bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

I'm Coming Clean

Helena L'Amour

After the events at the bonfire, Helena had gone back to Mateo's cabin with him for the night. Nobody bothered them when he brought her over, and she imagined that nobody would bother them if she stayed one night. I just want one more night with him... Two months had passed since she had found out she was pregnant. Two months that she had been keeping this information from Mateo. The secret was killing her. The last thing she wanted to do was break his trust or his heart. Right now she felt like she was stuck in a damned if she did, and damned if she didn't situation. Sure, she could look at getting rid of the child. But she didn't want to. It was born from love. She loved Mateo and, even if he hadn't said it yet, he loved her. She knew it, thanks to the gifts from her mother. And Lena couldn't bring herself to even consider getting rid of a child of hers and Mateo's. At least if he leaves, I'll still have proof that he loved me once.

Helena curled up and rested her head on his chest that night. His heartbeat acting as a soothing lullaby. They were both too tired to do much more than cuddle and sleep. It wasn't long before Helena drifted off, content to be in her lover's arms for at least one more night.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~♡~~

As the sun rose the next morning, Helena also woke. She traced her finger across the contours of Mateo's chest, as tears slowly filled her eyes. Today was the day. She knew that she had to tell him. It couldn't wait any longer. Once she did, however, she knew that everything would change. Mateo wasn't someone who had ever intended to let himself be tied down again. The fact that he had let her in at all was a miracle, especially after the stunt she had pulled with Theo. She couldn't believe how careless they had been that night, brought on by the heat of their passion. But now there was no denying it.

Helena tried to dry the tears from her eyes as she felt Mateo begin to stir from under her. She had to tell him, but that didn't mean she wanted to do it the instant he woke up. She tried to hide her upset, struggling to contain her emotions. She felt nauseated, and not just because of the baby. Why did it have to happen now?

@ Mateo Sanz

The night before had floored almost everyone in the camp. Having Ares there had thrown off a balance in the camp too. It didn't really bother Mateo as much; he had had pulled Lena a little closer to him that night. He didn't want her to freak out and he was there so there was that. However, he was curious as to what the god had wanted to say to his children. Oh, to be a fly on the wall to that. Something was coming and he wasn't sure what it was, but having a god come down, that wasn't part of the camp, meant something was coming, and he would be lying to your face if he said that he wasn't that scared about what was going to happen later. He had Lena to think about right now, and speaking of her, she had been a little quiet as well. Something was off with her, but he didn't want to push whatever it was out of her at the moment. He would just let it go for the night, since everything had happened already. That night he had fallen to sleep to the sounds of her small breaths. 

_________

Mateo was having a strange dream something happened to Lean and he was freaking out because he couldn't get to her in time. Which was causing him to stir awake. He blinked his eyes opened a couple times, when he felt Lena on him still. He let out the small bit of air that he was holding in his lungs when he glanced down to look at her. Something was wrong with her. Her eyes said it all. He dropped his head back to his pillow and sighed a little. "What's wrong?" he said as he closed his eyes a little, not sure what was going through her head at all. It wasn't that he didn't care, it was more that it was too early in the morning for her to be awake and crying about something. So, he might as well get it all over with and done now. 

Helena hadn't expected Mateo to wake so quickly. She had done her best to try and hide her emotions, but he had caught her efforts to dry her eyes. She could hear the exasperation in his voice already, and she hadn't even told him anything yet. She could feel her panic deepening. If he's already upset, this isn't going to make him happier. Lena thought to herself. She knew that she had to tell him, it had already gone far too long without her telling him. But the fear was growing within her. "I... It's not wrong exactly. It's just... hard to tell you." Helena began.

Helena sat herself up, straightening her back to look at his face. Not looking at him would have been safer. It would have spared her some pain to not see his reaction the second he told her. But she knew that if she didn't, she might regret it in the future. Knowing his true feelings about what she was about to tell him was the only way forward. Still, it didn't make it easy.

"I know I've been a little strange lately. A little more... distant than I normally am." Helena hadn't gone quite so far as to avoid Mateo. She still spent time with him, sought him out, and did everything she could with him once her morning sickness subsided every day. However, she had definitely been quieter and less chatty then normal. Her mind had been preoccupied with so many worries and fears. Whenever he would ask, she would find a way to brush it off and force herself to be more attentive and cheerful. "There's really no delicate way to say this. But I promise there was a reason..."

You're making it sound like you cheated on him. Hurry up, idiot! "Remember that night that we made everything official and I spent the night with in your cabin? Do you happen to remember us ever putting on protection?" Lena chewed her lip nervously. They hadn't. She knew they hadn't because of her present condition. Usually they were very careful when they were intimate. But that night their passion had consumed them. "We... we didn't. And you... you finished..." Helena couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence so she just made gestures with her hand to indicate what she was trying to say. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. You're pregnant Helena, you really should be able to talk about sex. She chided herself.

"Anyway... my period never came. And I started getting sick a few days before my birthday. And Evie made me take the stupid test when I told her. And..." Helena started crying again, unable to hold the tears back. She refused to let it impact her voice though. After a few breaths, she said, "I'm... I'm... I'm pregnant."

His eyes stayed close for a moment as he listened to what she was saying. There was nothing wrong yet here she was crying in his room. Something was wrong and she didn't want to admit it to him. Now, the only thing was what he had to do to get it out of her. "Hard to tell me?" He muttered and shook his head while opening his eyes. What was so hard that she had to tell him. It couldn't be that bad. However, thoughts had run through his mind. What ifs and what had she done to cause her self to feel like she couldn't tell him anything. Honestly, He had changed for the better, or that was what he was hoping he was doing. But apparently it wasn't working. He sighed and rolled to his side, propping his head up on his hand as she sat up in the bed. His eyes still had sleep in them, and he was ready to just fall back to sleep but he was going to play nice with her at the moment. 

She brought up the fact that she had been a little strange lately. He had noticed that but figured it was her getting older or something. He didn't really think much of it at all. It was like he was changing, she could be changing too, and the fact that he didn't mind her changing that much. If he had, he would have already had been talking to her about the way that she was acting. However, her next statement made his eyebrow raise. What was she getting at, at the moment. What had she done. His mind was once again wondering around the whole circle of things. Did she cheat on him. He would throw her away like he did with Megan. He wouldn't give it a second thought. Levi being his friend be damned by that point. There would be no forgiving her at that point. It was a red line of his he wouldn't be putting up with it. 

He didn't say anything at all, just waited for her to say something. Which probably made her feel like he didn't care, but he really wanted to know what the hell was going on with what she was saying. She might as well get it over with at the moment. He wanted to clear the space. However, it turned to something else when she brought up the night that they had made things official. He let his head hit the pillow and thought about it at the moment. He was so caught up in his own emotions that he didn't remember putting on anything. FUCK! His head snapped to her, and he watched her curiously as he waited for her to tell him what he was dreading at the moment. 

She did the motions and he fought himself from laughing at her because she was old enough to talk about sex, however, this wasn't a laughing matter. The next words that she said he listened very carefully to. Her birthday... that was two months ago... a test. Which there was only one test one would take for missing a period...and then BAM! The words hit him. Knocking the air right out of his chest. He had gotten her pregnant. His world was spinning, and he hadn't said a word to her. His eyes moved from her to look up at the wall. He shot out of bed and brought himself to the edge of the bed. He muttered a spell to put the room in total silence. So no one would hear what was getting ready to be said. "You're pregnant..." he muttered out thinking about what he had done. He was shocked still but what was sticking with him was the fact that she had been holding this for over two months. He jumped up to his feet and spun to her. "AND you thought that keeping this from me for TWO fucking months was a good idea!" he yelled out into the room. Scare her or hurt her feelings be damned right now. "What if I don't want this huh?" He said to her looking her dead in the face. "You gave me no choice in it at all, you just decided for yourself that you were going to keep it huh." he started to pace his room not looking at her in those moments. He was pissed. He didn't want to hear what kind of excuse that she was going to give him at that moment. He spun to her once last time before he frowned at her. "I don't want to be a dad." he told her in a pointed tone.

Helena watched as Mateo's face went from almost sleeping, to wide awake, to panic, to anger. She had anticipated this. Him projecting, making it her fault, lashing out. It was part of what had kept her from telling him. That and the fear that he would just turn around and walk away from her. There was no going back now, though. The words had been spoken. "I didn't want to wait. But I was scared Mateo." She bit her lower lip. "I'm only 17 Mateo..." Sure, she had always been mature for her age. Even though both Evie and Levi were older than her, she tended to be the rational and level headed one of the house. But no matter how mature she acted, she was still just a kid herself.

As soon as he mentioned that she gave him no choice in the matter, Helena rolled her eyes. Her own temper and anger flared at that point. "If you don't want children, maybe you should be more careful. But from what I remember it took two of us to make this baby, but it's still my body. My choice." The one thing she wasn't going to stand was letting him tell her what she should or should not do with her own body. Her own child. "But sure, let's make this about you. Nobody's forcing you to be a Dad, Mateo. If you want to walk, you know where the door is. But I'm not going to give up a child that was conceived out of love. Whether you're ready to admit it or not."

Her temper subsided, and Helena continued. "I'm sure you believe otherwise, but didn't keep it from you to be malicious or to trap you. I kept it from you because I was afraid. Afraid of you leaving. But you're going to anyway, right? Nothing I can do to stop that now... At least I got to have a few happy months with you..." Could she have told him sooner? Sure. She had been trying to figure out how. But every conversation she planned in her mind seemed to end up like this. "I'm not convinced telling you sooner would have changed anything. You were going to leave either way." Silent tears ran down her cheeks. She couldn't contain them, but she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of watching her break down. She could save that for when she was safely back in her room in Cabin 10.

Mateo wanted to scream out loud, but he only done so in his head. For a second. "You're right, you're only 17 years old." what the hell had he thought. Nothing apparently. He was too busy thinking with his dick. He wanted to put his head through a wall at the moment. "Scared doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell me, we could have gone through this together." he said to her, his voice not that quiet now. He was mad, sure, he was more than that. However, the word that he was wasn't coming to him at the moment. 

He threw up his hands when she started with the whole my body thing. She was right, he should have been careful with what he was doing. "Wonderful, just fucken wonderful." He spit out as he paced the room getting as far away from her as he could at this moment. He was pissed and he didn't want to be around her at the moment, but she was in his room. He walked over to the closet and grabbed a shirt and pants and began putting them on, because he was going to be leaving this room. She could stay in it all she wanted to and think about what was going on, he needed to walk. 

He turned to her when she started speaking again, as he pulled the shirt over his shoulders and down his stomach. "Love right." he said once again as he put one leg in his pants. "Passion maybe I wouldn't call that love." he said rolling his eyes. He had no family, and this would mean that she and this baby would now be his family. He didn't know how to treat them. He had nothing to go by. Hell, his mom didn't want him, nor his dad. So, there was that. He learned from the best. 

He finally he got his pants on and he sighed looking at her. "Right." He said to her. "Because telling me in the morning knowing I'm not a morning person was the best time." he glared at her for a moment before going to the mirror and brushing his hair back with his fingers. "It would have been different if you would have told me if I was up and going already Helena." he told her. "Hell, I might have been excited if I knew before now. I was supposed to be the next person to know not the last person to know about this before the whole damn camp finds out." he said to her. He hated this. He hated fighting, him and Megan did it all the time. He hated it. It reminded him of those times, it reminded him of why he didn't need to be with anyone at the moment. He blew out some breath and looked away from her this time trying to not get into his feelings, because oh they were big. He didn't know how to handle them at all. "You're right." he said in a soft voice.."You always have to be right about everything." He told her while shaking his head, tears were starting to come to his eyes, he wouldn't let them fall though. "I'm leaving now." he said. "I wouldn't have if you would have told me sooner but now, I get to look like the joke of the whole camp whose GIRLFIREND decided to not tell him about his child that she is carrying." he walked over to the door and put his hand on it. Did he want her to tell him to stay, would he if she asked him to, begged him too. He knew that he would do everything for this girl, and that was what scared him more than anything. 

Helena balled her fists and squeezed her nails into her palms to try and keep herself from saying things she would regret. Her mood had been all over the place lately, and the last thing she wanted to do was push him further away. She wanted to beg him to stay, not to leave. But she didn't think it would make a difference. He was angry. "I was scared you would leave, Mateo. Made it pretty hard to tell you..." She bit her lip. The small amounts of pain from her nails and teeth on her skin were enough to help keep her grounded in the moment. It wasn't much, but she was doing everything she could to keep this from getting worse. "It is love, Mateo. Even if you won't say it. I know it when I feel it. I'm Aphrodite's daughter." She knew what she felt, and she knew it was real. She knew that even now, as angry as he clearly was, Mateo loved her. But her own emotions were spinning out of control thanks to the hormones in her system. Helena struggled to maintain her composure.

Each article of clothing that Mateo put on sent a pang of anxiety coursing through her. Helena's words became hurried and less thought out as her anxiety took over. "You asked! YOU ASKED WHAT WAS WRONG!" She couldn't hold back her tears. They flowed freely down her cheeks. "I don't want to be right Mateo. I want to be wrong. Please, prove me wrong. Please, stay." Helena cried out. "You can show me what an idiot I was for being scared. You can stick around." She didn't think her words would work. She deliberately chose them so that they weren't commands. With her emotions high like this, she didn't trust herself not to accidentally use her gift unintentionally.

She watched as he finished putting his clothes on. He's leaving. She could feel the panic building in her chest. She felt like she was going to fall completely apart. Tears streamed down her face as she watched everything that she had worked so hard for over the last few months start crumbling away before her. The life she thought they could have, falling just beyond her reach once more. Helena's breathing became uneven, as the panic began to set in. "Please, don't leave me..." She said softly, begging. She knew she could make him stay, make him turn around. It would only take just a small amount of effort. But she didn't want him like that. She didn't want to use her Charmspeak to keep him. If that was what it would take, then he was gone anyway. So instead, she just hoped that her pleas would reach him. "Please... I love you... I'm... sorry." Each word more quiet than the last as her tears welled within her. The instant he turned the corner, the floodgates would break and she would be a sobbing mess. She knew it. She finally confessed how she felt, openly and honestly, and it was going to be too late. She could feel it in her bones.

What was it now. Would he have left if she would have out right and told him that she was having his child? He would like to say that he doubted it. He would have been a little more level headed but of course he was still half asleep in the moment. Not really listening to rassional words. She was scared too, he didn't care, he knew that he had to do something. He needed to do something and the best thing that he could think of was going walking. He needed that at the moment. He needed to wake up and get things going in his mind again. Maybe going to talk to his best friend would do the trick. Surely he would be able to help out with his emotions that were going on at the moment. He rolled his eyes when she told him that it was love. Yeah, maybe he loved her but he still wasn't ready to take that step just yet. He dind't want that to be part of them. Not right yet. He still had time to heal him from everything that happened with the last girl that he had thought loved him. 

He put on his clothes and got down to his socks and sat on the bed to put them on. She brought up the fact that he had asked what was wrong and he shot her a look. "Obviously. When you're girlfriend is trying to stop herself from fucking crying while in bed, what boyfriend wouldn't ask what was wrong.. did you want me to just ignore you?" he questioned her curiously. Honestly, he was trying to be the best boy friend that he could be but she was making it really hard if that was the only thing that she could come up with at the moment to be mad about. He was trying to be the boyfriend that she needed or rather wanted. It was hard for him to get that. He placed his second sock on and stood up looking for his shoes. He did need to take a walk. It would depend on how the talk went with Levi on rather or not he would stay or not. He wanted to prove her wrong. He honestly did. But he was hurting himself. He wanted to be the second peron that found out. Hell, if not the third person to know since it was her sister that gave her the test to do. He would be able to live with that, but she had waited months to tell him and he wasn't having it at the moment. So he ignored her pleding, even if it felt wrong to do so. 

The next words came out as begs for her. He felt it in his bones. He felt that he was doing something wrong. He wanted to stay with her. He wanted to help her with everything in him, but his body was moving on it's own. He didn't know what he was doing. Going for a walk that was what he thought he was doing. He stepped around the corner outside of his room when he heard her say that she loved him. Shit! He crused himself for a moment before walking away from her all together. Where was his best friend when he needed him.

"No! I don't want you to ignore me. But I don't exactly want you to get mad at me when I answer your questions either!" She spat out before she could stop herself. More clothing went on. Before she knew it, Mateo was completely out the door, and she was there holding onto the frame like an idiot, waiting for him. Tears began to fall down her face as she watched her nightmare come to fruition. Mateo was leaving her. Pregnant and alone, just like she had been afraid of. She fell to her knees and began sobbing into her hands.

~End RP~

Important Information

Terms of Use