bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Beach Break Wave: Summer Woods Adventure

Finley Walker

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm golden glow across the camp, Finley found himself filled with anticipation. It was the night of the party in the woods, an event that promised lively music, laughter, and the chance for a little romantic adventure. With a mischievous grin playing on his lips, Finley stood in front of the mirror in his cabin's bathroom.  He adjusted his sun-kissed hair, ensuring it fell just right, and his vibrant blue eyes sparkled with excitement. Finley's charm was as undeniable as his laid-back nature, and he couldn't help but wonder if tonight would be the night he found a special someone to share a memorable encounter.

He stepped out into the dusky evening, the scent of pine and campfire mingled in the air, guiding Finley towards the vibrant heart of the forest. The anticipation of the party swirled in his chest, fueled by the lively energy that pulsed through the camp. Finley's heart fluttered with the possibilities that awaited him beneath the canopy of stars, his mind brimming with flirtatious banter and stolen glances. Tonight, he was determined to let his magnetic personality shine, hoping to find a connection that would ignite the warm embers of summer into a fiery affair of fun and romance.

@ Alyssa James

Alyssa wasn't entirely sure who was throwing the party. It could have been the Apollo kids. It could have been Dionysus's children. Honestly, her own cabin could have been to blame if she wasn't the oldest one at camp right now. Either way, she was beyond excited to live it up out in the forest with some good music, probably booze, and maybe get to meet a few campers she hadn't gotten a chance to get to know yet. One thing about being a child of Hebe was that she was drawn to things that helped her feel young and carefree. A party out in the forest was just what the doctor ordered to cure her of the boredom that had her feeling like she had aged a thousand years.

She double checked her outfit in the mirror, turning from side to side to make sure it showed just enough of her figure to draw some attention, but not enough to attract the wrong kind of attention. Her short skirt clung tight to her hips, while her knitted crop top showed off her stomach while hanging loosely around her chest. It created just the right amount of mystery and flirtation for what she hoped would be an enjoyable evening. With some finishing touches to her make-up, Aly was out the door.

She hiked out into the forest until she could hear the music and then made her way over. By the time she got to the clearing where the music was playing from, the sun had nearly set. There were small bonfires burning for some light, and a couple of well-placed beverage dispensers that looked suspiciously like kegs and punch bowls. With a smile, Alyssa made her way over to one of the punch bowls and started ladling out a cup for herself. First a drink, then the dance floor. She thought with a small smirk.

• Like 1

Finley made his way through the forest, he couldn't help but be drawn to the rhythmic beats that echoed in the air. The music grew louder with each step, fueling his excitement. He spotted flickering lights and the glow of bonfires ahead, signaling the heart of the gathering. The atmosphere was alive with laughter and conversation, mingling with the infectious melodies that beckoned him closer. His eyes went around the area taking in everyone that was there. That was when they stopped on Alyssa who was looking good today!!! Alyssa caught his eye as she approached one of the punch bowls. Finley couldn't help but be intrigued by her confidence and the way she carried herself. With a smirk playing on his lips, he sauntered over, making sure to exude an air of charm. "Hey there," Finley greeted, his voice smooth and playful. "I couldn't help but be drawn to the enchanting aura you bring to this gathering. Mind if I join you?" He extended his hand towards the ladle, offering to pour himself a cup of the enticing punch.

Alyssa was sipping on her drink as Finley walked up to her. She started to laugh and did a small spit-take. "Does that line actually work?" She said with a bit of a laugh. Wiping the small bit of punch on her chin off, she smiled over at him. "Finley, right?" She asked, politely smiling at the boy. He was handsome, she had to give him that. But Alyssa knew her worth. She was attractive, young, and full of life. If she didn't want to settle for some guy that was all talk and no substance, she didn't have to. So, while she wouldn't be rude--because she did understand it was intended to be a compliment--she was more than happy to show that cheesy lines didn't work on her. If he wanted her interest for more than just a dance or two, he'd have to earn it.

Once she deemed it safe to sip her punch again, she did so. "I can't decide if the Dionysus kids spiked it so well that I can't taste the alcohol, or if they just haven't gotten to the punch yet." Aly said, by way of trying to create a conversation. If the boy stuck around and actually spoke to her, treated her like a person, she'd probably let him have a dance or two, and see where it went from there.

• Like 1

Finley chuckled, his charismatic smile never wavering. "Well, it seems like my line might need some work. But hey, a little confidence never hurt, right?" He winked playfully, pouring himself a cup of punch beside Alyssa. "And you've got me, it's Finley indeed. It is good to know you know my name." He took a sip from his cup, the refreshing flavors dancing on his tongue.

"Ah, the Dionysus kids always know how to liven up a party," Finley replied, a glint of mischief in his eyes. Thinking back to all the different parties he had gone to through the years at camps. Oh yes, some of his favorite moment had been at those parties where they played games and drink all night long! "Perhaps they're saving the best for last, or maybe they're simply enjoying the anticipation." He tilted his head, studying Alyssa with genuine curiosity. Of course he had seen her around camp but never really to know her too much. Maybe that meant he was hitting the waves a bit too much. I mean a beauty like this had to be some sort of conquest right? 

Alyssa playfully rolled her eyes at him, but she had to admit that she found his particular brand of confidence to be refreshing. In most guys it was arrogance, and quickly melted away when they received any form of rejection no matter how mild. Finley had just brushed it off as if it were nothing and continued to play the game. Okay pretty boy. I'll give you a point for that. She thought to herself. Her eyes drifting over his body once more.

Giving him a smile, she replied, "So your vote is for 'not spiked yet' then?" Taking another sip, she looked out to the bonfires and the small area in the middle, already filled with a couple of dancers. She wondered if she would have to ask Finley, or if he'd have the notion all on his own to ask her to dance. Alyssa was a modern girl. She did not subscribe to the idea that men always had to initiate things where flirting or romance were concerned. Women were just as capable, and probably stood a better chance of landing a decent man if they would initiate. But she also found it interesting when meeting someone new to see what the boundaries of their comfort were. Finley seemed like someone that would have pretty open boundaries as far as that was concerned. She smirked to herself. Let's see how long you can keep me this intrigued.

Sipping on her punch once more, she began to hope that Finley's guess was right. That the children of Cabin 12 just hadn't gotten to the punch yet. Because at the rate she was drinking it, if they had she would be fairly tipsy before long. "Did you come with anyone tonight?"

• Like 1

Finley's grin widened as Alyssa playfully rolled her eyes. He was enjoying this light banter and the way she was holding her own in the conversation. It was a refreshing change from the usual responses he got, and he admired her wit. "Yes that is where I am leaning" he admitted, his eyes still fixed on her. He could feel the dance of attraction and curiosity between them, each question and response becoming a step in their own unique rhythm. As the music thumped in the background and people swayed to its beat, Alyssa's question pulled him back from his thoughts. He let out a soft chuckle, his blue eyes locking onto hers. "Nope, flying solo tonight," he replied with a casual shrug. "Figured I'd have a better chance at adventure that way. Plus, I'm all for spontaneous meetings with captivating strangers." He flashed her a playful wink, implying that their encounter was far from ordinary. "The real question, is are YOU here with anyone....or can I be your companion tonight?" 

Alyssa had to admit, if Finley kept playing his cards like this she could probably understand the girls that swooned over him. She had always been a 'make them work for it' kind of girl, but that didn't mean she didn't recognize what others saw. Being careful only meant that she didn't fall easily, not that she didn't understand why others fell. "What kind of adventure are you hoping for?" Alyssa smirked. She swirled the beverage in the cup she was holding onto.

Watching the drink spin around her cup, Alyssa heard him ask if she was here alone or not. She couldn't help but feel a bit pleased that he seemed just as curious about her as she was about him. She was finally at that age where she wanted to do more than just think a boy was cute. She wanted to start experiencing those things that the songs wrote about. Still, she wasn't going to just run off with the first person to show interest. So she enjoyed the back and forth they seemed to have going. It helped give her a feel for the situation. "I came alone, too." Giving him a playful smile, she continued. "You can keep me company as long as you keep up the interesting conversation." She then returned his wink. Tonight's shaping to be better than I thought.

Important Information

Terms of Use