bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Fists and Favors

Tempest Truett

Tempest clenched her fists as she made her way from her cabin to the lake, her eyes scanning the ground. The approaching meeting with Everly had her emotions dancing on a tightrope between anticipation and unease. Anticipation because she knew she needed to improve her hand-to-hand combat skills and Everly was one of the best female fighters at camp; too many enemies were stacking up against her, too many scores left unsettled. Unease because any favor came with a price, especially when dealing with a daughter of Ares. What would Everly demand in return? Tempest disliked the unknown.

As she neared the lake, she stopped to look at her reflection. The water mirrored a face of determination but Tempest knew better. Her mother was Nemesis, the goddess of revenge, retribution, and balance. Tempest wondered whether seeking help from Everly would tip the scales of her own life in an unfavorable direction. "Get a grip," she muttered to herself as she continued walking. "Everly might have her own agenda, but so do you. Whatever the price, you'll handle it. You always do." And with that, she arrived at the meeting spot, spotting Everly waiting for her. She put on her most unreadable expression of indifference. "Hey Everly," she greeted, casual as she could manage. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting."

@ Everly Maisley

Edited by Tempest Truett

The morning was cold, and the lake was surrounded by fog, which Everly would hope would clear up as the day progressed. She had gotten up early to go for a morning run before she was due to meet with Tempest, one of the Nemesis kids. As she ran through the camp, she tried not to let her mind wander at what exactly Tempest could want. Everly had never been the type to be able to read a person very well, especially not someone like the daughter of Nemesis. However, she knew enough to know that this meeting was not a social calling.  

Everly ended her rout by the lake, her blonde hair tied up in a ponytail sprouting little baby hairs from every which way. The two girls were not exactly what one would have called friends. However, they were not foes either. Everly was also more than aware that getting on the bad side of the daughter of Nemesis would not work for her in the long run. She has her own stuff to worry about and adding Tempest to list did not seem all to compelling.

She placed her hands on her hips and took in a few deep breaths to bring heartrate back to its resting state when she heard a voice come up from behind her. Everly turned around almost a little to quick, not wanting to have her back turned towards Tempest. “Hey”, she replied just as emotionless as the girl standing across from her. Everly’s voice deep and her head giving Tempest a slight nod to acknowledge her presence. “Nope, just got here. What did you want to talk about” she cut straight to the chase. Everly saw not much point in wasting either of their time with small talk or so called pleasantries.

@Tempest Truett

• Like 1

Tempest looked at Everly squarely in the eyes. "Straight to the point, I like that. Look, I'm not a solid fighter, and I need to be. This camp is no place for the weak," she said, keeping her voice as level as possible, despite the apprehension bubbling within her. "I've heard about your skills, and I figured you'd be the best to teach me. A mutual... arrangement, of sorts." In that moment, Tempest felt vulnerable, something she detested. She hoped her directness would cover the underlying feeling of inadequacy.

"Look, I get it. You're a daughter of Ares, you don't do anything for free. And I'm sure I probably haven't always made the most flattering remarks about your cabin, but I'm prepared to offer just about anything in return," she continued, steeling herself for Everly's inevitable conditions. Though Tempest had thought about what she could offer, she was still unsure how much it would take to tip the scales in her favor, how much to balance out the debt she was about to incur. "A favor for a favor. Balance." The word tasted strange on her lips, considering the imbalance of the entire situation.

Tempest glanced cautiously around them. "I wanted to meet in secret because whatever agreement we make, it's between us, no one else. Let's keep this under the radar. I don't need the whole camp knowing I'm training with you, and you probably don't want them knowing you're helping me either." Tempest locked eyes with Everly, searching for a sign of agreement or dissent. She felt like she was at a crossroads, and the next few moments would determine which path she would walk.

Important Information

Terms of Use