bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

We Could Be A Possibility

January 2022

Willow sat had been avoiding anywhere that was public since her trip out to New York. She had even managed to convince some of her siblings to bring her food back to the cabin. But after a talk with her friend, Samantha, she realized that she couldn't keep hiding. It was insane to hide away from the possibility of love just because she might get hurt. After a few days of reflection and moping over the fact that she had kissed him abruptly, Willow finally decided to step out of her cabin.

The one benefit to having made a fool of herself and shutting herself in the cabin was that she had plenty of time to write music. And nothing inspires a song like feeling like an idiot. Grabbing her guitar, Willow headed over to the Amphitheater. It had some of the best acoustics in the entire camp, and she wanted to hear how her newest song sounded when played somewhere that was meant for a performance.

Despite it being the middle of winter, it was sunny. That was one of the benefits of Camp Half-Blood, it was pretty much always sunny unless the gods decided otherwise. She was happy to feel the breeze blowing through her hair once more. The walk was peaceful and she began to feel more and more like her old self with each step. I suppose I really am connected to the sun. She thought to herself. So as she arrived at the Amphitheater, Willow found herself a nice warm spot, in direct sunlight, to sit and play.

• Like 1

Killian had noticed Willow's absence around camp lately and couldn't help but feel concerned. They hadn't really spoken since the kiss at Christmas, and he wondered if he had somehow messed things up between them. He knew he had strong feelings for her, but he wasn't sure how to express them or even if he should. After all, he didn't want to risk their friendship, which meant the world to him. As he walked around camp, trying to clear his head, he spotted Willow in the distance, heading towards the Amphitheater with her guitar. A mixture of relief and nervousness filled him, but he knew he couldn't keep avoiding the situation.

Taking a deep breath, Killian decided to follow Willow and confront his feelings. As he approached the Amphitheater, he hesitated for a moment, listening to the beautiful melody that Willow was playing. He couldn't help but feel his heart swell with affection for her, as the music seemed to capture the essence of everything he admired about her. Gathering his courage, Killian stepped into the Amphitheater and slowly made his way towards Willow, trying to figure out what he should say.

"Hey, Willow," Killian called out softly, not wanting to startle her. "That song you're playing... it's incredible. You never cease to amaze me with your talent." He took a seat nearby, leaving some distance between them but still close enough to show he wanted to be there. Unsure of how to broach the subject of their unresolved feelings, Killian decided to start with something more lighthearted. "I've missed your music around camp lately, you know. It's like a piece of sunshine has been missing," he said with a small smile, hoping to convey his genuine concern for her well-being without overwhelming her.

It was almost as if on cue, Killian's voice rang out into the amphitheater as she finished her song. Somehow she knew that he would be the one to find her. Even if she had hoped that she would have a little more time before having to have this conversation. Her friend, Samantha, had talked her into giving Killian a chance. That didn't make it any less scary to let him know how she felt. Especially since she wasn't sure that his intentions were, at all, genuine. Willow was still very much afraid that Killian's attention and interest in her were conditional upon her not having interest in him and that once she gave in, he would disappear. And for some reason, the idea that she was right bothered her more than the possibility that she could be wrong about him. In fact, she almost hoped she was wrong.

Blushing at his compliments, Willow turned to look at him. She still didn't believe that his flattery was anything more than that. Still, he was the only person who had ever taken the time to notice her in that way, and she couldn't pretend like the compliments had no impact on her. "I've missed you too, Killian." She said, honestly. "I'm not sure when but you became a pretty big part of my days here."

Her heart pounded in her chest with the anxiety she began to feel. The last time she saw Killian, her lips had been against his and then in an instant she ran away. How was she supposed to explain her behavior? There were no words that could really justify it. She would have to have a real and open conversation with him about her feelings and her fears. She would have to be vulnerable and let him possibly break her heart by being exactly who she feared he was. But you'll never know if you don't try. And love is always going to be a risk. She thought to herself, thinking back on the conversation between her and Samantha. She didn't know how to broach the subject with him. There was no tactful way to start it, and Willow was fairly sure that if she didn't do it now, she would talk herself out of it again. Her music had always done the best at conveying her emotions and thoughts. Maybe it could do it this time too. The song was written about him, after all. "You heard my song, right?" She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before looking at him. "Are you?"

• Like 1

Killian's heart was pounding in his chest as Willow admitted that she had missed him too. There was an honesty in her words that made him hopeful, but also afraid, afraid of the vulnerability that was required to express his feelings. Yet, there was no turning back now. He had made his decision, and he would see it through. He could only hope that his actions and words would show her that his intentions were genuine, that he truly cared for her. "Willow," he began, his voice a little shaky, "I...you've become a significant part of my days too."

Her next question took him by surprise, and he could feel his heart rate quicken even more. 'Am I what?' he wanted to ask outloud, his brows furrowing in confusion. He had listened to her song, enraptured by the melody and the emotions that seemed to pour out of it. Was there a deeper meaning he hadn't understood? He replayed the lyrics in his mind, trying to figure out what she could be asking.

Killian remembered the lyrics of her song, the depth of emotions it conveyed, the sense of longing and uncertainty. And suddenly, it clicked. He was the one she was singing about! The thought was both terrifying and exhilarating. His mind raced as he struggled to find the right words to respond. He was a man of action, not words, but he knew this was not a time for hesitation. "I..." he started, his voice barely a whisper. His mind was a whirl of thoughts and emotions. "Willow, if you're asking if I'm the one your song is about... someone who cares about you, who admires you, who misses you when you're not around, who worries about you... then, yes, I am." His voice was firm now, the words spoken with a sincerity that left no room for doubt. "Because that's how I feel about you, Willow. I have for a while now." Killian paused, swallowing hard. "And I'm sorry if I've made you feel like my intentions were anything but genuine." He knew his bad rap had gotten him in trouble in this situation as he wasn't the type of man who would stay but have his fun and go. His eyes starred deeply at her as he wanted to say so much more. 

To Willow, it felt like an eternity had lapsed before Killian answered her question. In reality, it had likely only been a couple minutes. And, in all honesty, the fact that she had gotten a response that quickly when the news had clearly been surprising to him, if the look on his face was any indication, was a miracle. Willow chewed softly on her lower lip as she waited and heard him out. She stood there, silently, guitar in her hand as she listened to his words. The entire time that Killian had been flirting with her, Willow had written it off as his nature. She hadn't stopped and considered the possibility that any of it might be genuine. Or rather, she had, but that idea had been even more terrifying because it meant that she would have to put herself out there to see if things worked, so she had rejected the very thought on the spot and dismissed it as ridiculous. But that's where she stood now, exactly where she thought she had no chance of being. Whatever she said next would decide whether she decided to take the dive and hope he would catch her, or hide back in the safety of keeping her feelings to herself.

Willow stood there with her guitar in her hand, unmoving, as she began to speak. Afraid that if she started to move she would either run towards him, or run away. And she wasn't sure which direction her feet would take her, yet. "It's nothing you did to me." SHe said honestly. "I'm not trying to be hurtful, but you deserve my honesty. I'm sure you know what your reputation is." She chewed her lip softly. "I'm not the kind of girl that takes a lot of risks, especially with her heart. I can count on one hand the number of people I've kissed. Which now includes you." She blushed as she said it aloud. Remembering their brief kiss in New York City, once more. "This whole time I thought that you were just this charming with everyone." She confessed. "I wasn't ready to believe that you might actually have feelings for me." She started to tear up because she realized that she had been an idiot and had been pushing him away this whole time when she could have been genuinely trying to see where things might go. "I thought that, given your reputation, you'd get bored in a week. And then when you didn't I figured it wouldn't last the month. But then it did, and I decided it was just because you thought I was a challenge and that if I gave in I'd just become another girl who fell for that charm of yours..." Tears gently streamed down her face now. "And now I'm standing here realizing that it's my own prejudice that might have gotten in the way this whole time. Killian, if you tell me that I was wrong. That those words you said just now aren't just something you tell every girl. That you want something real with me... I'll believe you."

Her next move hinged on Killian's response. She felt like she was cemented into the floor of the amphitheater, but with one tiny tap of the chisel she would be set free. If he said what she was desperate to hear, that nothing he said was untrue and that he wanted to be with her in a real and meaningful way, then she knew that she would run to him. But her anxiety and fear that she had put herself out there, only to get hurt, also had her ready to bolt back to the Apollo cabin. "Just tell me I'm not crazy for believing we could be something..." Her eyes implored him to answer honestly.

• Like 1

Killian felt a tightening in his chest as he listened to Willow's heartfelt confession. Her words echoed the same fears he had felt – the fear of rejection, the fear of being perceived as insincere. He could see the tears running down her face, the raw vulnerability in her eyes, and it pierced him to the core. "Willow," he murmured, swallowing hard, his own voice threatening to betray the strong wave of emotion coursing through him. "I… I can't change my past or my reputation. I can't change who I was, or what I've done. But… I want you to know… I want to be different for you." His words hung in the air for a moment, the sincerity ringing in his voice. He knew that his reputation did not work in his favor. But he had never felt this way before - this earnest desire to be better, to be worthy of someone like Willow. He took a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing, "It's true that I'm… that I can be charming, and it's also true that I've had my fun. But I've never felt this way before, not about anyone."

Killian looked into Willow's eyes, his own reflecting the honesty and intensity of his feelings. "I don't want you to be just another girl, Willow. I want something real with you, something more than I've ever wanted with anyone else." He paused, taking a deep breath, "I care about you, Willow, more than I thought I could care about anyone. You're not just a challenge or a conquest. You're... you're Willow, the girl who has somehow managed to change the way I see the world." There was a moment of silence as he let his words sink in. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest, the anxiety and anticipation threatening to overwhelm him. But he forced himself to stay calm, to meet Willow's gaze steadily, his eyes filled with earnestness and hope. "You're not crazy, Willow," he said quietly, his voice soft yet firm. "We could be something... something real. Something good. If you're willing to take a chance on me... I promise, I won't let you down."

He... wants something real. Not once during the entire course of their interactions did Willow think that she would actually hear Killian telling her that he was sincere in his interests. That he, one of the most notorious playboys at camp, wanted to settle down with her of all people. His words acted as the chisel to loosen her feet from the amphitheater floor. In an instant she set her guitar against the amp that was sitting there, unused, and her feet carried her over to him. Closing the gap with each step she ran over to him.

Before long she was next to him, arms flung around him. She buried her face against his chest before slowly looking up at him. Willow chewed her lip as Killian wiped away her tear. He was so kind and sweet. It was hard to imagine that she had ever wanted to resist him, resist this. She found herself wondering what was wrong with her that she had someone so wonderful right before her, and her whole goal lately had been to avoid him. What is wrong with you?

He dropped his hand from her cheek and Willow found that she missed it, instantly. She reached her own hand down and grabbed his. "Killian..." She blushed and squeezed his hand with hers. This was the man that had been by her side the last few months. The man who, in spite of his own feelings for her, always made sure to support her hesitance to start a relationship, even when it broke his heart to do so. This was the man who, since meeting her, had put her happiness above his own. Willow did not doubt that he cared for her. And the more he spoke, the harder it became to ignore her own feelings for him. Then, without thinking, on complete impulse, Willow found herself moving, as if in slow motion, to kiss him. She pressed her lips to his softly. Killian's lips felt warm and soft against hers. His scruff scratched at her soft skin, but she didn't mind. As she pulled away, she blushed bright red.

After a brief pause, Willow spoke. "I want to take things slow... I'm still not sure that I trust you won't lose interest." She chewed on her lip again, nervously. "I want to, though. I just need some time I think. Is that okay with you? To take things slow, I mean."

• Like 1

Killian's heart raced as Willow's arms wrapped around him, her tear-streaked face against his chest. He could feel her emotions, her uncertainty, and her vulnerability in that tight embrace. He held her gently, his own arms encircling her, offering a silent reassurance that he was there for her. He met her gaze as she looked up at him, her eyes filled with a mixture of shyness and hope. He squeezed her hand in return, his fingers intertwining with hers, the touch grounding him in the moment. Her touch was like an electric current, sending warmth and comfort through his body, erasing any doubts he had about his own feelings.

As Willow's lips met his in a soft, impulsive kiss, Killian's heart skipped a beat. He felt a rush of emotions surge within him – a mix of tenderness, longing, and a newfound sense of possibility. The kiss was a testament to the connection they shared, a connection that he had been yearning to explore further. He could taste her uncertainty in the kiss, her hesitance and yet her willingness to give this a chance. It was as if in that moment, their lips were speaking a language of their own, saying all the things that words couldn't convey.

When Willow pulled away, her blush only made her more endearing in his eyes. He listened to her words, her request to take things slow, and he nodded, his thumb gently brushing against the back of her hand. "Willow," he began softly, his gaze locked onto hers, "I'll wait for as long as it takes. I want you to feel comfortable and secure. You're worth every moment of patience." He leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, a gesture filled with tenderness and understanding. "We'll take it one step at a time, at your pace. Just know that I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

Relief washed over her as she heard Killian confirm that he would wait as long as she needed. She hadn't realized the anxiety she would feel simply asking that of him. To be honest, she hadn't really given herself time to process any of the emotions she was feeling right now. She was simply letting them run her course of action. It was impulsive, it was reckless, but she had wasted several months now trying to keep things in the realm of safety. And it hadn't worked. So it was time to let her impulsivity and emotions win.

His lips on her forehead were soothing and intimate. It simultaneously served as a balm to stave away what was left of her nerves, as well as kindling to spark something more. She lifted her head and kissed Killian again, this time with more passion than before, though still nothing in comparison to what she felt. Resisting Killian had been an impossible task. Now she could only hope that giving in to him would be the answer that she needed. Once again she felt the sparks that she had felt that day when she kissed him after the sleigh ride. Okay, Aphrodite. You win. She thought to herself. I choose him.

Slowly, she pulled her lips from his and blushed. "I... I just wanted to see what it would be like to do it on purpose this time." The kiss after the sleigh had been charged with an equal level of uncertainty and passion. It hadn't been intentional though. At least, not wholly. This time she did it because she had actively decided to. She wanted to. And that made all the difference.

Realizing she should probably have a discussion with him about the parameters of their new arrangement, Willow began to disentangle herself from his arms. "So... we should talk about how this is going to work, yeah?" She said, and slowly made her way to the edge of the apmhitheater's stage and sat down. Patting the spot beside her so that Killian could sit next to her, she waited for him to join before continuing. "I don't know that I'm comfortable calling it a relationship just yet. But we can be 'dating' if that's okay with you." It was a large ask, because she knew that she personally felt like that meant he shouldn't be seeing other girls, but she wasn't aware of relationship dynamics enough to know that she should clarify that. "It's just that... I know that the title 'girlfriend' comes with certain expectations and I don't want to feel like I'm leading you on. I'd rather use that word when I'm sure I'm ready to hold up to all the expectations that come with it. But I'm not trying to hide things, either. I'm happy to hold your hand, kiss you, and hug you in public. And I want to go on dates where we can really get to know one another." Willow chewed on her lip again, hoping that Killian would understand. It probably came across that she was worried about sex. That was, definitely, part of it. But really she was afraid of the words 'I love you' and what power they could have once she said them. She wanted to make sure she felt it before she said it, and she felt like it was an expectation in most relationships these days to say it fairly quickly. Having the separation for the interim until she could say it, seemed to make sense to her odd brain. "What about you? Are there any boundaries you want to set?"

• Like 1

Killian watched Willow with a mixture of feelings in him as she explained her thoughts and feelings about their budding connection. Killian was in a whole new world with how he was feeling about Willow. He had only dated one girl before so this was uncharted territory for him. He took a moment to collect his own thoughts before responding. "Willow," he began gently, "I under-ummm stand 'Dating' sounds perfect to me, and I'm more than willing to take things slow. It's about what makes you comfortable.....This is new to me too." He smiled warmly at her, his gaze never leaving her eyes. "As for boundaries," Killian continued, "welll i guess us not being with anyone else.....umm " He reached out, as he placed his hand close to her. Killian's heart swelled with affection for Willow. This might not be a conventional start to a relationship, but he knew that he was not a guy that had typical relationships in the past.  Killian was not one that was used to boundaries but he was willing to try! With the other girls he had been with, he was the one setting the tone by doing whatever he wanted. To playing the field, but he wasn't doing that this time. Willow was different to him than the other girls.

As Killian sat down next to her, Willow looked over at him. He was so incredibly handsome. He showed her so much kindness and compassion, which she had never expected from him. She wasn't entirely certain she believed this wasn't a dream she was having. But if it was, she wasn't ready to wake up from it. She would see it through to its end.

As he spoke, she listened. Her eyes widened and lit up as he not her placed the boundary for exclusivity. "I'd really like that! I just... I didn't think it would be fair of me to ask that since I'm not calling myself your 'girlfriend' yet." She said with a sheepish blush. Lacing her fingers in his, Willow held Killian's hand as they sat there on the Amphitheater stage together. "I want us to talk about things. When we're upset, when we need something from the other. Things like that." She said as she rested her head onto his shoulder. "It's not fair to you that I kept my fears to myself and didn't give you the chance to talk about it so... this is me trying to do better about that."

Willow felt bad for the last few months. Killian had been pursuing her in an honest and gentlemanly fashion--even if a bit relentless--and Willow had done nothing but let her own prejudice based on his reputation get in the way. Willow knew now that she had needed to make better choices moving forward if she wanted things to work out. He deserved better than that. She ran her thumb over the back of his hand as she held his in hers. "I've never done this..." Willow confessed. And it was true, she hadn't. Willow had barely kissed others before Killian came around. She had been very careful with her heart. But no amount of prevention can prepare you for what happens when the real thing comes knocking on your door. Deny it all she wanted, Willow's heart already belonged to Killian. She just needed to fight off the demons in her mind that plagued her with insecurity.

Important Information

Terms of Use