bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Treating is Healing

Rebecca Jones

Becca had been enjoying her year at camp so far, being an all year rounder makes her getting used to the camp all the time. She didn’t want to only stay during the summer as she liked being here, among the demigods and her siblings. She was quite open to having so many siblings and they could share a lot in common. And being here meant that they could utilise their abilities, and singing and healing were easy here. She could do that all the time. She would be helping out at the healers centre whenever she wasn’t at classes or the arts centre, as it was also one of her talents. She could sing to heal , or do the manual way. Either way she was getting good at it each day. Patients were not many during the Fall period as most would be back home already, leftovers were those who were the al year rounder. Anyways, she still likes to hang around here and help out the needy, if not she could just learn from her seniors too. She stood watching another senior healer performing treatment on one of the patients, silently noting the procedures in her mind, awaiting for her turn to bandage the patient. 

@ Winnie Sullivan

• Like 1

Winnie had never explored her potential as a healer. As a kid, she'd been vaguely aware that she was quick to recover from injuries and sickness. Her mum had always attributed it to an excellent immune system. She was still wrapping her head around the fact that it had been a demigod ability the whole time! Keen to explore this power a bit more, Winnie made her way to the first aid area. Because it was the off-season at camp, there weren't too many people that needed treatment... mostly just training accidents are one or two fights. CHB was always full of drama, no doubt some punches had been thrown over a girl or something! 

Winnie's eyes sparkled when she saw her little sister. Rebecca may have been younger, but she was a very talented healer. "Becca! How lucky to see you," Winnie's voice was dreamy and soft as usual. "I was hoping you'd be here. I'm trying to get the knack of healing. Any chance your wisdom is for sale?" She held a single golden drachmae out in her palm. It wasn't much, but they were handy to keep around for contacting family and friends. Winnie knew that Becca was close with her mortal adopted brothers, so she figured the deal she was offering was a good one!

• Like 1

Becca was in the mood of healing today. She was watching the senior doing the work until she got her hands on for the final bandaging. She got to use her musical abilities again and there the wrapping went around the injury. She had also liked to see whether other treatments worked like bone injury. Certain seriousness should require more practice and she was certain she could make it in a longer period of time. Becca turned as she heard a familiar voice from her siblings. Smiling she nodded at Winnie her older sister.  She asked for her help in healing, handing a drachmae in the palm which she recognised to be a golden for messaging purposes. That she had not have much collection of, which attracted her. But for Becca , she’d do anything for her siblings, for free to be honest. "Well that’s not necessary to be honest, but I really do need that haha, thanks Winnie. Of course I would help….. So which part do you need help with? I’m good with healing by singing the most. “ Becca received the drachmae happily, she couldn’t reject such great offer, or any gifts. Their brightness made them quite accepting to others.

• Like 1

Looking around the room, Winnie tried to take inventory of all the campers and what injuries they seemed to have. Nothing too severe, so that seemed like a decent place to start. "I've never healed before... not on purpose anyway," she said softly, looking at her little sister with something like awe. She was so young, but so in touch with her powers already! Winnie found Becca inspiring in that way: she used her magic for good. "Maybe you could teach me the basics?" 

She walked over to a sleeping camper who had his arm in a sling. "Can you demonstrate your powers on him?" Winnie asked quietly, careful not to wake him. She was hoping to pick up some tips by watching an expert like Becca at work!

• Like 1

Becca smiled, seeing how her sister was interested in learning healing that much. Not many of the Apollo kids knew healing and she was amazed by how she had this gift, apart from art and music. It was also true that she liked her music healing the most, as it was rare and unique. She felt like being close to her father as well whenever she sang especially hymns. "Of course! We can start with our father’s hymns or songs that you might’ve heard of, I usually sing them and carry on with the healing. Well healing is not hard but it will take after that, at least for up to my ability .” She smiled, recalling how she had begun this talent of hers, healing her classmate at school back then. Then Winnie walked towards one of the sleeping patients who had a sling on his arm, asking for a demonstration. That was a good start, as she began to think how she wanted to heal him in his sleep. What could be helpful to him at his condition at the moment? Perhaps….."Sure….let’s see….” She started humming beside the patient, humming to the voices of their father’s old hymns, as she eyed towards the sling , feeling the pain in his arm and slowly gaining some easing touch towards his arm, letting him sleep with a peaceful mind without worrying of his injured arm.