bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Rivals or Friends?

Mason Grimes

Mason had a long day, and it was cooling off as the sun was slowing moving down. He decided as a way to relax he was going to head down to the beach. Running back over to his cabin, he went and got changed into his swim trunks, and grabbed a towel as he walked out the door. Heading for the beach, he noticed a girl in the distance, jogging the same way he was going. Mason wasn't in the best of moods, him and Maddox got into a little spat which was usually for them, but Mason wanted time alone and he really didn't want another camper at the beach with him, which is why he waited tell later in the day. 

He picks his pace up, catching up to her he purposely bumps into her "First to the beach gets the stay, the other has to leave" he yells at her still running getting a head start. 

Annie had once again left her cabin early, at a time when many took a nap or were still to lunch, she went out during that time because she knew after years of experience that the cabin would fill up to such an extent that not even going out the door it would have been easy.  She didn't like the company of so many people and so she, as usual, put on a sports top and went jogging.  She liked to exercise and found the high tide at that hour relaxing, the sound of the waves, the fresh air, so she headed to the beach, but just before she got there, she saw a boy in a bathing suit he pulled up to her and purposely pushed her.  How bad, Annie stopped briefly in amazement, she had never seen the boy and he already made her angry, but then she smiled, if he wanted war ....

She ran back to catch him, keeping her face neutral, it she'd annoyed him, and then, when they were level with each other, she shoved him the same way he'd pushed her before. "Who says that? Come and get me, boy."  Annie wasn't a very friendly person... but boy had she done it on purpose, she would have matched his match.  She was internally happy, maybe she was in the mood for a challenge.

Edited by Annie Hernandez

Mason had gotten quite a bit ahead of her, but she managed to catch up, shoving him back. He stumbled being caught off guard, regaining his feet he took off after her. "You're a brave one shoving me" he says with a cocky tone in his voice. The only person aloud to lay hands on him was his brother, even if he was the one to shove her first, he didn't like she shoved him back. Getting slightly head of her, he moved so his foot would trip her, whether she fell to the ground or not, it would still slow her down, he was determined to be the one at that beach first. Honestly, even though he made the bet, even if she was to bet him there, he wouldn't leave, and it would only piss him off more that he got beat by a girl.

"I want to beach to myself, just give up and go away!" he yelled behind him as he sprinted, the beach was started to come into view, which meant they were getting closer.

Annie felt happy after having managed to reach him with a sprint, she had taken him by surprise but he immediately got back on his feet, how angry, he is a fighter, but she had already understood it when he pushed her for the first time . "I know, you too, you made a declaration of war with this, you know? And I'm not going to lose it...." he still said it with a very composed face as he kept running but he could feel the fire of their little challenge burn in her, inside her heart. She was so concentrated on the journey and on that boy's fiery gaze when he passed her that she didn't notice his foot which made her trip, she put her hands on the ground stopping the fall so she could get up but he was already after her. That's enough, she wanted to win, technically it couldn't be done but such a challenge had no rules, so Annie used aerokinesis to get pushed up by a gust of cold wind and, falling, managed to put her foot on the beach at the same time in which he did. She fell on the soft sand and caught her breath lightly, then smiled sarcastically "Oh, what a bummer, we arrived together eh? .... well, you were good, before tripping me .... But anyways, it was a nice challenge"

Just as Mason's foot hit the sand, the girl was right there with him, falling to the ground as she got there. He couldn't believe what just happened, he had it her beat! How the heck did she catch up so quickly, he thought to himself, glaring at her. "What the hell was that!?" he exclaims. "You cheated! I got here first, the beach is mine for the day, go away!" he growls. This was not how he wanted to spend his time at the beach, the beach was where he could relax in the cool sand, or swim in the water. He wasn't happy and he wanted to make sure the girl new it. Storming off toward the water, he took his shirt off and tossed it to the side, once he got to the waters edge, he slipped his shoes off and started to step into the water, looking back at the girl. "Fine, I'll get in the water, you say on the sand. The water is mine I claimed it first!" he said with a huff, and dived into the water, swimming out as far as he could away from the that girl. 

Annie smiled smugly at the little boy who had run so much, got back on his feet and laughed at his complaints "No, I didn't cheat, since there are no rules I didn't break them, pretty boy" and he didn't even know how she cheated "what a shame you have no proof" she stuck her tongue out at him, they were like two children arguing over the sea instead of sweets, "And I arrived here with you so the beach is mine too, I claim it! I won't stay on the sand, but not even in the water yes it's what you think, I wanted to jog but now that I've seen you I've changed my mind...", she facepalmed when he immediately took off his shirt trying to claim the water, she just stayed in a two piece bathing suit and kept on her sneakers, when she put her foot on the water, as far away from the boy as possible, that area of the surface froze and she started skating sliding on the ice cold water, it was hot and she wanted to cool off. She laughed again at the sight of the boy swimming like crazy, away. "If you want your part of the sea it's yours, but you won't get it all!"

Mason rolled his eyes when he heard the girl call him a 'pretty boy' it was something he'd never been called before, and honestly didn't know how to react to it. Stopping once he was out in the open water, he felt a small since of relief. Running his hands through his hair getting wet and slicking it back out of his face, he looked back toward the shore to see the girl getting into the water. Rolling his eyes, he knew she was right, but he'd be damned to admit that, let alone leave her be. He figured if he could bother her enough, she might get tired of him and leave. "Oh, I'll make sure you don't want to stay here" he says with a smirk and then Mason disappears under the water. He swam as fast as he could, trying to hold his breath as long as possible, coming up just a few feet from her, he took his arms and shoved the water, splashing the water up and into her face. Falling back a little laughing to hard himself, as he watches her reaction. He knew she wouldn't give up without a fight, but she'd have to get tired of him sooner than later, he'd hoped. 

Important Information

Terms of Use