bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Welcome Home Lilythe

Lilythe Rayne

Lilythe stood on the porch to The Big House for quite a while before finally mustering up the strength to enter. She had been away for much longer than usual this time. Truth was, she had been wondering whether or not she would come back this time. It wasn't that she didn't love camp, she did. It was just that she was getting so much older now. Part of her was hoping she would be able to lead a normal life sooner or later. Or, at the very least, forget about him. In that moment she wasn't really certain whether which of the two she meant, but either would suffice. Prior to leaving, Lilythe had broken up with her boyfriend of several years. Things just hadn't been working out, but he definitely didn't take it well. After she left, she realized that she hadn't seen or heard from Azrael in longer than she cared to admit and that it hurt far more than she would have ever expected. It's been four years. Lilythe thought to herself as she realized he had gone off to college without so much as an Iris Message since. He had been so close to her before, and she never understood why he hadn't reached out since arriving. She knew he was okay, because whenever the other kids would come back from Camp Jupiter, they would mention running into him in New Rome. 

Stop fixating. Lilythe shook her head and pushed her way through the front door. "Hello, hello. Is anyone around?" It was not uncommon for there to be tons of campers running in and out of The Big House at any moment. However, it was just as common for there to be nobody in The Big House because they were all out running around doing various activities. Chiron was even hit or miss these days. 

Setting her bag down by the door, Lilythe walked slowly deeper into the house. 

• Like 1

James had been sitting in the kitchen with a guitar in his lap talking to a camper. He had been there for some time since the camper had been brought by one of the satyrs from half blood hill! As he was just finishing up he stood up and put his guitar down on the side of the table. Finding out he was a child of the goddess Tyche was a hard thing to believe. But the monsters that had plagued his childhood which killed his father and stepmother. Left him and his sister on their own. As the two of them had went from place to place the monsters still kept coming. This is when he made the hard decision to leave his sister with a aunt of theirs. He was just going to have to make it on his own, but a Satyr found him and helped him get to half blood hill. 

This place was his home and he fought in the war to defend it with the others. Smiling at the camper who got up and began to walk towards the front of the house. He heard a voice he would have never forget. She was there when everything had happened with percy and the war. Walking out to see her standing there by the door. The camper had stopped staring at her. "Lilythe your back" he rushed over and hugged her. Then stepping back he looked back at the new camper and nodded to him "You can go on, she is not a monster!" He joked looking back at Lilythe with a smile. 

• Thanks 1

Lilythe whipped her head around to face the person whom it belonged to and a smile reached her cheeks just in time for him to collide with her body. "James." She smiled brightly as she wrapped her arm around him to return the embrace. As she stepped back, Lilythe looked at the young child that was near them. Chances were, until they knew their parent, she would get to know them pretty well. She waited before she heard the door close behind them. "Another undetermined or has their parent claimed them while I was gone?" If she was grateful for anything, it was the fact that the gods now had to claim their children by the summer of their 13th year. Lilythe remembered the days when her cabin was filled to bursting--hardly any room to walk in it--with unclaimed campers who didn't know their parent. It was, always heartbreaking to watch them wonder why their parent hadn't wanted them. 

Gesturing to follow her, Lilythe began to make her way to the kitchen. She needed a glass of lemonade after the trek through the strawberry fields to get there. She could have ran there and gotten there quickly if she had wanted--only Nike cabin children could compete for speed with Hermes children--but she still wasn't sure she was ready to be back. Lilythe grabbed the lemonade out of the refrigerator and a glass from the cabinet then poured herself something to drink. "Anyone back for the summer yet?" She didn't want to be surprised if her ex was skulking around a corner. Better to know now if she was in for a miserable time than to get caught off-guard by him. Still, she didn't want to directly talk about her ex, or their terrible break-up, and there were a few other good friends that she hoped might be back for the summer from the university in New Rome. "Or are we the only members of the Old Guard sticking around this summer?" She smiled softly. It was one of those understood, informal rules that Lilythe was basically the leader of the campers and that James was her right hand man. The two of them always knew everything going on at camp, and could typically dissuade anyone from starting issues between campers. It came with having been there longer than just about everyone that was still there. 

Offering him a cookie from the tray on the counter, she tilted her head. "Did you bake these or that kid? They're pretty good."

• Like 1

"It is an undetermined but we should know by tonight" he said with a smile. Watching the camper go outside the house. The God's sometimes claimed campers at the camp fires but they had to do it by their 13th birthday so this camper would soon know! "He is a fun one for sure! Can't wait to see who claims him" he said in his cool voice. Smiling as the camper went out of the house and joined a few other campers. "We have missed you Lilythe" he said giving her a smile. The two of them had gone way back!

Following her into the kitchen as she gestured he knew she had went off to college which most of them didn't get the chance too but Lilythe was a special one for sure. She gave hope to all campers that they could lead a normal life once and for all. "Some I mean the typical cabin leaders like me and dustin are here but only a few year arounders are here already. Summer is just about to begin so you are here at the right time!" He smiled excited to have her back even if it was just for a bit.  Smiling a bit more he nodded to the guard "You know I am always right there by your side" he then took a cookie and enjoyed it. It seemed Lilythe did too! "surprisingly I have gotten been luck at making these, who knew right" 

Just as he finished the cookie he had to ask "So Lilythe how are you doing?" 

• Like 1

Lilythe nodded as he said they were undetermined. That wasn't uncommon for children prior to getting to camp. In fact, it was pretty unheard of for a child to know who their godly parent was before they made it to Half-Blood Hill. She wasn't quite sure how that would even happen, since the gods typically weren't involved in their children's lives other than as a passing thought. Her mind was caught up in those kinds of thoughts as James said her name. She blushed ever so slightly at his compliment. "I'm sure you guys were fine without me." After all, the camp wouldn't crumble if she left. Though deep down she knew that it would definitely have felt her loss if she had chosen not to return. At this point Camp Half-Blood was more her home than anywhere else she had ever lived before. 

Everyone thought that Lilythe had gone off to university at New Rome like Vienna and Azrael had. But the truth was, she hadn't. She just needed space after her break-up to get her head back on her shoulders. Lilythe couldn't bring herself to make it all the way to New Rome. It would have been great to see Vienna, but she wasn't sure she was ready to face Azrael. You miss him. Just write him first. But she couldn't. At this point it had been 4 years since he left to go to the university, and Lilythe didn't believe her message would be well-received after this much time. 

She let James continue talking about the camp, answering her questions, as she bit into the cookies. She just about spat her bite out, however, when he asked a question of his own. Damnit. She should have known better than to try and sneak it by him. "I don't really want to talk about it..." She scrunched her face up. "I'm sure you guessed, but I didn't go to the university. If I had, I'd still be there. But... after things with Shadow, I just... needed a break, you know?" She wasn't ready to admit that she had chickened out at the thought of running into Azrael. It didn't even make sense to her why she felt that way, so why would it make sense to anyone else? "But he wasn't on your list of return campers so... I'm thinking I get to keep having my break for a bit." She smiled softly over her cup of lemonade. "Here's to not having to worry about awkward run-ins with the ex." Lilythe chuckled softly before taking a sip.

• Like 1

When Lilythe said that they would have been fine without them he shook his head no. "Lilythe you are a critical part of this camp. Like no one could replace you." He said this with a smile. James meant it with all his heart. Fighting in the war beside her he knew she would always have his back. That was when she asked about who was around. He knew why she had asked it but he hadn't seen shadow in a while. Shadow and Lilythe were an interesting couple but she deserved much better. James had always had a brotherly love towards Lilythe and wanted the best for her. 

That was when he asked her how she was doing. See not too long ago Lilythe and Shadow had broken up. James saw how much lilythe was hurting but she left the came which he didn't blame her. Listening he wanted to be there for her. "I get it Lilythe and you don't need to explain to me. I just want you to know I am here for you" he smiled with his eyes as he much as he did with his mouth. Shaking his head no when she asked if he was on the list of return campers. "Nope and I would let you know right away if he does!" He then cheers her then took a sip. "So what now? Do you want to take you places in Hermes Cabin? or take up new teaching classes for the campers?" He got real excited as he had his close friend back once again.

• Like 1

Lilythe blushed a little at James' compliment. She wasn't sure she felt that way. After all, if Percy Jackson or Annabeth Chase ever came back to Camp Half-Blood, they would be better leaders than she could ever hope to be. All she provided was a warm welcome for weary travelers--her best homage to her father she could muster--and was sure that one of her siblings could rise to the occasion, or any of the other cabin leaders, in her stead. "Well, I'm glad you seem to think so anyway." They were going to have to agree to disagree on that one. But she knew her friend well enough to know that he wasn't going to budge on his stance. 

"I know you're here for me." She smiled and placed a hand affectionately on his shoulder. James was a sweetheart. He could be so uplifting to talk to when someone was down, too. But Lilythe didn't know how to talk about the break-up with Shadow. Most people wouldn't have understood. The two had been slowly drifting apart for years. Her ex hadn't been ready for it though, even though everyone around them could see it coming. He had said some pretty hurtful things as they were breaking up, but Lilythe didn't blame him. They had been together for years. Shadow had never been one to give up on something once his mind was set to it, and it had been set on being with Lilythe since they were children. But somewhere along the way, Lilythe and him grew apart and it would have been unfair to keep him in a relationship when she wasn't in love with him anymore. He deserves to find love.

"Well I never officially stepped down as Cabin Leader, so... It's definitely still my place. And I'll probably just going back to teaching the campers how to scout like I have every summer since I was 16." She chuckled softly. "What about you? Picking up anything new to instruct this year? What have you been up to?"

• Like 1

James wished Lilythe could see herself as others did. She didn't need to be Percy Jackson or Annabeth Chase to be special. He knew she was special the moment he met her when they were little. James had immediately befriend her when he met her. When she placed a hand on his shoulder his grin on his face wided. James had been in a few off relationships but none as serious as lilythe had. He watched as the two of them as they drifted apart. It wasn't a hard thing to watch them go through. Since they had been together for so long. As he asked the questions he wanted to know what her plans were for since she was back. Lilythe agreed to take her place as cabin leader since she never stepped down. "Great" he said when she finished. "Well I am teaching creature lore these days and I have been trying to come up with some fun activities for the campers.....Been practicing with Dustin in hand to hand combat."  He then pointed to his guitar which was in the corner. "Also been writing some new songs lately and I can't wait to sing them at the campfire!" 

• Like 1

Lilythe had been at Camp Half-Blood for pretty much her whole life at this point. Leading activities during the summer and going on quests was pretty much all she knew. She couldn't imagine walking away from being the leader of Hermes cabin ever. The idea just felt insane. That was her home, and the residents were her brothers and sister--or cousins for those who weren't claimed yet. She felt like she needed to look after them, and they gave her a purpose to keep her head up. Taking the time away from camp to heal after Shadow hadn't been something she enjoyed, but it was necessary to get her head back on straight. Break ups were tough, especially ones that happened after several years of being together.

She appreciated that James didn't push the subject further. She really had never been all that comfortable taking compliments anyway. At least, not ones that made her feel like people held her in high regard. She was always afraid she would let them down. Instead he went on to answer her question, which she genuinely appreciated. Lilythe beamed as he said he had written some new songs. While creature lore was definitely an interesting change of pace for him, she knew how much he loved his music and Lilythe always encouraged people to follow their passions. "Really? What songs did you write? Can I hear them?" She hopped up onto the counter to sit as she waited for him to continue.

• Like 1

James was happy to have Lilythe as a friend but more like his closest family member. She had always been there for him no matter what he had gone through or the failures he had had. When he missed his sister he would go hang with lilythe and her presence gave him comfort. Just like anything he did, Lilythe always encouraged him in his passion with music. He might not be an apollo child but he held his own when it came to music. Smiling he nodded and went to get his guitar. Coming back he sat down and began to strum. He began to play his song brother which was a call to all his brothers and sisters at camp.  When he finished he felt like he was beaming. Opening his eyes he looked over to lilyth.

• Like 1

Lilythe sat there and listened as the music began to flow from James. She smiled brightly at the song he sang. It was clear that the song was from the heart. Honestly, he could have given the children of Apollo a run for their money with the way he was playing. It was absolutely beautiful. When he finished, she clapped and smiled softly. "That was really lovely James! You're going to make those Apollo kids jealous if you keep that up." With that she hopped down from her countertop.

"That reminds me... We should start figuring out how we're going to divide the teams up for capture the flag this year..." Every summer, they participated in capture the flag. And every summer, Lilythe and whomever she roped into helping--often James and Dustin--helped her divide the teams. It was never perfect, and the task was harder than it sounded. You had to be careful to balance power levels of parents with quantity of children. For example, Apollo and Aphrodite could probably make up their own team by themselves with sheer numbers, but it wouldn't be the most powerful. Lilythe took her task very seriously. 

Important Information

Terms of Use