bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

First Time in the Big Apple.

Tristan Damaris

tumblr_n1m2vtpKfL1qzwh14o1_500.gif

d7a0a44630fed265a4b3efef33e89fc6.png

Tristan simply couldn't wait.

He and Asher had bonded over their umbrakinesis practice sessions. He doesn't really talk much to his other half siblings but the Harrington twins seemed to have bring him much delight ever since meeting them. After helping her achieve this power, he continued to write letters to her since she doesn't spend much time in camp but rather in a company which she has hinted that she owns. Maybe it's her way of humbling herself, but the fact that she could let him crash in their penthouse is something he hadn't expect to do since arriving in camp. He slept early and packed his belongings rather excitedly in the dawn, while most of his siblings are asleep from staying up too late. He had placed an excursion request in the Big House weeks before, letting them know he'll be gone the week of Christmas and will come back shortly after New Years.

Tristan walked up Half-Blood Hill and turned to look back at the valley before smiling. I'll be back, he thought, and proceeded to walk to the main road. Dropping a drachma to the pavement, he shouted,

Stêthi, Ô hárma diabolês!

A few moments later, a taxi that looked as if it were made from smoke appeared from the ground and he hopped on. A piece of paper was given to one of the sisters he had prepared in advance which has Asher's address. "That one please." He requested, and the vehicle drove off. @ Asher Harrington

Edited by Tristan Damaris

Asher had never taken the time to really get to know her siblings. She knew it was not a good thing since they shared a common lineage and after all, who better to understand what they were going through than they themselves. So she had started to get better, showing a genuine interest in their lives and even opening up to them. It wasn't easy for her to display emotion around others and even so to share things about herself but Tristan had managed to do so and she had to admit he was quite the special character.

So she invited him over to spent the holidays with her, Arsen, and their aunt. He had told her bits and pieces about his home life and honestly if she could find a way to get him out of that environment and into a better one she would do so. Maybe she could offer him his own place wherever he wanted, but she wasn't sure if he would take it well. She just wanted to take care of him and having the resources to do propelled her to think seriously about it. 

She waited, tapping her fingers over the kitchen counter until he arrived. She imagined he would want to do the tourist stuff so she had planned a whole list of place the two of them might enjoy. This trip really was for him.

The cab was driven by a trio of old women, but he wasn't exactly reassured with their driving after hearing some stories about them. Yet it was the only way since he didn't have any cash money on his person. He only rode this cab twice, with the first being several years ago before he arrived at camp. All he could remember was that they drove fast, somehow evading the other cars like it was second nature. And soon enough, they were already entering the streets of Manhattan. Tristan looked whatever was beyond the windows of the cab - bustling street activity, restaurants, and cars even though they were just a blur to him. Tristan had never really been here before and somehow the Gray Sisters knew that. Could they slow down a bit so the blur becomes clear?

The cab made a sudden stop to a structure that seemed to be taller than the other, nearly colliding his head to the behind of the front seat. They made it to his destination but all he could think about was meeting his big half-sister. She's been more or less vague with details of her life outside of camp but owning a penthouse has given him an idea of her style of living. After he grabbed his suitcase from the trunk, the vehicle shortly drove back into the streets and disappeared not a moment later. Dressed such an attire, he thought it was best to go with casual for now. Tristan held his suitcase to his side, waiting for her to come and pick him up.

Asher was waiting for Tristan to arrive and she glanced out her window every so often to see if he had arrived. Though she was sure they would inform her of such, she still wanted to be present for the moment. Sure enough in a second the notorious cab showed up and out came Tristan, dressed casually for the occasion. Asher didn't much care what someone's wardrobe consisted of. The only thing she cared about was whether or not they were dressed properly and maintained cleanliness. She hated jeans below the butt where one could see the man's underwear. It was tacky after all.

Asher made her way down and walked out of the main door to greet her brother. "You finally arrived,"she said softly, wrapping her arms around him. "How was your trip? Are you excited to be in the city?" She guided him towards her place, making small notes of where everything was. "I had your bedroom prepared. Why don't you settle in and then we can talk about what you would like to do?"

Tristan had some things in mind he could do in the trip. One of the first things was getting a mobile phone. He's aware that those things are prohibited in camp and he could get in trouble for bringing one in. He just wanted to see what it is like to use one. Not much was said about it, but he heard he could connect to the "Internet" supposedly invested by Hermes. Considering the god's symbolism, that might be the case. And then, he could be find without one. After all, he lived all of his life without one. Then, a familiar sight interrupted his train of thought. A beautiful woman walked up to him to give him a hug and he, of course, hugged her back. 

That woman's name is Asher Harrington.

"Well, the old ladies gave me a scare. They think they're smart enough when their driving can be on the reckless side. It's like I needed to rush when I did not have to," he chuckled, "That, I can tell you, I quite am. I've been looking forward to it since you mentioned it. After you achieved umbrakinesis, I figured this would be your big break as well. I know you have that big girl job but sometimes you need to relax and take the day off." It was a bit ironic, considering some of his days makes him look like a workaholic. He was simply dedicated to his craft, maybe even as much as her, but there are times when they are no different like staying up all night to achieve the results they wanted.

The two of them went inside the building with Asher acting as a tour guide. It was big. Bigger than the home he used to be in before he arrived at camp. It'll be like a luxury living in here and he could understand why Asher chose to be a summer-only camper. Tristan walked around briskly, admiring the interior of her home. His bedroom was even more fantastic. Even though he had one, this one had better natural lighting. Setting aside his suitcase, he fell down on the sheets and made a like an imaginary snowman.

Asher was not the type to often take vacations or days off for that matter. When she was at camp, she still followed up with work in ways that she could. This usually was harder than it seemed but it was the only way she could keep up with what was going on around her without feeling like she was losing track of her company. Thankfully she had a good team around her. People she could trust and rely on to get the job done and deal with any issues should they arise. But on this occasion, she had decided to take much needed time off and take the time to hang out and spend time with her brother. 

After she had lead him into her home, Asher showed him around a bit, noting that whatever he wanted to look at or use that he was free to do so. The place had their own staff so whatever needs Tristan had, they would be cared for. "Do you like it? I wasn't sure what kind of sheets you wanted so if you need warmer or thicker ones, they are in the closet. I also wasn't sure if you had any allergies to down feathers so the comforter is hypoallergenic. Whatever you want and need, you only have to ask. I have taken the week off so we can do whatever you want. I am happy you are here."

The room emanated a warm and cozy ambiance, with thoughtful details and tasteful furnishings. The walls of the room are painted in soothing earthy tones, such as soft taupe, warm beige, and gentle pastels. These colors create a serene atmosphere and provide a versatile backdrop for the room's decor. The focal point of the room is a comfortable queen-sized bed adorned with quality linens and cozy blankets. The bedframe is elegant, though not extravagant, crafted from solid wood with subtle embellishments. Soft, plush pillows invited him to relax and unwind which he is currently doing at this moment.

A sturdy wooden dresser stands against one wall, offering ample storage space for his belongings. A matching bedside table sits beside the bed, housing a simple reading lamp and an alarm clock. A small writing desk with a comfortable chair is placed near the window, creating a cozy nook for reading or working. A modest-sized television is placed on a simple TV stand, offering access to a variety of entertainment options. A compact stereo system sits on a shelf while a selection of books or magazines is thoughtfully placed on a nearby shelf. If he wanted, he could stay in here for hours. There's a door to his left and he could only assume that's a bathroom.

"Sorry, I just did not know what to say. I'm grateful that you are doing this, really," he paused, "You said a week, right? I'm not really sure since I've never been out here so why don't we go with your itinerary and we can go with mine tomorrow? I'd like to explore your interests first if that's alright with you."

Asher looked at Tristan with interest to make sure that he was enjoying what she had set up for him. His story about his upbringing had resonated with her and she couldn't help but think that it was up to her to make sure he had a pleasant stay with her. She didn't know why she felt responsible. Maybe because she was older and as an older sibling, she knew she had to be protective and supportive. It was a new experience for her. She knew she had to be on better terms with her half-siblings but it always felt weird to reach out to them. If anything, it was like they were copies of what her life could have been and a reminder that her mother didn't seem to be content with just one family.

"You don't have to thank me. You are my brother, right?" She said softly. "Are you hungry? We can go get something to eat first. Also, Central Park is nearby so I figured maybe we can go see it. It is beautiful when it snows and there are so many things to look at."

Important Information

Terms of Use