bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Ares at the Bonfire Plans

Lilythe

Admin

What must happen: Ares must arrive, claim a few kids, and tell his kids to meet him at the cabin when their "pansy sing along is done" or something to that effect.

What cannot happen: Ares cannot show any sort of preference for individual children, cannot harm campers without writer permission, etc. The common sense stuff.

But I would like for this to be a super memorable experience sooooooo...

Hit me with your best ideas! 

Admin

I don't like doing anything that makes Ares cabin even more special than they already get to be. None of the other deities will be coming down to do a claiming (except maybe Hera, I haven't decided... >.>) so I think Ares cabin is special enough without daddy bequeathing them gifts... 

I was thinking more... things that could include more than just his kids, since they already get their own special thread with him. I want other cabins to get to be included in the plot event. 

As for the grand entrance... Got that covered 😉 Britt and Nikki have been through this before, so they already know. But he basically rolls up on his motorcycle, does a donut around the campfire, and claims his kids. 

Admin

I like that idea Nikki. I just wonder if there's a way to make it so that it's more interactive than just him telling a story. I want people to feel like they're involved, since the Ares kids already get to be super involved.

I also had the following idea...

We have a lot of new campers who have only ever seen Mr. D and not met the other gods.

I can post a sign-up for a role in the upcoming plot event. Get some volunteers (up to 6 characters, maybe 8), and have them first question whether or not it's the real Ares... and then he can use that anger manipulation he has to start some fights with the ones that questioned him.

The caveats would be that the characters have to have been too young to participate in the previous wars... so they would all have to be like 20 or younger And then I'd say that Ares campers wouldn't be allowed to sign up because their getting their own event soon. Limit 1 per writer to start, and then the day before posting with Ares if we don't fill up I'd open it up to a 2nd.

That being said, my idea would make that thread become very chaotic and at the end of the day I still need it to be able to be a claiming thread. So if we went with this idea it would postpone when Ares does the claiming until May, to reduce the amount of impact on claimings in that thread that aren't children of Ares. 

Important Information

Terms of Use