bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The Song of Home.

Elijah Quinn

With the rest of his siblings out and about, it as finally time to have the cabin to himself. This became a rare opportunity, considering that this cabin has the most members. Who can blame their dad and his philander nature? He settled down into a vacant couch with his guitar and strummed it before an awkward silence ensues. He shook his head. No, he preferred to get some air. It's probably the reason why the rest of his siblings are out. Elijah shouldered his guitar case, checking to see if his acoustic guitar was still inside and safe. Letting the door to the Apollo Cabin closed, she set off to find a place to play. A glance back to the cabin was shot, and he still could not believe how with sunlight, it looks like it is made of gold.

The first thing he thought was the amphitheater. On the rare chance that the entire facility was vacant, he decided to check it out to see if the odds were in his favor. They were not. Who was he kidding? It did no harm to check, but it's not like he has beef against whoever was occupying it. So he chose the next best thing - somewhere probably no one could hear. A bit of an isolation. He arrived to a quiet tree and swung himself into the branches, climbing until he reached a comfortable bough. Taking out his guitar, it was a present given to him by his mother. He took care of it ever since, cleaning and fine tuning it at least once every other day. He loved it. And it reminded him of home. His mother taught him how to play and he could do so in front of an audience. But this time, he preferred to be alone with his music. He strummed it softly to check if it was in tune, quiet chords barely audible.

As they grew in confidence, he attempted the song he performed from his first competition. @ Elena Clarke

• Like 1

Elena was quite free these days, apart from the classes she had signed up for. She do like the classes and lessons taught but she also liked to be free and chill out in the open. Being an ares made you one that treasures a good lifestyle. Not everything was war for them too. They were also always hanging around the pavilion, much to her siblings’ influence, but she enjoyed it much too. She had left the place after another good meal and wandered around the grounds. It was then she heard some singing nearby but couldn’t quite locate where it came from. She was certainly moved by the voice and the singing and could immediately guess it was from a boy. She loves music too and she could hum to any song she come across, most of the times it was because she was bored and she picked up a liking on music. Until when she neared a tree she spotted an Apollo boy sitting on the tree with his guitar. She wondered if they were heavy enough to fall but then she was drawn towards the singing more. "Nice voice, what song is that?" She looked up and smiled at him, hoping she hadn’t disturbed him.

Elijah continued to sing to his heart's content, emotions rushing to his mind as the memories followed. Even though he is a year-round camper, he's made time to spend with his mother with vacations, birthdays, and holidays. He didn't want to endanger her with him being a demigod and all, but he told himself that if he was going to protect her, he needed to train so he could tackle any monster that comes his way. Singing this song is one way he could emotionally connect with his family along with the occasional hymn to his father for spiritual healing. He's taken on medicinal herbs nowadays with the help of a certain Hecate child and a Demeter child.

Fingers let go of the strings as the song was coming into a close, his voice fading out into the air. He drew a deep breath to recompose himself until a voice reached out to him. Looking down, it came from a red-haired lass. "Common Sense," he responded, "my mom and I composed the song before I sang it in my first competition." It was the same song that led him to victory and paved the way to being a rising star in the music industry. All that was then dropped because some harpies decided to crash the party. "Sometimes, I play this song whenever I miss my mom." Placing the guitar inside his case, he fell to the ground and met her eyes.

"So you were talking a walk?"

Important Information

Terms of Use