bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

In the midst of chaos...

Su Mei Lin

ad5cb8d7c45f86ef53acd2b3e52b7a56.png

The daughter of Ares was away for Lunar New Year in San Francisco where she spent the time reuniting with her friends and family. It was also her birthday as well so she took pride in the idea that she was born in the eve of the cultural holidays. She enjoyed a feast, outings with her friends, visits to the night market, and even squeezed a trip to Los Angeles. The schedule was a bit hectic, but she reserved a chunk of time to rest up and do things in her own pace. She enjoyed feeling at home, despite being in the demigods' camp for several years now but she did make sure to visit during other holidays as well. This time, she decided to do something different and invited a select few of her demigod friends along so they can experience her culture and have fun.

She finally returned, her dignified figure visible from the top of Half-Blood Hill. She waved at Peleus on the way to the Big House, where she was going to check in with a Cabin Leader and inform them of her return. She was the last one among her friends to return from their holiday excursion, wanting to spend a bit more time with her family. A hand was gripping the handle of her suitcase as she strolled through the grassy fields. Eyes glancing over to the campers in their usual orange tee, or others that decided not to conform. The dress code wasn't clear so it was left to anyone's choice whether or not they want to don the brand. The suitcase was lifted as her foot went up to the stairs of the porch and the young lass found herself inside the administration building.

She was more curious on the first one who could greet her, whether or not they are aware of her being away.

Hello?

She spoke in Mandarin, then English. "Hello? Anyone here?" @ Dawn De La Vega

Edited by Su Mei Lin
  • Like 1

"For the last time, I'm gonna strangle you if you're gonna act like that!" the child of Demeter said sternly to the potted plant in her hands, a small rose that she had grown. Plants didn't talk, of course, but she liked to pretend they did. Her siblings got tired of her antics and conversations with the flower, as she was trying to sketch it, but she kept amusing herself with pretending that it talked. Well, she could feel it wasn't happy with her coddling and poking at its leaves. She took her little "freak show" (well, that's what one of her other siblings snapped at her,) to the big house to sketch by the light of the late afternoon. 

But as she heard someone come in, she hopped off the chair and tripped, shooting a glare at the plant's amusement with her slip, and ran over to greet the person. "Hi there!" she said cheerfully, sweeping her hair back to tame it, "The name's Dawn! What's your name? You must be coming back from outside camp with that big luggage, huh?" she was excitedly clapping and bouncing at the sight of a possible new friend. Of course, if this girl could handle her.

Edited by Dawn De La Vega
  • Like 1

Mei Lin was donning stripped sweater with a tint of red, tucked into a pair of jeans with small holes where her knees are at. Her hair was tied up into a pony tail, bangs swept to the side for that casual and cute look. On her feet are a pair of white sneakers, clean and fresh. She bought a new pair while she was away, but there is a subtle tint of dirt upon closer inspection from arriving at camp. She didn't expect to hear a thud and it certainly came from a person running to greet her. Looks like someone's excited and it made her happy. She's always open to forming new connections. "Hey, Dawn! I'm Mei Lin or Mei if you want." She shot a glance over to her suitcase before giving her an eager nod. "I did yes! I was away for the holidays but I'm here to check in with a cabin leader to let them know I'm back."

"How have you been if I may ask? How was camp? Anything new that I might have missed? I hope my half-siblings didn't start any fights or hurt anyone. I like their fighting spirit, but I don't condone taking it out on someone they can bully," she paused to clarify even though she may not needed it, "I sleep in the Ares cabin, but sometimes I feel like I'm the most tame aside from Dustin." She was bombarding her with questions, but now that she asked them, she grew curious to know her and whatever could possibly happen when she was gone.

"Come, come, sit, no one's around right now, some of them are out and doing weird leader things- ew, I know," she fiddled with her colorful fingerless gloves, which were colored in different hues of purple, orange, and black, like Halloween. She pulled up a chair for Mei Lin, her new friend, and listened to her questions. "The Ares cabin is the Ares cabin, alright. They've always been working hard at their combat...keeps some of the camp up at night," she chuckled, going back to sketching, adjusting the pot's angle so she could see the flower better. Well, you did miss a big event at volleyball...a scuffle broke out and someone got decked in the face. That was really fun to watch! It did result in Mr. D coming down to interfere...which wasn't so fun...but nonetheless," she looked up, "No one's really been hurt, and Ares cabin has been fine. And so have I!"

She swung her legs back and forth cheerfully, humming as she sketched the flower. It starting wilting a bit, and she coaxed it to grow some more. She didn't want to have an inaccurate drawing after all! "Oh hey, I meant to ask, Mei Lin," Dawn's gazed shifted up once more, "Where did you go, if you don't mind me asking?"

--

(yet again messed up *sigh*)

She hadn't expected that the cabin leaders are out and about so she supposed she could put the notice in the back burner. For some reason, she took a liking to Dawn but but she was also making her she was finding the right words to say. She couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle in her distaste for responsibility, but even there are times when she liked having some form of obligation. It keeps her busy but most importantly, it makes her feel important. One of the first things that caught her eye was her fingerless gloves. Those colors... are an odd combination. She sat comfortably in her chair while her suitcase rolled to the side. It sounds like they held a volleyball game, one of the few sports she was competitive in.

But she was more concerned about sort of fight that broke out and it caused even the Camp Director to interfere and drop the game. It was a relief to know that no one was fatally injured. Otherwise, she might even go out of her way to scold the person that caused it. In the meantime, since Dawn is here to tell the tale, she could confidently assume she is alright as well. "That is good to know. I'm glad you guys had fun either way. I'm not terribly good at volleyball..." She attempted to humble herself in a comment. "But I can do a spike or two."

Mei observed her power in action and the flower suddenly rejuvenated. The magic of Demeter children, she thinks, is quite beautiful. It also seems like she's attempting to draw that flower after shooting a glance at her sketchbook from the side. "I went back home. To San Francisco. It was Lunar New Year so I celebrated it with my family and friends. We ate street food, played games, and enjoyed a fireworks display. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Edited by Su Mei Lin

Important Information

Terms of Use