bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

An Adventure in making a new friend

Alexander Dion

When your best friend was your sister it probably meant that you were a bit pathetic. Alex absolutely loved his siblings but he was beginning to realize that he had been at Camp for three years now and needed to expand his social circle a bit or end up a loser if he wasn’t one already  It had been overwhelming to know where to start. He was worried that he had  lost any chance of not being judged for being aloof since he had thwarted many offers to hang out over the years. It wasn’t that he didn’t appreciate the effort, he did, he just didn’t trust himself to not get attached. People in Alex’s life had a tendency to leave as soon as he started to feel comfortable. Slowly though he was coming to realize that he would be at camp for the foreseeable future and maybe he could put more effort into getting to know people. He had gone to the party at the Dionysus Cabin a a couple of nights before figuring that was as good as place as any to try to scope out the friend scene. He had ended up striking a conversation with Petal and bonded over a mutual love of art. Feeling like it might be a good place to start Alex has suggested that they sketch together later and had been relieved when she didn’t shoot him down. Which led him here, standing in front of the entrance to the Iris canon sketchbook in hand. He took a deep breath and knocked. Here goes nothing. 

• Like 1

Petal had always been someone who saw beyond the surface. Growing up in a world filled with demigods and magical events, she learned early on to rely on her intuition. So when she met Alex at the Dionysus Cabin party, she didn't see the aloof loner that many described. She sensed the layers of pain, the walls he had built around his heart, and the earnest desire to connect beneath it all; a theme she had started to see in the boys of Cabin 10. The conversation they shared that evening, bonding over art, had felt genuine and warm, a connection she hadn't felt with many at the camp in a long time. When Alex suggested they sketch together, a flutter of excitement had risen within her. She loved art not just for the creativity it allowed but also for the solace it provided. To share that with someone felt special.

Today as she sat on a plush rug in her cabin, she had laid out all her art supplies, from charcoals to watercolors. There was an array of snacks too, just in case they felt peckish. The knock on the door startled her momentarily, and her heart raced. She took a deep breath, "Come in!" she called, offering Alex a warm smile as he entered. "I've set up a little art station for us," she said. She hoped that, in time, through their shared love for art, she could help Alex heal and see that Camp Half-Blood was indeed filled with genuine connections waiting to be made.

• Like 1

Alex felt that knot of anxiety that he had been feeling on his way over as he heard a voice welcoming him. Peeking his head in Alex gave a soft yet slightly nervous smile. Entering the space Alex took a moment to just look around. He had never really entered the space before. Seeing the stained glass windows he grinned “ I wish we had stained glass windows in our cabin. I love how they catch the light” he remarked aloud before turning to where Petal had set up a space for them “Awesome. I brought a punch of supplies. Probably more than enough for both of us but I cart my art stuff everywhere” he grinned as he took a seat and set up. “So what kinds of things do you like to draw” he asked excitedly 

• Like 1

Petal noticed the nervousness in Alex's smile as he entered, and she tried to ease the atmosphere with a light laugh, “I love our stained glass windows too, they make every morning feel like you’re waking up inside a rainbow!” Watching him survey the cabin with appreciation warmed her heart, and she couldn’t help but share in his excitement as he brought out his art supplies. “You can never have too many art supplies!” she agreed with a playful grin. His enthusiasm was infectious, and she found herself opening up more, the initial nervousness dissipating like morning mist. “I love drawing nature, the way the leaves dance with the wind, the ripples in the water... it’s like capturing a moment of magic,” she shared, her eyes sparkling with passion. Petal felt a connection building, shared interests and understanding. She wanted Alex to feel safe and seen, to realize that here, he didn’t have to worry about being left behind. “How about you, Alex? What do you love to draw?” she asked, genuinely curious to know more about his artistic preferences. She could see the layers of his personality, the struggle and the sweetness, and she hoped that through their art, they could peel back those layers and truly understand each other.

Important Information

Terms of Use