bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

CHB Art Club in session

Henrietta Abbot

Henrietta Abbot was covered in dust. Marble dust, that is. Strictly speaking, she shouldn't have been sculpting without proper ventilation. She never could resist the call of the Arts and Crafts Center, though -- it was a favourite place of the children of Athena. Sure, training was fun, but creating art? That was freedom, as much as you could have while staying within the camp boundaries. The bust she was carving was of nobody in particular, just a collection of the prettiest features she could think of. Generally she practised sculpting the Gods, preparing for her inevitable future as a sculptor to Olympus itself. Today, though, she was keeping it humble.

She was blowing dust away from the bridge of her creations' nose when she heard a noise behind her. Henry's head snapped around, scowling and ready to berate the intruder. "Gods, do you knock? You scared the shit out of me!"

@ Rebecca Jones

• Like 1

Becca was enjoying the summer time with classes and activities once again. The camp was again crowded with the summer term still ongoing. Being a year rounder made her a little bored with the lesser people around in the other seasons so she was glad that a lot have arrived and you can imagine how it was like to wait for a long time for people to come. She only had requests to leave for home sometimes but generally she stayed at camp. She also liked improving her skills so she was always at the archery , arena, the beach, or the arts centre. She was always holding a digital pad for sketching and colouring though she does it more often in her room now. Today she casually walked around and towards the art centre for a casual walk and to see some people’s art as well, for some good new inspiration.

She was walking my mindlessly as she was busy looking around seeing if she could find something new here to work on, while accidentally touching one of the demigods working on their art. It was a sculpture representing somewhat of a person, or maybe a god. She felt apologetic to the art and the person as she knew how it felt like to have their own art ruined. Luckily it hasn’t much. Glancing apologetically at the demigod who she recognised as someone from the Athena cabin, Henry, she waved a sorry at her. "Ooh I’m so sorry! Totally not my intention to…….. Well that looks nice….I like the curves of the bust….” She quickly diverted towards the artwork the girl had done, and she was really impressed by the Athena girl. Only few of the demigods at camp who knew how art was like so they were quite precious around here. She was thinking maybe she could help her a little, and well she could get to know more of her peers too. 

The girl that Henry had snapped at looked sweet, maybe slightly younger than her. Henry wasn't sure of her name, but she'd definitely seen her sitting at the Apollo table during meals. She was pretty, with the signature glow that Apollo children often had. Henry softened a little, immediately recognising the girl as a fellow artist. And it wasn't like she'd jostled her elbow or anything; the bust remained totally intact.

"Oh, thanks!" Henry replied, gesturing towards the bust with a tilt of her chin. "Yeah, just some... dream, I guess. What are you doing here?" The question was one informed by genuine curiosity, rather than accusation. Especially during training hours, the arts and crafts center tended to be more or less abandoned. The only people that really went in there were artists in their own right. 

• Like 1

Becca was glad and relieved that the girl seemed fine towards her push a moment ago. She also saw that the sculpture remained as it was so she was again relieved of it. She beamed at her always happy to see another fellow art enthusiast, begin to sit beside her. She nodded clearly amazed by how the girl was sculpting someone based on a dream. She knew most of them were able to prophecy certain events through dreams and well it interested her. "Thats so cool! I haven’t dreamed of something like that before………so this is one mystery person hmm…… Oh I’m just looking some new arts to work on, maybe something unique and fun. I’m only always drawing and colouring so learning something new sounds great…… I’m Rebecca or Becca by the way” And it was summer so that would be a fresh start for her. Usually it was the start of the year but she took summer as that since the campers were mostly here during the season.

Edited by Rebecca Jones
  • Like 1

Henry smiled a little as the girl sat beside her. She was an excitable little thing, endearing in a way Henry was usually able to resist. Something about Becca was instantly likeable. "Nice to meet you Becca. I'm Henry. You're a child of Apollo, yeah?" Henry sat back to admire the bust before leaning back in, carving the cheekbone to be slightly more apparent. "As for him..." Henry gestured towards her sculpture,  "it's probably nobody. Us artists just need a muse, right?"

"If you wanna learn to sculpt, I'd be happy to teach you. Clay or marble, I'm your girl." Henry blew the marble dust, scattering it into a shaft of light coming in from a window. It glittered a little in the sunlight. Sunlight that was dictated by Becca's dad himself. No wonder the Apollo kids were natural poets; beauty came easily to them. 

• Like 1

Becca was glad that she was more Apollo as their bright aura made them very approachable, much like the Iris probably. "Yeah that’s right!” There was certainly something intellectual about her….and somewhat having a certain stoic look, which made her recognisable out of the groups in classes or just anywhere else. But she didn’t know Henry that much yet. She grinned, viewing the bust as the girl seemed to be admiring it a lot. ”Feels like someone important to you if you keep looking it..or him.”

Becca was more than pleased to be learning from Henry, or any Athena demigods, they could come out really resourceful to be honest. "Ohh of course I would love to! Maybe clay today……so what are you going to do with this bust? Finish it?” She would love to start something new today, but also curious to see how the Athena girl would continue with her work. They were honestly good crafters.

Important Information

Terms of Use