bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

BIG SISTER!!!!

The night Julia found out that her mother was the Goddess Hebe, was also the night she found that she had a big sister. Julia was ecstatic, of course she had the ones who she called siblings from the orphanage and through her adoptive family but none of them were blood related in away. Having a sibling that is blood related through her mother, well that excited her so much and she couldn't wait to meet her half-sister. 

That night, she had moved her belongings over to her cabin and then got settled into her room. The next morning she was wide awake, early ready for the day. She had no idea what the day would bring, but she was really hopeful that her sister would be there, for them to get to actually meet and talk. 

Julia dressed her favorite comfy pj bottoms that had cats on them, and a lose black t shirt. Heading into the kitchen to find something to eat, she stopped to admire her new home for a moment.

Alyssa had taken some time away from the camp to go visit her father. She didn't stay long, she never did, but upon returning to the camp she ended up getting a new sister. Family was important to Aly. Her father meant the world to her, and they were all each other had. Her other siblings had left the camp and she was the only one left. Getting a new sibling, and being an older sister, was something new for her. She had been the baby of the cabin for so long. But Alyssa was up for the challenge. Admittedly, it was a lot easier with the two of them still being fairly close in age. She wasn't exactly going to have to play barbies with a nearly 13-year-old.

Lilythe had helped settle Julia in last night, and the poor kid was so tired she had fallen quickly asleep, so Aly hadn't had time to introduce herself. Alyssa got up that morning and got herself dressed. As she stepped out of her room, she was surprised to see the young girl standing there already. "Good morning. I'm Aly." She said lightly, hoping not to startle the poor girl. "You're probably hungry and want breakfast right? We'll have to go to the Mess Hall. We don't really have a kitchen... it's a summer camp." Alyssa explained. One of the down sides to being here was that they didn't really have much more to the cabin than a few rooms, a common area, and the bathrooms.

Julia jumped slightly at the sound of another camper coming into the room with her, turning to face the person she smiled brightly at the girl. "Good morning, I'm Julia! Nice to meet you, so your a half sister of mine?" she questioned her curiously. Julia looked down at her pjs and groaned, when she realized she needed to get dressed if she was going to be able to get food. "Mass hall?" she asked Aly, as she went to the couch and slumped down into the comfy cushion, with a sigh. She didn't like the idea of having to get dressed and leaving the cabin just to go get food, but she was really hungry. Tilting her head back to look up and back at Aly, "I am really hungry! Would you want to come with me?" she asked her with a innocent smile, not wanting to go by herself. 

Everything was so new, and she really didn't know where much was, she got a small tour the first day she arrived at camp, but she couldn't remember where everything was. Julia really didn't want to get lost but she also just didn't want to be alone, until she figured things out better.

Alyssa had to stifle a small giggle as she saw the young girl jump. "Yeah, I'm your half-sister." She said with a gentle smile. The young girl had definitely never been to a summer camp before, and finding out that she had half-siblings had to be super weird. Alyssa could understand how disorienting this whole experience must be for her. It was normal to Alyssa now, but she could remember when she had first gotten here how strange it all seemed. "Yeah, the Mess Hall, you know... that big building that was kind of like a cafeteria? That's where all the campers eat all the time. We sit at tables by Cabin. So you'll be sitting with me." She said with a smile.

"I'd love to come with you." Alyssa beamed at the young girl. It had been a while since she had shared the cabin with a sibling and she was glad to have a little company and not eat alone. The satyrs would occasionally come eat with her when they felt like joining at the Mess Hall, but it happened so few and far between that Alyssa really had stopped hoping they would and resigned herself to eating alone. In a way, she was grateful to have a sibling in the cabin.

Julia smiled at her sister, "That is very interesting, my orphanage had a big dining area that I guess could be like this mess hall, except we got to sit with whoever we wanted to sit with" she says with a somber sight thinking about her friends there. Julia hoped up from the couch and raced to her bedroom. What to wear, what to wear she thinks to herself as she fumbled through her suitcase. Finally finding some shorts and red tank top, she throws them on, tossing her pjs into a corner and darting back out to meet Alyssa. "Now I'm ready!" she exclaims with a grin. 

"So, is there like a menu for each day of what we can have?" she questioned Alyssa, as she walked toward the door, ready to head over. Julia's stomach was growling by this point, she was getting so hungry she felt like she could eat a horse. 

Alyssa nodded. "The mess hall is basically like a cafeteria at school. The only difference is that instead of sitting with your grade or class, you sit with your siblings from your cabin." Confirming that it was probably exactly like what she was used to from her orphanage and likely her school.

She chuckled as the younger camper ran to her room to get dressed. She didn't have it in her to let the girl know that pajamas probably wouldn't have mattered. Nobody really policed clothing at Camp. But when she returned, Alyssa smiled. "Alright! Let's get some grub." She began walking out the cabin door towards the Mess Hall.

"Uh... not really. It's just kind of whatever the Dryads serve. But the goblets automatically fill with whatever you tell them to. Iced tea, Coke, Root Beer, you name it, the goblet will fill with it!" Alyssa offered as a consolation. The goblets also never emptied, but she figured that was a surprise she could let Julia experience herself.

Julia followed her sister out of their cabin, as she listened to her about these goblets that will fill with whatever you tell it to. Julia's eyes went wide when she heard that "woah! real magic!" she exclaimed, she still couldn't really believe what was happening. This whole camp half-blood, being a demi-god thing is so strange and intriguing to her, but she doesn't know anything about any of the Gods or Goddess, not even her own mother. Julia beamed as she looked around the camp, while they made their way to the mess hall. 

When the mess hall came into site, her stomach growled and she smiled at Alyssa "Race you!" she laughed with her smile growing wider a cross her face. Before Alyssa could respond, Julia took off running. Part of her wanted to just have fun but the other part of her felt like she was starving and she really wanted to know what kind of food she was in for. She was a very picky eater, which made it hard enough at her orphanage, knowing what they were going to be having, but now, there's theses Dryads that choose the food. What even are Dryads? she thought, as she raced to the door.

Alyssa chuckled softly at her sister's exclamation. "There's more where that came from." She smiled as they walked. "Children of Hebe have magic of our own. Well... sort of." Alyssa wasn't sure how much they had managed to explain to her during her orientation. Oftentimes it wasn't very specific to the parent, because the kids almost never knew who their parent was when they went through orientation. "Our mom is the goddess of youth so... we can do a lot of things like heal blemishes in the skin, make people feel younger, even look younger. And if we don't get ourselves killed by monsters, we will live longer than most other demigods." She said with a smile. "That's why I try to stay in shape. I don't want to be 80 years old and winded from a hike. If I'm going to live a long time, I want to enjoy those years."

As they got closer to the Mess Hall, Alyssa heard Julia challenge her to a race. Before she could even begin a countdown, Julia took off running. "Oh no you don't!" She laughed and chased after her. Aly could be a bit on the competitive side, but it was more about having fun than actually needing to win. So she didn't put forth all her effort, but she gave just enough to make it so that Julia enjoyed herself and thought Aly was trying. It wouldn't have been fair for her to go all out, she was several years older after all. Let her be a kid for a while longer. As a child of the Goddess of Youth, Aly could appreciate the exuberance that only children felt. She tried to hold onto that feeling, and let others hold onto it, for as long as possible. "Darn! You won!" She grinned. "Ready to head in?"

Julia laughed as she reached the door just inches before Alyssa. "Yay!!" she cheered with a smile, look at her big sister. That was another thing she couldn't believe was actually having a blood related sibling if she was only half. Opening the door, she let her sister step in first as so that she can follow her to where everything else. As Julia stepped in behind Alyssa, she looked around the big building, "woah this is a lot bigger than any other cafeteria I have ever been in!" she exclaimed, as she soaked in the view. There were a few campers already in there enjoying some breakfast and laughing with each other. "That is awesome, I had no idea we had those kinds of powers. Ooooo I want to stay in shape too!" she said with excitement, she's never worked out in a day in the life she has had so far. She wanted to change that, she had seen campers working out and using weapons, the same day she had gotten to camp when Kenna gave her small tour around camp. 

Julia's eyes catch the food, she couldn't tell what it was, they weren't close enough yet, but she hoped it would be something good that she would like. Looking up to Alyssa "is the food usually good here?" she questioned her sister.

It was nice to see the joy on her younger sister's face as she discovered what it meant to be a child of the goddess of youth. People tended to underestimate the Hebe cabin, because they weren't necessarily 'the best' at any one skill. They weren't as clever as Athena's children, weren't as fast as the children of Hermes. But then children of Hebe were the embodiment of what it meant to be young and full of life. When they put their mind to something they could accomplish a lot, and tended to both work hard and play hard. They had a boldness in them that could only be explained by youthful exuberance. It was a wonderful feeling.

"It's usually pretty good. Lunch is usually some kind of barbecue and fruit, breakfast is usually exactly what you would expect. The dryads don't make anything too extravagant, but I've never seen them make anything bad." She smiled, hoping that would reassure her. The food was usually on the healthy side, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. They didn't need to be eating greasy food just before a workout or a party, it was a good way to make yourself sick!

"Go ahead and get in line to grab some food. I'll go grab our table before the Hermes cabin takes all the good ones." The Hermes cabin was by and far the largest cabin. Not because their father was the most prolific reproducer--that honor probably belonged to Apollo, currently--but because Hermes took in all the unclaimed campers and those whose parents didn't have cabins yet. They often had several tables to themselves.

Julia was happy to hear that the food was usually good, she could be a picky eater, so being somewhere new made it kind of hard for her to want to eat there. Julia got into line, listening to her sister with a small laugh hearing her blame the Hermes cabin for taking up tables. That cabin was pretty packed when she had to stay there for a couple days before she got claimed. As she slowly moved in the line, she grabbed a tray and try to look around some of the other campers wondering what she was going to find for breakfast. Getting closer she seen scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles, her eyes widened with excitement she loved herself some waffles. Once she was up, she grabbed a spoon full of scrambled eggs, two slices of bacon, and three waffles, she felt like she hadn't eaten in forever. Julia poured some syrup onto the waffles and then walked off to find her sister. 

Finding her sister toward the back, she smiled and hurried to her, siting her tray down and sitting across from her. "This is the best breakfast!" she exclaimed, as she sat down. Grabbing her fork she dug into the waffles "Mmmmmm, so good" she mumbled with her mouth full, covering her mouth with her hand, finishing her bite "sorry" she said innocently looking to her sister.

Pleased to see that her younger sister seemed to be settling in well enough, Alyssa smiled. "That's not even the best part. Watch this!" Once she was sure she had Julia's attention, Alyssa grabbed her goblet and said, span class="hebe">"Sweet tea." And within seconds her goblet was filled with sweet tea. Alyssa showed the glass to Julia before then chugging the goblet's contents. After a minute she set it down and placed it on the table. The goblet was still full! "The goblets are enchanted. They'll fill with whatever non-alcoholic beverage you tell them to, with an endless supply. It refills immediately. Pretty neat, huh?"

In the back of her head, there was something that told her that it was probably not the best idea to let a young child with little to no willpower know that there was endless sugar and caffeine at her disposal. But Alyssa wasn't her mother, and it was a right of passage for youth to overindulge in sugar and caffeine at least once, right? Surely their mother would understand if she had been there.

Julia watched closely as Alyssa goblet magically filled its self-up with sweet tea. Her eyes went wide and smiled big "Wow that is so cool!" she exclaims. Julia grabbed a goblet "Pepsi!" she said happily as she watched the goblet fill up. Grabbing it she drank it down with a satisfied "aaahh" as she sighted. Julia was already loving camp; it was way better than the orphanage. She told the goblet to fill up again with Pepsi and then looked back up at Alyssa as she sticks a bite of waffle into her mouth, she had already ate over half her food on her plate because it was so good! Back at the orphanage, the food was nowhere near as good, and she would sit there and slowly pick at it trying to not have to eat much of it. She would rather go hungry on some nights when the food was horrible. 

Once she chewed the bite in her mouth she started to speak, "soooo, does anything else do what this goblet does? can I get more food to magically appear on my plate that isn't here at the mess hall at this time? Or can I get candy??" her smiled brightened as she started to ask multiple questions without waiting for answers in between them.

Important Information

Terms of Use