bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Sister's love shines bright -- Truth we share in pure moonlight -- Forever our light.

Sage Roberts

It was getting close to the end of dinner in the mess hall. Sage had watched the whole thing that happened between Henry and Liam during the class they had today. Trying not to smirk too hard she found her way to the mess hall herself as she watched her sister. Every so often she would pull out her book and jot a few things down she could remember everything that happened. Of course she would check on Henry after dinner, as the girl might need some time to cool off after that ordeal!!! Sage looked up over to the hecate table where she waved to Loukas who smiled in return. She began to wonder herself if he would ever see her more than just a friend. Shrugging she got up and walked over to the fire, giving a offering to Athena. To give her the wisdom to know what to say to her sister. Then head back to where Henry had say she nudged her "Hey are you doing okay?" 

@ Henrietta Abbot

Henry was pushing her food around her plate, entirely in her own world. She couldn't help but sneak glances over to the Ares table occasionally; once, she caught Liam's eye, managing to play it off with a convincing glower and a certain hand gesture. A few of his siblings elbowed him in the ribs and jeered teasingly at him. They had seen the battle go down too. Speaking of nuisance siblings...

"All good, Sage. Just--" Henry's fork clattered against her plate as she raised her arms in frustration. "Gods, he's infuriating! That stupid smile and his stupid tactics, I hate him! I nearly lost, Sage. If he hadn't quit, he would've beat me in front of everyone." The last sentence came out softer, a whisper of vulnerability that she only trusted with her sister. "You didn't see it, did you?" Henry couldn't help but glance down at Sage's journal. That thing was glued to her hand, and everything she observed was in there... Sage was observant and skilled in perception. Henry lunged towards the book, inexplicably determined to read her sister's notes.

• Like 1

Sage watched as Henry's fork clattered against her plate, her frustration palpable. She leaned in closer, her brow furrowing with concern. "Hey, I get it. Liam can be maddening, and yeah, he's got that infuriating charm." She gave Henry a knowing grin. "But you're amazing, and you held your ground out there. I saw it all." Sage just wanted her sister to know it was okay that others saw it as Henry did not back down from him!!!! Liam could be a bully from time to time so her standing up to him was a big deal and all! I mean gosh they were 3 years younger than Liam anyways so she knew her sister held her own. She reached into her bag and pulled out her journal, flipping it open to the page where she had jotted down notes from the fight. "Yeah, I was watching," she admitted with a sheepish smile. "I knew it was important, and I wanted to remember every detail." Sage nudged the journal towards Henry. "Here, take a look. You've got a lot of skill, and Liam might be a pain, but you're not any less talented. Remember that."

Sage journal Entry August 17th, 2021

Today's training session at Camp Half-Blood was anything but ordinary. As I watched from the sidelines, a fierce and intense sparring match unfolded between two campers who seemed to embody the very essence of their godly parentage. One of them, a tall and muscular boy with an air of confidence that bordered on arrogance, engaged in a heated exchange with a smaller girl who exuded a sharp intellect and a fiery determination.

Their combat was not only physical but also seemed to carry an undercurrent of unspoken tension, leaving me to wonder if there was more to this rivalry than met the eye. They traded verbal barbs that ranged from taunts about their godly parentage to personal jabs that seemed to fuel their determination even further. Liam's moves were powerful and controlled, his strength evident as he pinned the girl down at one point, his grip unyielding. But Henry was not to be underestimated; her agility and quick reflexes allowed her to evade his grasp more often than not.

Amidst the flurry of strikes, parries, and grappling, there were moments when their gazes locked, each seemingly trying to read the other's intentions. It was as if their battle transcended the physical realm, delving into a deeper psychological and emotional territory. There were times when their words seemed to take on a more charged tone, hints of something that could be mistaken for attraction or perhaps a begrudging respect.

As the fight reached its climax, Henry executed an unexpected move, kissing Liam in a surprising turn of events. Their expressions immediately shifted, surprise and confusion flickering across their faces before Henry managed to slip away from his grasp. The tension between them seemed to hang in the air even after the match concluded, leaving me with the distinct feeling that there was more to this dynamic than a simple sparring match.

• Like 1

Henry smiled at Sage's words, leaning her head on her sister's shoulder. She always knew what to say, even when Henry herself didn't know what she wanted to her. "Thanks, sis. I just don't want anyone to gossip. I mean, I only kissed him to distract him..." she trailed off, her eyes growing misty with the recollection of his lips. He had tasted like sweat and stone fruit. Henry's hand snaked into her sister's and gave it a squeeze. "Love ya," she smiled, letting her love for her sister eclipse everything that had just happened. Henry had grown up a lonely only child, only to find out she had 10s of half-siblings she didn't even know existed. Sage would always be her favourite -- they were more than just half-siblings, bound by the whims of their goddess mother. They were sisters. And best friends. 

Henry couldn't help but blush as she read her sister's notes. She was a talented enough writer that Henry felt as though she'd lived it all again. "More to the dynamic? Yeah, blind hatred maybe!" Henry insisted. "He kept calling me princess, like I wasn't beating his ass into the ground. Such an asshole," The words didn't sound convincing, but she hoped Sage was too busy looking at Loukas to register that.

"Would you cut that out? He's obviously obsessed with you. Isn't that in those notes of yours?" Henry teased. It was amazing how perceptive Sage was, only to be totally lost on something SO obvious. 

• Haha 1

Sage chuckled at Henry's words, glad to see her sister's spirits lifting. She understood Henry's concerns about gossip, but she knew that Henry's strength and skill were evident to anyone who was paying attention. "Trust me, sis, the only thing people will be gossiping about is how Liam got schooled by a warrior like you," Sage said with a wink. As Henry leaned her head on Sage's shoulder, she wrapped an arm around her, feeling the warmth of their bond in that simple gesture. As Henry's hand found hers, Sage's heart swelled with affection. "Love you too," she whispered, squeezing Henry's hand in return. Their connection was deep and unbreakable, forged not just by their shared heritage, but by the countless moments they had supported each other through. Sage was determined to be there for Henry through thick and thin.

Henry's blush didn't go unnoticed, and Sage grinned, playfully nudging her sister's shoulder. "Oh, come on. You can't tell me there isn't something more than just 'blind hatred' there," she teased back. "And as for the notes, well, maybe I've noted a few things about a certain someone's reactions during that fight." She couldn't help but give a pointed look towards Henry, a mischievous glint in her eye. Sage knew her sister better than anyone, and she was determined to help Henry realize her own feelings, even if it took some gentle teasing to do so. It was something she had known since they met liam, the way he looked at henry and sought her out as a challenge. He HAD to have sort of feelings for her. I mean why else would a guy do that to a girl right?????? 

• Haha 1

"You're totally right, Sage. It's not blind hatred, 'cause I hated him on sight." Henry quipped, avoiding the sincerity that her sister was asking for. It wasn't that she didn't trust her with the truth -- it's that she had no idea what the truth really was. She gave her sister's hand one last squeeze before retrieving her fork and getting to work on her food. The pep talk had made her appetite come back with full force; she speared strawberries, grapes, and small hunks of cheese on her fork like they were tiny Liams

"Reactions? What reactions?" Henry asked, perhaps too eagerly, through a mouthful of fresh bread. She turned quizzically to her sister, raising an eyebrow. Had Sage noticed something she hadn't? But, Gods, why did she even care? As if she wanted that walking testosterone factory to like her. She had everyone she needed: Sage, Tempest, and even Petal sometimes (provided Henry could deal with her hippy-dippy eye strain).  Sage's teasing and mischievous smile made Henry roll her eyes. "You've been reading too many Greek tragedies again, sis. I'm not interested in Li- in that boy." 

She stood and emptied her plate into the fire. Thanks, mum, for helping me out today. But if the kissing thing was your idea... I have some notes. Henry wandered back to the Athena table and plonked down next to Sage once again, ruffling her sister's hair. "Just because you're a month older doesn't mean you know everything, y'know."

• Haha 1

Sage chuckled at Henry's witty retort, knowing her sister well enough to recognize her deflections. She decided not to push further for the moment, respecting Henry's boundaries, but she couldn't help feeling a surge of curiosity. Henry had always been fiercely independent, and Sage understood that there were some things her sister wanted to figure out on her own. She watched as Henry dove back into her meal with renewed enthusiasm, her appetite seemingly restored.

As Henry questioned her about the noted reactions, Sage couldn't suppress her grin. "Oh, just a few subtle things, like how his focus seemed to linger on you, how he kept trying to match your every move," she replied casually, enjoying the way Henry's eyebrow arched in curiosity. Sage was well aware that Henry was playing it cool, but she could see through the act. Then she pulled out another small notebook in her pocket. Opening to the page that said Liam. "Plus the way he has targeted you since you arrived to camp and the way he looks you up and down.....the way he sees you as a challenger even if you are three years younger or just the things he says to you.....he is in love with you and maybe even obsessed." 

After Henry had finished eating and headed back to the Athena table, Sage watched her sister from a distance. She admired Henry's strength and independence, and even though she didn't press the matter further, Sage couldn't help but hope that her sister would eventually realize her true feelings. When Henry returned, ruffling Sage's hair, she chuckled and playfully swatted her hand away. "Hey, I might not know everything, but I've got a pretty good read on people, especially where my sister's concerned." Sage's eyes twinkled with affection as she leaned against Henry, grateful for the bond they shared.

• Like 1

Burning red, Henry listened to Sage's observations. She couldn't help but look over her shoulder at Liam, sitting with his siblings at the Ares table. In love with her? It was true that they had been rivals since her arrival at camp, fiercely competitive with one another from the start... Absentmindedly, Henry flicked a grape at his head. On her way back from burning her tribute, Henry couldn't help but notice that the dropping sun aligned with the back of his head, haloing him with sunlight. What a prick

"Gods, how many notebooks do you have, sis? You're like a Russian nesting doll of secrets," Henry laughed, feeling a rush of affection for her sister. She was so bright, in every sense of the word: clever, warm, and shining with optimistic energy. Henry was so grateful to have her as a sister and a teammate; not only was Sage an excellent source for gossip, but her insight had helped the Athena cabin come out on top of many war games over the years. Henry gave her sister a playful nudge. 

"Alright, enough about me. What's up in Sage-land? Kissed that Hecate boy yet?" She couldn't help but tease her. Sage and Loukas were so obviously meant to be, Henry thought it was a miracle that that wasn't in one of Sage's notebooks already. 

• Like 1

Sage's heart swelled with affection as Henry playfully flicked a grape at Liam. She chuckled at her sister's response to her many notebooks. "Hey, a girl's gotta have her secrets and her sources of information," she said with a wink. "And you're right, it's like a Russian nesting doll situation—secrets within secrets....this notebook is for long term notes and the others are just for class you know" Sage was glad to see Henry laughing and teasing back; it was a relief to have their easy camaraderie intact even after discussing some potentially sensitive topics.

Sage's cheeks flushed at Henry's teasing about Loukas. She nudged her sister back, rolling her eyes in a mock exasperation. "Oh come on, you know Loukas and I are just friends. And for the record, I haven't kissed him or anyone else." Sage shrugged, trying to play it off coolly, but she couldn't quite hide the hint of a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. Loukas was someone who she loved to be around, I mean they had been friends since she picked him out and interrogated him. Of course she couldn't just pick anyone to be close with so when she stalked him and liked him enough. Sage had started to spend all her time with him. This made her get to know him a way where she was falling for the boy but she didn't even know if he liked her like that. Maybe in her dreams but not in reality!

Leaning against Henry as the sun began to set, Sage let out a contented sigh. "As for Sage-land, it's the usual. Reading, training, and trying to figure out the mysteries of the universe." She grinned at her sister. "But honestly, as long as I've got my favorite partner in crime by my side, life's pretty good." She play punched her sisters arm as she giggled. 

• Like 1

Henry smiled at the setting sun, pulling her sister towards her with an arm around her shoulder. It had been a confusing, frustrating day, but at the end of it, she had what she needed: her sister by her side, the smell of burning food in the air, and the feeling of a hard-won victory in her heart. As the satyrs cleared the dinner plates, Henry stood up and offered her sister a hand, pulling her up from the Athena table bench. "Whatever you say, Sage -- but as soon as you fall asleep tonight, I'm checking your Loukas notes!" she teased, walking hand-in-hand with her sister towards the Athena cabin. 

That night, the two girls stayed up whispering gossip into the early hours. It was tradition that they have sleepovers every few weeks, enjoying alcohol bargained from the Hermes campers and screeching with laughter. It kept their siblings up, sure, but these two partners in crime didn't care. They could deal with the repercussions, because they'd be doing it together. The secrets of the universe could wait til tomorrow.

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use