bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Down the Rabbit Hole

Aislynn O'Neil

~~~ Early February 2022 ~~~

Aislynn didn't develop attachments. Nobody ever cared for her, so why should she care for them. However, there was one boy who, recently, had been kind to her. Seemed to genuinely take interest in her and tried to talk to her about more than just what she could do for him. That boy was Theo. Ever since she went to go cheer him up after he got sucker punched during the volleyball game a few weeks ago by Mateo, Aislynn found herself wanting something she hadn't wanted since she was little. A connection with someone.

Of course, being the absolute wreck of a person she was, Aislynn didn't know how to connect with others. The only thing she felt like she was good for was 'a good time'. Whether that was partying, substance assisted escapes, or sex, that was the only way she really knew how to connect with anyone. So it should come as a surprise to absolutely no one that she figured that was the only way to connect with Theo as well.

Ash wasn't sure how she expected things to go, or what she planned to do. But she knew she needed to explore her need for a connection. With that in mind, she walked towards the Hermes cabin, across the way from her own cabin. Hoping that Theo answered the door.

@ Theodore Thatcher

• Like 1

Theo's heart raced when he recognized Aislynn's silhouette through the dim light filtering from the cabin's window. Her presence always elicited a certain excitement, given their history. Opening the door, the glimmer in her eyes, familiar yet different, was immediately apparent to him. "Late night visit, Ash?" he drawled, his signature charming grin gracing his lips. He leaned against the doorframe, letting his eyes linger on her for a moment. But beyond the charisma, he felt a deep twinge of concern. The undercurrents of vulnerability in her gaze struck him. Their wild escapade had been intense, passionate, and impulsive - a meeting of two souls seeking refuge in the whirlwind of Camp Half-Blood. Yet, as always, Theo felt a mix of emotions; while there was undeniable chemistry, there was also the fear of treading too close to someone's emotional walls.

"Can't say I ever expected to see you here at this hour," he continued. There was a pull, a magnetic force drawing him to her, and he felt the urge to bridge the gap between them. But Theo restrained himself, realizing that their past escapades could blur the lines of what she might be seeking tonight. "Of course, you don't always need a reason to drop by," he said softly, trying to gauge her intent. "But something tells me tonight's different." He paused, searching her eyes, silently beckoning her to open up. Theo might have been a charmer, but he also recognized the fragility of human connections, and right now, he was treading on delicate ground.

Ash smirked as Theo asked about her visit. He seemed surprised, but not in a bad way. That was a good sign at least. So she felt a little bit more confident as she continued to speak. "Thought you'd be happy to see me after last time." She said with a wink."I came prepared." She said, lifting up another bottle of the mead that she brewed in her cabin. Her father was banned from drinking, but she wasn't. At least, not in a divine intervention sort of way. And alcohol always seemed to soothe her in a way that nothing else could.

"Would you believe me if I said I got lonely?" Her fingers from her free hand tiptoed up his chest. It wasn't that far from the truth. She certainly was lonely. But that was an emotional state that she found herself in constantly. Even her siblings found her a bit too intense for their preferences sometimes. Aislynn's reckless behavior got carried away more than it should, and she didn't even attempt to curb it. That rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and as a result she found herself with quite a bit of alone time, whether she wanted it or not. The only times that changed were when she through a party, or when she let herself be used for someone else's pleasure. This was, however, the first time she had actively sought out someone else's company to remedy that since she had been a little girl. It was the first time that, deep down, she wanted a connection with someone that was more than just physical. But she couldn't even recognize that herself, so there was no way she could express that to Theo.

"I can go back to my cabin if you'd rather though."

• Like 1

The flicker of mischief in Ash's eyes when she lifted the bottle of mead intrigued Theo, but it was her last sentence—veiled in an offer to leave—that resonated within him. Her fingers gliding up his chest felt like a blend of an invitation and a test. Theo's eyes dipped to the bottle, then returned to meet her gaze. "Well turning down company and good mead would be against my principles," he said, stepping aside to allow her entry into the cabin. His charming smile stayed in place, but he felt a subtle shift in the atmosphere. Ash was always at the center of some storm, and her loneliness resonated with a part of him that few ever touched. 

As Ash entered Theo took a moment to close the door behind her, collecting his thoughts. He gestured toward a couch, an unspoken offer for her to make herself comfortable. "You know, loneliness is a funny thing," he began, slowly uncorking the mead as he moved to sit beside her. He poured a small amount into two cups on a nearby table. "It can make us do unexpected things, take risks we might not otherwise take." His eyes locked onto hers as he handed her a cup. "Here's to unexpected things then," he said, raising his glass for a toast. For Theo, this moment felt like walking a tightrope. His charming exterior concealed a swirl of thoughts—curiosity, hope, and a smidgen of fear—that Aislynn's visit tonight could mean more than just another wild adventure. There was really no telling with this girl, but then again, that was always a part of the fun!

Pleased to see that he didn't dismiss her after all, Ash let herself walk in as he gestured for her to enter. However, instead of guiding her towards his room, he guided her towards the couch. Curious choice of venue, but I don't mind. She thought to herself. Naturally the thought hadn't even occurred to her that Theo might actually enjoy her company in a non-physical sense. Aislynn simply assumed that tonight's adventures were going to be a bit more exhibitionist than the previous encounter. Ash's suspicions felt confirmed at Theo's choice of words when he next spoke.

Grabbing the cup from him, Ash tapped it against his and took her first sip. "To unexpected things." As the alcohol entered her body, she felt herself immediately relax. It wasn't actually effecting her yet, but the association she had between it and soothing herself was strong enough that it had a psychosomatic effect long before it had a physiological one. Looking over at Theo her mind still raced though. She couldn't figure out why he was kind to her. She couldn't figure out why he didn't seem repelled the same way others were. And that just made her want him more. Because for once, someone might actually care. And that wasn't something she was prepared to accept at face value. Not yet, anyway.

Important Information

Terms of Use