bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The Stolen Charm: Petal and the Phobos Phantom

Petal stirred awake to the soft morning light streaming through the windows of the Iris cabin, her eyes fluttering open to another day at Camp Half-Blood. But as she reached for her favorite charm bracelet on the bedside table, her heart sank. The usual comforting chime of tiny metal charms was absent. The bracelet, a gift from her father, was missing. A surge of anxiety shot through Petal. She'd grown up hearing his stories about every charm, each one representing a different music festival they attended together. The empty space on her wrist seemed to echo in her chest, a reminder of her loss. One of her cabin mates, Lily mentioned she'd seen Gael Masterson lurking around their cabin last night. Gael, the notorious son of Phobos. Known for his mischief and knack for getting under people's skin, he was the first one to suspect in a situation like this. 'THE AUDACITY!' Petal thought to herself, screaming inside her head but out loud because she was a calm peace loving girl of course. But the more she thought about the theft the harder it was to keep that outward calm. Petal was determined to get her bracelet back!

Petal headed for the Hermes cabin, her heart pounding like a drum in her chest. Each step she took was fueled by the memories attached to the bracelet. She could feel her usual bubbly demeanor harden into resolve. This wasn't just about a piece of jewelry; it was about preserving her past, her connection to her father, her identity. As she arrived at the Phobos cabin, she took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself for the confrontation. She lifted her hand and knocked firmly on the cabin door.

*Tat-Tat-Tat-Tat-Tat*

@ Gael Masterson

Edited by Petal Price
  • Like 1

Gael was deep into a book that he was reading. It was relaxing to him at the moment. After having an eventful night last night with a certain read head. He wanted nothing more than to sit there on the couch and read for a little, maybe catch a nap too. He had had his cake and ate it too, and oh boy did it taste sweet. He had a grin on his face as he pulled the book up closer to his face, he didn't want others to read what he was reading. He had a soft spot for spicy romances. But the others didn't need to know that, right. He was pulled in deep to the book when someone yelled at him to get the door. It was because he was closer to the door than anyone right now. Didn't they see that he was busy reading at the moment. He didn't want to be bothered. So, he didn't move until someone threw something at him. He picked up the something and noticed that it was a pair of socks and threw it back the way that it came from. "Keep those away from me." he muttered out a little before he got up and walked over to the door. He swung the door open and brought his arm up on the door frame, holding the book in said hand, his finger holding the page that he was one as a book mark. He glanced down and noticed that someone was there. An eyebrow rose up for a moment and then he couldn't help but smirk. Compared to him, she was a splash of color that didn't mix well with his darkness. He shook his head a little and laughed, though he covered that up with a cough. He cleared his throat before leaning down. "What can I do for you sprite." he greeted in a nonchalant way. 

• Like 1

As Petal knocked she wasn’t sure who would necessarily answer. While she knew who Gael was, they had never really interacted before and she couldn’t quite place the face. However there was no mistaking the boy who opened the door and leaned against the frame. His presence was one that must’ve dominated every room he entered and Petal wondered if that had something to do with his unique parentage? She didn’t know much about the Phobos campers but she did know they had an unforgettable aura about them. Being the daughter of a communication deity Petal had been rehearsing in her head what she was going to say. ‘Hello, my name is Petal Price. I know we haven’t met before but I was wondering if yo…..’  Wait….what did he just call her?? The nickname threw her for a loop as she tried to get back on track rather than continuing to stare awkwardly. Petal's thoughts raced as she stood in front of Gael, his smirk making her heart pound even harder in her chest. 'Sprite?' she thought, her brows furrowing slightly. She couldn't tell if he was being playful, dismissive, or just plain rude. Either way, it didn't help in calming her nerves. But she was here for a purpose, and she needed to stay focused. She took a deep breath and tried to shake off the surprise of his nickname for her.

“Ummm….no my name isn’t Sprite, maybe you’ve confused me with one of my sisters? We do tend to have rather unique names…umm anyways….oh yes! Hello! My name is Petal Price” she stuck her hand out as she introduced herself. She gestured towards the charm bracelet-less wrist, her eyes never leaving Gael's. “I..ah..I know we haven’t met before but I was wondering if you…ummm..may have accidentally acquired a bracket recently? One that didn’t belong to you and you might be wondering how to return it? Well..ummmm it’s mine so I’ve come to get it back.” She was careful not to sound accusing, but the underlying hint was there. She hoped her approach would be diplomatic enough to avoid any unnecessary conflict.

• Like 1

He watched her closely for a moment longer, everything about her was different. She was too colorful, though he was just as curious about what business she had here. There were to many people in this cabin for it to be dumb luck that she had the right person. No one was that lucky minus those Tyche kids, talk about crazy. Though that wasn't what she was here about and by the color of her he didn't place her as a Tyche child. Iris maybe. No, 100% there. He moved a little closer to the door frame and gave her a once over, again to colorful for his liking. He could try to get around it though. An eyebrow rose a little as she began telling him that he had her name wrong, something about it might be the name of one of her sisters. He blinked at her, and a smirk played on his lips for a moment. He didn't even know her name. Well, that was until she had told him. Petal Price. "Whatever you say sprite." he told her with a lopsided smile. 

He blinked down as she held her hand out to him, and he looked at it for a moment before looking up at her once again only to see her gesture towards her wrist once more. Was that supposed to mean something to him? Maybe she had the wrong person all together. He wondered curiously. When looked back up at her face this time, and he found that she hadn't moved her eyes off of his. Both his eyebrows rose this time. He had no idea what she was aiming at during this moment, however he was already bored with it. She went on about something that he was supposed to have. A bracelet? something like that. He glanced back down at her wrist and then back at her face. "Sorry there Sprite. I don't have anything that belongs to you." He told her. "Though you're pretty much in the right place for something being taken from you." he laughed. "Welcome to Hermes cabin." he bent down a little and whispered. "They are known to be thieves here." he told her before sending her a wink. "I mean you can come in if you want to check around here, doubtful they will tell you they have it." He said coming back to his full height. There was no way that he had this girls anything. He didn't steal, that was below him anyways. 

• Like 1

Petal's first instinct was to snap at him, to insist that he was lying. But she knew that wouldn't get her anywhere, especially not with a son of Phobos. She needed to keep her cool and stay composed. "Okay," she stated mater of factly. "I'll take you up on that offer." She stepped past him into the cabin, her eyes scanning the room as she entered. Her gaze flitted over the numerous campers lounging around the Hermes cabin, over the mess of belongings strewn everywhere. She tried to suppress the wave of despair that washed over her. The chance of finding her bracelet among all this was slim to none. But she couldn't give up. Not when the bracelet meant so much to her. She pulled out the magnifying glass she had brought with her. Why did she own a magnifying glass? She couldn't remember, maybe Sage had given it to her? Well anyways it would come in handy now!

Holding it to her eye she turned and looked at Gael hoping she looked intimating. "Sooooooo what where you doing exactly last night by the Iris cabin? I have it on good authority you were spotted lucking around there!" Petal prided herself on her ability to communicate through difficult situations and right now she would need all of her wits and skills about her as it appeared this Gael character wouldn't crack easily. That's when she spotted the spicy book he was holding!

'Seduced by the Supernatural: A Paranormal Passion'

She had read that very book this summer and to be honest while it certainly got steamy, she couldn't help but have been drawn into it. And now here was a chance to try and find some common ground with Gael, maybe lure him into a sense of security where she could get him to confess just what he did with her bracelet! "Good book huh?" she gestured towards the book in his hand. "I found Orion Blackwood to be a very enigmatic vampire. I couldn't put it down! Do you think Elara will give into his pursuit of her?" she asked. And while she was using this as a ploy to get what she wanted, she was now kinda genuinely curious too.

• Like 1

An eyebrow rose at her tone. He didn't know if he was being serious himself, about letting her come in the house. But what was another person in an already full cabin. He wanted to roll his eyes at her when she told him that she would take his offer. What would Lilythe think about it? He had no idea what she was going on about, some bracelet. Again, he wanted to roll his eyes. What was her problem anyways? He didn't know what was going on with anything at the moment minus the book that he was reading. He blinked however, when she brought out a magnifying glass. His eyebrows raised and were now hidden in his long hair. "What is that for?" Should he laugh or be more concerned, he thought it reminded him of some one that he always seen around. 

He was just about to move to the side to allow her to come in when she brought up what he was doing on the outside of the Iris cabin. Oh right. she was an Iris child. Made sense now. He blinked a couple times when a smirk came across his lips. Oh, so she had heard about his little plaything for the night before. Well, two could play this game. "I was." the smirk turned into a grin before leaning into her a little closer. "Why are you so curious about what goes on with me in the middle of the night?" he asked back at her, though he didn't give her time to speak before chuckling a little and leaning into her more than what he was, to be able to whisper into her ear. "Wouldn't want my family or the other campers in here to hear this but if you must know what I was doing then I'll tell you." he gave her a whole white grin. "I had been walking around when a certain sister of your found me outside..." he began. "And she needed a little more attention than most." he had a shit eating grin on his face. "I made sure that she was satisfied enough so don't worry about it." he said moving away from her then winking at her just for good measure. He waited for her to say something about his comment but what shocked him most was when she looked at the book that he was holding. 

He had been reading it all morning. Something about vampire and all that. It was pretty good. He liked it, which was saying a lot. He had gotten it off some Aphrodite girl. She was cute and all but not his type. He blinked and looked up to the book that he was holding as she began talking about the book. "So far, haven't really got done with it." he told her when she asked him if he thought it was a good book. He knew that he would like it and more than likely go for the next book as well when he was finished with it. A smile came to his lips as she asked him about Elara and if she would give into Orion's pursuit of her. "Well, I think that she'll give him a run for his money for a bit and then she'll fall for him." he nodded thinking about the last part that he read in the book. 

• Like 1

'What is that for?' 

Petal grinned like the Cheshire Cat at Gael's question, ahhhh so she was finally getting to him she thought to herself. The magnifying glass trick must be working, she would have to thank Sage later. "This? It's for seeking out the truth! And for showing you that I. Mean. Business!" she stated, standing on her tippy toes to try and teach eye level with Gael...it didn't quite work. "This bracelet means everything to me and I'm not leaving your cabin until you return it!" But then Gael did something she hadn't anticipated as he answered her question about what he was doing at her cabin...only...his answer was in no way what she expected. 

Petal was momentarily taken aback by Gael's revelation about her sister. For a moment, she almost forgot about her bracelet, her mind trying to process this new information. "Oh..." was all she managed to say, forcing herself to try and not ask any more about that particular subject. Petal felt her cheeks flush at Gael's words as a prickling warmth spreading up her neck. She clenched her hands at her sides trying to steady herself. This insinuation about her sister made her feel a weird mix of anger and jealousy. But jealousy??? Where was that coming from?? She barely knew Gael. She cleared her throat, doing her best to keep her composure and focus on the mater at hand. "Oh really? Well I'm sure all of my sisters are quite capable of taking care of themselves. They certainly don't need the likes of you to...satisfy them." She couldn't help the way her voice faltered on that last word, ugggggghhhh this stupid boy!! His arrogance, his audacity...and despite it all, the magnetic pull she felt towards him.

But then they were talking about the book and Petal found herself genuinely happier for the first time since she'd woken up that morning. "I absolutely agree," she nodded enthusiastically. "It's a fun game they play, but ultimately, their connection is too strong to resist. But... um... back to the bracelet. It must have been you who took it!! I've been warned about you you know." She moved the magnifying glass back to her face...."Ok which one is your bunk?" she ordered. "We'll start the investigation there."

• Like 1

The grin on her face made him want to take a step back a little. There was always something going on with these girls at this camp. He wondered if he shouldn't just go ahead and head out of the camp and go to New Rome. He wanted to shake his head, but he didn't want to close his eyes just in case she did something crazy to him. You know girls. They were a little off sometimes. An eyebrow rose, then his eyes rolled at her comment about showing him she meant business. Though he was still very confused at what kind of business she had here. Then it turned into him knowing. It was about her bracelet. He didn't have it. "Careful there." he told her with a smirk on his lips. "People might think you're looking for something else." he said sending her a wink. Honestly, he couldn't mind locking her to his bed and having his way with her. If he was being honest with himself, he would have done it to anyone around him that said they weren't going to leave his room. 

He watched her being taken back by his answer to her. He did have a good night last night, and what was another night with another Iris girl? Hell, he could handle it pretty well. He watched her face turn red and he couldn't help but chuckle a little at her. She cleared her throat, and he couldn't help but laugh when she told him that her sisters could take care of themselves. "Oh, I'm sure. I watched her do it for a little bit." he told her giving her hints at what they had done last night. " But sometimes, a girl needs a guy to take the lead and finish her off the right way." he said sending her a wink. He wondered if her face was going to get even redder at that. It would be cute. 

He grinned happy to talk about the book, which brought him out of thinking about the night before. Which was alright. He had had better of course. But it was satisfying enough. She turned it to the bracelet once more and his face dropped a little. "So eager to get into my bed." he said to her with a smirk on his face. He knew that he was teasing her, and he couldn't help it at all. He moved to the side allowing her to come in and motioned his hand to the bunk that had a black and white comforter on it. "That's mine." he told her with a tilt of his head. "Try to not mess it up to much." he said rolling his eyes again at her. 

• Like 1

Though Petal was shocked by Gael's audacious comments and the insinuations he was throwing around, she tried her best not to let him derail her mission. She couldn't stop the flush on her cheeks deepening, but her eyes flashed a warning as she stood her ground, stubbornly focusing on the task at hand. "Look, I don't care what other people think about me....all I care about is finding the bracelet you took and hid her in this cabin. That's the only explanation!" There were of course several other possible explanations but this was the lead she had chosen to proceed and by the gods she was going to see it to it's conclusion! She moved the magnifying glass a little too close to his face, hoping to intimidate him. "Here's my deal....I promise to go easy on you if you admit to the crime right now." Any attempt faded though at Gael's comment's about a girl's needs.

A deep blush stained Petal's cheeks, a stark contrast against her fair skin. She nibbled on her lower lip, her gaze dropping momentarily, unable to maintain eye contact with the man who was trying to evoke such intense emotions in her. Growing up her father had snuck her into plenty of festivals and such so she had been exposed to a lot more than most kids her age. Still, when it came to sex itself it was all still mostly new and unfamiliar territory for her. Sure, she had experimented somewhat, but nothing like what Gael was proposing. Nevertheless she gathered up her courage, lifted her eyes to meet his, and with a cheeky smile gracing her lips, she responded. "Oh, is that so? Perhaps we'll have to see if you can live up to such high expectations then, won't we? .................AFTER YOU RETURN MY BRACELETTTTT!!!!!" She was flustered now and slightly frustrated that Gael was more interested in her than in returning her property. Was it really frustration though....or something else? Shaking her head, she turned back to the task at hand.

She started by flipping the pillow, half-expecting a hidden treasure trove underneath but finding nothing but a few loose strands of Gael's hair. Next, she made her way to the sheets, tossing them this way and that wildly. At one point, she started to get herself tangled in them, which resulted in a clumsy pirouette to free herself. The mattress was her next target, and she tackled it attempting to flip it over with an exaggerated show of strength. She was mostly unsuccessful, barely managing to life it halfway but just enough to see nothing like a bracelet underneath. Finally, she dropped to the floor to check underneath the bed, popping her head out occasionally like a groundhog but no bracelet. In defeat she dramatically threw herself on top of his bed and let out a frustrated groan. "Agggggggggggggggg how are you so good at hiding thingssss??!?!?"

• Like 1

His head tilted to the side, and he couldn't help but have a smirk on his lips. There was always something going on with these Iris girls. Well, that was what he thought anyways. She brought up the bracelet once again and he sighed hard. "Look I don't have your bracelet." He told her shaking his head. His hair swaying as he done so. "Besides," he began. "What would I have won if I did do it?" he said. "To see you?" he once again titled his head. "I don't even know you." he told her "And that wouldn't be the way that I would go about trying to get to know you either." he knew that it was no use. She was going to do whatever she wanted to do. Which meant that he was now going to have to live with her going through his things. Which sucked pretty bad, but to clear his name, he would do whatever it was. 

He watched as her face turned a little redder and then biting her lip and looking away from him. He got her. He smirked a little as he was trying to get this reaction from her. He loved the fact that he could make her blush like this. Mainly he could make just about any girl do it. He had a way with his words. Though what she said next kind of shocked him. Though he couldn't help but give her a dull look. "Well, then you'll be waiting for a while because I'm going to be honest with you." he started getting a little closer to her. "I. Don't. have. it."  he said saying each word slowly so that she could understand him. 

He placed himself against the wall, as he kicked up a foot to place it on the wall as well, while crossing his arms as he watched her go through his things. She had even gone under his bed. He shook his head at that as well. Though when she came up, she laid herself on his bed, he couldn't help but kick off the wall and walk over to the bed where she laid. Once there, he moved between her legs and placed his hands on either side of her shoulders, leaning down close. "And maybe what I've been telling you this whole time is true." he tilted his head a little and bent down a little more to where his lips were just at her ear before he whispered. "I don't have your little bracelet love. Maybe you misplaced it." he smirked as he sided eyed her to see her reaction. 

• Like 1

Petal's mind whirled with Gael's comments. He seemed insistent he didn't have her bracelet and the lack of evidence was starting to sway her. She looked at him, her brow furrowed in thought. What would he have to gain from stealing her bracelet? Of course he didn't know her and she wanted to be insistent that she wanted nothing to do with him either. It was a possibility that he didn't have her bracelet. And he did seemed pretty straightforward with his intentions. Maybe he was telling the truth. It didn't make sense for him to deny it so adamantly if he was guilty.

But then he mentioned knowing her and she blushed again, the color flooding her cheeks at his insinuation. "Well, I'm glad you would have better ways of getting to know me," she muttered, choosing her words carefully. She was still feeling flustered, both by his candid comments and the lack of progress in her investigation. But the idea of him wanting to know her, even suggested in jest, sent a flutter through her stomach that she tried hard to ignore. Ugggggg if only Gael could be ugly looking, then it would be much easier to write him off. She didn't have much time to dwell on that though as Gael quickly moved in on top of her, she didn't know someone could move so swift. A jolt of shock surged through Petal as Gael's weight settled on top of her. She could feel the heat of him, the firmness of his body pressing down on hers, his warm breath fanning her face. Her heart pounded in her chest, a wild, panicked tempo that threatened to drown out all rational thought. She hadn't expected this, hadn't prepared for it. Her mind raced, struggling to catch up with the rapid turn of events. Her eyes widened, locking onto Gael's. She noticed the strikingly vibrant color of his eyes, a detail she hadn't quite registered before.

Forcing herself to regain her composure, Petal stammered, "G-Gael...this...this isn't...it's not...I didn't come here for this ok!? Ugggg all you boys are the same thinking of only one thing and one thing only!!! If you didn't steal my bracelet then wh..wh...who did? " She choked up a bit at the end trying to fight back tears of frustration as she wondered if she'd ever find it again. "How am I ever going to find and get it back? I don't have much from my father besdies it....." Yet, despite her words, she didn't push him away. What was it about this boy that both repulsed her....and....drew her in?

• Like 1

He watched her curiously as he let his words sink into her head. If that was what it was doing. He didn't know what else to say to her. He hadn't taken her bracelet, hell he didn't care that she had one to start with. He didn't steal from anyone. That wasn't his game. He had other ways of getting under people's skin. And even though he lived in the cabin that had the Hermes campers in it, didn't mean that he took after them. He was in his own league himself. He shook his head and turned to look the other way as people began to look at them. She was going to cause a bunch of people to get curious with the way that she was talking and just going through his things that way that she was. He shook his head and gave the people a look that told them to get lost and soon they were. Not everyone messed with Gael. Not because they cared, but because he was known to give them a little fright. Something that he had enjoyed more than anything. Scaring people is what he does best. Well, he and his siblings that is. 

The blush seemed to stay on her face, and he couldn't help but grin widely at it. He was doing his job. Flustering her. He was having fun doing that much. A smirk played on his lips. "Oh, I do." he muttered out to her as he watched her a little curious. He wanted to know what she had going on up in her head at the moment. Everything that was happening on the outside, was it magnified more on the inside? He couldn't help but want to know. As he dropped down on her, he watched a mixture of emotion play on her. It was interesting to see it happen. The biggest one was shock and here all he was trying to do was scare her a little. But scared wasn't any part of those emotions he seen. Their eyes seemed to lock, and he was already questioning himself. Why had he done this again? She was younger than him and he didn't want to freak her out, but she was the one that laid in his bed first. 

He titled his head a little as he listened to what she was saying. He swallowed hard and shook his head as he watched her face looking like she was fighting tears. He tsked and raised back up. "I wasn't going to do anything to you but scare you." he said waving his hand as he moved away from her. "Besides, I like my girls willing." he told her making sure that she knew that. He wouldn't have taken her any other way. He didn't want that name on him at all. She was still going on about her bracelet and he shrugged a little. "I have no idea Sprit." he told her as he stuffed his hands in his pant pockets. "Are you sure you didn't overlook it while in your own cabin?" he questioned her. "Because I really didn't take it." he told her with a sigh. There would be no reason he would have. He didn't care that much. He made it back to the wall that he was standing at before and posted up like he was before. "You can look again but I'm going to tell you that there is no way that it's here." he said with a shrug.

• Like 1

As Gael loomed over her she would almost feel the weight of his intimidating presence. Petal felt a flutter of something that was an odd mix of......well something. It was a strange sensation, like butterflies trying to escape from a locked cage, that was centered around her stomach. It was disconcerting, distracting, and made it hard to concentrate on anything else, even her mission. Her eyes fluttered as she absorbed his closeness, the intensity of his gaze that seemed to burn into her. She swallowed hard, wetting her suddenly dry lips as she attempted to gather her thoughts and respond to his taunting words.

"I...I don't...I wasn't...." Petal stammered, her voice barely more than a whisper as she looked at him with wide eyes. "Who said I was scared??" she finally got the words out, her tone a bit more challenging this time. This was all wrong. She should push him off, stand up for herself, not be affected by his presence. But, despite her self-lectures, she remained still. As Gael made his claim of innocence once more, she struggled with an internal battle. The logical side of her was beginning to accept that maybe he didn't have her bracelet, maybe she was wrong about him. But another part of her was still stubbornly clinging onto the idea that he must be guilty, and she was determined not to give up her quest for justice. And yet, there was something about the conviction in his voice, the intensity in his eyes that was slowly chipping away at her determination.

"Swear it." She said, her voice filled with intensity. She needed to hear him promise, to confirm his innocence. If he could do that, then maybe she could let go of this unfounded suspicion and move on with her search. But as she stared at him, the gravity of their situation began to dawn on her. She was sprawled out on a bed beneath a boy who was in her personal space, evoked feelings she didn't understand, and held her captive with just his gaze. She should feel angry, violated, and yet all she felt was a strange magnetic sense of attraction. "You have to swear it, Gael," she finally murmured, a mix of frustration and desperation creeping into her voice. "Swear on whatever is most important to you that you didn't take it and I promise I'll drop it."

Gael couldn't help but tilt his head a little. Her voice was just a whisper, and her eyes were wide. Then she went on to say that she wasn't scared of him. He scoffed a little thinking about the whole exchange. "Really?" he said and rolled his eyes a little. "Well, no one said anything, just by your actions." He told her with a shake of his head. The whole camp was about telling him he was scary just because he could bend fear around people. It wasn't his fault who his father was. Let alone his abilities. He was just born in the worst murder of his city and that was something. He shook his head once again, looking at her for the moment. He was to please to be here at the moment. He yawned for a second and then blinked at her once again. 

Swear it? Did he do that already? He told her he didn't take her silly little bracelet and he stood by it as well. He couldn't even tell her what it looked like, besides it being a circle. He shook his head once again. There was no swearing it on anyone. He didn't like anyone enough to swear it on them. "I told you I didn't have it what more is there?" he questioned her but she had ended up telling him that he needed to swear it on the most important thing to him. Laughter came from him. "The most important thing to me?" This girl was going to have his head come off from shaking it so much. "I don't have anything important to me. They all were murdered." he said. Even they weren't important to him because who could love someone that he had never met before? He had no love for people. He blinked a little and moved from the wall. "How about my siblings." He spoke. He liked them. They might not be that important to him, but they were all that he had at the moment. "I swear on my siblings." He told her with a shrug. 

• Like 1

Petal was in a whirl of emotions. Part of her wanted to believe Gael, to let go of the absurd notion that he had stolen her bracelet. Another part, more stubborn and distrusting, clung to the assumption of his guilt, fuelled by the fact that he was so different, so unlike anyone she had ever met. This inner conflict was making her head spin, the world around them blurring into insignificance. But with Gael so close, his eyes gleaming with an unreadable emotion, the storm within her was starting to quiet down. She could feel the intensity of his gaze, like a physical touch, making her heart flutter uncontrollably. She blinked, breaking eye contact as she tried to gather her wits. This wasn't like her. She was a mess of raw emotions, caught in the heady mixture of fear, frustration, and an unfamiliar attraction towards Gael. His nearness was intoxicating, drawing her in while simultaneously setting off warning bells in her head. He was dangerous, unpredictable, and it was this uncertainty that was unnerving her.

"Ok......I.....I believe you," her voice barely audible. There was something about Gael that drew her in, a magnetism that she couldn't resist. The mystery of the stolen bracelet faded into the background, replaced by the more puzzling enigma that was Gael. She was torn between the urge to find her bracelet and the peculiar fascination she felt for the boy before her. The strange mixture of curiosity and repulsion she felt for Gael had, against all odds, turned into a bewildering intrigue. "I'm really sorry to hear about your family....I didn't know that. I guess...I don't really know much of anything about you. I mean there's all the rumors around camp but now I'm guessing that maybe that's just what they are...rumors." As she looked up at him, Petal couldn't help but wonder, was it the thrill of the unknown that was drawing her in, or was there something more to this peculiar attraction? "Ummmm......so now what?" she asked a bit meekly, blushing as she realized the situtation fully, she was in this boy's bed!!!

Gael blew out a breath that he didn't know that he was holding at the moment. Of course, she wouldn't believe him... wait... did she just say that she believed him? He blinked once..twice and raised an eyebrow. Wait that was a little too easy. Well, that was what he thought anyways. He tilted his head a little to the right and looked her up and down. There was something wrong here. She gave up that easy. He was still lost by the fact that she said she believed him that he had missed some of her apologies. He once again shook his head and looked at her through hooded eyes. Almost unbelieving. He waved her off for a moment when she brought up his family. "Didn't know them so I'm not sorry." he told her. It was true though. How could one be upset about something he had no feelings for. He didn't know his family. He had no connection to them at all, only the last name. It was strange for him to even think about. Others might find it strange, but he thought it was normal. He had no family, the others did, so it would hurt them thinking about it. A scoff that turned into a chuckle came out of him. "Of course. Everyone is going to believe some rumors about me." he told her shaking his head, his hair moving slowly in his face. "They don't know anything about me. No one has even tried to know anything about me at this point." he told her with a shrug. He moved his hand and looked down when it felt a little weighted. Oh his book. Something that he had forgotten about. He sighed for what was the hundredth time and crossed his arms at her. "Well, there are two different things you could do." he started. "One, you could leave the cabin and go and find that bracelet of yours, or two, stay here and watch me read." he mused. Though he was curious as to what she had in mind. "What is it that you want little sprite?"

• Like 1

Petal's heart thumped erratically as Gael spoke, her ears catching every word yet her mind spinning in confusion. How could someone be so nonchalant about not having a family? Her family was her everything; their love and warmth were her constant sources of strength. To Petal, family meant laughter, learning, growth, and unconditional love. Yet here was Gael, so detached from any familial bonds, seeming neither sad nor joyful about it. And his arrogance, his challenge in his words, was it an act or his real self? Was he hiding something? His darkness, his mystery was like a haunting melody, both unsettling and captivating. 'What is it that you want little sprite?' he'd asked. Her soul quivered at the question, torn between the allure of Gael's enigma and the comfort of her own familiar world.

A battle waged within Petal as she weighed Gael's words and her own instincts. Her whole life had been about understanding, nurturing, loving, and here was a challenge that defied all that she knew. Should she leave and find her bracelet, a symbol of her connection to her past, her roots? Or should she stay and explore Gael's darkness, an enthralling abyss that promised no warmth, but a new understanding, perhaps? His indifference, his casual dismissal of connections, was against everything she believed in, and yet it drew her in, promising a journey she'd never dared before. Her voice trembled as she finally spoke, a blend of courage and fear.

"I'll stay and watch you read. But I want to know something about you, something real, not just rumors." Her heart pounded loudly in her ears, awaiting his response. Would he let her in, even just a little? Or would he shut her out completely, leaving her standing at the threshold of his mysterious world? The choice was his, and Petal found herself holding her breath, feeling like she was teetering on the edge of something profound.

Gael watched her, seemed like there was a war going on in her mind at the moment. It was just a simple question. What was the problem. Either leave or stay. It wasn't like he was going to care either way. He folded his arms loosely and titled his head to the side. Waiting for her to say something. He wondered though, what was on her mind. It was strange to him. Why he cared what she was thinking about. Maybe he was growing soft around the campers here. Or maybe it was because she was a girl who was looking for something that connected her to someone. He didn't know, but it bothered him a little. Maybe he would learn a little about himself too. 

Finally answering the question, he let out a small sigh and walked over to the couch. "Like what?" He questioned curiously as he plopped down on to it and patted the seat next to him. "I'm not telling you anything if you're too far away from me." He told her truthfully. "Since I can't get rid of you, you can ask questions and I'll answer with an answer." He deadpanned. "My only question is this." he began. "How you know they are going to be truthful?" he smirked thinking about it. Anything that she asked, and he told her could be a lie or the truth. She would never really know. So, was it his fault if she didn't believe him? He placed his feet on the tabletop and pulled the book up to his face, but far enough to be able to see the words. He wasn't blind or anything, he just didn't want to see her looking at him like he needed some kind of help. "Well, ask away." he muttered out as he flipped the page. 

• Like 1

Petal hesitated at the edge of the sofa, her fingers fiddling with the hem of her dress. The room seemed to close in on her, every shadow amplifying Gael's presence. His smirk was a challenge, a taunt that made her wonder if this was another of his many games. She could feel the weight of his dark aura, pressing on her like a dense fog. But intertwined with that fog was an inexplicable magnetism that Petal just couldn't pull away from.

Drawing a deep breath, she took a tentative step, finally settling down at a safe distance from him on the sofa. Her voice was soft, as if she was treading on fragile ground. "It's not about what you say, but how you say it. I can feel sincerity, you know." She looked at him, her eyes searching his for a flicker of genuine emotion. "How about starting with something simple? Why the book? What's in it that has captured your attention so?" She paused, biting her lower lip, "And... if you feel like sharing, what's one memory from your past that shaped who you are today?" Her heart raced, hoping that, just for a moment, he would let his guard down and let her see a glimmer of the true Gael. She offered a tentative smile, an olive branch extended in the hope of understanding.

Gael took a deep breath and gave her a strange look. "Can you now." he muttered not really sure if to believe her or not. That was a lot for someone to do. Maybe she had been able to do it, Gael never had, then again, he only was able to cause fear in people. That was enough for him at the moment. He watched as she took a seat on the sofa. He didn't need to have everyone in the cabin knowing everything about him. she went on to ask him questions about the book that he was reading, and he sighed. Well, that was simple enough. It wasn't like he had a lot to spill about the book, she had already read it anyways, but then she paused and bit her lip, which had him zeroing in on her lips in the moment. Why was doing such a simple action like that attracting him. Then his eyes found hers when she asked him about his past and what shaped him into who he was today. A frown came to his lip, and he sighed, laying his head back on the sofa. "For the book, I like reading about paranormal beings." he said honestly. He liked things that went bump in the night. He found it interesting and even if it was a type of romance book. Maybe he wanted to be like the male creatures in the book, how they were to the females. He didn't want to use them and leave them, but he was so used to what he did now that he could only hope now that he could get back to that. The next question that he said made him want to curl up on himself. What was something that shaped him from his past? "Are you sure that you wanna know?" he questioned her curiously, but she wouldn't have asked if she didn't want to know. "Fine." he said as he closed his eyes in the moment. Thinking about something that would make sense to her. She had everyone in her life, he however didn't. "Well, I guess it would start from the day I was born." he started. "My mom was dead when they pulled me from her womb. She had been murdered along with the rest of my family. So, I was placed in a boy's home from that day till I was brought here." he brought his hands up to his face, running them down it. " I guess what shaped me is being alone, fighting all the time and all the people that didn't want me to start with. I watched the boys around me get picked to go to their new homes and I was just there, not being picked for a nice home. I ended up running away when I was eleven years old." he glanced over to her, looking in her eyes showing her the hurt that he had in them. Not something that he normally did. "I ran the streets until I met Gabe." he told her with a sigh. "He brought me here after a monster tried to attack us." That was his whole story here. He didn't know what else to say. He had a hard life; most people did though that lived here. 

• Like 1

Petal's heart squeezed painfully as she listened to Gael's words. The story behind his tough exterior was much darker and more tragic than she'd imagined. She had expected a tale of rebellion or disillusionment, not a story of raw abandonment and suffering. His candidness, the vulnerability he showed for the briefest of moments, humanized him. It bridged the seemingly insurmountable gap that had lain between their two worlds. She realized that beneath Gael's veneer of indifference and arrogance, there was a wounded boy, one who had been thrust into a cruel world, denied of love and family, and forced to fend for himself. His darkness was not just a facade, but a coping mechanism, a shield against a world that had shown him little kindness. "I... I had no idea," she whispered, her voice quivering with empathy. She wanted to bridge the gap between them, to offer comfort and understanding, but the weight of his revelations held her back. It was a lot to process.

Looking into his eyes, Petal could see layers of pain, distrust, and perhaps a longing for connection. "Thank you for sharing that with me," she began hesitantly. "I might not fully understand the depths of your pain, but know that not all connections are to be feared. Sometimes, they can bring healing." She hoped he'd understand her intent, even if the road to mutual understanding was long. In that moment, their two worlds, so contrasting in nature, seemed to draw just a little closer. 

Swallowing hard and gathering her courage, Petal asked, "Gael, I know we come from different worlds, but have you ever felt a connection or bond with someone here, even if just for a fleeting moment? Is there anything or anyone that's ever made you feel... less alone?" Her eyes bore into his, earnest and filled with a gentle curiosity, seeking to peel back yet another layer of the enigmatic individual before her. She couldn't imagine the kind of loneliness that must be, it was a world far removed from anything she had ever had to experience. 

• Like 1

A scoff came from him as he lifted his head off the sofa. "See," he muttered as he rolled his eyes at her not caring if he caused her to be pissy at him for doing it. "It's the reason I don't tell people, they feel 'sorry' for me." he clicked his tongue and closed his eyes shaking his dark hair into his eyes for a moment. He had cried when he was a boy about it. But he had built up walls from the whole thing by the time that he was a teenager. No one wanted the curse child that had been pulled from his mother's womb while she lied dead there. He snorted a little. He hated that she had been able to break the walls if not for just a moment. To be able to see inside of his soul. He hated that much about all of it. 

He shook his head a little more and ran his fingers through the front part of his hair. "Don't thank me for telling you a horror story." he told her. "That's what it is. A story about a child who's never had anything." He told her. He hated it himself, the story. He had honestly wished that he had a different story growing up and even now, but what would his excuse be now? Nothing, he had none. At least with this story he was able to hide behind the fear that he loved so much to throw at people. His head snapped to Petal. The perfect little sprite sitting there watching him. She had no idea what he was really going through at the moment. 

His eyes never left her for a moment, he watched her swallowing hard and everything. His eyes stayed on her neck a little to long for his liking. He had no idea what this girl was doing to him, but he didn't like it at the moment. Her words seemed to hit him harder than he knew. He blinked and his eyes flickered up to hers in that moment. "WHAT?" He said out loud causing the people around him to give him a curious look. He turned his head to them and waved them off in that second. He didn't like having attention on him at all and that was what she was bringing. He hated it. "The only bond I have is with my siblings and that is barely there." He told her with a snort. He could have cared less about the people that were around him. Maybe there was Gabe that had helped him but again he was annoying as well. 

• Like 1

Regret shot through Petal! She hadn't meant to make him feel pitied or to thrust him back into memories he'd rather forget. She could sense his discomfort, the way his walls shot up even higher after her prying questions. "I didn't mean to make you feel cornered ummmm....," she murmured. The last thing she wanted was to alienate him further. "I just... wanted to understand. To connect. Maybe even find a common ground." She admitted, a rare moment of vulnerability in her voice.

But then his reaction to her last question caught her off guard. The sudden intensity of his outburst, the way he inadvertently drew attention from the others, it all underscored the rawness of his emotions. She felt the sting of his words, reminding her of just how different their worlds were. But amidst all that chaos, Petal focused on a tiny detail: the fleeting moment when Gael''s gaze lingered on her neck. It was an inexplicable connection, a split second that seemed to stretch on, but a second was all it took for her to blush slightly. What did it mean? Why did it affect her so? 

She took a deep breath, "Look, Gael, I know our worlds are galaxies apart. But every now and then, galaxies collide right? At least I think they do? I don't know much about astronomy but it's a beautiful saying. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is maybe, just maybe, in the chaos of that collision, there's a chance to find something beautiful, something meaningful. But we have to be willing to see it." She paused, gathering her courage once more, "I'm here, trying to see it. Are you?" Her eyes, filled with hope, met his once again, trying to decipher the enigma that was Gael'. "Maybe....if you wanted....you could ask me a question?" she stated, hoping through the awkwardness they might find a bond. Which granted, was a little weird given how their interaction had started out, but hey the universe often acted in unexpected ways.

• Like 1

Gael hadn't really planned on telling anyone about anything that involved his past. It was a past to start with and no one really needed to know, though something about this perky little colorful sprite made everything feel...okay... in a strange way. Her words made him sigh a little, knowing that he had shot up his walls even more. He couldn't help it, but he knew that it was just part of him. He listened to her reasons for wanting to know more about him and he turned his head to look away from him. He didn't know what he was going to do. "It would be hard to find common ground with us, minus the fact that we are part gods." he told her as his eyes closed. 

Her taking a deep breath made him look at her once again. He couldn't believe that she was still here wanting to talk. He had even gone along with it. She brought up how galaxies collide and things like that and he couldn't help but snort at the thought. "Well, if that is the case, it's going to be a while before anything like that happens to me." he told her though he didn't know how wrong he was for that either. He would be shocked to know that their galaxies were already colliding at the moment. He just didn't want to admit it. "Not really." he told her honestly. He didn't want to see anything in that moment. Nothing. He had nothing all his life, why try and get something now. He didn't need it. Her eyes were filled with hope, but he knew better, just by a couple words he could smash that hope. She went on to even tell him that he could ask her some questions. He blinked and turned his face a little. "I have nothing to ask you." he told her, "So just tell me something..." anything, just turned it away from him at the moment. He wanted this whole conversation about him to just melt away. 

Petal's eyes widened at Gael's cold response, a momentary flicker of hurt clouding her usually bright gaze. Internally, she felt her optimism wane. Was she being naive? Here she was, instinctively seeking the light in people, and Gael was a black hole. He'd sucked in her curiosity and openness, leaving behind an unsettling silence in their conversational universe. Still, there was a gravitational pull she couldn't quite escape. He intrigued her. His darkness was a challenging enigma that dared her to pry, to bring him into her world of color and music. Could she dare attempt to fill his void with her vibrancy? She was all cosmic harmony and he was chaos. Yet chaos and harmony could coexist......right? Gael's eyes were watching her, those intense orbs making her heart race for reasons she couldn't explain. And then he said it, "So just tell me something..." The invitation hung in the air, or perhaps it was an evasion. Either way, it was a gateway, and Petal felt a sudden rush of energy!

"Oh, man, where do I start? I was born into an unconventional family, to say the least. My dad, Eagle, was a free-spirited wanderer who traveled from one music festival to another in the Southwest. He met my mom at one such festival, and well, here I am." She chuckled a little at the memory. "My grandparents raised me, and I adore them, but my real love has always been the summers I spent traveling with my dad and his eclectic group of friends. You wouldn't believe the kinds of people I met! Artists, musicians, other free spirits, you name it. It was like living in a never-ending carnival of the weird and wonderful." Petal's voice tinged with a note of wistfulness as she continued, "When I was twelve, my life took a really unexpected turn. That's when I found out I'm a demigod and I had to leave my dad and those magical summers behind to come here. It's been a different kind of wild but it's home now." Her eyes locked onto Gael's as if daring him to respond. "I'm all about peace, love, and communication. I do my best to resolve conflicts and help people out, even if it gets me into trouble sometimes. But that's who I am, always living in the moment, always eager to explore what life has to offer."

Petal stopped, suddenly conscious that she had just laid her entire life story before Gael, a near stranger. Yet, despite the vulnerability of the moment, she felt no regret. She was who she was, a radiant flower flourishing even in the harshest conditions. And for some reason, she wanted to know more about the dark and mysterious guy in front of her. Could they find common ground in their vastly different worlds? She waited, her eyes searching his for an answer.

Important Information

Terms of Use