bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Katie’s entrance

Katie Rose

Katie had just turned thirteen this month. She knew something was off all along and her birthday was unique itself. Her mother had been home this few weeks but usually she was busy at work so this was how Katie found out that something was off. Her odd dreams came again and this time it was someone who looked pretty old and yet very handsome to tell her to prepare herself for somethings coming. One night she had been at school clearing her homework and she was late back to home. She felt something closing in on her and felt the urge to run. She was actually quite strong herself even though she was quite small and short for a girl. She just ran and came near to an unfamiliar route towards the woods. Her brother managed to pick her up when she fell stepping on something hard. Probably a rock. Until then, her brother, also a Halfblood, managed to bring her to an opening where she found an entrance to a place, probably only they can see it, and she watched in amazement. “Where is this place?” Her brother left her with someone else who appeared to have goat-like features. So she waited. 

• Like 1

James was just finishing up talking to one of the other cabin leaders as they were getting ready for summer when the oven went off. Putting on mittens on be pulled the tray of freshly baked cookies out of the oven. Placing it on the counter he then smiled as he looked back to the table where he had some Ancient Greek books on monster lore. He taught the class on it at camp and had always been fascinated with the monsters since he was first attacked. Stretching he walked through the house and out onto the porch. That was when he saw a satyr with what looked like a new camper. Waving his arms he smiled “Hey over here you two.” James called out hoping to get their attention. 

Edited by James Selway
  • Like 1

Katie was absorbing the whole environment, not knowing where she had stepped foot into. But the rush of excitement came as she had been seeking for this all along. That explains all the dreams she had, although she still have no clue who her grandparents were. She thanked the satyr for this even though she hadn’t met him before. As she heard someone calling them over, she turned and walked towards the older boy who seemed to be a leader here. Hi, I’m Katie. Sorry but where am I?” She still looked a bit overwhelmed with everything but with someone here to guide her she was partly relieved. 

• Like 1

James was happy to see a new camper and one who didn't seem to be running for their life. That was when James saw them walking over towards him. The younger camper began to introduce herself to him. "Well Katie, first I want to welcome you to Half Blood Hill! This is a camp for Demi-gods" he said. Knowing he could be a bit more specific he said "We are around the long island area of new york" he said nodding his head with a smile. He had been at this camp ever since he was eight. He had fought int he wars with Percy Jackson and saved the camp. "Come inside the big house and we can talk" he said beckoning her in after him as he walked into  the house himself. He found a plate of cookies and lemonade that he had prepared a bit earlier. Turning he waited for her to come in and took a seat in the living room. 

• Like 1

Katie nodded as the older boy spoke although still feeling clueless with the unfamiliar things around her. Sure she had dreams about the happenings that will come to her but she needed some time to absorb all at once. So she was one of the demigods just like the rest of them here. She followed him to a big house and towards a living room and plopped down onto one of the seats, looking around mindlessly. ”Nice place.” She smiled taking one of the cookies in front of her. ”Thanks. I think I need some right now heh.” She waited for the boy to continue. 

• Like 1

As james walked her to the living room he was happy to help another camper. It was an honor to be one of the cabin leaders who had fought in the war with percy jackson. He was working with chiron to train the next generation of heros. The young girl took a seat and he smiled. "Want any more? Take as many as you like" He asked as he grabbed a cookie and ate one himself.  So sitting back he thought he would start. "So my name is James and I am a cabin leader here at Camp Half-Blood. So you are probably wondering why you are here and it is because you are a demi-god. A child of one of the greek gods or goddess" He stopped to let that sink in as this might be a surprise to her or not. "Katie what did the Satyr tell you and I can fill in the rest!" He said nodding his head with a smile. 

• Like 1

Katie smiled at the older boy as she felt a surge of warmness from him. She grabbed another cookie as she was feeling hungry after the long walking to the camp. Honestly this was one of the best cookies she ate so far. She listened to James, who introduced himself as the cabin leader, as he talked further about demigods which was what she was clueless about. So she was one of the descendants of the Greek gods and goddesses....but who? She tried to recall what the Satyr told her when she got here. ”Hmm, I remember that he told me that one of the gods and goddesses will claim me when I’m turning 13, and that it‘ll happen when I get here....” Yeah she knew there was something to do with claiming but she had no idea what that was. 

Edited by Katie Rose
  • Like 1

James was happy to see the young girl relax. He took another cookie himself as he was a bit hungry. Helping half bloods realize who they were was no laughing matter. It was tough work just like training them would be. "That is right! Typically it happens at the campfire after your thirteenth birthday."  He said to reassure her.  "Percy jackson saved the Gods some time ago and then made them swear on the river styx that they would claim their children by the age of thirteen. Because otherwise it is a dangerous life for a clueless halfblood." He had a grim face thinking of a defenceless demi-god that was attacked by monsters which was a fatal way to go. James watched Katie as he spoke. Some of this could be a lot to take in. 

• Like 1

Katie nodded as James spoke as it was getting deep, but there was no trouble in understanding everything to her since she was eager to learn her family history, and everything going on in the camp. If it meant thirteenth birthday she was going to get claimed soon. The name Percy Jackson was quite familiar as she thought she heard her mum mentioned it before, or it was her brother. Though there was something she couldn’t quite make out of, like why were they be in danger all the time. ”Hmm but why? Do monsters always hunt for demigods?” She thought maybe it was something they have that the monsters kept preying for them. Speaking of monsters she’d like a monsters 101 for sure, maybe they do teach here as well, being a geek she was. 

• Like 1

James knew it was a lot to take in for the half-bloods that came to the camp. It was more dangerous for those who knew and didn't come to camp! As they were not trained in how to battle a monster. James knew their scent became stronger to the monsters when they find out their identity. "Monsters love the scent of demi-gods and try to destroy them. They will try and find demi-gods as they are the only ones that see through the mist and can destroy them with their celestial bronze." He knew he might have made her a bit confused but knew in time she would understand. "i teach the class on monster lore here at camp halfblood!!! So if you have any more questions let me know" he said shaking his head up and down. 

• Like 1

Katie tried to keep up with all the information James was telling her about. The mist and celestial bronze she took note of. So demigods do have something that made the monsters hunt them, she was lucky to be safe from them everytime. Perhaps maybe her godly grandparent had to do with it. ”Ooh i’d love to be in that class! I think I’ll save some questions when I take that class haha.” Monster lore sounds interesting to her, actually just what she needed right now, but yeah she had to calm down a bit. She was looking forward to the campfire more to know who her godly bloodline was after all these years. ”So what happens after we get claimed? Do we live here and get trained as a demigod?” She wondered how that would be like, but it would definitely be different from her usual school life. 

• Like 1

"Awesome I can't wait to hear them! You can always come to me with any question no matter what." James said in his surfer voice as he nodded his head. Happy that at least one of the newer campers would be happy to take one of his classes he went on katie's intro spill. "Well katie you will live in Hermes cabin until you are claimed" he said with a smile thinking back to his own happy days in the hermes cabin. "Then when you are claimed you will go live in the cabin with your other half siblings. " he said as he pointed out towards the 20 cabins they had in a U half circle. "If you have no where to return to then you can live at camp half blood year around but most go home for the year to live with their families and return each summer." 

• Like 1

Katie smiled warmly and nodded when James said that she could come to him anytime. She liked to have older brother figures even if she already had one herself. And she got a little bit excited when she heard that she was going to live in Hermes cabin. That was a name new to her, but she’d like to see how they were like. ”Ah cool Hermes” She gave a deep thought about it. She could probably be related to Hermes, wondering if James was part of them too. She felt relieved that she was able to meet her parents again soon. She was probably missing them right now since this was the first time being so far away from them. This place felt much like summer camp, actually just what she needed. ”Nice, id like to do that every year heh.” Summer time in camp half blood could kick the boredom off. She would miss her old school, but camp life would make a great new start of her demigod life. 

Edited by Katie Rose
  • Like 1

"Hermes is the god of travelers so all unclaimed campers go to his cabin until claimed. Then you will join your half siblings when claimed." he nodded and smiled knowing how important it was for them to family. He had explained almost all they had to know and Katie seemed to be excited to come back every year. "Alright do you have any questions?" he sat forward looking at her with his smile. He wanted her to feel welcome and comforted as he knew most campers had a rough time getting to camp. "If not we can head out and go to the campfire tonight which you should be claimed!" he gave her a wink. 

• Like 1

Katie nodded at what James explained about Hermes, and that explains everything. So she was going to meet the Hermes demigods first then. Sounds nice to be meeting one of the cabins first, before getting to know my half siblings.” She said and smiled shaking her head. ”Nope none right now.” She was also looking forward to the campfire and wondered how they would get claimed. Surely everyone would be gathering around including her brother. ”Thanks for explaining to me all these by the way heh.” 

• Like 1

James smiled and nodded "Anytime, oh welcome to camp half blood!" he stood up and stretched as they had been sitting down for some time. Then looking at katie he beckoned her to join him. He walked to the door at the front of the house.  "This way, I can show you to the hermes cabin." He opened the door and walked out hoping she would follow him.  He looked around at how the campus was bustling with activity.  He walked towards the hermes cabin which was where katie would stay until she was claimed.

[exit][you can have your last post here then post HERE]

• Like 1

”Thanks.” Katie couldn’t be more excited to be here even if it was far away from home. She followed James outside where they headed towards Hermes cabin. She looked around at the busy life camp half blood seemed to be. So her life in this camp would be like this, and that’s cool as she like to keep herself occupied. Beaming, she couldn’t wait to see how it was like in the Hermes cabin. 

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use