bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Jules' arrival

Jules Vivian

Jules just really wanted a normal life so bad but it seems that God didn't want him to have it. Sometimes, when Jules didn't have to go to the shop, he just sat in his room, lied on his bed and cried. He couldn't understand why his life was that miserable, why his mom had to leave him and dad then he was addicted to alcohol. Sandra was always outside when he opened his room but she never asked, which was absolutely fine. Jules was still hurt when she told Max about his 'ability', he had trusted her so much that he felt betrayed when Max dragged him to the shop at the first place, but as long as she was safe, he would do anything. He thought his life would be like this forever, however, it changed dramatically so fast that he couldn't process. Monsters, a man with the legs of goat or even the 'demigod' thingy was absolute new. Putting Sandra, who was still unconscious, down, Jules looked around the big house and spoke loudly, "Anyone's here? Hello? I need help, please. Is this Half-blood Hill?", he breathed heavily, his heart still couldn't be back to normal after the run.

Edited by Jules Vivian
  • Like 1

James was sitting at the front desk when his stomach gave a growl. He was getting hungry and knew that it was about time to eat. But his shift wasn't over so he couldn't go to the dining pavilion just yet. So getting up he walked over to the kitchen to see if anything was still in the room. Digging he did not hear the front open as he then found something to grab when a voice rang out. "Oh snap" he said as he put the jar of peanut butter down as he walked back to see a boy standing there. "Yes it is, did you just arrive? What sort of help do you need?" James wanted to make sure it wasn't urgent cause if it was then he would take care of it now.  But if it was something that could be taken care of later he would sit the new camper down, to have the talk about life as a demi-god. 

• Like 1

Jules thought there was no one in the house as no one answered his call. As the time he was going to go the other places to find help, an older boy walked out the house and asked if he needed anything. He immediately held his hands and dragged him to Sandra's place (OoC: Please just GM her as I haven't found anyone writing for her 😭), "Please, help my sister. A monster chased us so she fainted on the way we ran and I don't know what to do. Can you help me, please?", he begged. He protected her well enough but she didn't wake up so he was worried she might have wounds that he didn't know. He looked at the older boy, he had the short here with beard and seemed to know this place well. Maybe he had stayed here for very long time. Did he come to the right place? What if he went to the wrong place, the boy just laughed at him and threw both of them out? "I just came here. The creature, you know, the man with goat legs told us to come here for help", he explained and prayed for the best.

Edited by Jules Vivian
  • Like 1

James could tell this new camper was in distress as he grabbed James's hand to move him to his sister.  Trying to keep up with the story of what happened, you never knew what might be going on in the lives of these campers before they got to camp. Most of the time it was unpleasant. "Of course we can" he said instinctively as he got to the girl seeing that she was hurt. James looked to the boy who had gotten him "Well you two are in the right place, follow me" he said bending down to pick the girl up carefully.  Taking to the big house was the first step as they needed the Apollo camper that was on duty that could heal her. Maybe they would give her some nectar or Ambrosia. Being careful not to hurt the girl more he was worried as it had been some time since someone showed up in this condition. Getting back inside the house he called out for the camper "Apollo Camper on duty we need you" James put the girl down on the couch in the living room as to make sure she was comfortable. That was when the Apollo Camper came around the corner. 

Soon enough they were first singing a hymn to Apollo in Greek asking for healing. This was something he had seen a lot but he made sure to step back to give the demi-god room to do his thing. Turning to Jules he asked "Okay tell me what happened? She should be fine as they will heal her." 

• Like 1

Jules was relieved when he heard the answer he really needed, he looked at his sister whose face was white as a sheet. He watched the boy picking up his sister, followed him going into the big house. He looked around the sky-blue house, realized it was way bigger than he expected, actually, it was larger than his house he just left a few hours ago. The boy put Sandra down on the sofa after calling for someone, someone name Apollo? Maybe he was the doctor that check on her. He held her right hand, rubbed it gently and hoped she didn't get hurt. After a while, someone ran inside, Jules turned around just to see a boy who was around the older boy he just met. Wait, what happened here? Where was the doctor? Is this some kind of a joke? At the time he was about angrily questioning, he started to sing a hymn, an old song that he couldn't understand but sounded familiar. When he still tried to remember where he heard that song before or when, the older boy turned to him and asked what happened. "Huh?... This song can heal her? Are you sure?", okay, it sounds ridiculous, "I was sleeping when that monster appeared, I'm not sure what happened but it roared at my adoptive father so my sister and I ran away. Not sure if Max was okay, I don't care either but after a while, the monster chased us again. Sandra fainted after she saw it and the man with goat legs appeared to save us. He brought us here and told us this place can offer help", he said all in one breath. After that, he gasped for air then continued. "He also said we were demigod? What is that?"

Edited by Jules Vivian
  • Like 1

James watched at the Apollo camper started to sing a hymn which would be a good start to this all, next they would give her a bit of Ambrosia. But just a little as he did not want to see her get feverish. But now he was trying to distract this new camper who arrived with the hurt camper. "Yes, Apollo is the Greek God over healing, but don't worry we will give her some ambrosia after to heal anything left." James knew this probably sounded crazy to the new camper but soon enough it would become his reality. It was never easy for the new campers as it always seemed that tragedy followed them all the way to camp. James nodded as as listened to him as he spoke. "I see and yes you both are demi-gods as you would not be able to come into camp if you were not ones." This of course did not explain everything but he wanted to make sure the girl was okay. Seeing her stir once the hymn was done he went to her side pulling out a bottle with Ambrosia "Hey stay still.......you are safe with your brother here......just eat a little of this" he said in a kind voice as she took the little bit of Ambrosia. Turning back to Jules he took in a deep breath "First the Greek Gods you learned about in school are real. They live in Olympus.......A demi-god are children from when the Gods have children with a mortal. My dad was a normal mortal but had me with my mom which is Tyche, goddess of luck.

• Like 1

Jules knew he was listening but it felt like he was saying in different language, he couldn't even understand what he was talking about. Apollo? This shouldn't be a damn show. He didn't say anything, watching them until they finished the hymn but the disbelief showed on his face. After all, who can blame him for not believe a such a strange story like that? Jules didn't even listen a word when the guy told about something like demigod, or at least that's what he heard. Sandra woke up after the hymn stopped, her eyes was finding something, Jules went to her place, put a hand on his forehead, his eyes looked at her eyes just to make sure she was okay. Sandra slightly nodded to answer, she held his right hand while her right hand took the bottle to drink. He felt the relief when they were holding hands and extremely focus on what the guy said. The hymn did help his sister so this might be true. However, he did not fully believe in the guy. Jules heard Sandra told she knew about the Greek Gods while Jules was remaining silence. "So both of us have a godly mother or father? My mom, the person abandoned me and my father is a freaking god?", he felt the anger inside him but his sister told him to calm down. He let go of her hand so he didn't hurt her but he still felt angry. "Please tell me it is a joke"

• Like 1

James knew this was all going to be a lot for anyone to understand or believe. He was hoping the fact that monsters came after him in the middle of the night as well as a satyr bringing them to camp would make him more inclined to it but from the look on the boys face he could tell it wasn't going well. While he sat in silence he talked to Sandra about the Greek Gods "Great, we most of what you know may be true as their is some things that have changed over time." But his gaze went back to Jules as he was upset "Yes as a matter of fact, the only way to get into camp is from a barrier that only demi-gods can get past." He finished saying as he shook his head no. "I wish it was" James knew this was a lot to put on kids so young, Heck he was even around the age of ten years old when he got to camp to learn about his parent. Then he wasn't even claimed until he was thirteen. "The Greek Gods go where the power goes which for now is over the united states which is why mount olympus is over the empire state building." Pausing for a moment he watched to see that Sandra was getting better from the color of her skin. Happy to see they had luck on their side to get her well. "Hopefully your parents will claim you soon. I mean they must claim you by the age of thirteen but for now you two will be in the hermes cabin with Lilythe." 

• Like 1

Jules couldn't bear the shocking news he just got from James, it was absolutely a terrified news for someone think no one wanted him. Sandra murmured to him to not to be panic but how could he not? Jules stood up from the sofa Sandra was lying, walked around the room so he could be calmer while he listened to James said as he knew this was those stories he should hear if he wanted to survive. He sat down on the sofa when the shock went but his shaking hands still showed his emotion which his face didn't show. "How many gods are mother or father of campers here?", Jules just remembered the big three when he thought about the stories he was told when he was young, "If we are both demigod, is there any chances we could be siblings?", his eyes glanced at his sister and turned back to James. If they were siblings, not adopted brother and sister, he would feel relieved more than they were separated. He remembered James' godly mother was Tyche when he introduced, did that mean he was lucky? He didn't know if he should ask him about this or not. "Did they stay somewhere else other than United State before?", Jules asked him and that one awkward question showed up, "Have you ever seen your mother?". He couldn't hold it back when he thought about being claimed, Jules looked at his feet to hide his embarrassment. "I'm sorry if it is an inappropriate question". Jules nodded as he told them about where they would stay, he was curious about the girl Lilythe but it seemed she was in charge of cabin Hermes. "I'm going to be 13 this month so am I going to be claimed by the end of the month?"

• Like 1

As James watched Jules pace around the room, he couldn't help but feel a sense of empathy towards the young camper. He knew all too well the feeling of abandonment and the uncertainty that came with it. As the son of Tyche, he was all too familiar with the whims of the gods and their seeming lack of interest in their mortal offspring. Plus being young, it was as if a major trauma was being dropped into their lives. "All of them, maybe around a couple hundred campers are here" he said with a sad tone. "You can only get to this camp if you have a mother or father of a god...making you a demi-god." James sat back as he thought about the next point Jules brought up. Thinking if this was a possibility. He had seen twins before and even knew of Jason Grace who had a sister Thalia which that was extremely rare. "I mean since you don't know if you have the same mother...its a possibility but a very small one. She might be a child of another God." Taking in a big sigh he nodded his head as he knew where the God's were. Looking over to the side table he got a magazine with the empire state building on it. Picking it up he pointed to it. "Mount Olympus moves to where the power is in the world, which for now is the United States. So the God's are here" he pointed above the top of the building. "I have only seen my mom when I fought in the last war with all the God's." This was one of the things he was did not talk about too much. Because of the thoughts of all the demi-gods that died. But bringing himself out of that he smiled once again as he knew it wasn't this campers fault for wanting to understand. "Yes, Percy Jackson made them promise after helping them win a war against the titans that they would claim all their children by age 13....so soon you both will know your parents. At least your Godly one." 

• Like 1

Jules never thought the number of demigod were so big, which means there were hundreds of children who had this curse like him. He frowned, turning to his sister as he realized she might be in danger. It was the last thing he wanted but it couldn't change the fact they were the children of some damn gods. For some reasons, he immediately heard the thunder from somewhere. The gods couldn't listen to his thoughts, right? "They shouldn't have so many children like this. They never could understand our feelings", he murmured. He listened to his interesting theory, thinking the small possibility if they could have the same mother or father. "Are there any other gods? I mean not only the Greek God", he looked at the Empire State building, "Can we go there? Or we never know how our parents look like?". He really wanted to know who the heck his parents were, so he could ask why he or she abandoned him. "War? Do we really fight?", he frowned, his hand grabbed his sister's hand tightly. He will never let her go to the war or some sort of dangers.

• Like 1

James noticed the concern and fear in Jules' eyes as he mentioned the possibility of a war. He gently squeezed Jules' hand, reassuring him, "I won't let anything happen to you or your sister, Jules. We're a family here, and we look out for each other. As for the gods, well, they're unpredictable. But they do care about us in their own way, even if they don't always show it." He knew this was a lot to take in but he was trying the best he could. It honestly came easier with time but it of course still hurt as the Gods never really spent time with their children.  He paused for a moment, considering Jules' question about other gods. "Yes, there are other Gods.....I know of the Roman ones....you can only go to Olympus if you are invited...which is rare sadly but the Gods do show from time to time" James took a deep breath, his determination evident. This was going to be a lot to explain he took another cookie and began to eat it slowly as he tried to come up with the best way to say things.  "But we have each other, Jules. We have this camp, and together we'll navigate this world and face whatever challenges come our way. We'll train, we'll learn, and we'll fight if we have to. But most importantly, we'll support and protect one another. That's what being a demigod is all about. And I promise you, we'll find a way to make sense of it all. You see there are things that threaten earth like Giants or even Titans. We fight them to keep the world safe." Hoping this was good he wondered if it was time for them to take jules sister to a place to rest and then give him a tour of the camp. 

Important Information

Terms of Use