bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Octavia's enterence

Octavia Davis

Her little face was pushed into her the older boys neck. He had helped save her as her father yelled at her to go with him. she had only looked up a couple times before she became comfy with the idea of lifting her head. Which when he patter her back she couldn't help but look at him. He looked like he was a mean person, but deep down she knew he wasn't because he wouldn't have helped her if he was. "Look, we're almost there." He told her as he pointed to the big blue house a couple yards in front of them. Octavia's eyes widened at the thought of having to meet all these knew people. She let out a little squeak and burred her head back into the guys next. He had told her his name but she had already forgotten it. She could hear the door open and she felt herself shift his the older boys arms. She tightened her grip around his neck. 

• Like 1

Honestly, when he said that he would help bring a camper back, he never thought that it was going to be a little child. She was only eight and it hurt him to see since he knew how it felt having to be brought here away from family. Even thought his mother had been taken away to a mental house, however, he knew. He tapped "Look we're almost there." He said hoping that she would look up at the house. It was home. He was glad to be back. Honestly, he didn't like being away anymore. It was wrong to him. Then again, he didn't feel like fighting for his life all the time. He knew he could but still. He sighed some when she let out a squeak and nestled right back into his neck. He had this sinking feeling that he was going to be the one that had to do the most with her. It wasn't that he cared to, it was just that. Well, he wasn't very kid friendly. With another sigh he opened the door and walked in, feeling Octavia once again grip around his neck. "Anyone in here?" he called out hoping that one of the other two older campers.. 

• Like 2

James had just finished getting his material ready for his monster lore class he would be teaching this summer. He was ready for the campers to come back. That was when he saw in the distance what looked like Dustin with a youngling in his arms. This made him laugh a bit as he knew how dustin felt about kids. Jogging a bit faster he was rushing up the hill to the big house. Opening the door he took a deep breathe in as saw the little girl hold on to Dustin a bit more. "HEY THERE" he said in a gentle voice. "It is going to be okay, let me go get some cookies" he rushed off to the kitchen and found a plate of cookies that Lilythe must have made. Coming back into the room he nodded to dustin to head to the living room. Sitting down the cookies on the table he took a seat. "Hey there, my name is James and I am a cabin leader here at Half Blood Camp. What is your name little one?" he spoke to her in a gentle manner hoping to make her feel safe. 

• Like 1

The new voice that came in a way scared her. She wasn't sure as to why, because it sounded to be coming from a nice man. She blinked and moved her head a little from the boy's neck as she peeked over to the other boy in the room. However, when he said cookies, she couldn't help but lift up a little more. The boy who's arms she was in seemed to sigh a little and went to place her on the ground. She freaked out a little but he gave her a smile before rubbing the top of her head. "You're safe here, no ones going to harm you." He told her as he stood up before looking at the other man. He seemed to say something to the other guy but she didn't pay any attention to him as she flipped up Dustin's pant pocket to get her jar of pennies. She stopped for a moment as Dustin seemed to place a hand on her shoulder to slightly push her into the living room, helping her to her seat. Her attention was now on the man with the simi long hair. She glanced down at her jar of pennies as he asked her name. "Octavia Davis." she said in a small voice, still feeling a little shy and not really understanding why she was here.

• Like 1

Dustin couldn't help the sigh that came from him when he saw James enter the house. Thank the gods. He smiled at the man and nodded his head. He didn't think there would be anyone better than him, or well Lilythe but she wasn't here so he would do. He placed Octavia down and noticed her little freak out and rubbed the top of her head. "You're safe here, no ones going to harm you." he said trying to reason with her before standing up and looking over to were James went. "Hey man. She's only eight, her and her dad were attacked when I arrived. I'm not sure if her dad made it or not. I just remember him screaming at me to take her and go." He said rubbing the back of his head. "I know you'll be better at this and I would be so I'll give her to you. If you need anything let me know." He said walking himself and Octavia into the room as he looked at the young girl once again. "Bye Octavia see you soon okay." he grinned at her before taking a cookie and walking out the back door to the camp. He really needed to get things ready for his classes. 

{exit Dustin}

• Like 1

James knew this could be troublesome for all of the children of the gods but even more for the little ones. He thought back to his own experience of becoming an orphan from his mortal parents but he was lucky. For his mother the goddess of luck passed on her ability of luck. He had gotten through a tragic attack from monsters when he found out he was a demi-god. As he walked over to get the cookie tray Dustin came over and talked to him about the little girl. Taking in everything he nodded "No worries man I got this." He watched Dustin walk over to the little girl and tell her bye.

James sat down and asked her her name. She replied with Octavia Davis and she was looking down at her jar of pennies. "I know this might be scary but you are safe here I promise" he placed his hand over his heart. "So octavia do you know anything about the greek gods or goddess?" 

• Like 1

The boy the helped her out seemed to have other things to do as he got there. For some reason, he wanted to leave after he saved her. How was she going to thank him. She went to open her mouth a little to say something but Dustin had already taken a cookie and left the house. The young girl couldn't help but pout a little now looking at the empty hallway. Maybe she should make him something as a thank you. Was there a place like that here? Better question, was there kids her age here. 

Her eyes snapped back to James as he spoke to her. Saying the same thing that Dustin had just said as well. So, if they were both saying it then it had to be true right? It was her thinking, and what did she know? She was only eight years old. Her eyes widened and her head tilted to the side as James as her if she knew anything about the Greek gods. "N..no.. who are they?" she asked now listening to him more. "Are they up in the sky, do they watch us.. that's kind of scary." She said holding out the jar of pennies before trying to put them on the table but came up short. The jar hit the ground and Octavia's eyes widened more. A loud gasp came from her lips as she jumped down from the chair she was in to make sure the jar was broken and the coins she had in there for safe. 

• Like 1

Dustin had never been a demi-god that was good with kids. Even when he was that age he had a hard time. So when he left the little demi-god seemed to pout. "Don't worry little one he will be around and you will see him again!" he promised her with a smile. That was when he began to talk to her to tell her about the gods. "Well the greek gods and goddess have been around a long time and all have powers that people have been marveling for a long time. " he stopped "They sometimes fall in love with mortals and make children like us. I am a son of Tyche the goddes of luck." he smiled thinking of his mother. He was found of her and had been around her several times for a quest or two. That was when she asked if they were up in the sky. "Well sort of, they use to be in Greece and now they are at the top of the empire state building." He was going to let that all sink in and listen to her questions.

• Like 1

James' word seemed to bring her a little more ease. So she would see him again. That was good. Though, his smile seemed to make her forget about the other boy for just a moment. Which was totally fine for her. James had seemed to be more gentle and less rough around the edges like Dustin had been. She nodded at him and listened to him talk about the gods. She really didn't understand, but there were things that her eight year old might could grab and hold on to. Her eyes widened when he told her his mother was Tyche. Goddess of luck. A bright smile came to her lips as something clicked. Something that linked him and her together. She held her jar tighter. "Like my pennies. They are lucky." She grinned brightly at him bringing the jar out to show him. "Just so you know, if you were a penny I'd keep you." She grinned with a cheeky smile that only an eight year old could give. Her mouth dropped open when he said they were on top of a huge building. "WOW!" She said as her blue eyes widened at the thought. Her daddy had shown her pictures when she was a bit smaller. 

• Like 1

He smiled as his words seemed to put her at ease. She must be a bit attached to Dustin as he did save her life. James loved working with the younger campers as they reminded him of his own little sister back in the mortal world. They were little and had a bunch to learn! This little girl in particular melted his heart. There was something special about her he could feel it. As he tried to explain to her she then showed him a jar of pennies. "Oh where did you find those?" he asked with a little laugh playing on his face. Pennies could definitely be lucky especially if they were found heads up. "Awww well that is kind of you! You would be the best penny one could find" he gave her a wide smile. He knew she was young but didn't know how much she really understood what he told her. "So when those gods fall in love with people like our parents they have children like us, we call them demi-gods......" he paused for a bit "so you also have a parent that is a god or goddess, making you a very special child" he then touched her nose. 

• Like 1

Her little face brightened up when he started talking about her pennies. "Well, I collected them. I would find them on the roads, they were heads up too. Daddy said that was pretty lucky." She grinned as she looked down at her jar once again. Her eyes only widened more as he told her she would be the best penny. She couldn't help but giggle at him. Her daddy had told her she had been one lucky girl to be able to meet so many people and make them smile. She was now excited, though nervous, and rightfully so. "Wow! So my daddy feel in love with a god. Wow!" she blinked a little thinking about it. Sure, it was what it was, she honestly didn't really have any more questions with that. Her little brain couldn't help but just agree. She jumped up and grinned more. "So can I go see them now?" She questioned, talking about the others like her as she held out her hand. "Like mister Dustin, you and me."

• Like 1

James watched as the girl's face in front of him lite up when it came to her pennies. "Wow, I am impressed" he said with a little laugh "You must be one lucky girl!" he said looking at her with joyful eyes. James missed his little sister, well she wouldn't be so little anymore but she would always be james little sister. He watched Octavia as she giggled and he was happy she wasn't so scared any more. James was lucky in that sense that he could make most little ones feel better. Next was the hard part which was explaining to her what was going on. She seemed to get that her dad feel in love with a goddess which was good for her age. "Yes and hopefully soon you will find out who that is!" That was when she jumped up and asked if they could go see them. "Well we can't see the gods but we can go see the other campers." He stood up and held out his hand. "Maybe we can go you some food if you like!" 

• Like 1

She hummed a little as she nodded her head. "Daddy says the same thing." she told him and grinned more because what little girl didn't like to be told that they were lucky. For some reason she wanted to be like James. She wanted to be next to him. "Can I stay with you?" she questioned as she wasn't sure if she would like to be put off on another person at all. Dustin seemed to have thing to do so she was okay with that however, James seemed to be a gentler soul and she wanted to stay with him. When he told her that she would soon find out who her parent was she giggled a little. "Will she like me?" She questioned him curiously. "Daddy told me that if my mommy found me she would love me." she didn't know how much of that was true but in her little heart she had hoped as much. She wanted to be loved and have a big family. Which apparently according to Dustin this was like a big old family. However, her smile kind of went to a frown when he told her that they couldn't see the gods. Oh? How was she supposed to see her mother then? But he had told her that they would be able to go see the other campers, which meant the 'family'. She watched him stand up and hold out his hand and she gladly took it. Her little hand  fitting pretty small in his own. "Yes please. Can I have some ice cream?" She questioned him with another cheeky smile. 

• Like 1

This cute little camper was one he was starting to adore and could see a friendship happening between them. Hearing that little Octavia wanted to be with him "Well I can except for cabin's. That is unless you are sorted into my cabin" he smiled sweetly at her. He know that might be hard for her to hear but getting an idea he quickly said "Well you will be in Lilythe's cabin which she is very nice so it will be okay" he said to her with a promising smile. Knowing that she wasn't the biggest fan of Dustin, maybe Lilythe would be comforting to her. Especially if she got claimed by a god who wasn't the kindest but that didn't seemed to be the case with her he thought. He had an idea who her mother might be but he would have to wait. 

"She will love you I have a feeling" he said hoping they god. He closed his eyes as said that little thought to them hoping they would hear his request for the God who was her parent be one that is gentle and kind. Octavia was not happy with the idea of not seeing her mother but in time she would get it. Taking her hand the two would go out of the cabin "Yesss and maybe some cookies" he suggested to see if she liked that idea.They would get some food then go to the bone fire together. 

[exit][you can have your last post here then post HERE]

Important Information

Terms of Use