bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Origin story/ Half sisters forge a new bond/ Forever best friends

Henrietta Abbot

Henry had been claimed: she was a daughter of Athena. It was exhilarating, but it felt like a lot of pressure too. Could she really live up to that name? I mean, goddess of wisdom, really? She was ADHD and dyslexic... she didn't feel too wise most of the time. It was a couple of weeks since she first arrived at Camp Half-Blood, and the black eye she got from that cyclops attack had faded into an imperceptible smudge. Part of her wondered if Athena had waited until she was more presentable to claim her as a daughter... 

Henry was pretty happy to be moving out of the cramped Hermes cabin, but not so happy that she had to carry all of her stuff by herself. She had her electric guitar, amp, clothes, and everything! She was none too pleased about the camp shirt either. She was trying to be punk! What's less punk than a 13-year-old girl in a bright orange summer camp uniform? The room she was moving into was bigger and brighter than she was used to back home. Maybe she could get used to this demigod stuff after all. As she was neatly putting away her clothes -- start as you mean to go on or whatever -- she heard a bright voice coming from behind her. Cursing fouly out of surprise, Henry spun around. Damn, was she gonna get in trouble for swearing here?

@ Sage Roberts

• Haha 1

Being a teenager was a lot in life, the drama and angst! So when life changes from the life you always know to one where you are told you are a demi-god, one of your parents is a god or goddess. That you will need to go to camp to train and live as outside the world is not safe. Monster lurking around every corner to try and eat you as a snack was WELL....not so much fun! Sage had been claimed by Athena just the week before when another girl around her age named Henrietta butttttt she didn't like that name so everyone called her Henry, was claimed by Athena right after her. Was it weird that their mother just had brain children left and right???? Well she thought it was alright. 

Pulling out her binoculars, she watched the girl walk from the Hermes Cabin to the Athena one. She was different, but that wasn't a bad thing......it just meant that Sage had to get to know her and her unique style. Just when she thought she saw the girl look her way she dropped below the window as she waited for her to come in and be assigned a room. That was when she pushed herself to creep out of her room to the cracked door. "Pstttttt hey you" her eyes were excited with a crazed look. "Do you play that guitar or is it for looks?" 

• Haha 1

The girl in Henry's doorway was pretty: grey-eyed and blonde. Naturally blonde, unlike Henry's platinum hair and dark roots. This girl couldn't have been much older than Henry herself, but she carried herself much differently; Henry had seen her amongst the other Athena kids when she got claimed, scribbling something in a notebook... She was weird. Henry liked her already. Crossing her arms, slightly affronted by the suggestion her guitar was a purely aesthetic choice, she raised an eyebrow. "I play," she replied. It was true -- she never said she played well.

"I'm Henry. Who are you?" The question might've sounded a bit rude, but she wasn't used to people approaching her. Especially not with kindness. All her experiences with kids her age had been... let's say hostile. It was weird to think she and this strange girl were half-sisters -- a few weeks ago, they didn't even know one another existed. "No, don't tell me. You're that stalker girl, right? You're new here too," Henry had heard most of the camp gossip from Tempest, an older girl who had approached her on her first day. This was Sage Roberts, the girl with the notebooks and the camera. A bizarre reputation to have, sure, but definitely an intriguing one. "You scoping me out for a shrine or something?" she teased.

• Like 1

Being the new girl in the cabin kind of sucked as that meant so many of the others would make her do their chores. But now there was this girl so maybe they could team up or would she be one of those girls who slacked and didn't do any chores? Sage smirked, her eyes lighting up with amusement as Henry responded. "Well the names Sage Robert and yes I am new too. I got claimed just a month ago" she said with a mischievous grin. "And as for the stalker thing, let's just say I prefer to think of myself as an observer of interesting phenomena. No shrines, I promise." Her hands were behind her back as she fidgeted them and that was when she stared at the guitar wondering if Henry would ever let her play the thing!!!! She leaned against the doorframe, sizing up Henry with an assessing gaze. "So, you play? but do you write songs too?" Sage's enthusiasm was infectious, and she couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement about the newfound connection with her half-sister. This was a strange and magical world they had entered, and having someone like Henry by her side might just make the journey a little less daunting.

• Like 1

It was beyond strange to discover how many people had grown up just as Henry had -- one absent parent, feeling like a complete outcast their whole lives. Followed by chaos and constantly labelled a troubled kid. Henry couldn't help but wonder what Sage's story was, and how closely it might resemble her own. They were technically related and never even suspected the other existed, how strange was that? Her whole life had turned upside down over just a few weeks! "That makes me 'interesting phenomena' then? Hey, I'll take it."

Henry couldn't help but blush as Sage asked if she wrote songs. Secretly she did, but nobody had ever (or would ever!) hear them. They weren't love songs or anything (yuck), but they were definitely personal. "Nah, I'm not a writer," Henry lied. She had a reputation to protect, after all, to ensure nobody messed with her here. If Sage wrote down that she was a sensitive songwriter and it got into the wrong hands? No thank you! "So you must know everything that goes on around here, huh? Who should I look out for? Y'know, the ones who spell trouble?"

• Haha 1

Sage couldn't help but chuckle at Henry's response. "Well, I'd say you're the most interesting phenomenon around here at the moment, who know about if it will be tomorrow" she replied with a playful wink. She sensed there was more to Henry's story than met the eye, just as there was to her own. Henry asked about who to watch out for at camp, Sage's expression grew a bit more serious. "Well, Henry, you should definitely keep an eye out for the Ares campers, especially the brothers Dustin, Benji and Liam...they are T-R-O-U-B-L-E" she warned. Even after a month she knew that cabin was one she did not want much to do with. Maybe it was the fact that they seemed angry all the time or was it how rough they were? "They tend to be a rowdy bunch and can sometimes stir up trouble. And those Aphrodite kids, they might seem all charming and beautiful, but they can be a bit... well, let's just say drama follows them around. Other than that, most campers are pretty cool once you get to know them." Sage hoped her advice would help Henry navigate the complexities of camp life a little better.  Sage mind went to Levi or even Evelyn who seemed to have it out for their half sister Samantha!

Important Information

Terms of Use