bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Between Two World (Theo & Evelyn)

Asher had spent enough time in the quote and quote real world and now she was back at camp. She had to. She had grown up dividing these two words in completely different sectors that when she ventured from one to the other it felt as thought she was stepping into a completely different world. And in a sense, she was. For instance, her life in New York was unlike anything she had ever experienced at camp. In fact, her life in New York was different that even that of your average New Yorker. Camp was a sanctuary in some ways and it seemed that despite everything, stepping foot into Cabin 20 was like being able to breathe again in some way.

So she had packed her bags and come back and now that had settled in, she was looking forward to seeing one individual in particular. That individual, with whom she had created more than just a little spark. That man that somehow managed to bring a smile to her face every time he walked into a room. She hadn't asked Theo if he would be back but she wanted to assume that he was.

Though she couldn't understand why she had never asked him. It would be very simple and he would answer but Asher was learning to open up and let him in. Reaching out first was certainly not something she would do. And yet, she still wondered around the camp grounds hoping to bump into him ever so subtlety and perhaps continue where they had left off. Though if it was up to her, they would engage in other things, like understand what they meant to each other. At least in part Asher wanted to have that conversation.

@ Theodore Thatcher  @ Evelyn Scott

• Like 2

Evelyn had always been fond of her boytoy Theo, but lately he seemed to be off and wanted nothing to do with her. Ever since he went out to the world that one time a month or so ago. He had been distant from her. Normally she would throw a fit but her mind had been on other things such as Samantha. Man life was getting complicated for the child of aphrodite. But seeing Theo in the grounds she will run up to him. "Theo," she said, her voice filled with a mixture of curiosity and hurt. "Where have you been? We haven't played together like we used to. Did something happen out there? Did I do something wrong?" Her words spilled out in a rush, her arms wrapped around his neck. She searched his face for any hint of an explanation, desperately wanting him to reassure her that everything was okay. That was when she looked over seeing another person, walking around the grounds too....who was it, oh yesss that girl Asher. The older Hecate child that was some rich girl....her twin was a lot of fun just like Theo was....But turning back she looked at Theo wanting an answer.

• Like 1

The moment Theo heard Evelyn's voice he felt a pang of uncertainty. The way she held onto him reminded him of the times they'd spent together their playful banter and their careless intimacy. Yet as she continued to speak Theo could tell something was different...off even. It was like a silent plea for understanding that he'd never heard from her before. Theo glanced down at her seeing the desperation in her eyes, confusion, maybe even hurt? 'Oh boy, how do I even begin to unpack all this?' he thought to himself. Their relationship had always been a game. A fun, meaningless distraction, devoid of any emotional weight. So what had changed with Evelyn

The mention of his recent venture out into the world brought back a rush of memories, images of another girl, not Evelyn.....but AsherAsher who was more than just a city fling, who had meant so much to him, and still did. 'Could this situation get any worse?!?' He was just about to respond to Evelyn when she mentioned Asher's name and his gaze shot back towards the newcomer. 'Oh shit it can!!' There she was strolling around the grounds with that familiar look of cool indifference. His heart did a funny little flip at the sight of her. 'gods she's amazing!' Suddenly Evelyn's grip on him felt like a trap, her questions an interrogation. He didn't want to hurt her, but he couldn't ignore the pull he felt towards Asher either.

"Evelyn," Theo started to say. "It's not you, and....it's not something you did." He paused not sure how to continue. "I've... well, things have changed a bit for me. You know how life outside of camp can be....." he added hoping his vague words would be enough to pacify her without having to reveal too much.

Asher had managed to let herself feel but she was still capable of putting it all back in its place. She had always been afraid that if she allowed herself to feel the emotions that other people dwelt ok so freely that she would never be able to put them back where they belonged and she would constantly have to play this game of reason versus emotions. But alas, she knew she was capable of putting it all back and locking the box shut without remorse. And how did she know that? Because it wasn’t long before she saw one of the Aphrodite’s girls wrap her arms around Theo.

It wasn’t like she could hear what they were saying, but she could see her expression and while she couldn’t decipher whether or not the look on Evelyn’s face was that of flirtation or not, it didn’t help settle herself at all. She stared at them, her expression turning into that of cool indifference, trying to decide what she was to do. She had seen them and she wanted them to know that she had seen them, but she wasn’t sure if that contact and then walking away would provide her with the best outcome.

Asher was not a jealous person but she knew she didn’t like when something of hers was taken without notice or permission. And yet she couldn’t claim Theo as her own because what they were to each other was still unclear and perhaps that was what angered her most. So she walked towards them, one calculating foot in front of the other and when she came in close proximity with them, her expression changed. No longer was it indifferent but rather it made it clear that she had thoughts on the matter and none of which showed either of them in the best light. 

“Hi Theo. Evelyn.” Was all she said. Each word final. Without question at the end or chase for rebuttal. She wanted him to know what she was thinking but she wanted him to say it himself. And her, well, she wanted to know why she had to be so obviously cheap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The unexpected sound of Asher's voice sent a shockwave through Theo's already tangled emotions. His heart leapt in his chest as he turned to face her, her simple greeting laden with unspoken tension and hidden meaning. His mind raced to process the complex web of emotions he was caught in. On one hand, Evelyn's desperate need for answers and reassurance weighed heavily on him, and on the other, Asher's cool, controlled demeanor hinted at a deep well of unspoken emotions. His connection with Asher was different, deeper, and more meaningful, and it was tearing at him to see her so visibly affected. But he couldn't deny that Evelyn had meant something to him too, once upon a time.

With an almost practiced ease, Theo's smooth-talking nature took over. "Asher, lovely to see you again," he said, his voice betraying none of the chaos he felt inside. He let go of Evelyn and turned fully to face Asher, his eyes locked with hers, searching for some hint of understanding, some clue to what she was really feeling. He knew he needed to handle this situation with care, to navigate the delicate balance between the two women in his life. "You look as radiant as ever," he continued, his words filled with genuine admiration but also a touch of deflection. He was dancing around the issue, trying to maintain control of a situation that felt like it was slipping through his fingers. "I hope you've been well." His eyes flicked back to Evelyn, a silent apology in his gaze. He knew he needed to address her concerns too, to assure her that their relationship, though changed, was not forgotten. But for now, Asher commanded his attention, her presence a magnetic force he couldn't ignore. The delicate game of emotions he was playing was threatening to unravel, and he knew he had to tread carefully if he wanted to preserve his relationship with Asher which meant so much to him.

• Like 1

Evelyn could see there was something different about Theo than the last time the two of them played. The once playboy seemed to be.....NO IT COULDN'T BE.....her mind only came to one word. TAMED! Was there a woman that had gotten him to not be the typical bad boy he had been since she met him all those years ago. There was a pain inside that only grew as time went on. It was his reactions and his words that made the feeling of not being good enough grow more in her. "What so are you saying then?" The pain was painted all over her face as the rage began to build.  That was when she looked over to where he looked.......no fucking way....Asher????? There was no fucking way he was willing to trade in their fun times for this prude right???? If looks could kill then she would had stopped Asher heart right then and there! Not from the fact that she wanted theo but that she was being made feel lesser than her after all this time together. 

This of course only made her dig in her claws a bit more "Asher" she said as she looked back at Theo. This time she was trying to fight back the tears as she was now so hurt and angry. She had told herself for years, what was in between them was nothing serious but why was she feeling this way?? Theo had let go of her which only shocked her more. He had once talked to HER that way.  Turning away she tried to control herself as she could not let them see her this way. "You may try and think he is yours Asher" her tears began to go down her face but she  "But he is a bad boy deep down and he will always want me." Turning back around she was the old confident self as she had so much practice hiding her pain, walking up to theo as she kissed him on the cheek before she glared at Asher. "Have fun while you can Asher" the look she had was one of watching the world burn. Turning she walked away making sure to move her body in a way that would catch anyone's eye.   

• Like 1

It wasn't a surprise that Asher was not pleased with this situation. In fact, if she was surrounded by people that knew her, they would know that she was fuming and her cool and calm demeanor was just the front she was putting forward so that she wouldn't give in to her true feelings. Because her true feelings were those of wanting to choke Evelyn so fearfully that her smug look would disappear completely from her face. But alas, like everything in life, Asher was a lot more calculating and mean that that. Asher looked at Evelyn and then at Theo and she knew exactly what was going on. It was all a matter of who could one up the other and while Asher was in no mood to compete with a child, that didn't mean she wasn't going to shut it down once and for all.

She couldn't tell what Theo was thinking but he wasn't entirely at fault and Asher could sense a slight difference in him. Like he was before. If Theo had been his true self only for Asher that was fine and all, but it wasn't going to cut it. When Evelyn looked at her and then walked away, Asher knew it was her turn. "Are you familiar with the thoroughbred?" She asked, lifting her hands to conjure a glass wall that was meant to block Evelyn's path. "No, I didn't think you would." She continued, getting closer to the girl. "It is the process of breeding a race horse. See when it comes to throughbreeding, the most important aspects of a race horse are agility, speed and spirit. You want your horse to be the fastest, the most agile, the show stopper of the show. That is what determines the value and yet, when those things are long gone, the horse no longer serves a purpose. You move on to the next one and the next one." 

She stopped, her voice soft but lacking any sense of compassion. "You see what I am saying? You can be the best race horse there is, but even the fastest, loosest of all horses reaches its peak and then the value plummets, and what is one to do then?" Her words were clear and the intention even so. She turned to look at Theo and the glance that she gave him was anything but friendly. "If you want him, you can have him. I am not interested in competing with a race horse. And you, Theo, at least have the balls to stand up for what you want." 

• Like 2

The weight of Asher's words hung heavy in the air, the tension between the three of them palpable. Theo stood frozen for a moment, trying to grasp the depth of the emotions and accusations that had just been thrown around. Evelyn's hurt and Asher's cold, calculated fury were both directed at him, and he felt trapped between two powerful forces. Theo tried to collect himself. His relationship with Evelyn had been uncomplicated and carefree, and he had never anticipated that it would lead to such turmoil. But his connection with Asher was different. It was raw, intense, and something he had never experienced before. He felt a pang of regret for not having been more forthcoming with Evelyn about his feelings for Asher.

Theo took another deep breath, struggling to find the right words. "Asher," he began, his voice filled with emotion, "I've never claimed to be a saint. But with you, it was different. It is different!" He met her gaze, trying to convey the depth of his sincerity. Turning then to Evelyn he continued. "I'm sorry, I never meant for things to turn out this way. You and I... we had something fun, light, and it was what we both wanted at the time. But things change, feelings change." He paused, choosing his words carefully. "I met Asher and well...something just... clicked. But that doesn’t excuse the way I've been distant or the way I've hurt you."

Theo, feeling a momentary boost of confidence now and thinking he could lighten the tense atmosphere with a bit of wit, cleared his throat and said, "You know, they say when two women fight over a man, it's not a testament to his worth, but to his audacity." He flashed what he believed to be a charming grin, hoping for a couple of amused smiles.

• Like 1

Before today she had never had any fault for asher. Of course her twin was the fun one she love to try and play with!!! But this was just ridiculous, as if she knew the two of them were having anything serious. She honestly didn't know Theo had it in him. Evelyn's eyes blazed with a mixture of rage and humiliation. She was not one to be belittled, and Asher's analogy had hit a nerve. Theo's attempt at humor only added to her boiling anger. With a sharp intake of breath, she shot back, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "Well, isn't this just a charming little love triangle we have here? How endearing, Theo, that you found your precious 'click' with Asher......I guess you are the next racing horse then Asher...wait until you are used up you dried up prune!" The girl was plain as always so what did he see in her???? Part of her was hurting as even though things were never serious with Theo she had used him as a comfort for years. Now this was the last straw, unable to contain her emotions any longer, Evelyn's hand shot out, aiming to slap Asher across the face. Ohhhhh she was sooooo not done with this as she will burn everything to the ground if she could. Asher had made an enemy this day and is wasn't because of her being with Theo but her own fat ass mouth!!!!! 

• Like 1

Asher had said what she had said. She had never been one to take back her words or apologize when her delivery had been successful. She could see it in Evelyn's eyes that she had made her feel inferior. A better person would have felt bad and tried to mend the situation, but Asher disagreed with that approach. She had not started this whole exchange but she was damned if she was going to let it go without adding her own two-bits. Plus, there was something about Evelyn's ways, how she had wrapped herself around Theo in a manner as though to claim him that had disgust her. It was vulgar. 

As Theo attempted to make a joke, Asher turned to look at him and shot him a look that clearly said he was walking on thin ice. Had he chosen to do absolutely nothing, everything else that happened afterwards would have played out in a more civilized manner. Evelyn spoke then and Asher had to admit she was surprised she had it in her considering she could barely keep up with this conversation. She didn't quite expect that remark but she didn't add to it. She looked at Theo and while a part of her wanted to let him know that she did not think of him as a charity case, she didn't have time to react.

She wasn't looking at Evelyn so perhaps in a perfect world Asher would have liked to imagine she would have stopped her hand before it came into contact with her face. Asher wasn't going to lie, it stung, and she placed her cold hand over her cheek to ease some of the soreness. She looked at Evelyn then and if Asher had allowed herself to do what she wanted to do, there would have been a lot of spells coming from her person, but that slap had been the final straw. If Evelyn wanted Theo that bad, she could have him. "If you are that desperate, have him. I'm done with this conversation. If you want to fight me do so in a manner that conveys respect. Not in a bitch slap demeanor that you seem so fond of."

• Like 2

Feeling the emotional temperature spike significantly Theo's desire to try and keep the peace kicked into high gear. He found himself stepping between Evelyn and Asher, his hands outstretched as if he could physically hold the tension at bay. This was probably the most dangerous situation he had been in his whole life. "Okay, let's just hold on a second here," he interjected. He could see the storm brewing in Evelyn's eyes, and the ice in Asher's; neither was a sight he relished.

"Evelyn you knew from the start that what we had was never meant to be serious. We both agreed on that," Theo stressed. "I never lied to you about what I was looking for, or what I could offer. You said you didn't want anything serious, so I never offered it. We were on the same page, or so I thought."

Theo then turned towards Asher, his eyes meeting hers. In that moment, it was like he could see the fragile thread of their connection strained to its limit. "Asher, you knew I had a past. I told you that before. Life's complicated. I can't change what happened before we met, but I can be honest about how I feel now." His voice was almost pleading, begging her to understand that whatever he had with Evelyn didn't compare to what he felt for her.

He felt cornered and for the first time, he could clearly see the cost of his previous carelessness. The toll it was taking on relationships he valued. Here he was, standing between two people who mattered to him in very different ways, and for the first time he wasn't sure what to do next. He just hoped that maybe his genuine words might sink in and spare the two women from fighting each other....or killing him for that matter!

• Like 1

Evelyn stood there, her hand trembling where it had landed on Asher's cheek. She felt a hot rush of tears threatening to spill from her eyes, and the realization of what she had just done hit her like a ton of bricks. This wasn't how she had envisioned any of this unfolding. She had expected a confrontation, but not violence. She had never been one to resort to physical actions in her conflicts. Maybe it had been her time fighting Samantha with Ares using them like puppets.  It was as if a PTSD flashback came where she hit Samantha and she recoiled backward, holding her own has away from her. Her voice wavered as she spoke, tears streaming down her cheeks, "I...I don't want Theo, Asher. I never wanted him that way. But how dare you...how dare you say I'm worthless." Her shoulders sagged as she felt a wave of vulnerability wash over her, her anger momentarily giving way to hurt. The situation had spiraled out of control, and she couldn't bear to look at Theo or Asher, not after what had just transpired. She felt exposed, humiliated, and regretful for letting her emotions get the best of her. "You think you are so high and mighty with your money you you rich bitch that you forget people are worth more than what they get paid." With that she turned with the tears flowing down her face, oh she will get revenge on that bitch if it was the last thing she does!!!!! Asher messed with the wrong person and she was going to find that out herself!

-exits-

• Haha 2

Things had gotten more than just a little out of hand. Asher knew she had crossed a line and her words had been cruel. But she had also said so because she had been provoked and though Asher couldn't justify her actions without coming out as a bitch, she didn't regret them. She didn't say anything as Evelyn walked away, her words echoing in the background. How dare she? Well, did she really want her to answer that question? She took a deep breath and once Evelyn was out of sight, Asher relaxed her shoulders. If only for a moment. 

Asher could still feel the sting of the slap the blonde had left on her face but she knew that in time that would subside and fade. An unpleasant memory. But her words, she knew would echo inside Evelyn's head for who knew how long. Asher was aware of what she had done but there was no point in regretting any of it. She took a deep breath and then turned to look at Theo. She tensed up again, looking at him with a mixture of anger and resentment. "I hope your happy, because we are done."

• Like 1

The tightening knot in Theo’s chest became almost unbearable as Asher's words cut through the charged air, “I hope you're happy, because we are done.” His brows furrowed, a mix of frustration and confusion painting his features. How could they be ‘done’ when they hadn’t clearly defined what they were in the first place? He exhaled sharply, running a hand through his hair. “Done? Asher, we never even defined what ‘this’ was!” His voice held a strained note of incredulity, pointing to the undefined nature of their relationship. His mind raced as he tried to make sense of the turmoil, grappling with the pain of having opened up about his past, thinking she would comprehend that such complexities could arise. “I shared things with you, Asher, opened up about my past, thinking you’d understand. I was under the impression we were building something, yet here we are, at a precipice because of a past that I can't change!”

Feeling a swell of frustration, Theo’s gaze intensified, the hurt reflecting in his eyes. He felt caught in a whirlwind, the ground shifting beneath him as the two people he had connections with were at odds because of him. “I was honest with you, about everything. I thought that meant something to you!” His voice grew louder, the hurt palpable. The echoes of Evelyn’s departing footsteps were a grim reminder of the chaos that had unfolded, and he couldn’t help but feel a sense of loss. But it was Asher’s words, her declaration of an end, that stung the most. Theo felt a pull between wanting to reach out to Asher, to clarify, to understand, to work past this, but he didn't know how'd she'd react now. The uncertainty was a bitter taste on his tongue, and he was left standing there, feeling more alone than he had in a long time, watching as the remnants of relationships hung by a fragile thread.

Asher had one feet out the door and she was ready to simply walk away. She had always been this way. It was better this way. This way, she could walk away before things got too complicated or too hard or too painful. She was done and she meant it. For there was nothing about what was happening here that would fix the utter embarrassment she felt. It wasn't that Theo had hooked up with the Aphrodite brat or whatever, it was that she had thought it all too easy to rub it on her nose and think she could play games with her. That was unacceptable and it had been demeaning. Asher had not started the fight, but she had finished it and she was angry at Theo for not doing anything about it.

"You really don't get it, do you? It is not about what you did with her. It is how she just walked up to you, rubbing herself all over you and you thinking it was funny? It was hurtful and you put me in a situation I hated. I am not letting you do that again. You might have shared things with me and I was vulnerable but what does that matter? This hurt and I don't want to stand by and wait for it to hurt again."

• Like 1

The acidic sting of Asher's words resonated in Theo's ears, every syllable like a reminder of his failings. He had misconstrued their situation, believing that their undefined status would provide a safety net against such hurtful situations. And now, staring into the eyes of someone he deeply cared about, he grappled with regret; an emotion he had rarley felt before. "Asher," he began, taking a cautious step toward her, noting the distance she'd mentally placed between them, "I never found any of it funny. It wasn't about her. It there hasn't been an 'us' yet but I don't want to lose the chance that there could be. Look, if you want to walk away fine, but I think we had something special and if we can both take a moment to pause and talk about where this could go then we can avoid situations like this."

As Theo tried to bridge the gap, memories of their shared moment on that moonlit night cascaded through his mind. The way they had depended on each other for solace on a crazy night was something he hadn't felt with anyone else before. He wanted to hold onto that, but the weight of the recent events pressed heavily upon him. He wanted desperately to convey how wrong he had been. "I messed up," he admitted, a somber tone lacing his words, "And I can't change what has happened, but please believe that I never intended for any of this to unfold as it did. The last thing I wanted was for you to feel hurt or demeaned. If there's any part of you that believes in the connection we had, I'm asking for a chance to make it right."

"I won't pretend to know exactly how you feel, Asher," Theo said softly, his gaze never leaving hers, "But I do know that walking away now means giving up on something that could be real. On us. If you walk away, the ambiguity we've been dwelling in will remain. But if you stay, even just for a moment longer, we could find a way to move forward. Together." He extended his hand, an offering, a chance for understanding.

Asher had always needed certainty. She always needed to know where she stood and for how long. There was nothing about her life that was left to chance. Not only was it not part of her personality, but her schedule didn't allow for it. Everything had to be planned out and discussed and agreed upon. Her entire life had been a series of negotiations and agreements and contracts. She acted in much the same way towards her personal life, and for the most part, it worked in her favor. But then there was Theo and the unpredictability of what they were to each other. Asher felt like she had taken a huge leap of faith when she had gotten involved with him. When, much to her better judgement, had agreed to let things flow as it may. She had let go of her need for control and simply relaxed but now this had happened and she couldn't help but wonder if the blame was on her.

She looked at Theo as he spoke first and despite her want, her need to walk away, she listened to him. Her gaze softened, for a slight moment and then she sighed. "What do you want from me, Theo? I mean, if you were me, how would you react?" She said. "How are we even going to move forward? We are moving from nothing. There is nothing concrete here. I don't like ambiguity. I want to know where I stand, even if knowing means I am standing at a distance."

• Like 1

Theo, facing the raw and complex emotions in front of him, knew he was at a critical juncture. “If I were in your shoes, I'd probably feel lost and betrayed,” he admitted. His shoulders slumped slightly, feeling the weight of the rift between them. “I get that ambiguity isn’t your style, and maybe that’s my fault for not being clear enough before. But it doesn’t mean there’s no foundation here, Asher. We had moments, ones that felt...” he paused, searching for the right word, “...real.” A sigh escaped his lips. “I’m not asking you to jump into anything without boundaries or understanding. What I'm asking for is a chance to create something defined, clear. A structure that you’re comfortable with, where you always know where you stand. I just want the opportunity to try.”

The intensity of the last half hour had left Theo mentally drained, but the flame of determination still glowed brightly within him. “You deserve clarity, and if you’re willing, I want to give that to you. Let’s figure out what this...” he gestured between them, “...can be. I won’t push, I won’t rush. All I need is for you to believe, even a little, in the potential of 'us'. Can we do that?”

"Can you do that?"  He had asked her plain and simple. A question that should have been in itself pretty straight forward but one that left a lingering array of emotions in her head. Of course she could do that. That was an easy enough feat. But did she want to? Now that was a different task altogether. She shifted her weight ever so slightly, not wanting to seem nervous, especially not in front of him. She was thinking about her options, about her choices, about what it would mean if she agreed to what he was saying. There were many disadvantages here, and the more that she thought about it, the more she wanted to walk away.

But then she thought about what her brother would say. Arsen, ever the dreamer, would be encouraging her, telling her that it was okay to let her emotions guide her for once rather than her brain. Asher sighed and looked at Theo and for a small second, didn't want to just walk away. "Fine, but I need some time. I need to clear my head. Process this whole thing." 

• Like 1

Theo watched Asher's internal struggle, recognizing the tumult of her emotions in the way she held herself, the tension in her jaw. He understood that this moment was pivotal, that his next words and actions might very well tip the scales. He fought the urge to press her for an immediate resolution; he knew that would only push her further away. Instead, he nodded slowly, giving her the space she was asking for, yet not willing to let the moment slip away entirely. "Take all the time you need," he said, his voice steady but imbued with the sincerity of his feelings. "I'll be here when you're ready to talk, Asher."

There was a vulnerability in standing there, in waiting for her decision, that Theo had not often allowed himself to feel. Yet, as Asher contemplated his offer, he felt a cautious thread of hope. He watched her, his stance open, his eyes conveying a promise that he would not back away from whatever came next. This was a departure from the nonchalant front he often presented to the world, but with Asher, it seemed there was no other way to be. "I'll give you the space you need," he promised. "And when you're ready, I'll be here, ready to start on whatever path we choose. Together or apart, that decision will be respected."

~The End......For Now~

Important Information

Terms of Use