bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Warrior vs Witch: Round One!

Benji slung his training bag over his shoulder as he departed the comforting and slightly chaotic confines of Cabin 5 to head to the camp arena. His couldn't keep his mind off of the day's lesson, hand-to-hand combat! Normally this would get him very excited as he never passed up the chance to beat up the weaker punk kids who never paid enough attention to learn how to fight. He'd instill the importance of that in them....with his fists! But today's was different, his opponent was different. Abigail! Benji's interactions with her had been few and far between and yet she left a strong impression, not a good one! This would be their first time paired off in a fight and he wasn't looking forward to it. A grimace formed onto his face at the mere thought of her name. He disliked magic to begin with and yet that girl was weird even for a magic user. Some said she even talked to the dead! If you asked him, the dead should stay silent, I mean they died right? What's there useful to learn from someone who failed at staying alive? 

Clenching his fists Benji pondered on the ordeal ahead. The thought of battling a girl to him just seemed pointless. He considered it a distraction from the real fights. Nearing the arena Benji couldn't help but get a little excited. The familiar scent of anticipation, blood and sweat filled his nose and sent a thrill down his spine. Abigail was already there going through her warm-ups. "You sure you're up for this, Abby? Wouldn't want you to break a nail or something. Maybe you can get one of your dead friends to fight for you? Probably be a better challenge than you'd be" he sneered. 

@ Abigail Asteria Anderson

• Like 1

You could never trust an Ares kid......that was at least how she felt most her time at camp. Abigail was not the most popular in the camp, granted she was heavily picked on even in her own cabin. But this kid Benji took it even further! Abigail was moving her hands while saying spells as she wait, this always calmed her down when she was anxious. Her eyes narrowing as she watched Benji approach the arena. She had grown tired of his relentless bullying and his disrespectful nickname for her. Today, she was determined to put an end to it. The arena provided a fair ground for their confrontation, and she was confident in her abilities.

Benji made his snide remark, Abigail's expression hardened. She had heard it all before, the insults sent her way, day after day. But she refused to let his words affect her. Standing tall, she responded with a calm yet steely voice. "Save your breath, Benji. I'm more than capable of handling myself.....I can't wait to wipe that grin off your face" Abigail retorted, her tone laced with an air of confidence. "Plus if my dead friends actually fought you, would terrify you.....plus they are so much cooler than you will ever be" her glare was one that felt like it could kill the way she looked at him. 

• Like 1

This wasn't about pummeling some puny camper into the ground no, this was about proving a point to someone Benji found profoundly irritating. Abigail! He took in a deep breath, there would be plenty of time for rage later. The familiar scent of sweat and determination greeted his nose, temporarily drowning out the dark cloud of his mood. Only temporarily though, soon it was tainted again with the "nails on chalkboard" sounds of this annoying redhead. The arena was his domain though and he wouldn't let some witchy girl tarnish that.....Wait...what did she say to him?! 

Benji's lips curled up into a mean smirk, "Handle yourself? Hah that's funny! I bet you can barely handle a conversation without calling on your dead buddies for backup. As for them being cool...well...I guess it must be pretty cold six feet under. Maybe you should join them there, Abby. You'd fit right in." His eyes gleamed with the thought of their upcoming challenge as he met her glare head on. Hmmm, maybe this fight wouldn't be so bad after all? He thought to himself, who knows? If he beat up this girl good enough them maybe she'd be too afraid to ever challenge him again. He was a skilled fighter and thought of himself as one of the best at camp. He'd teach this magic witch girl a thing or two!

• Like 1

If it is one thing she disliked more than anything at camp it was Benji!  Abigail's eyes narrowed further as she listened to Benji's taunting words. She could feel her anger boiling inside her, but she refused to let it consume her. She took a deep breath, trying to focus her thoughts. This wasn't just about her pride; it was about standing up for herself and showing everyone, including Benji, that she was stronger than they believed. Abigail stepped forward, her hands still moving subtly as she prepared for the upcoming battle. "You talk big, Benji, but we'll see who ends up on the ground, plus my DEAD BUDDIES are way more lively than you will ever be" she said, her voice filled with determination. "You might be a skilled fighter, but I have my own powers. Don't underestimate what I can do." Beginning to stretch she wanted to make sure she didn't pull anything when taking on this jerk face! Her eyes glared at him as she wished she could curse him. He may call her Witch but she was not ashamed of her mother at all! Really she was proud of it as she loved being about to do magic. Finishing up, she then squared up "You ready asshole?" her smirk on her face was one that was telling on her confidence. 

• Like 1

Benji just laughed at Abigail's attempt at bravery! It was clear to him that she lacked both experience and skill when compared to him. Still, he couldn't deny that she seemed surprisingly confident...almost cocky. And that made him feel ever so slightly uneasy. He tried to shrug off those feelings though. That was his go to response, if he ever felt an emotion that made him too uncomfortable he threw it off. "Sure thing, Red. Ok, show me what you've got then," he sneered, flashing her a condescending smile that he knew would only piss her off even further.

Getting into his fighting pose his legs spaced apart and his arms loosely by his sides as he balanced himself between his feet ready for anything. "I don't normally waste my time beating up on girls but remember, you asked for this! So don't you go crying those girly tears to Mr. D once I'm done beating the snot out of you" As Benji charged in he decided to just end it immediately in a series of quick blows that he hoped would overwhelm Abigail in mere moments.

Edited by Benji Baker
  • Like 1

Abigail's eyes locked onto Benji as he charged toward her, his words ringing in her ears. Ohhhhhhh he thinks he is so slick well she will shock him!!!! She had faced bullies before, but this time was different. This time, she had a fire burning within her that refused to be extinguished. He had gone too far this time and she was going to show him who was boss! As Benji lunged forward, Abigail sidestepped with agility, narrowly avoiding his first blow. Her mind raced, analyzing his movements and formulating her counterattack. She had trained for this moment, and she would prove that she was more than capable of defending herself.

With a flick of her wrist, she summoned a gust of wind with her magic, aiming to knock Benji off balance.  She then lunged forward, her movements swift and precise, striking back with a combination of hand-to-hand combat. In her mind she just thought of the punching bags she had taken her rage out for years before today. She had even taped a picture of Benji face on the punching bag before. So she was hoping her blows to landed with force, she wanted to surprise Benji with her speed and determination. Each strike fueled her resolve, erasing any trace of fear or doubt from her mind. 

• Like 1

Benji was taken aback. He hadn't expected Abigail to dodge his attacks let alone counter-attack!! The gust of wind caught him off guard and for a moment he stumbled barely maintaining his footing. His eyes widened as he realized, perhaps for the first time, that Abigail might be more than he had bargined for. He had underestimated her! His heart best increased, a feeling he wasn't accustomed to. It was fear. A small nagging fear that this fight might not go as planned. But his pride wouldn't allow him to admit that. He was Benji a son of Ares and he always had control!

Shaking off the shock he readied himself gritting his teeth. "Is that all you've got, Red? Some wind? I've seen stronger gusts in a toddler's burp!" Putting on a brave face. With each of her quick blows Benji blocked and dodged, feeling a sting from the few she had managed to land. He had faced bigger and scarier things than Abigail. He'd show her and everyone else that he was still the top dog. But Abigail's abilities surprised him. He'd expected her to back down from his fierceness. But she didn't! This caused a strange feeling in his stomach. Was it respect?? Admiration?? Ugggggg he hoped not! "You've got guts, I'll give you that. But it's gonna take more than that to beat me witch!" Suddenly Benji lunged at her ready to return her attacks in full measure. A quick thrust to her side that if she didn't dodge or deflect would send her quickly on her ass! He wasn't going down without a fight!

• Like 1

Abby had been found to leave her cabin at night when she was at her strongest to train. Maybe it was all those times Benji had picked on her in the past and bullied her. That made her want to physically train. Of course her magic only grew more and more as she worked with her other siblings. That just meant she needed to work on the other side of herself which how strong and fast she was. Ares campers were always going to be so much better than her but she could at least try to become better!!! This was seen in her side step from Benji's attack. His face said it all as she then threw a gust of wind at him. She was not going to let him win without a fight!!!!! Not this time!

Laughing she knew what he was trying to do to her, get her upset and throw her off her game. "Nice try Malákas, you have no idea what I am capable of!" She finished saying as she used greek to throw shade at him. Of course he would know that word as all greek demi-gods could understand ancient greek. Her next attacks were quick and sharp as she hope to get a few of them in. Trying not to do too much talking she was trying to use her mind which Benji would have no clue how to use! "SHUT UP AND SHOW ME THEN" her words were low and scary as if it was trying to conjure the dark magic her mother made. But his next move got her in the side as she fell to the ground but she rolled and jumped back up. "Nice but take this" she said as she spun and then began to move her hands as she spoke in ancient greek of a spell that would try and bind his legs and turn off all the light around them. Submerging them in total darkness in the middle of the day. Casting it she smirked as she waited to see if it would work. 

• Like 1

Benji's eyes widened in shock as the arena was submerged in pitch blackness. The sudden lack of light left him disoriented and he stumbled back trying to regain his bearings. Panic surged within him; the loss of vision was a situation he hadn’t prepared for. Though he was trained to fight in almost any condition, fighting blind was not his forte. His breaths came faster with his heart thudding against his chest as he struggled to suppress the unease within him.

That was when he felt a tightening sensation around his legs, the cold bind of magic trying to hold him in place. Benji gritted his teeth with frustration. The camp rumors  about Abigail's power had been true. She wasn't just some magic dabbler, she had grown to have some actual talent! Damn her and her tricks! Pushing past the panic Benji reached deep into his warrior instincts that was his true gift as a son of the war god. He had to rely on his other senses now. He strained his ears attempting to catch any sound Abigail might make. "You think darkness will save you, Red?" he hissed, hoping she might respond with any kind of sound that could clue him in as he knew she must be closing in to attack him.

Trying to break free from the binds he grounded himself drawing on his strength to resist and fight the magical constraints. With every ounce of willpower he tried to sense where Abigail might be, waiting for an opportunity to turn the tables. If he could just land one solid hit...there! Even though he couldn't see he was certain that Abby was to his left so he swing in that direction as fast and as forceful as he could hoping to hit and knock her off her feet.

• Like 1

Abby grinned in the darkness, her heart pounding as she began to think about her next move. She knew she had surprised Benji with her sudden darkness spell and magical bindings. The smirk only grew on her face as she felt power over him for once in her life. It was the perfect opportunity to prove herself against her pain the the ass bully. She heard his taunting words and his movement to her left. She was ready. But she could not help but start to laughing in a way that it began to echo all around them both. In a sort of eerie way.  Benji swung towards her, Abby used her spell that made her appear and disappear all around him. "Ohhhhhhh is that all you got....where is the big bad boy that had so much to say?"  She could sense his frustration and anger, but she wasn't about to let up. Appearing behind him she leaned in to whisper in his ears "Ohhhh but you like being tied up like this don't you....cause if you really wanted out then you would be out by now." Giggling she disappeared again as she appeared in front of him. That is when she clasped her hands together as she said "BOO" and the light came back Abby lunged at him with a burst of speed, her movements a blur as she aimed a swift kick at his legs, attempting to bring him to the ground. "You can't beat me, Benji!" she hissed.

• Like 1

In complete darkness Benji felt his senses sharpen. Abby's haunting laughter echoed around him which only served to magnify the tension. Her whisper in his ear startled him, but it was her words that truly left an impact. For a moment the question of whether he enjoyed this uncomfortable bind lingered in his mind. It was true; if he truly wanted to break free from the magical binds, he probably could have. Was there something strangely electrifying about this power struggle? Something... compelling about Abby's newfound strength? 'BOO'  Abby's voice broke the darkness, and light flooded back into the arena. Benji's eyes narrowed as they adjusted, and he found Abby lunging at him, aiming a swift kick toward his legs. This time, her foot connected solidly, and the force of the blow sent him to his knees. 'You can't beat me, Benji' she hissed, locking eyes with him.

Those eyes. For the first time, Benji noticed they weren't just blue; they were a fierce, stormy shade, swirling with complexities he had never bothered to look for. The humiliation of being brought to his knees was undercut by a strange kind of disorienting excitement. He felt his own power, his own potential for domination, but there was something else—something he couldn't name, but wanted to explore. A spark of... respect? Intrigue? What the hell was it?!?! "Well, let's find out, shall we?" Benji looked up and smirked, rising slowly to his feet with a renewed sense of purpose. This fight was about more than just a display of physical strength; it was an exploration of hidden desires, buried feelings, and...maybe a newfound respect. Abby had awakened something in him, a curiosity he couldn't ignore. And he was eager to see where it led.

Abby couldn't help but smirk as she knew the little ares boy was feeling out of his element. He was playing in her playground now! Whatever power he thought he had was gone in the moment of her magic. She could feel the pride she had in her magic as it had worked to mess with him. "Oh, you're finally coming out to play, huh?" she said back with attitude, her eyes still locked with his. It was clear that something had shifted between them, but what was it? She felt a surge of adrenaline coursing through her veins, and there was a hint of mischief in her voice as she added, "You're in for a wild ride, Benji." All those hours of her working on her magic was going to pay off. This bully was going DOWN!

With a newfound confidence, Abby stepped back, preparing herself for the next round. The darkness and her magical bindings might have been her initial advantage, but now it was slowly fading since it was daylight. If this was the middle of the night then he would have zero chance of defeating her.  Benji had awoken a side of her she never knew existed, and she was more than ready to embrace it. Part of her wanted to Dominate him as he was a challenge for her. I mean it was only fun if you worked for it right? Then appearing at his side again "Catch me if you can Benji Boy" she giggled as she pushed him this time. 

Important Information

Terms of Use