bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Nightmare of the Broken Clover!

James Selway

James had laid down after a long day of activities that had drained him. Rubbing his head he got to his room after he finished tucking Octavia into bed.  He was so happy to see how well she had adapted to being here at camp. Smiling he looked up at the ceiling thinking of his own sister and wondering if she was alive or not. Turning over he found himself off to sleep and then into his dreams. At first he was in a field of flowers as he watched Octavia laughing and running as he laughed! But just then it turned from light to dark.

Octavia turned to him as she stopped, bending down she picked up a clover and broke it. His happy go lucky sister looked so serious as she pointed. His eyes going to where she pointed was when he was back at his home. It was destroyed in many ways just as he remembered it. He could feel his chest tighten as he walked forward wondering what he might find.

@ Savanna Lewis

• Like 1

Anna had been more tired than normal. Being the child of Hypnos had it's moments. She had been trying to stay up as long as she was able to, but soon as she sat on the beanbag chair, surrounded by the fluffiness of covers and the smell that was always going around her cabin, she was soon lost into a dream. Though as she looked around, she found herself in an odd play. She blinked a little as she looked around the dream. Things seemed to be bright. In a field of flowers. She noticed two people standing in front of her. Laughing having a wonderful time. She wondered who they were for a moment but soon as she took a couple steps, and the faces began to come to view a little more. She blinked her eye wide. It was James and his little sister. Octavia? That was who she was right? She had never meet her before, so she couldn't be so sure.

The light soon went to dark, and she watched as the younger girl stopped and plucked up something and broke it. Anna couldn't believe it. She was in a dream again. How many times had she been doing this? This was the second time in her life. She sighed as she walked closer to James who was standing there looking at a house and walking closer to it. So, it wasn't the little girls dream, it was James', again. She jogged up to him and placed a hand on his arm. "James?" she questioned curiously as she glanced up at the house. "Where are we?" She asked curiously. She had seen him last time when they were first meeting, but what about this now. What was so important that she had to meet him in this dream. She still didn't have control of her dream jumping yet, which sucked. 

James was feeling shocked as he wondered what he would find over in the house. Would he see his parents, dead from the monster attack? That thought scared him more than anything as he had tried not to think back to this moment in his life. He was a scared ten year old who just didn't understand anything at all. Part of James just wanted to fall to the ground to cry but a voice brought him out of a moment of depression. Looking down to the person who was touching his arm, it was Savannah. The girl who he met in his dreams! Was she real or just another part of this nightmare? "Aaaaare you real?" he got out after she asked him where they were. He was not his normal cheerful self but sad james. His head turned back to the house and he pointed. "That was my childhood home" his voice full of sadness. "A monster attacked in the middle of the night and I was lucky........but my parents were not and." his voice began to crack as the memories of his sister began to pour back in his mind. "and my sister.....I don't know what happened to her, she well was nowhere to be found as a satyr took me to camp."  

• Sad 1

Her hand slid off James' arm the second he asked if she was real. "Of course." she told him as her head tilted a little to the side. She had no idea what this meant to be placed in his dreams once more. Did this mean that they were going to be close for the rest of their lives or was it something that she was needed to do to help him at this moment. She tucked some of her dark hair behind her ear in that moment and listened when he began to tell her about what was going on at that moment. She looked from him to the house and sighed a little. It was his childhood home. That was sad. She blinked a little and glanced back to James as he began to talk once again, listening to everything that he was saying. "I'm sorry James." she told him as she wrapped her arms around him in a hug. She didn't know how to make someone feel better but her friends from the orphange had always hugged her when she was feeling down so of course that was what she was going to do for him at the moment. She looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "I'm sure that you're sister is totally fine." she told him. "Maybe your luck had rubbed off of on that night." she said nodding her head a little. There was a lot going on in the moment. And she wondered if she would be able to alter the dream that he was having at the moment. She closed her eyes and began to think of day light, the house fixed up, his family. She could start feeling the heat of the sun hitting her skin and the smell of the wild flowers that were around the area. She peeked open her eyes to noticed that the sun was up, the darkness was no longer there. The house that was all broken was fixed and the jumped up a little on her toes. "I did it." she told him happily. "No bad dreams for you." she told him as she took a step forward and spun to look at him before pointing behind him. "Don't forget that you have another home as well." she told him and when he turned back he would be able to see his cabin, along with his siblings standing there. Along with some of his friends from other cabins waving at him. "We love you too." She told him happily. 

• Sad 1

James was taken aback by Savannah's response, her reassurance that she was real gave him a slight sense of comfort. He was still processing the shock of his surroundings, the mixture of dream and reality blending into a confusing haze. He watched her as she tucked her hair behind her ear, her gestures familiar yet surreal. Her empathy and hug caught him off guard, a wave of warmth washing over him despite the weight of his memories. He found himself reciprocating the embrace, feeling a sense of connection he hadn't experienced in a long time. Listening to Savannah's kind words, he couldn't help but let a small smile break through the sadness that had gripped him. Her words about his sister and the possibility of luck returning gave him a glimmer of hope. The atmosphere began to change as she closed her eyes and focused on altering the dream. He felt a strange sensation as the darkness lifted, replaced by the gentle touch of sunlight on his skin. The transformation around him was astonishing, like a world shifting its shape to accommodate his desires.

When he turned to look, his childhood home stood before him in a renewed state, the brokenness of the past repaired by Savannah's ability. James was taken aback, his eyes wide with amazement. And as he turned back to Savannah, her gesture pointed him to a sight that brought tears to his eyes. His cabin, his second home at camp, stood there with his siblings and friends waving at him. It was a vision of belonging and acceptance, a stark contrast to the isolation he had felt after his family's tragedy. Overwhelmed with emotions, he looked back at Savannah, his voice cracking as he spoke, "Thank you, Savannah. You... you don't know how much this means to me. To see my family again, even if it's just a dream, it's more than I could have hoped for." He wiped a tear from his eye and stepped closer to her, overcome with gratitude. "And you, you're real. You're not just a part of this nightmare I hope." His voice trembled, his heart yearning for connection in a way he had long denied himself. Maybe it was the fact that he was just feeling all the things at once in this once nightmare. Savannah had been in his dreams once before. "Sorry I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed......I miss my sister a lot, I see a lot of her in Octavia." 

• Like 1

Savanna bounced on her heels for a moment as she watched James from the corner of her eyes. She didn't want to full on watch him because that would just look a little odd. Well, that was what she thought anyways. His voice cracked that was the only thing that broke her from not looking at him. She glanced up and smiled brightly at him as he began talking to her once again. "Of course, James. I'm always here to help out whenever I can. Though I'm not sure what made me jump into your dreams this time but I'm glad I did. I don't want you thinking that you have nothing." she told him with a bright smile. Something about it all seemed right. She enjoyed it very much. Helping people that was.  He once again asked her if she was real and not a part of the nightmare and she couldn't help but giggled once again. "I'm a child of Hypnos. I can travel dreams silly. Of course, I'm real." she told him with a smirk. "Besides, if I wasn't here then I wouldn't be able to help you out." her happiness was all about at the moment. She was glad to have been able to help him out when he needed it. He brought up his sister once again and she nodded her head. That was something that she wasn't able to fix. Him seeing his sister. It was horrible she knew that much, but she knew that she had to be safe. "I'm sure your sister is thinking about you too as we speak." she told him with a small smile. She couldn't help but giggled thinking about the younger Tyche child. "She is a total cutie though. You're lucky to have her." Savanna told him as she watched the younger girl run around the field of flowers that she had made. 

• Like 1

James felt a mixture of emotions bubbling within him, but Savannah's words and her genuine warmth helped anchor him in the moment. He nodded as she explained her dream-traveling abilities, a small smile tugging at his lips. It was strange yet oddly comforting to have her here, a tangible connection between the realms of his own experiences. As Savannah reassured him that he wasn't alone and that she was glad to help, he couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude and relief washing over him. Her presence was like a guiding light in the midst of his own emotional turmoil. The image of his sister, brought up once more, evoked both pain and a sense of nostalgia within him. It was as if a part of his heart that he had locked away was finally given room to breathe. Her mention of Octavia, comparing her to his sister, caught him by surprise. He watched Octavia running through the field of flowers, her innocence and energy bringing a smile to his face. It was a small glimpse into what he had lost, a reminder that life carried on even in the midst of tragedy.

James took a deep breath, allowing himself to fully appreciate the beauty of the moment. The dream-like quality of this encounter was still confusing, but he felt a connection with Savannah that he couldn't ignore. "You're right, Savannah. I am lucky to have her. And I'm lucky to have you here too," he admitted, his voice soft and sincere. He turned his gaze back to her, his eyes holding a mix of vulnerability and newfound determination. "I don't want to be stuck in the past anymore. Maybe, just maybe, with friends like you and memories like this, I can start moving forward." He took her hand gently, his grip firm yet gentle.

Savanna turned to look at James and smiled brightly at him. "Something must have called me to you honestly. Because I don't normally travel in dreams." she told him with a giggle. "Besides, I'm glad I'm here to, you are one of the luckiest people that I know, just because we have a dark past shouldn't mean that we have to relive it all the time." she told him with a small smile on her face. She hummed happily and nodded her head when he began to speak. "You should be fine. I think that everything will be fine in the end. And one day you will be able to get to know what happened to your sister." She told him as she glanced back over to what she had made for him. "The day will come, maybe sooner than you think." She said elbowing him a little. "And you will have all these people waiting and some even being right by your side with you." she told him nodding. She liked to think that was what was going to happen. "Remember if you need me all you have to do is call on me." she giggled a little more. She crossed her arms and titled his head. Her dark hair falling to the side before she glanced up at him. "I can always help you with dreams." she told him. "I've been working hard on my powers."

• Like 1

James squeezed Savannah's hand gently, grateful for her presence and her words. "I believe you were meant to be here, Savannah. Maybe it's fate or something greater," he said with a small smile, his heart feeling lighter than it had in a long time. "You've given me hope and a glimpse of a better future, and I can't thank you enough for that." Curiosity piqued, James looked at Savannah with genuine interest. The hypnos cabin had always be a bit of a mystery to him so it was funny when Savannah appeared in his dreams years ago now. What was the God's trying to tell him about this girl? "You mentioned your powers, Savannah. I'd love to hear more about them. Dream-traveling is incredible, but what else can you do? I want to know more about you too." His desire to move forward was accompanied by a desire to understand the unique individuals he'd meet in this new world. It was as if the dreamscape had opened up a realm of possibilities he hadn't even dared to imagine before.

Important Information

Terms of Use