bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Sticky Fingers and Selfish Hearts

Celeste Hadzis

Celeste was sitting in her room playing with something she stole the last time she was out in New York. It wasn't expensive plus she had the money to buy it.....but what's the fun in buying it! The thing was one of those fidget toys that was a metal track with a spinning top going back and forth of it. Trying not to mess up, Celeste had been playing most the morning with it as she was avoiding Lilythe. Why was she the most responsible one out of all of the Hermes kids??? Just the thought of getting another lecture, made her roll her eyes as she then kept playing with her stolen toy. That was when a loud noise made her jump and drop it "OHHHHHHHHH WHAT NOW?" she yelled annoyed at how loud and over crowded her cabin was. 

@ Theodore Thatcher

Theo had been skulking around the camp all morning searching for some mischief to get into. It wasn't like him to just stay idle and a morning without a good prank or a steal was a morning wasted. Spotting Celeste in her room he grinned. His sister was always good for a bit of fun, and she could also get a bit irritated which promised an interesting interaction. He leaned against the doorway watching her with an amused smirk as he said, "Well, well, looks like someone is having a bad day. Care for some company, princess?"

Theo knew how Celeste prided herself on her royal treatment so using the term princess was like a double-edged sword - a compliment and a tease. He watched her messing with the small object and he could tell it was stolen. "And what do we have here?" Theo moved over making an attempt to snatch the toy from her hands. "Something you 'bought' on your last trip to the city?"

• Like 1

Celeste's annoyance escalated as Theo sauntered into her room with his mischievous grin. She glared at him, not appreciating his teasing. Maybe it was the fact that she had been pushed to the point from the noise that she was grumpy. I mean she was a princess after all so why did the others not treat her as such!!! "Oh great, just what I needed, the jester of Hermes," she retorted, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Celeste quickly snatched the stolen toy away from Theo's reach, gripping it tightly in her hands. "Why yes sherlock I did BUY this when I was in the city last.....but you know you don't steal things as fun as this...yours is always jewelry mr. Robin Hood!," she smirked, her eyes filled with a playful nature now. She knew Theo had a knack for pushing her buttons, but she wasn't about to let him have the upper hand. With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she held the toy up, making sure to keep it out of Theo's reach. "But since you're so curious, maybe we can plan out our next outage in the city next....where we might hit next.....or are you too scared?" she said, her voice laced with a challenge. With a flick of her wrist, she activated the toy, causing the metal track to spin and the top to whiz back and forth. It emitted a satisfying clicking sound, captivating both Celeste and Theo. "This princess is waiting....

• Like 1

"Jester of Hermes eh?" Theo laughed, pushing off from where he leaned. "Better a jester who brings joy than a princess who's so easily annoyed." Despite the playful banter he couldn't help but be intrigued by the fidget toy she held. Even if it wasn't as glamorous as some of the trinkets he swiped the toy did look amusing. Yet her challenge had struck a chord within him. She was calling him out and though it was all in good fun Theo had always prided himself on being brave and cunning. He took a step closer standing over Celeste, his blue eyes locked onto hers. "Scared? Me? You must be confusing me with someone else, princess," he said narrowing his eyes slightly but with a smirk playing on his lips. "And planning together? Hmm... I think I like the sound of that. Two mischievous minds are better than one."

The captivating sound of the toy brought Theo out of their verbal duel for a moment. Watching it spin, he thought of all the opportunities for mischief and pranks it could provide. It was mesmerizing. Finally, he took a step back, his hands raised in a mock surrender. "Alright, alright, I concede. You've got yourself a partner-in-crime for the next outing," Theo declared, chuckling lightly. Despite their teasing deep down he truly enjoyed the bond he shared with Celeste. They were siblings after all, bound by a mutual thirst for fun and chaos. "What did you have in mind, Your Highness."

Celeste's smirk grew wider as she reveled in the banter with Theo. She knew how to push his buttons just as well as he knew how to push hers. "Call me the princess and the Pea....I know my limits" She raised an eyebrow, challenging him further. Calling him scared would do the trick and she knew it.  Theo was one to test boundaries and she didn't know if the boy even knew the world no.  "Well then, partner, we'll need all your cunning for this one. The jewelry store has a new security system, and I've heard they hired a watchful guard. We'll need to be at the top of our game." Celeste couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement. You know, when you find a store that gave you a bit of challenge it just made her want to prove to the store their system was weak! "I will split what we sell the jewels for 60 40" raising an eyebrow she waited to see if he would agree to try and make her do 50 50!!!! As they huddled together, plotting their next adventure. Some would know in their cabin this was bad news bears if they were plotting. They may have had their differences, but when it came to causing a bit of chaos and excitement, there was no one Celeste would rather have by her side than her partner-in-crime, Theo.

• Like 1

Theo chuckled as he heard Celeste lay down the challenge. The thought of infiltrating a well-protected jewelry store with a new security system was like Christmas morning for him. It was the kind of challenge that made all the risks and close calls worthwhile. However, his grin lessoned a bit when she mentioned the 60/40 split. Sure, she was the one with the plan, but 60/40? Nawwwww.

"A new security system and a watchful guard? Now you're speaking my language. But 60/40?" He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest, assuming a posture of mock negotiation. "I think my invaluable expertise and devilishly good looks warrant a little more, don't you think? How about 59/41? It's only fair since I'm pretty much the James Bond of theft."

Theo leaned closer to Celeste, nearly whispering as if revealing a deep secret. "You know, we do make quite the pair, you and I. The Princess and the Jester, the two instigators of chaos and sophistication." He chuckled softly, fully embracing the idea of another adventure with Celeste. Theo knew that the duo was unstoppable when they put their minds together, and that sense of invincibility, along with the joy of teasing his sister, made him feel more alive than ever. "So, 59/41, do we have a deal, Your Highness?"

• Haha 1

Celeste couldn't help but roll her eyes at Theo's cheeky negotiation. "Oh, Theo, you're so  right. Your devilishly good looks are worth at least a whole percentage point," she replied with a smirk, her tone dripping with sarcasm. She was way better looking then he ever was! Of course he was too big headed to realize it but it was whatever! "Alright, fine, 50/50 it is, but only because I can't resist that irresistible charm of yours, James Bond." If there was any sibling that could get this sticky finger bandit to budge it was her brother Theo. Maybe it was the fact she found someone just as dead inside as she was that she felt like she had a full fledge brother. She leaned in closer, mirroring Theo's conspiratorial tone. "And remember, Mr. Bond, this time, let's try not to set off any alarms or trip over our own shoelaces. We can't have you tarnishing that suave reputation of yours, now can we?" Celeste winked playfully, fully aware that their banter was all part of the fun. With their deal struck and plans in motion, the dynamic duo of the Hermes cabin was ready for their next daring escapade, and Celeste couldn't wait to see what chaos and sophistication they would unleash upon the unsuspecting jewelry store.

• Like 1

Theo's laughter filled the room, the sound light and genuine. "Ah, Celeste, always keeping me on my toes," he remarked, shaking his head with a dramatic sigh. "You really know how to negotiate, don't you? But alright, 50/50. Only because you drive such a hard bargain." He tapped his chin, feigning contemplation. "Though, maybe we should account for that time you nearly set off the sprinkler system with your 'brilliant' idea of a smoke screen. Or that other time you got distracted by a shiny trinket while we were mid-escape. Ah, memories." As he recounted their past escapades, Theo's mind drifted back, painting vivid images of their adventures. They were thrilling, dangerous, and filled with moments of pure adrenaline. But there were also moments of hilarity, mishaps that could have been disastrous but instead turned into cherished memories. With each recollection, his fondness for Celeste deepened, a reminder of the bond they shared. She wasn't just his partner-in-crime; she was his sister, and their relationship was a mixture of shared secrets, thrilling capers, and mutual trust...well maybe not always trust, they were both thieves after all. 

Drawing his attention back to the present, Theo smirked, "You know, setting off alarms and tripping over shoelaces? It adds a touch of unpredictability to our escapades. But alright, Your Highness, for you, I promise no alarms and absolutely no tripping." He gave a mock salute, the playful gleam in his eyes making it clear he couldn't make any real promises. The thrill of the chase was unpredictable, after all. "So.....where do we begin?"

Important Information

Terms of Use