bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Creative minds think a like

Julia Dutkiewicz

Once she was settled into her cabin, Julia was super excited to go check out the art center that Kenna putting out to her on her first day at camp. Julia loved to draw and paint, and today was a great day to go hang out with in the art center. She found some of her old jeans and shirt, so that she didn't have to worry about getting them dirty with paint, and headed out. 

Julia really hoped that maybe some other campers would be there that she could meet. She loved to meet knew people and being in an all new environment, made her want to meet as many campers as possible, specially so she could learn more about the other Gods and Goddess. 

When she got to the center, she looked around when a girl with beautiful long red hair caught her attention. "Hi!" she says walking up to the girl, she wasn't sure how old she was, but she looked like she was probably older than her, which didn't bother her. Julia sat down in the chair directly across form her "What are you drawing?" she questioned her curiously.

@ Abigail Asteria Anderson

• Like 1

Abigail had this idea in her head that she could not get out, it was from one of the dead people she had talked to once. As she was sitting in her room as she began to wonder if she had anything to draw with. Looking around she found nothing which made her sad so she went to Akemi's room just to kind it locked. Trying to open it with her magic....it didn't seem to work. "DRATS" she said as she then had the best idea ever. What if she went to the arts and crafts area, they would have stuff there. Happy once again she skipped off to the pavillion as she sat down after grabbing paper and a bunch of crayons. 

That was when she set to work to put this beautiful piece of work of the image in her head. Of a bunch of kids that were dead doing ring around the possy ...pocket full of possies. Giggling she began to make all the children look happy but with a black crayon to show they were all dead. Even their clothes were black. With little black views over her eyes too. PERFECT she thought. That was when she heard someone say hi to her. Looking up shocked she had the biggest grin on her face "HELLO THERE" then going back to drawing more detail. "Well I was talking to these child you see...well you dont see" she giggled " ....well dead children and they told me of something they did once and the thought wouldn't get out of my head so I thought I would draw it you see." Pulling up the paper she showed her masterpiece to the young girl. 

Julia's eyes went wide, "DEAD kids!?" she emphasized the word, she had no idea there was people here that could talk to dead people. It kind of scared her but it also piqued her interest as well. Tilting her head she gazed at the picture, staring probably longer than she should have. Peering around the paper, she smiled brightly at the girl holding it. "Thats really cool, but it needs more color!" she said enthusiastically. 

Julia grabbed some paper that was scattered around on the table, then picked up a red crayon "mind if we share?" she asks waving the crayon in the girls direction. "I'm Julia by the way, what's your name? How long have you been talking to dead people?" she couldn't keep her curiosity to herself, she had so many other questions she wanted to ask. "My favorite is to paint, but drawing can be fun too" she comments as she starts to draw a red flower on her piece of paper.

• Like 1

It wasn't often that she had people come over to talk to her so it was funny when she got to see the girls reaction. "YES they are my favorite....I mean dead people not just the dead children" a giggle popped out again as she covered her mouth with her hand. Most knew in the camp that she indeed has this ability but then again not everyone knew her so. "COLOR?" she said in her tone of shock. But the dead were never in color as they had left the world of life and went to a place of darkness. 

Before she knew it the girl had taken her paper "Wait....oh no" she said as she watched it go from in front of her to the other girl. Was she going to really add color to her picture??? "I guess no" were the words that came out of her mouth but she was still in shock that she let it happen. Not too many had been bold enough around her to do such a thing so her eyes went to the paper as the girl stopped to talk "Ummmm my name" she said thinking. but drawing a blank. "Ohhhh my name" then giggling as it came back to her as if a dead person had whispered it to her "I am Abigail and well this is my eight year at camp....I think." But then the next thing was a bit harder to remember so she put a finger to her lip as she thought "Well since I was a kid I think. I would play with the dead kids as no living one wanted to play." There was no sadness in her voice as she had a wonderful time with the dead kids. 

Her eyes went to the paper as she saw the red flower. "Painting is fun too but I was in the mood for drawing...another thing is to making bracelets.......Akemi and I made one last year and I never take it off......seeeeee its on my ankle" she then was pulling her leg up to show her it on her ankle. 

Julia couldn't help but giggle a little as the girl seem to forget her own name. As she finished the red flower, she grabbed a blue crayon and started to draw some blue clouds, giving color to the picture "just because they are dead, doesn't mean they can't have some color around them" she states matter of fact, smiling in Abigail's direction. Wow eight years at this camp, Julia thought to herself. "I just got here a couple months ago, but I am liking it so far, getting to meet all kinds of new friends" she states as she looks back down at the paper, listening to Abigail talk about how living children didn't want to play with her, which made Julia a little sad, glancing back up at Abigail though she could hear and see the happiness on her face. "Well, I'm sorry no one wanted to play with you, well that was living anyways. I guess it would be neat to play with the dead...I guess....but we could be friends, I would play with you" she says with a huge grin on her face, as she reaches over for a yellow crayon to draw a sun. 

Abigail, shares that her and another girl, made bracelets and then all of a sudden put her foot up on the table, making Julia jerk her head up to see the bracelet around her ankle. "Oh wow that's pretty!" she said as she admired the bracelet for a moment. Julia wished she had someone to make something like that with, maybe one day she could get one of the girls she meet her first couple days at camp to make bracelets with her. 

After she drew the sun, she lifted up the paper and smiled brightly "There, much better" she says as she shows Abigail, hoping she will like the color she added into the picture. "Now they can be happy dead children" she says giggling a little.

• Like 1

Abigail looked over at Julia’s paper and saw that she had drawn a beautiful red flower on it. “Wow, you’re really good at drawing,” Abigail said, impressed. For a girl her age she sure knew how to color well. If she didn't know better, she would thought she was an Iris camper.  “I wish I could draw like that. But I prefer to talk to dead people, and they tell me what to draw.” Thinking of the children she played with the other day. They gave her all sorts of idea of things to draw. She picked up a green crayon and started drawing a tree, adding leaves and branches to it. “They’re my friends, you know,” she continued. “They’re always there for me, even when the living people aren’t.” But then when Julia suggested that she could be her friend she looked shocked but then excited "Really.....you mean it?"

Abigail smiles back at Julia, impressed by the vibrant colors and intricate details of the sun drawing. "That's amazing, Julia! You're really talented. I'm sure there are other girls at camp who would love to make bracelets with you. We can even ask the counselors if they can set up a craft activity for us one day.

Julia smiled brightly at the compliment, as she set the paper down in front of them. Julia had always liked coloring and drawing it was her favorite down time activity during her time at the orphanage. The smile faded just a bit when she thought about it, it wasn't that she had a bad time there, it was really the opposite, she loved being there around all the other kids, she was friends with almost all of them and missed them, she also really hoped that they had gotten adopted like her. But she would never know now. Her life had turned upside down, getting adopted and then finding out she was a daughter of a Goddess, it was all so surreal. Now here she was talking to an older camper that talks to dead children, which fascinated Julia a lot. "They are your friends, that is pretty cool! I wish I could talk to them!" she exclaimed with another wide smile spreading across her face, when Abigail said that she expressed her excitement to be friends with her "Yes, of course! I love making friends" she exclaimed. 

"You really think so?" she questioned when she went on to compliment her again, Julia felt proud of herself. "Ooooh I really like that idea! would you join in a craft activity if I could get it set up?" she questioned Abigail, super excited now, wanting this to happen, and maybe get to make some awesome bracelets with everyone that joined in.

• Like 1

Abigail continued to draw her tree, carefully adding in details to each branch and leaf. She felt comfortable talking to Julia, which was a rare occurrence for her. Most of the time, she found it difficult to connect with other kids. But something about Julia was different, and she appreciated the effort she was making to be her friend. As she worked on her drawing, Abigail felt a sense of peace wash over her. Talking to the dead had always brought her comfort, but it was nice to have a living person to talk to as well. She looked up at Julia, who was now drawing more. "That's really pretty, you are so creative" she said with a giggle, admiring Julia's work. "You know, I think we could be good friends." She agreed with her!

Most the time Abigail came off as awkward and such but this time she was feeling comfortable. Nodding her head to Julia question she knew the two of them would have a lot of fun doing the bracelets for an activity. Plus maybe others would join too! "I would definitely join in" the smile on her face was one that was genuine. Looking back at her drawing and the color it added. It was like Julia bringing life back into her life. They may be years apart but she liked the young demi-god. "So what is your cabin like?

Julia smiled brightly when Abby complemented her picture "thank you!". She got even more excited when made the comment that they could be really good friends. She was thinking about the same thing, she really liked Abby and was hoping that they could be great friends. "I feel the same way! You are so cool!" she exclaims. Jumping up out of her chair she ran over to a shelf that it had sparkly glue and some pretty colorful felt balls. She wasn't sure what she would do with them yet, but she really liked them. Coming back to the table, she looked over at Abby's better "you're doing awesome, I like your drawling as well!" she said beaming from ear to ear. 

As she started to work on adding the glitter glue, she outlined some of her drawings with it, making them look even better, in her eyes anyways. Looking up at Abby "awesome!!! we need to set it up, so we can make those bracelets" she was super excited that her new friend was willing to join in. Going back to her drawing, she started to add a few felt balls, some yellow ones and blue ones, big and small. "Oh, umm my cabin is pretty chill. My mom is Hebe, which makes me have long youth?" she kind of puts a question toward it, she was honestly still trying to understand it all herself. "I'm still learning myself honestly" she said with a blush. 

• Like 1

Abby grinned at Julia's enthusiasm and watched as she grabbed some glitter glue and colorful felt balls. She couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement bubbling up within her. It had been a long time since she had a friend who genuinely seemed to enjoy her company. "Thanks," she replied with a warm smile, genuinely appreciating Julia's compliment. She continued to work on her drawing, feeling inspired by her new friend's creativity. "Yeah, setting up for the bracelets sounds like a great idea," Abby agreed, eager to participate in the activity. She carefully put the finishing touches on her tree drawing and set it aside, ready to join Julia in crafting some bracelets. As Julia explained her parentage and the unique abilities that came with it, Abby nodded, feeling intrigued. "That's really interesting," she said, genuinely curious about the world of demigods. "I'm still learning about all of this too. It's a lot to take in, but it's nice to have someone like you to help me figure it out." Abby's awkwardness seemed to melt away in Julia's presence, replaced by a growing sense of friendship and belonging.

Julia smiled as Abby finished up her picture, "very pretty!" she said with excitement, putting the finishing touches on her picture, before setting it off to the side. Looking up at Abby "let's see, what all do we need. Hmmm...." she started to think out loud as to what materials they needed to make bracelets. Hopping up from her seat she runs over to the shelf where they had a bunch of different kinds of beads, and strings that they could use. Looking through the beads she found letter ones and then she found some ones that she thought Abby would like, they were more dark colors then the bright colorful colors. Grabbing both kinds, with some string for them, she carried it all back over to the table "Look what I found" she said with a huge smile, she was proud of herself. Shoving the box of dark colored beads toward her, and then set out the other beads that also had different little shapes like hearts, butterflies, four leaf clovers, and other shapes. 

"I would love to understand my own lineage on my mother's side, I just wish I knew who my father was, but it's at least a step in the right direction" she comments as she grabs the string and starts to pull some out trying to figure out how long she should make, before cutting she looked at Abby with an innocent look "help? I don't know how long to make" she says to her. "Should we have at least one similar thing in our bracelets or a word that will make them match?" she questioned her. 

Important Information

Terms of Use