bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Time to teach this kid soccer!

Krystal Rose

Krystal had also had a passion for soccer and fencing growing up. Since coming to camp, she has learned about so many other sports that she has gotten to enjoy. Krystal had so much on her plate between everything that happened with Dustin and her sister McKayla, it had been a rollercoaster of a year for sure and had hardly any time for something fun and relaxing. Being cabin leader for her cabin only made things even hard, but it also helped her keep track of her brothers and sisters better. One of her brother's, Axel was particularly the brother in question that she was kind of worried about. She's noticed that he mainly has kept to himself and is always at the armory but never really playing any type of sport and hanging out with his peers. Wanting to try to get him out and more active, she decided she was going to help Axel. 

Heading over to the armory, where she knew she would find him, she smiled walking up to him. "Hey Axel, how are you doing today?" she questioned him with a light airy and friendly voice. 

@ Axel Gauthier

Another fine morning here at Camp Half-blood. Not that the place had any other sort of mornings. The enchanted barrier around the camp kept out most of the negatives of the outside world - rain included. So, as with every day, it was a perfect day for some early combat practice. And Axel Gauthier was nothing if not a creature of habit. He stood at the back wall of the armory shed, his small frame casting a shadow over part of the sword rack. The shadow shifted as he paced back and forth. He examined each blade carefully, noting the subtle differences in the bronze. He'd tried out every one at least once in his year-long tenure here. That made his decision so much easier. A few he dismissed out of hand. That one's weight is off. This one has a weird bump in the grip. That one's shorter than it ought to be. Ugh...

One of these days he intended to ask one of the Hephaestus kids to make him a weapon of his own, something custom and well-balanced. Though that would require quite a bit more courage than the boy had at the moment. Little Axel would go toe-to-toe with any other camper without a second thought. But to ask for a favor? That was a far more terrifying prospect. Just as he'd finally settled on a weapon of choice, a voice broke the silence from behind him.

"Hey Axel, how are you doing today?"

The boy froze. The last time he'd heard that voice in this room, he'd nearly jumped out of his skin. But he'd been training intently since then. Only his mind reacted in panic. The cabin leader? What was she doing here? Last time she'd tacked him down here, he'd been about to get himself into a heap of trouble. "O-oh!" he stammered, turning to face her. "Mornin' ma'am. I ain't up to trouble this time, promise!"

Krystal gave a light airy smile and giggled at the boy's reaction. It was just last year that she caught him in here looking for a weapon to go hunt a monster. "No need to be so formal, I am your big sister after all, not just your cabin leader" she says matter-of-factly. Krystal did like to be the cabin leader, but sometimes she wished her siblings wouldn't treat her as if she was this scary authority figure. Gesturing for Axel to come out of the armory, she stepped to the side and smiled. "Krystal is just fine, I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong. I came looking for you to take you out to the soccer field" she grinned from ear to ear, soccer was one of her favorite sports, aside from fencing. "I think it would be good for you to try something new" said in a very excited voice. One personality trait that she felt helped her be a good cabin leader was she was a very kind person and was outgoing. 

She always tried to interact with all her siblings, but Axel somehow would always slip away from her. Most of their interactions were mainly 'hi, bye' in passing. Krystal was determined to change this, so what better way than to teach him about soccer. 

As the boy seemed to be hesitant, she sighted lightly "How about this, you think about it for a moment, I will go get the soccer ball and meet you at the soccer field" smiling she walked out. Grabbing a ball from the shed with all the sport supplies in it, she also grabbed some cones to practice with. Once she was at the field, she set up the cones and started to wave in and out of them, controlling the ball with ease, she had made this sport look like a piece of cake. As she practiced and horsed around herself with the soccer ball, she looked up periodically hoping that Axel would show.

"Y-yes ma'am. I mean... Krystal." Axel shifted awkwardly from one foot to another. He was never really sure how to deal with adults. He knew that he tended to talk too fast or say the wrong things. Back home it had gotten him into quite a bit of trouble. Having been caught by Krystal once before, his instinct had been to go extra polite. It took a moment for his mind to course correct. "The soccer field? Was there a tournament today or something? I - ah - I forgot if there was. Sorry ma'a - a - Krystal." Honestly, the possibility caught him by surprise. He was always up for a competition, even if it was in a sport with which he had no experience. It wasn't like him to forget about an event like that.

As he moved to place his chosen weapon back on the shelf, he failed to notice the cabin leader exit the room. "I ain't much good at soccer, to be honest. Well, I don't think I am anyway. Haven't done it before actually. But I can come if you want." His eyes fell back to the wall of swords. He was hesitant to abandon his normal morning routine, but if his cabin needed him then well... he supposed there was no helping it. He'd just have to get some evening sparring in later. "Who're we playing? Another cabin? Is MK coming? I bet she's good at soccer. She's good at everything."

He turned back around, only to find that Krystal had already left!  Guess I'm ranting to myself again. Whoops! "Better catch up, " he told himself. Axel grabbed a pair of cleats from the stash and headed out. He sprinted to the field, expecting to see his cabin mates and opponents preparing to play. But oddly it was only Krystal there when he arrived. Was it... not a tournament after all? Then why come and get him, if not the need for extra bodies on the field?

The question left his mind as he watched the cabin leader play. The ball followed her footwork like a choreographed dance. And she danced with it, pulling off kicks and tricks as though it were as easy as breathing. There was passion in the way she played. It was a bit like... well, like Axel felt with a sword in his hand. "Whoa!" he exclaimed. "You're real good at that Miss Krystal!" 

Important Information

Terms of Use