bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

What a cute belly bump

Novalie was wondering around the camp when she finally had nothing do, not even Liam needed her to be around which sucked because she wanted to be near someone. However, she just retreated to her cabin like the good little girl she was. Waving at people who called out to her as she went. Once she entered the cabin, she noticed that Helena was sitting on one of the couches reading. As she looked closer it was a pregnancy book. A small smile creeped to her face as she walked over and snuggled up against her older sister. "Hey Lena." she grinned happy as she read a couple lines in the book herself. "So, what all have you found out?" She questioned her about the book. Helena was now what now almost three months. She was excited to be an auntie. The baby was going to be beauty. Because of her mother, maybe a little brooding because of the father but who was talking about that ass right now. She had heard that he had left her here. What her sister seen in him she didn't know. She guessed people could say the same thing about her and the things going on with Liam too. 

@ Helena L'Amour

Edited by Novalie Abrams

Helena had been quietly reading on the couch. In the week since Mateo had left, she pretty much spent all her time either reading or on the beach in her favorite spot. Our spot. Helena had the ridiculous idea that if he truly loved her, as she felt he did, that Mateo would find his way back to her and apologize. And she figured that if he wanted to find her, the two places he would look first would be her cabin or their spot on the beach. She would give him until the baby was born to figure things out. After all, she knew that the baby was going to be a surprise and that Mateo struggled with commitment. If he came back before then and apologized, she would forgive him. After all, she loved him. However, if he couldn't bring himself to make amends before their child was born, Helena wasn't going to wait for him. She wouldn't love again, she knew that, always had. But she would move forward with a smile, for their child.

It was in the middle of thinking about this, and reading about her pregnancy, that her sister came over. Helena rolled her eyes as Novalie cuddled up to her and asked what she'd learned. "Nothing I didn't already know. I'm going to be as big as a house, moody, and should probably talk to an Apollo kid..." Helena crinkled her nose at the last one. It wasn't that she disliked children of Apollo. Generally, she got along with them rather well, to be honest. But right now she didn't really want to talk to anyone at camp that wasn't one of her siblings. She felt like they were the only people who weren't gossiping about her. "Also I need new pants already..." She wrinkled up her nose again. "These are starting to get tight."

"Apparently it's the size of a pea pod right now." Helena said as she flipped the page.

Nova noticed the eye roll and kind of moved away from her sister a little. She didn't want to be caught in the cross fires of whatever mood the baby wanted her to be in at the moment. She also blamed Mateo for everything at the moment. Damn him and her love for him. She shook her head and smiled a little at her complaining. "But you cant wait to see the little bean." she told her sister with a sing song kind of voice. She wanted her sister out of her mood. Honestly, she needed her to think about something other than that. "Are you craving anything yet?" she asked. "Anything I can get you?" she would do anything for her older sister. Well, she would do anything for any of her siblings. She watched her a little closer and smiled at her when she said something about getting new pants. "Maybe we can ask Levi to go out and get you some." she told her, "It's not like he could mess that up." he was one of them right, but again he was a boy so who really knew. Lena seemed to be wrinkling her nose a little to much and she couldn't help but think she looked cute doing it. "A cute little pea." She said with a grin on her face as she moved to sit on her knees, facing her sister. "So what are you wanting, or are you the I don't care as long as it's healthy type?" 

Helena sighed softly. "I'm okay with waiting..." Waiting meant that Mateo had time to come to his senses and return to her. There was still a chance that she wouldn't have to raise this child alone. Helena already loved her baby, she would have made the same decision a thousand times over, even if it meant losing Mateo as many times. Still, for the baby's sake as well as her own, she hoped that the father would come around and want to be in their lives.

"Not really craving anything yet, but my boobs hurt." Helena whined. "It's like being on your period all the time but without the mess..." She groaned a bit. There wasn't really much anything could do for her yet. Things were still really early along, so once she got over her morning sickness, things were mostly pretty easy. "I mean... I guess I'm getting more breakouts. If you really want, I could use a facial, but that seems like a lot to ask." Helena chewed her lip. She wasn't used to relying on her siblings yet. She loved them, but they had never really been the most reliable bunch of kids. The Aphrodite cabin was known for producing a lot of people who tended to let their hormones get the better of them, rather than reliable and steadfast support. So when the whole cabin banded together to support Helena, she just about cried from being overwhelmed by their love and support.

"I suppose I'm the 'as long as it's healthy' kind of girl. Whatever it is, it will be loved with everything I have to give it." Helena pressed her hand gently over the small bump in her belly. It was barely noticeable, and mostly just looked like she was a little bloated, but it was there. Our baby.

Nova smiled some as her sister said that she was okay with waiting. She wasn't sure if she would be able to wait as long as she had to if she ended up having a baby as well. It would be crazy for her. Novalie didn't like waiting anyways. It was something that she didn't like. She wanted things then and there, but she was sure that she had gotten that from her mother.

Nova was pretty attentive with Helena. She wanted to make sure that she was okay. She had asked about cravings, and she said nothing happened yet and she smiled a little. "Well, I'm sure that is going to come soon, then well have to go out and get you those things." She giggled a little at the thought of making her brothers go do things for their pregnant sister. Would they do that for her? Surely. Nova couldn't help but grab her own boobs at the thought of them hurting. "Ow." she muttered for a second then her eyes widened a little as she listened to her sister talk about how it felt like she was on her period all the time. The younger girl made a face, not at all liking that fact. She shook her head a little and sighed but not before getting up off the couch and raising her arms in the air. "I don't mind giving you a facial." She told her sister. "Hold on and let me go get my stuff. My dad went and got me some new things to try out, maybe they will do you wonders." She said as she bounced on her feet for a moment before rushing off to get her stuff in her room. It took a little bit to grab everything, but Nova was soon back with a basket filled with facial things. "Now," She started as she pulled the table closer to the couch and sat down with a pillow on her lap. "Lay your head right here." she said patting the pillow with a smile. 

The conversation went and she smiled a little. "Well, I would wanna know." the young teen said. Though she couldn't say that she envied Helena at the moment. Her baby daddy wasn't someone that she would like to have. Matter of fact, she had heard that he had left the camp. Ms. Lilythe even let him go. She couldn't believe it. If she was in the shoes as Lilythe she would at most make him go back and tell her sister that she was sorry about everything that he had said. She huffed a little. Maybe she was getting mad at the whole matter, and it really didn't have anything to do with her. She sighed a little and hummed. Waiting for her sister to lay down. She grabbed some makeup remover, just in case her sister had some on. Got to start off with a plain face. "So, have you been down to the beach?" She questioned her sister a little. Trying to get them off talking about the baby and her sister to stop thinking about the asshole that had left her.  "So I kind of have this crush and I'm not sure what to do with it..." she began to talk to her sister. 

Helena grimaced as Novalie said she was sure that the cravings would come soon. She wasn't sure which would have more power over her. The child growing inside her, or the broken heart. At the moment, she ate because she knew she needed to for the baby, but she didn't really feel hungry. It was a conscious choice not to starve herself because she knew the baby needed her to eat. She wondered if the hormones kicking in would produce a strong enough desire for food that she could crave something. Part of her hoped it did. While she had always known that her heart would break if Mateo left, she hadn't realized just how devastating it would feel. This is worse than when I never had him at all... She thought miserably to herself.

Sitting and waiting for Novalie to go grab her things, Helena chewed gently on her lip and lost herself to thought. It happened more and more these days, her going back to her old, introverted and avoidant self. She hadn't realized how much her desire to impress Mateo had made her grow and change into someone more outgoing and less socially anxious. Without that urge to push past her natural inclinations, Helena found herself once more the quiet girl in the corner. Only speaking to her siblings unless someone approached her.

She tried to put on a brave face when her sister came back. Everyone in Cabin 10 had been incredibly supportive, and she tried her best to show them how appreciative she was. With a gentle smile, she laid her head on Novalie's lap. "Thanks Nova." Her voice showing sincerity. "I truly am grateful." Say what you wanted about Aphrodite children, but they appreciated love in all its forms. That included family. They were some of the best people to have around you during times like this.

Closing her eyes, she let Novalie run the makeup remover soaked pads over her face. There wasn't any to remove, but the soft touch of the pads and the quick evaporation of the cleaner against her skin helped cool her down a bit. She always felt so hot these days. "I'm usually at the beach when I'm not here. It's where he first spoke to me. So... maybe he'll look for me there again. I know it's silly, but..." She sighed. "I wouldn't be me if I didn't wait for him."

Keeping her eyes closed, as Novalie continued to work on her, Helena listened as her sister spoke. A crush? Run girl... The jaded part of her thought. But Helena forced that thought aside and tried to remind herself that she, too, was once a girl with just a crush and that her sister deserved to have hope and faith in love still. "Oh? Who is it?" While Aphrodite children couldn't psychically know who people crushed on, they could make informed guesses easily enough if they paid attention. They could feel when others felt love, and as such if they paid attention they could eventually put two and two together if the emotion spiked every time a certain individual walked in the room. However, Helena hadn't left the cabin, so she hadn't really noticed her sister developing the crush at all. It tugged at her and made her feel a little guilty for not being as attentive to her siblings as they were being to her lately.

Important Information

Terms of Use