bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

What you need is some Bro time!

Derrick Raines

Once upon a time, there was a boy named Derrick. Who found out he was half god and half mortal. Since then he got claimed by the goddess Nemesis and found out he had a lot of half sibling.! Since then Derrick was sad until his big Brother Azrael had come back to camp......I mean he was one of the only siblings he had that did not ignore him. Then he came up with this great idea for all of them to bond. So derrick was going to do anything to help him. Getting all the wood out of the cart, that they used to get it there. Smiling he finished what he was doing and walked over to Azrael. "What next big bro.....I sorted the wood by size and then laid out all the tools over there" he pointed to a table. Feeling his ADHD, he was having a hard focing on the task in front of him which is why he needed to be able to do something with his hands. 

@ Azrael BlackburnPegasus.png

• Like 1

Azrael had spent the previous day sinking the metal rods in place - tall enough that once they sorted some kind of netting around, it would stop any stray axes going outside of the run. He looked over the assortment of wood and tools that Derrick had managed to get hold of, impressed at the variety of wood assortments that had been gathered and the neatness with which it had been laid out. He wasnt sure of the exact construction they were going to go for but there was one last bit of wood that would take both of them to bring around - the old fallen tree that they had just about managed to get around.

"Good job on sorting through all those, with the rope and bit of trimming we should be able to construct a couple of good target holders" He said nodding to the tools - "but our first task is going to be lugging that big stump out and cutting some solid disks to use for the targets."

It had definitely taken the two of them to drag the stump of wood over, rolling it to work on behind the cabin. Azrael passed one of the smaller 'tool' axes over to Derrick "First we trim off the excess" he said pulling a second axe out of the tool pile  "then it will take both of us for the crosscut saw." Azrael looked over at the big, person sized two man saw blade, sharp teeth with vertical handles on either end.

He took stock of the project; some targets, some stands for the disks and then some netting for the bay; enough to catch any stray axes.. It wasn't the most extensive of projects but it would be solid and reliable once it was completed plus it was a task the two of them could work on together.

As he started on his side of the trunk, trimming off smaller branches and moss he looked up at his little brother "So.. how you finding classes? got a favourite yet?"

• Like 1

Derrick swung a piece of wood around, his mind raced with thoughts and hopes. He couldn't help but wonder if this project, this shared activity of axe throwing, would bring him closer to his older siblings. Being the youngest among them, he often felt like an outcast, seen as the baby brother who needed constant attention and guidance. He longed for their acceptance, for them to see him as an equal, capable of contributing and bonding with them. This project was his chance to prove himself, to show them that he could be just as skilled and valuable as any of them.

It was the voice of Azrael that brought him back to what he was currently doing. Derrick beamed with excitement as Azrael praised his efforts in sorting the wood and tools. He felt a sense of accomplishment knowing that his contributions were appreciated. As Azrael mentioned the next task of lugging the big stump and cutting solid disks for the targets, Derrick nodded eagerly, ready for the challenge.

The stump was pretty heavy but it was good the two of them working together to move it where it needed to go.  Derrick accepted the smaller axe handed to him by Azrael and listened attentively as his big brother explained the process. Trimming off the excess wood seemed like a good starting point. Derrick gripped the axe firmly and began working on his side of the trunk, carefully removing the smaller branches and moss. "Like this?" he asked looking up at him with a smile and big eyes. He had never done work like this before. 

While working, Azrael's question about classes caught Derrick's attention. He paused for a moment, contemplating his response. "Well, big bro," Derrick replied with a thoughtful expression, "I've been enjoying the classes so far. It's been a bit overwhelming at times with all the new information, but I think my favorite class would have to be hand to hand combat training. It's fun to learn different fighting techniques and improve my skills....maybe me feel like like a standing target" he laughed. Derrick's ADHD made it challenging for him to focus on academic subjects for long periods, but physical activities like combat training allowed him to channel his energy effectively. He continued working on trimming the stump, occasionally stealing glances at Azrael, hoping to hear about his own experiences and preference

Important Information

Terms of Use