bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

So there is this creature and that!

James Selway

James was writing his next class up as he was pacing back and forth trying to get ideas of what to cover. He had taken over this class for the camp when he became a cabin leader. He had often gone to his young half brother Shi Jin for help as the two were close in age. Between the two of them they should have some luck to come up with a good class right? Grabbing his notebook he walked out of his room as he then knocked on his brothers door. Waiting for him to answer, James walked up and down the hall "Maybe we could go over water monsters like the Charybdis or even sirens. Nooooooo maybe they would think that is dumb." Going back to the door he knocked again "Hey Shi Jin, you got a moment. I need your help." Well he was going to have to wait until his brother either stirred in his room or maybe he was at the big house. 

@ Park Shi Jin

• Like 1

Shi Jin was getting his quiet nap at the moment as he was just feeling a bit tired today after some outdoor activities this morning. He was also listening to the beats of music on his mobile until he heard some distant voices talking to him. He thought it was his dream but he felt it was kinda real. He jerked awake at the mention of sirens and see if there was any around him.  "Monsters? Sirens? Where??" It was only until he regained consciousness before realising someone outside his room was mentioning about it. In fact it sounded familiar. "Uhh James? Cominn.." He reached for his door to open for his older half brother, wondering what he had been up to with the mentioning of creatures. He was always close to his brother so he knew that was definitely going to be something interesting. "Heyy what’s up? "

• Like 1

James grinned as Shi Jin opened the door. "Hey, little bro. Sorry to wake you up. I need your help with something." James knew he could always count on his brother for help when he needed it most. The two were not too far apart in age which was nice. Like most of the campers in the cabin, he was the one of the ones he didn't have to worry about looking after. "It's for my monster mythology class at the camp," James explained. "I was thinking we could cover water monsters, like the Charybdis and sirens. Do you have any ideas?" He started to teach this class when he was around 17 or 18 years old. So being 23 it meant he had several years of teaching this over and over. He didn't want it to become boring....you know! So asking for a help on redoing some of the lessons was a good place to start! 

• Like 1

Shi Jin was looking as good as he was even when he had a just woke up look on him everytime. Well at least no other siblings were here, or the other cabins for the better. He didn’t want to get a bit embarrassed with his sleep face. "Its okay, just in time for me to wake up as well haha….. Oh, monster mythology? That sounds fun and very deep at the same time……" He gave a maximum and deep thought at it, where his hands went to his chin. Nope he wasn’t into mythology even during his younger years being a young camper, his classes were mostly combat, battle, literature, history, and sports. Probably math too, but they didn’t offer much here for mortal classes. So, what other monsters they had? "Lets see, how young the campers are directed to for the class? Ah, it sounds interesting, those water monsters! Though I haven’t met one before hmm, oh but if you count just spotting a hippocampus before, but it was just a quick glimpse. Hmm I think it’s cool if you want to only include the water creatures since it would be bit too much if there were too many right? Probably add some more water creatures like the…hold on…." He got a bit carried away at the thought of creatures at this moment, since he recalled seeing one himself, but also that he wanted to help his very close older brother as much as he can. He was actually just proud of him when he can lead a class like that. Maybe he could too in the future. He grabbed a monster book out of somewhere in his room and shared with James. Apparently he had some of this stuff just in case something came. "Hippocampus, sea serpent, Skolopendra, Trojan sea monster…"

• Like 1

James took the book from Shi Jin and flipped through the pages, scanning the descriptions of the different water monsters. "These are great suggestions, bro!" he exclaimed, pointing to the entries as he spoke. "The hippocampus would be a good one to start with. It's like a horse with a fish tail, pretty fascinating creature. And the sea serpent...we can talk about the legends and stories surrounding that one." As James continued to read through the book, he came across the entry for the sirens. "Ah, here they are," he said, showing Shi Jin the page. "The sirens were said to be enchanting creatures that lured sailors with their beautiful voices. Maybe we can talk about their mythology and how they were depicted in different cultures."

Excitement grew in James as he and Shi Jin brainstormed ideas for the class. They discussed various aspects of each monster, from their origins to their appearances, and even came up with interactive activities to engage the campers. James couldn't help but feel grateful for his brother's input and enthusiasm.  With a renewed sense of purpose, James made notes in his notebook, jotting down the ideas they had come up with together. He knew that with Shi Jin's help, the monster mythology class was going to be a hit, and the campers would have a blast learning about these fascinating creatures from the depths of the sea. But then realizing he hadn't even checked in with how Shi Jin was doing he stopped "So what are you up to these days?" 

• Like 1

Shi Jin was glad that he was coming useful to the topic his brother was talking about. He sincerely hoped that his brother could pull his class off and amaze the students in no time. He yawned a bit and reached for the leftover chips at the table and munched on them as James flipped through the textbook. "Anytime bro. They’re very good indeed……Ohhh….." Hippocampus was one he had seen before. And he exclaimed a bit when James flipped the pages of the water creatures viewing the ones he hadn’t seen before. Some were advanced but he did read about them before from the classes at camp. "Wow they look mysterious, hmm I wonder how that’s like being siren-ed." He pictured a bit but but it didn’t go far as he kept munching on his chips. They went further and he was glad that James’ ideas were coming well. He flipped the book while James wrote the notes down. He agreed that the class would be attractive for especially the younger students as they would see how much interesting these creatures were with their origins and history. James stopped suddenly and asked about what he was up to these days. He stopped as well and thought about it too haha, forgetting awhile what he has been up to. "Oh um, for me………Ah yes, I am trying out some new tactics on my martial arts training haha, it’s quite fun and entertaining. What about you besides classes?" He spoke as he took his bottle of water before continuing their research.

• Like 1

James listened attentively as Shi Jin shared his enthusiasm for the creatures they were discussing. He chuckled at Shi Jin's comment about wondering what it would be like to be "siren-ed." James could always count on his brother to bring a touch of humor to any conversation. Shi Jin munched on his chips, James couldn't help but notice how relaxed and content his brother seemed. It made him happy to see Shi Jin enjoying himself. When James asked about what Shi Jin had been up to, he was genuinely interested in hearing about his brother's activities.

"New tactics in martial arts, huh? That sounds awesome, bro!" James replied with a smile. "I'm glad you're having fun with it. As for me, besides classes, I've been working on a few personal projects. I've been writing some short songs and trying my hand at painting. It's been a nice creative outlet for me. Oh, and I've also joined a hiking club recently. Been exploring some beautiful trails around here. It's refreshing to be out in nature." He had also been getting ready to celebrate his one year with his girlfriend Larissa. The two of them had gotten together last summer so he was looking forward to surprising her later. 

Important Information

Terms of Use