bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Lets Duel!

Mason Grimes

Mason didn't normally leave his brother's side, but Maddox was in a mood and Mason wasn't dealing with it, so he told his brother that he was going to check out the Arena, in hopes it would make him follow. Mason could be a hot head too, but as Maddox puts it, he got a little more of their momma G's patients. As Mason left the cabin, he felt a little bad for leaving his brother, but Maddox knew where he would be, and he could come join him when he was ready. 

Mason made his way to the Arena, looking around he spotted someone. He made his way in, sitting down at one of the benches watching the older camper. He wasn't sure what the guy was doing, but it was interesting enough to watch. He really wanted to try himself, but he didn't have any weapons or even know what he was doing, which he hated making a fool of himself. Mason cleared his throat to get the campers attention, as he stood up from the bench to walk toward him. 

@ Liam Santos

Edited by Mason Grimes
  • Like 1

Liam was working on his stuff as always....I mean Dustin was the best so he had a lot to try and measure up to which meant he had to practice a lot. Since the moment with Theo in the past month. Now he was training a bunch of different campers in ranging ages. Maybe it was the fact that he was almost always here. But he found more and more campers coming up to him. So as he finished his last stance. He could feel someone's eyes on him but from where??? Looking up he saw a younger camper come to the edge from the bench they must have sat on. Normally he might not both with some younger campers but he was feeling generous today. Walking over he raised an eyebrow "Hey" his silent tough boy demeanor "What's up?" 

Mason stopped, shifting his stance trying to act tough himself. Him and his brother were taught by their older street friends to act tough, stand big and never show weakness. So that's what he did when the older camper realized he was there, "Hey!" he says back, watching his moves. Mason was still pretty leery about the camp, and the campers that stayed here, he still couldn't be to sure of who he could trust or not. "I wanna fight you" he says as a smirk play upon his face. Mason wasn't normally the fighter, but something like this seemed fun and relaxing. He honestly hopped that it might help calm his nerves. Looking back over his shoulder, slightly hoping to his brother coming through the doors, but he wasn't causing Mason to heave a sigh as he turned back to look up at the guy "I'm Mason, who are you?" he questioned him.

• Like 1

The older camper raised an eyebrow at Mason's challenge, a small smile playing at the corner of his mouth. "You want to fight me, huh?" he asked, sizing up the younger boy. "Well, I'm always up for a good sparring match." He had this happen before from different Demi-gods he met over the years. Liam did not mind it as it brought another challenge to him as he worked harder and harder on his training. He stepped forward, extending a hand to Mason. "I'm Liam," he introduced himself. "Son of Ares. And don't worry, I won't go too hard on you." Liam went to get another sword for Mason to use in the arena, where they would began to warm up and stretch. Looking at the young boy he knew he had seen one that looked just like him before. "So you and Maddox must be twin hun?" He asked him as he finished stretching his arms and began to work on his legs. 

Mason stood tall as the older boy looked him over, giving him a small smirk. Taking the outstretched hand, he shook it still looking him in the eyes. "Yes I do, and I don't want you to take it easy on me" he said matter-of-factly. Liam got him a weapon, and then he followed his lead in doing some stretches. That's when he mentioned Maddox. Mason perked up a bit "Ya we're twins, but I'm the older one" he says proudly with a grin playing across his face. Bringing his arms over his head and grunted a bit at the pull of his muscles as they stretched out. 

Finishing up stretching he picked the sword up and smirked "So how did you meet my brother?" he questioned as he got into what he thought would be a good stance. One foot in front of the other and both hands holding onto the handle of the sword "Lets do this!" he exclaimed with a smile.

• Like 1

Liam chuckled at Mason's determination, admiring the younger boy's spirit. He took a moment to adjust his own grip on his sword, getting into his own stance. "Alright, Mason, let's see what you've got," Liam said, his voice filled with a mix of excitement and friendly competitiveness. He watched as Mason positioned himself, ready for the fight. After a few moments, Liam shifted into a lunge position, stretching his hip flexors and quadriceps. He held the position for a count of ten, feeling the gentle burn in his muscles. Switching sides, he repeated the lunge stretch on his other leg. As he stretched, he let out a contented sigh, enjoying the release of tension in his body.

Seeing that Mason had picked up the sword he nodded as to begin. "He asked me to fight as well " he laughed as the spar began, Liam assessed Mason's technique, noticing both strengths and areas for improvement. He parried and blocked , allowing the younger boy to exert his energy and show off anything he wanted to do. Liam didn't want to overwhelm him but still wanted to push him enough to test his abilities. 

Mason laughed when Liam told him that Maddox asked him to fight as well. We really are one in the same, Mason thought to himself as he watched Liam stretch his legs muscles and then get into a defensive stance. A smirk playing across his face, Mason let the sword go with his right hand and swung the sword straight at Liam, as he lunged forward slightly, wanting to stay at a small distance. The loud cling of the swords clashing made Mason smirk turn to a smile. He honestly had no idea what he was doing, Maddox was more of the fighter, and of course Mason has fought with his fist, but not with a sword. He was determined to learn though and show what little he does know. 

As his sword slid off Liams, he regained his poser and lunged for Liam again this time with the sword pointed straight at him, if he couldn't slash at him, he could try to stab at him and see what Liam does to avoid the sword. 

• Like 1

Liam's eyes narrowed as he anticipated Mason's next move. Reacting swiftly, he shifted his weight to the side, narrowly evading the oncoming stab. With a quick sidestep, he circled around Mason, keeping his guard up. "You'll have to do better than that," Liam taunted, his voice laced with confidence. Feeling a surge of determination, Liam decided to take the offensive. He feigned a strike towards Mason's left side, hoping to catch him off guard. As Mason instinctively raised his sword to block, Liam swiftly changed his trajectory, aiming for a low sweep to knock Mason's legs out from under him. Liam liked this kid...he had spunk unlike a lot of the dumb young campers that had come into camp as of late. He would be excited to see where this camper was going to land when they were claimed. 

Mason falls forward, stumbling as Liam dodges his stab. "Dang it" he growls under his breath, as Liam taunts him. Mason caught his footing just in time to block Liam, but he tricked him. Mason was shocked when Liam changed in mid strike and went for his legs. Falling to the ground, mason cursed under his breath. Taking a deep breath in, he pulls himself back up quickly and goes into a defensive stance. "I'm ready this time, Come at me again" he says through gritted teeth. He was not happy that he was caught off guard, but he was going to be ready for anything this time, or at least so he thought. 

"I won't let you knock me off my feet this time" he says with a smirk.

• Thanks 1

The young camper had fallen but had quickly risen, ready to face the challenge anew. Liam nodded in acknowledgment of Mason's determination and decided to raise the stakes a bit. He advanced slowly, his eyes locked onto Mason's. "Alright, let's see what you've got," he said, his tone serious but encouraging. Liam circled Mason, testing his defenses once more. This time, he aimed to be less predictable, feinting left and right, probing for any opening. Liam tried to seize an opportunity. With a swift and unexpected maneuver, he lunged forward, aiming for a precise strike towards Mason's shoulder. He wanted to see if Mason could react in time and defend against a more advanced attack. This spar was becoming more than just a training session; it was turning into a test of Mason's skill and resolve.

Mason never let Liam out of his sight as he circled him. He had no idea was Liam was planning, but Mason was determined to prove to this older boy that he could fight. "You won't get me this time!" he demanded, as he rocked on the balls of his feet trying to figure out where Liam was going to strike. He watched as Liam alternated left and right, trying to trip him up but he was paying attention. Just as Mason took a deep breath, trying to concentrate, Liam lunged, headed right for Mason shoulder from behind. Mason wasn't exactly experienced in this type of dual, but he got this weird feeling telling him exactly where his opponent was going to strike. It was a very late response, and he could feel the tip of Liam's sword pierce his shoulder just as he stumbled sideways, swinging his sword up to knock Liam's away. 

"You almost had me!" he exclaimed, he was proud of himself though, even if the sword did hit him slightly, he was still able to get out of the way before he could do serious damage to him and he could still fight. With a Bright smile on his face, he brought his stance back to a defensive position, pointing his sword toward Liam "You won't get me again!" he challenged with a smirk on his face, he was having fun trying to figure out how to block attacks. 

• Like 1

Mason's defense had improved, and even though Liam's strike had grazed his shoulder, it was clear that Mason was determined to hold his own. Liam couldn't help but appreciate the spirit he saw in the boy. Maybe this younger set of campers will be able to hold their own after all. Liam had been taking it easy on the kid. As Mason readied himself for another round, Liam considered his next move carefully. Mason had indeed improved, but he wasn't quite there yet. Liam decided to give him one more chance to prove himself. He lowered his sword slightly, indicating a temporary ceasefire. "You've got potential, Mason," he said with a nod of approval. "One more chance. Show me what you've got, and we'll call it a day...I got stuff to do" Liam wanted to challenge Mason further but also recognized that it was essential to end on a positive note. He respected the young camper's determination and wanted to encourage his growth.

Mason smiled when he noticed Liam bring his weapon down, he was getting a little tired, he wasn't use to this kind of stuff. When Liam spoke Mason could feel a tinge of excitement though, he thought he had potential "Thanks". That's when he said he was going to give Mason one more chance to prove himself with an attack move. Getting into a stance ready to strike "I'll get you this time!" he exclaimed with a grin spreading from ear to ear. Bringing his sword into an attack position, he charged, using a similar technique that Liam did, by alternating side to side, trying to fool him and confuse him as to where he will strike. 

With in seconds Mason as swinging his sword coming up on Liam's left side, catching Liam, finally landing a hit as he fell forward from the momentum, still finding it hard to find his balance after an attack. Fixing himself upright he turned back toward Liam "I did it!" he said with joy. He was kind of sad though that this also marked the end of their little session. 

"Thanks for showing me, it was nice meeting you Liam" he said as he turned to walk away, he hoped that Liam would be his brother, once him and Maddox were claimed.

Important Information

Terms of Use