bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Hearts in Combat

Samantha Adams

Samantha’s fingers tightened around the hilt of her wooden training sword as her knuckles turned white. Each strike against the training dummy came with a mix of frustration, sorrow and confusion. How had they gone from a heartfelt confession to an all-out brawl? Each thud of her sword echoed the painful memory of Evelyn's fists connecting with her, though she knew her rival had been under Ares’ influence. It wasn't Evelyn's fault but the memory, the pain, and the bruises were real.

A soft breeze blew across the arena rustling her hair and cooling her down. For a brief moment Samantha closed her eyes, letting the wind whisk away the tears threatening to form. "Why did it have to be at that moment?" she whispered to herself. There was so much they hadn’t said, so much still unsaid. But the pain of that night wasn't just physical. It was the emotional turmoil, the vulnerability of confessing her feelings only to be met with violence. Her heart was already on the line had now had retreated back behind a wall of self-doubt.

Determined to distract herself, she focused her energy on her training, hoping to tire herself out enough that her mind would quiet down. But every so often her eyes would drift towards the arena's entrance, half-hoping, half-dreading seeing Evelyn. "I just need time," Samantha murmured, taking another swing at the dummy, "Time to heal, time to understand, time to forgive." She wasn't sure who she was trying to convince – the dummy, or herself.

@ Evelyn Scott

• Like 1

Evelyn did not know what to do or say to make up for what happened that night at the bonfire. Her love finally told her that she liked her and then BAM Ares used his ability on them to tear each other apart. How could her mother love a monster like that? But this lead into a depression that had her in her room crying quite often. She wouldn't even wear makeup or try and look cute as she didn't see the purpose. How would Samantha ever get over what Evelyn did to her?  When she came to, all she remembers was falling to the ground crying as she thought she might have killed her love. Oh what a tragic ending to their story that would have been.......

Evelyn was sitting in her room, with one of her daddy's books off to the side. A tear was running down her face as she was just in a rut this whole summer. A call from her bedroom door opened to show Levi, he was checking in on her. Looking at him she couldn't help but start to cry again "Whattttt-what if she never wants to speak to me again?" Getting up she ran into his arms as she cried more. It was then when he told her to just go find out if she did or not. This sitting in her room was not helping, plus everyone in the cabin was very worried about her!

Nodding she put on shorts and her camp t-shirt. Sighing she walked out the door which felt scary, but the next hour she looked all over camp for Samantha when she got to the entrance of the arena. Seeing the beautiful figure of the woman she had crushed on for years was doing what she did best! Train.......Closing her eyes she looked down as she walked straight over to her. The anxiety in her building as she got closer and closer. Her hands were in front of her as she fidgeted with them. Pushing herself to do this and get it over with as Levi was right. Sitting in her room crying did not solve a thing. "ummmmmm Hey" her words were full of pain as her eyes were searching to see what might happen next!

• Like 1

Samantha's shoulders tensed as she heard that familiar voice she knew all too well. Slowly turning around her eyes met Evelyn's. She noted the dishevelment, the lack of the usual glimmering makeup, and most of all the pain in her eyes. Her own grey eyes shimmered with uncertainty. Samantha's chest tightened as she tried to find the right words, but they seemed to be caught in her throat. There was anger, yes, but there was also worry, confusion, and an underlying current of the affection she felt.

"Why now?" Samantha began, her voice shaking but trying to sound stern, "After weeks of silence. What do you expect me to say?" Her voice cracked betraying her emotional turmoil. She took a deep breath trying to calm her racing heart. The anger bubbled up again, but she managed to swallow it down. "Evelyn, I want to understand, but I need to know... do you even remember what you did? How it felt?" She gripped the hilt of her sword tighter as if trying to draw strength from it. Samantha's eyes, now moist looked into Evelyn's, searching for a hint of understanding. She didn't want to push Evelyn away but she needed answers and more importantly she needed to heal. The wounds on her body were healing, but the ones in her heart? She wasn't sure....

• Like 1

Evelyn didn't know she listened to Levi, part of her wanted to go from this place crying as she was just going to save herself the pain. It was evident in Samantha's eyes that she was still hurting and probably mad at her. Why did Ares have to come to camp in the first place, all he did was ruin everything they had found in the capture the flag game!!! Looking down at the ground she cleared her throat. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have come" the silence was something that was more painful than any words that could be said in that moment. 

But just as she started to turn that was when the pain began to poor out of Samantha "I" she started but didn't feel like the words could justify why. But the thoughts of that terrible night began to come back into her head. TRAUMA as most would call it. "Yes and I scream at night from the night terrors of it.....I scream for me to stop and to just run away but it happens over and over again." Her eyes were now looking up at Samantha "I can't sleep and I don't want to be awake as it is the consequence of my actions but really what control did I have." Her hands were in her hair as if she wanted to pull it out. Falling to the ground she began to cry out as if she was suffering the worst heartache. She was so sorry for what happened but she knew she couldn't go back in time and erase it all. "I am sorry Samantha, please end me now as I can't take the pain of what I caused you.......I love you and I hurt you so badly." 

• Like 1

Samantha stood as if entranced, hooked as the words spilled out of Evelyn. She wanted to be mad, to be angry and to shout. But the sheer weight of Evelyn's pain and despair broke down that wall. Samantha felt a rush of emotion at Evelyn's confession. She dropped her wooden sword, the dull thud echoing through the arena grounds. Stepping forward, her gaze never left Evelyn, her pain so raw in this moment. "Evelyn..." Samantha's voice trembled as she tried to fight to find just the right words to say to her former rival.

Reaching out to Evelyn, Samantha knelt down beside her. "Don't... don't ever ask me to end you," she whispered, her eyes searching Evelyn's. "I can't... I won't. Not know and not ever" Memories of their past shared times, Evelyn's pranks and secret smiles, her own recent growing affections, they all flashed before her eyes. "We were both under a spell, a curse. I'm hurt yes, but I refuse to lose you to the darkness this brought. We need to face this......together." She paused as she fought to collect her emotions. "I don't know how exactly, these sorts of things were never my strong suit, but I want to try. If...you'll try with me......" Samantha's voice carried the weight of the past several weeks - the pain, the confusion, the longing but above all, the will to connect with this amazingly infuriating girl...and possibly heal together.

• Like 1

Evelyn's tears flowed freely as Samantha's words reached her ears. She hadn't expected such a response, not after everything that had transpired. Her heart felt like it was breaking all over again, but this time, it was different. Samantha's words were a lifeline, a glimmer of hope in the darkness that had clouded her heart. She turned to face Samantha fully, her eyes locking onto Samantha's as she desperately tried to convey her gratitude, regret, and the flicker of newfound determination. "I don't deserve your forgiveness," Evelyn whispered, her voice trembling. "But I want to try, Samantha. I want to face this nightmare together with you." The weight of her confession hung heavily in the air, but it was a weight shared between them now. Slowly, she reached out to take Samantha's hand, her fingers interlocking with Samantha's, and she held on tight, as if clinging to the promise of a chance at redemption and healing. The thought of being with Samantha being there when she woke up scared, reassured her!

Samantha's presence beside her was like an anchor, grounding her in the midst of the storm inside her heart. Evelyn felt a surge of gratitude and a renewed sense of purpose. She wiped away her tears with the back of her hand, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "You're right, Samantha," she said, her voice steadier now. "We can face this together. I'll do whatever it takes to make things right, to heal and to help heal you. We'll find a way to overcome this darkness that's been haunting us." And as she looked into Samantha's eyes, she saw a glimmer of hope reflected back at her, a spark of the connection they had shared once upon a time, rekindling amidst the ruins of their past. The nightmares were bad but if they could hold each other, would they go away? She had never had this level of trauma in her life before. 

• Like 1

Samantha felt like a weight was lifting was her shoulders for the first time in awhile. It felt like they were both healing from the pain together as they sat there locked in the intensity of the moment. She squeezed Evelyn's hand in return, a silent acknowledgment of the commitment they were making to one another. Her voice was a whisper, "We both suffered that night. And while the memory is painful we don't have to be dominated by it."

Samantha looked into Evelyn's eyes, "The nightmares... they might not disappear immediately. Healing is a journey as they say. But you're not alone anymore, and...well....neither am I. Maybe, just maybe, with time and together, we can move past it all." Samantha shifted closer as her free hand now moving to wipe away the tears that were still wet on Evelyn's cheeks. The gesture was meant to be comforting, a sign of her desire to be there for the girl she had against all odds, grown to care for and.....love? It was all still so new, and Samantha realized in that moment how little time either of them had to properly discuss their emotions. That word though, it scared her as romantic love was an entirely unknown field for her! Coming to terms with the fact that she was attracted to women was difficult enough, let alone attracted to the girl who had been her fiercest rival! "Ummm.....so.....what now?" she asked Evelyn, a faint smile on her face as she looked into the eyes of the bronzed skinned daughter of Aphrodite.

• Like 1

Samantha's touch and words were like a balm to her wounded soul, a promise of a better future that they could build together. She looked at Samantha with a small smile, her fingers still intertwined with Samantha's. "Now, we take it one step at a time," she replied, her voice soft but firm. "Just promise me one thing...t-t-that you will forgive me if I struggle" her words felt weighty as the girl feared that maybe Samantha would not realize the weight of the things she struggled with. That if they spent the night together that the night terrors would be too much. Evelyn could walk this road alone....or could she?

There was something more here, something beyond the trauma and the rivalry. But for now, she wanted to focus on their healing journey. "We'll talk about what happened that night, Samantha. We'll share our thoughts, our feelings, and let the darkness out into the open.... I-I-IIt won't be easy, but it's the only way we can truly heal." The only reason she even knew all this was that she had been spending time reading books on trauma after what happened. It had been too much for her to handle. Evelyn had gotten someone to grab it for her while in New York. Evelyn took a moment to gather her thoughts, looking deep into Samantha's eyes. "And... as for us... there's something there, isn't there? I don't know what to call it, but I do know that I want to explore it, to understand it better." Evelyn had been dying to say this to Samantha since they kissed in Capture the Flag. But what if her feelings had changed? Closing her eyes a tear fell down her cheek as she took a deep breath.

• Like 1

With Evelyn's fingers entwined in hers, Samantha felt an unexpected warmth rush through her, chasing away some of the chill from the dark memories that haunted her nights. "It won't be easy, but nothing worth having ever is right?" Suddenly she couldn't help but feel an unusual mischievous spark light up inside her. 'Man, this girl really is having an effect on me'  Casting a teasing glance she bit her lower lip, a playful smirk forming. "You know, Evelyn," she started in a teasing tone, "as much as we could drown ourselves in serious talk and sorrows, sometimes it's best to shake things up." She allowed her fingers to lightly dance up Evelyn's forearm, making sure her touch stayed just long enough to get a reaction from the Aphrodite camper.

Giggling softly Samantha leaned in, whispering so close that her breath tickled Evelyn's ear, "How about we take a break from the heavy stuff? Before Ares, before the bonfire, during capture the flag you did say you had a thing or two you could teach me. Whatever could that be?" She winked playfully, hoping that maybe by bringing some lightheartedness into their conversation it might help Evelyn feel a little bit better, maybe even bring a smile back to Evelyn's face. She took a quick glance around the arena, silently thanking Athena that it appeared to be empty for the moment. 

• Like 1

Evelyn couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at Samantha's teasing words. It was like a breath of fresh air amid the heavy emotions that had weighed them down. Samantha's playful touch sent a shiver down her spine, and for a moment, it felt like they were just two girls, sharing a secret, rather than the burdened souls they had become. Her eyes met Samantha's with a mixture of amusement and gratitude. "You have a point," she said with a mischievous glint in her eyes, "maybe a little break from the heavy stuff is just what we need." Was this really happening or was she dreaming? Was Samantha really being playful with her and maybe just maybe the two of them would heal from this mess of a situation!  Leaning in slightly, Evelyn whispered back, "Well, there's this secret technique I've been holding onto, but it's only for special sort of people...you know like ones you have deep feelings for." She winked in return, her heart feeling a little lighter at Samantha's playful approach. As she looked around the deserted arena, she couldn't help but smile. Maybe, just maybe, amidst the pain and darkness, they could find moments of laughter and connection. It was a small spark of hope, but it was enough to keep her moving forward on this uncertain journey of healing and discovery. That was when she began to tickle the girl she had desperately been in love with for such a long time. Giggling herself she found herself on top of Samantha as her face was inches from Samantha's.

• Like 1

Samantha could feel her heart race in these last few moments as Evelyn fell on top of her on the arena floor, grateful there was no one else here. 'This is new,' she thought, 'me, taking the playful initiative. And with Evelyn, no less.' The tantalizing closeness between them, only inches that felt like such a strong magnetic pull, stirred something inside her. Realization of the past, for a moment, she was brought back to their history, to the pranks and the rivalry that had once defined their relationship. Evelyn had always been good at stirring the pot, and in the past, Samantha had mostly been the unsuspecting victim. Yet now, her feelings were more complicated; layers of rivalry had slowly been covered with ones of respect and understanding, and something more tender still. "You know," Samantha said, her voice tinged with amusement, "if someone had told me a year ago that I'd be here, like this with you—my most mischievous rival—I'd have thought they were hit with a concussion or a spell."

An emotion she could neither fully understand nor wanted to wish away. It was a blend of past rivalry and present feelings. "Considering all those pranks you pulled on me back in the day, I have to admit, I'm both curious and slightly wary of what this 'secret technique' might entail," Samantha teased, her eyes alight with a playful curiosity she never thought she'd direct toward Evelyn. Her thumb still played gently over Evelyn's hand, it felt like it helped ground her in the strange but welcoming reality. "Is it another trick up your sleeve, or something genuinely special?" she asked. "Because......I wouldn't mind you showing me...."

• Like 1

To evelyn this was nothing more than her love for the woman she fell on top of. Thought of this happening were merely a dream to her in the past. Sadly in the summer it felt as if that dream was never going to happen. But the beautiful sandy blonde below her was just perfect to her. Evelyn laughing as she tried to tickle Samantha when she heard her speak. Stopping she smirked "Yeah I always thought you would hate me honestly" she said as she held herself up over Samantha. Laying there with her curves looking like clurvaish woman. Evelyn laid there just staring at her as she spoke more. Taking in the way Samantha wet her lips as she spoke or even the way her hair moved. Then trying not to laugh too hard when she said this secret technique. "I think only you were the one that didn't realize I had a thing for you" her smirk only growing more and more. Feeling Samantha fingers brushing over her thumb. Putting one of her hands on Samantha's face she moved in closer as her own breath was being taken away as this was really happening. "I don't think this is a trick of mine, as my heart is beating too fast and telling me things about how beautiful you are for this to be an evil trick......your eyes, have I ever told you how beautiful they are" with that she leaned in as her lips were pressed against Samantha. A dream come true!

• Like 1

As Evelyn's lips met hers, Samantha felt a remarkable heat overwhelm her that completely eclipsed the chill of the arena floor beneath her. This was a sensation she'd often dreamed of, but had never quite experienced – her heart racing, skin tingling from Evelyn's touch, all her senses heightened. 'This is real. This is happening,' she had to remind herself as her reality blurred into a dream-like state. Her inexperience was momentarily forgotten as she responded to Evelyn's advance, kissing her back passionately. Succumbing to an instinct, she wasn't aware she possessed, her hands shyly roamed over Evelyn's back, each touch adding fuel to the growing flame within her. Eventually, her hands came to rest at Evelyn's ass, squeezing it playfully. In a moment of amusement, she broke away from the kiss, her eyes filled with a playful glint. "So, this is the 'secret technique' you were talking about?" Samantha raised an eyebrow inquisitively, sending an implicit challenge to her partner. There was a newfound confidence in the glimmers of her smile, a transformative fire sparked by Evelyn's affections. For the first time, Samantha found herself at ease with the mixture of sentiments Evelyn stirred within her, a harmony of exhilaration, passion, and a profound fondness for the darker skinned beauty on top of her.

Evelyn's confession about her feelings came as a startling revelation to Samantha. She couldn't help but laugh lightly, the sound echoing around them in the deserted arena. It was an honest laugh, tinged with a slight touch of regret. "All this time, how could I miss it..." she murmured, her gaze meeting Evelyn's with softened eyes. She studied Evelyn's face, tracing features with an intimate proximity. As Evelyn talked about her eyes, she couldn't help but feel her cheeks warm up, a shy blush spreading across her face. "Well you certainly know how to flatter me," she confessed, still hesitant but more open to the idea of being together. She let herself melt into Evelyn's gaze, the tormenting past seemed to fade away. "I.....I think I want to feel that again....." Samantha whispered vulnerably, leaning into Evelyn and returning her passionate kiss. 

Important Information

Terms of Use