bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Time Moves Slowly, But Passes Quickly

The Chronicler

The Storyteller

The big house was quiet, except for the sound of the bees buzzing in the field. It was a hot July day, and there was little to do around the camp thanks to the heat driving most people indoors. In a rare moment, the Big House was completely empty. Not a cabin leader, god, or centaur to be seen. 

@ Petal Price  and @ Ryo Mitsu  find themselves headed to The Big House. Their reasons known only to themselves.

It was yet again another summer day, and it had been a busy time around camp. Classes had gone on as usual, with Ryo helping with some. He liked volunteering in everything especially being one of the older campers here. He liked being the older one guiding the younger ones too. He enjoyed leading and encouraging the campers at the same time. But yeah he liked some fun sometimes too! Getting into the big house today, there was a nice little hideout where campers can relax and have some drink or snacks. While he liked the idea of tea time, he remained empty stomach as he just wanted to rest himself under a roof, and watch the outside view from where he sat. It was an open area so the air was part cooling part hot, mostly cool. His gaze was towards a few of the campers walking around along the pathway outside the big house , and the fields of the grounds. 

• Like 1

Petal had been bounding around all day, a bubble of energy that never seemed to run out. Her contagious laugh echoed around the camp as she partook in all sorts of activities, from a hearty arm-wrestling match in which she severely, lost to an impromptu off-tune song around a bonfire. But as the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over everything, she noticed Ryo sitting by himself in the Big House. A teasing grin lit up her face, and she skipped towards him, her multi-colored skirt billowing behind her like a psychedelic cloud. She thought about how Ryo, ever the responsible one, was often engrossed in looking after the younger campers, and even when he sought solitude, his gaze still lingered protectively over the camp.

Without announcing her presence she gracefully plopped down next to him, her loose curls bouncing as she landed. With a wink and a playful nudge, she turned to him, "Why so serious, Ryo? It's summertime, you know." She paused for a moment before continuing, "C'mon, Mr. Wisdom, you've got to have a little fun too!" She held out a colorful flower crown she had made during her earlier frolics. "Here, for the solemn king of the camp," she giggled, attempting to place the crown on his head. She hoped her infectious energy would help bring a bit of levity to his evening, even if just for a few moments.

• Like 1

Ryo was enjoying the serenity and calming view of the camp grounds when he noticed something hindering his view. Well maybe his alone moment was no longer no more as he was looking at a hint of rainbow colours drawing its own attention towards him. He rolled his eyes seeing how the Iris always had a kind of enthusiasm in them, but chuckled after that as he thought it was pretty cute coming from the Iris girl Petal. One he knew from around camp plus the capture the flag event. "Petal………I’m not! It’s only summer that I get lesser time to rest.” He was sitting up and no longer lying like a boss. Something about the Iris girl made him want to jump up all the time. Overly hyped girl. But he was oddly enjoying it. "Whoa what’s this?” And the ‘solemn king of the camp’ touched the flower crown wreath Petal made and which she placed on his head, curiously and alerted by it, then reluctantly accepted and laughed a bit at her words. Really, was he that dull all the time? Well, he might have been. Maybe having been a much older and cranky camper made him like that? He recalled his younger days and they were quite cheerful.

"Well thanks for that Petal…..So what have you been doing this summer?” Quickly he reverted to his usual responsible self even for the other cabins. He must be turning into someone weird these days. Maybe it was time to change, back to his young and reckless self, but he didn’t recall he had those reckless self at all, he was more an obedient child.

Edited by Ryo Mitsu
  • Like 1

Petal watched Ryo with an amused expression, giggling as he took the flower crown and inspected it. "Well, it seems you need to have some fun," she retorted, poking his arm playfully. "You can't always be responsible, you know? You gotta let loose sometimes!" When he asked her what she had been up to over the summer so far the flower child shot off on all the actives and events she had been up to. But being a free spirited soul her conversation slowly transitioned away from camp activities and more into who she had been having summer crushes on. Being both a hippie and an Iris child, she crushed on more than one person. "Firstly, there’s this incredibly grumpy, yet oddly cute, Liam. Oh my, his anger is like...like a volcano. But, you know what they say about still waters and volcanoes, right?" She winked at him and giggled. 

Then with a dreamy look in her eyes, she carried on about her other crushes, leaning in closer as if sharing a secret, "And then, there’s Andralyn, the Tyche girl. Oh, she's so flirty and so incredibly lucky - you know, as Tyche kids tend to be. It's like she's got this magical charm around her." She drew a halo in the air above her head, then shrugged, giggling. "And, oh! Don't get me started on Gael. Dark, mysterious, and a tad bit scary, but there’s something about him..." she drifted off, staring dreamily into the distance. She shook herself out of it, turning back to Ryo with a playful grin. "So you see, Ryo, my summer's been quite... eventful." She knew Ryo would find her ramblings amusing, but that was Petal for you - a whirlwind of fun, flirting, and eternal optimism. "How about you? What serious leadership matters have you handled this summer so far?" she teased.

• Like 1

Ryo could only hear what Petal had to say, as she had started it before he could even put back the flower crown onto his head. She went into summer crushes instead of the activities or classes she had been doing. He really, and honestly, felt like leaving the house and somewhere to sleep, away from the buzzing noises from the Iris girl. It wasn’t the responsible vibes that he had now but a mild tiredness from the classes this morning. He was getting older probably. It started with Liam as one of her summer crushes, and he shook his head when she mentioned about waters and volcanoes. How exactly do they relate to crushes?? Like opposite attracts? Then she moved on to Andralyn the Tyche girl……oooh so she’s bi?? And then Gael, who was one of the minor demigods. He mentally facepalmed to hear this many crushes the girl had, really, do all the Iris children flirts and flings with everyone? Hopefully not him.

But he just felt like this urge to stop the girl from talking, for ever, as he was lost in her words. And before he answered her question on what he had been doing for summer, he stood up and lightly planted a kiss on her forehead. There, that should stop her for a bit. He was looking down towards her now when it was his turn talking, not even flushed, maybe a little for his unwavered demeanour. Though she was quite tall for her age. "For me, just taking care of some of those heartbrokenness that you kids have all the time. And well helping out on some counselling, and camp activities. “

Edited by Ryo Mitsu
  • Like 1

The second Ryo kissed her forehead Petal found herself suddenly breathless, her rambling having ceased in mid-sentence. It was like someone had hit the pause button on her, freezing her in place, her wide eyes blinked up at Ryo in surprise. A rush of warmth spread from her forehead, where Ryo's lips had brushed against her skin. She was still trying to process what had happened when he answered her question. Her heart pounded in her chest, the usual rhythm replaced with a catchy beat that was as surprising as it was exhilarating. She couldn’t help the giggle that slipped past her lips. She sat there, a bit stunned, still smiling up at him. She could feel a blush creeping up her cheeks, but she didn't attempt to hide it.

"Well, well, Mr. Wisdom, are you trying to make me one of those heartbroken kids?" she teased. She was trying to bring back the light-hearted banter, hoping it would help her regain her composure. She gave him a playful nudge with her shoulder, an attempt to return them to their normal interaction. But the blush was stubborn, refusing to leave her cheeks, and she could not completely erase the slight tremble in her voice. It was strange, how Ryo's single gesture had managed to disrupt her usual bubbly demeanor. She looked up at him, her eyes twinkling, "So, do you always surprise people like this, or is it just me?" Her playful tone was returning, and with it, her confidence.

• Haha 1

Ryo was still flushed a bit after he answered Petal. Had he told her everything he has been doing this summer or left out any important notes. Though he was sure breaking someone’s heart wasn’t in his list. He smiled lightly, more like apologetically but still firmly as what he had done was to stop her from talking, too much. Or maybe…….not? "Nope, definitely not. It was just, a sudden reflex, like a nice little warm greeting for you.” He managed to turn it into something more friendly than anything more awkward , as he could clearly see her blush despite her trying to sweep it away. He chuckled a bit at that, so the Iris girl was not always that bright and confident eh? Still he didn’t want to trouble the girl being quite responsible as a person. He noticed her usual expressive features coming back , and her question again. Had he surprised her with the kiss? Ahhh….so the girl had a few moments of shyness too. Actually he would’ve thought the Iris girl would be the one around kissing people than he did. It was truthfully, his first time kissing someone to be honest. He was still a gentleman! ”Of course not……just no idea what came off of me……..Well aside from crushes, what classes you enjoy? “ He returned back to their topic and decided to talk about classes instead, the typical thing that Athena would say about. Yikes, well that might be the only way to move himself from the kiss just now.
  • Like 1

Petal blinked in surprise as Ryo mentioned his action had been a sudden reflex. It was almost as if he had said it to convince himself more than her. Petal was used to people reacting to her bright, bubbly energy, but Ryo had done something no one else had dared to do. And that intrigued her. "Well," she started, drawing out the word while she gathered her thoughts. Her teasing grin was back in place, though slightly softened. "Reflexes do tell a lot about a person, don't they?" She continued, her voice teasing yet thoughtful, "I suppose next time, I should consider wearing a 'Do Not Kiss' sign around my neck. You know, for your sudden reflexes." She poked her tongue out at him, trying to lighten the mood again.

As he diverted the conversation towards the classes, she gave a small shrug, her twinkling eyes never leaving his face. "Well, you know me. Anything that doesn't involve sitting in one place for too long. The outdoor classes are my favorite - survival skills, archery... Oh, and I’ve recently taken a liking to herbalism. There’s something really beautiful about being able to help someone with just a handful of plants, you know?" Her voice had taken on a more serious tone as she spoke about her newfound interest. But then she quickly looked back at Ryo, her playful smile returning. "But what about you, Mr. Responsible? Any fun classes, or is it all seriousness and books?" She asked, her eyes glinting with mirth. Petal was curious to know if Ryo ever managed to take some time out of his 'responsible' schedule for some fun.

• Like 1

Ryo was supposed cool and calm but he was a little tensed after kissing Petal’s forehead. It was like little peck but it felt like a long kiss….. "Hmmm..uh…..so you’re putting it up expecting that you’ll bump into me or something huh? " He chuckled, if she really did that it would be hilarious, but he didn’t mind either way because well he didn’t mind if he kiss her again or not. Something about the girl makes him open up more. Well it made him smile right now, forgetting about just now. He was kind of surprised when she spoke in a stoic tone on what she had been doing, it was like she wasn’t her for awhile. For a second he thought they had changed roles. "Hmm that’s a lot for an Iris girl………I’m sure you’re managing them all well, planning and all right?” He wasn’t sure if the iris girl were like them always planning ahead or if they do things spontaneously. It was the opposites that made him curious about her. "To be honest, I’m not always ‘responsible’, I’d like to have some fun too, like sports. We’re really good at combat and strategy, for all Athenas yeah…. Besides that, I like to go to the arts centre, we do most of the arts and crafts there.” He knew it was something in common with the Iris children, as they too often hang around there. He was crafting some cool Ancient Greek architecture these days and he was still into doing them , probably later. Right now he was thinking whether to keep resting or continue the chat with her….since when did this became a chat already?

Petal's eyes sparkled with delight as Ryo chuckled. It was a small thing, really, but seeing Mr. Responsibility lighten up—even for a moment—felt like a victory in her book. "Oh, so you're admitting there might be a 'next time,' huh?" She wiggled her eyebrows playfully at him, enjoying the lightness returning to their interaction. When he mentioned planning, she laughed warmly. "Planning? Oh, darling, I'm more of a 'go where the wind takes me' kind of girl." She made a twirling motion with her finger, illustrating her whimsical nature.

The excitement was vivid in Petal's voice when Ryo started talking about his interests. "Wait, you like arts and crafts too? Oh, we should totally collaborate on something! Can you imagine? The discipline of Athena meets the whimsy of Iris—it would be like, the coolest fusion ever!" Her mind raced with creative ideas, colorful mosaics blending with intricate designs, perhaps even some sort of interactive art piece for the camp. Just thinking about it filled her with energy. Her eyes met Ryo's, capturing the shared moment of enthusiasm. "So, what do you say, Mr. Responsible? Ready to let a little chaos into your orderly world?" She winked at him, her playful tone tinged with genuine curiosity. She wondered if Ryo would take her up on the offer, or if the "responsible" part of him would override the creative spark she had just seen flicker to life.

• Like 1

Ryo felt as if he has been enlightened by the Iris girl, but as expected from the children of rainbow and messengers. He knew that it could be hard to resist such welcoming and friendly demeanour coming from these kids. He chuckled further, not keeping up with his strict attitude anymore, just wanting to enjoy the moment. "Uhhh maybe…..Guess I’ll have to find out the next time huh…” He smirked, not knowing what will happen in the future but he might have been a 90% sure that it might happen again. Maybe to this girl in particular. He nodded softly at how the girl was spontaneous, which was what opposite to the Athena’s more organised trait. They love planning, and constructing stuff in order rather than to take much risks. But he didn’t mind a few risks either sometimes. He simply laughed at her enthusiasm when he mentioned how he liked the arts. It was true that all Athenas were good at that, as they were good crafters and builders, mainly for battle but they were good at that for sure. Apart from them, strategy was another master thing they do all day, as they liked thinking and Logic, so different from the Iris now to deeply think of it. But art was what they shared the most. "Well that’s a really wide imagination you have there…… but I’m always open to new ideas and of course, to all your wild ideas.” He was beginning to think what kind of creativity the Iris girl would impose into their craft together, with his intellectual and organised mind , they could’ve built something even more creative than usual. Hmmm he was truly looking forward to that.

• Like 1

Petal was thrilled as Ryo seemed to be opening up to the idea of them working together. Her cheeks were flushed with excitement, and she clapped her hands together, already brainstorming the numerous possibilities. "Oh, I have so many ideas! We could make a mosaic using colorful shells and glass, or create a mobile that reflects the sunlight in a thousand different colors!" She was practically bouncing on the balls of her feet, her energy infectious. Her eyes were wide and bright, filled with the visions of their potential creations, a rainbow of possibilities unfolding before them. She leaned in closer to Ryo, eager to see his reaction to her ideas. "What do you think, Ryo? What would you like to work on?"

Petal’s enthusiasm seemed boundless, and she looked at Ryo with hopeful eyes, eagerly awaiting his input. She was genuinely curious about what ideas he might bring to the table, what Athena’s disciplined creativity could add to Iris’ whimsical charm. A gentle breeze played with her hair, and she twirled a strand around her finger absentmindedly, her mind already painting vivid pictures of their potential collaborative masterpiece. She hoped he could see the beauty in the chaotic swirl of ideas and she wondered how their differing personalities would come together in a dance of creativity.

Important Information

Terms of Use