admin

Regarding Personal Plots And Quests

Personal Plots are things that occur on a character level. They are things that do not have an impact on the world as a whole, but certainly impact your character's life. These can be things like:

• Major Relationship Drama (involving several characters and long-term plans)
  • A singular incident of crime
  • Discipline for an action at camp
  • Minor prophecies that only impact 1 character or a family etc.

These are just a few examples but there are many different types of personal plots out there. The point is that they really only impact your character and a handful others at most. It wouldn't have an impact on the entire camp or the world at large.

Not all personal plots will need an application, for example, if your character and their partner  want to have a fight, that probably doesn't need an application. However, if you want to get NPCs involved, or have help from the staff in filling out roles that you need for your plot to work (such as a Cabin Leader to provide a consequence for breaking curfew or something like that) then you'll want to fill out the form below.

Every quest begins with a personal plot and requires an application. Your character must have a plot written out to go on a quest. This is so that the site can make sure we can create NPCs as we need them for you, and make sure that the Oracle of Delphi gives the quest.

What Isn't Appropriate

There are many things out there that you can do for your personal plots. However there are definitely just as many things that wouldn't be considered appropriate. These are things that wouldn't impact just you, but the entire community as a whole. Some examples of this include:

• Serial killers
  • Major Prophecies that impact the whole community, anything with a "Chosen One"
  • Attacks on major places in Percy Jackson canon (i.e. Camp Halfblood), the real world, etc.
  • A pandemic

Again, these are just some examples, and not all the possibilities that exist. A good rule of thumb to figure out whether it's appropriate or not is: "Does this impact more than just my character and those I'm writing with directly?", "Would this make major headlines or otherwise ensue panic or happiness on a massive scale?". If the answer to either of those is yes--or if staff feels it is "yes"--then it's probably not something that is appropriate to do on an individual scale. You could, however, talk to staff about working it into the site plot so that you could participate in it down the road. Lilythe is always looking for ideas for the next site-wide plot event.

Why It's Like This

We are trying to create a highly interactive site where you and your ideas can shape what happens. By joining our site, our members agree to the plot and the setting of our world. However, they have not agreed to the ideas of other writers necessarily. In order to maintain a setting that everyone agrees to, we cannot allow members to have major plots that impact the site as a whole because members may not agree with any plot proposed by other members and then staff is left with the terrible job of choosing a side. 

Should I Ask the Staff?

The questions mentioned in the earlier section should help you keep yourself from needing to talk to staff. However, if you're still uncertain you're welcome to ask @ ★Lilythe  if it would be appropriate. As canon coordinator and loremaster for the site, this is her area of site responsibility. We ask that you accept her answer, with the understanding that she will do her best to figure out a way to accommodate any request that is reasonable.

How do I get my plot approved?

Start a thread in this forum. In it, you should follow the following template:

• Character Name:
  • Cabin:
  • Other Characters involved in Plot:
  • Plot Overview: (This should be a brief summary, including the end goal)
  • Plot Outline: (An outline of events necessary to complete plot)
  • Plot Locations: (List all areas you intend to go in the world)
  • Full Plot: (Please be as detailed as you can here. This should be a full paragraph and include the end goals of the plot)

Once you do that, the process is similar to your application. Mark it as ready for review, and our staff will review it as quickly as we're able.