bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

A new little start

Octavia Davis

Octavia had been roaming around the camp with James for a while. He had even shown her the ocean which was amazing to her because she had only seen it in the movies. Something about the place made her feel like she was at a better place. Honestly, the eight year old liked it better than her fathers work. Though she did have to wonder where her father was at the moment. She blinked a little and stopped when he stopped her. He had told her that this is where the cabin was going to be and told her to go a head and go in. That he was needing to do things. So being a little scared she walked into the cabin and looked around at all the older kids that were there. There were a couple that stopped her and asked her, her name but she was a little shy and hugged her penny jar a little closer to her chest. That was when an older camper went get a person named Lilythe. James had talked to her about this lady and told her that she would be the best person to talk to. Octavia stood there, her hair slightly messy as she waited for this person to appear to help her out. 

@ Lilythe RaynePegasus.png

• Like 1

It wasn't new for a child to join the Hermes cabin. In fact, it was almost a daily occurrence. So Lilythe didn't even bat an eye when one of the older kids knocked on her door and let her know they had someone to see her. She got up from her bed where she had been reading, and set her book on the nightstand. What did surprise her was how young the kid was. Most of the new campers were preteens. It wasn't every day that someone so young arrived on her doorstep. Poor thing must be terrified. Lilythe watched the way the girl clutched her jar. "Hey there friend, I'm Lilythe. Do you like coins? My friend James likes them too." She smiled and sunk down so that she was just about eye level with the girl. "Do you want to come to my room for a little bit? You can tell me all about those pennies you have." Lilythe pointed down the hall where her room was. The Hermes cabin was always crowded and it looked like the poor girl could use a little space from everyone to feel more at ease. 

• Like 1

She blinked a little as she watched the door open and a woman walk to it. She hugged her jar a little closer to her. Octavia didn't know anyone that was there and of course she kind of stepped back a little. However, when the woman said that her name was Lilythe, she glanced up through her hair and gave the woman a smile. "Coins are my favorite." she giggled a little as she held out the jar to her. "I know where I got everyone too." She said with a nod of her head. However, when she told her that James liked coins too and she couldn't but smile brightly. "I like James." She told Lilythe with another big smile. However, it was long after that she was invited to Lilythe' s bedroom and of course Octavia couldn't help but agree. "Please." she said glancing around and held out her hand for the older camper to grab it. She didn't want to be alone. 

@ Lilythe RaynePegasus.png

• Like 1

"Yeah, James is a pretty great guy." It was clear that the girl was anxious being the center of attention in the crowded cabin. So when the girl agreed to come to her room, Lilythe guided her back and shooed away the other Hermes cabin kids. Closing the door behind them, Lilythe gestured to the comfy chairs against the wall, and her bed. "Sit wherever you like." She said as she made her way towards the edge of her bed. "So you remember where you got every coin huh? That's pretty awesome." Lilythe made sure to show interest in what the child liked. It helped them feel more comfortable, she thought. "Do you want to tell me any of the stories? Also, what's your name?" Smiling, Lilythe waited for the little girl to reply. 

It was her sincerest hope that she could make the girl feel more comfortable. Many people came in and out of the Hermes cabin, and she wasn't sure how long she would be here for. Still, it would be terrible for the girl to feel uncomfortable for the entire duration of her stay. If Lilythe could at least get her to feel like she was a safe person to come to, that would be enough. 

• Like 1

Octavia nodded in agreement about the man. She hadn't know him all the long as she was already some what attached to him. It would be a shame if she wasn't placed in his cabin. Though, she didn't know who her mother was going to be but she was excited either way. She was sure that the cabin mates would love her regardless. She noticed Lilythe telling the others to go away and the young girl seemed to be okay with that. She needed to have some alone time with the older girl. Lilythe told her to sit where ever she liked and she picked the big chair next to the wall. Her little feet dangling off the edge of the seat. "Yeah. Wanna hear about them?" She grinned excited to talk about her pennies that were in her jar. She of course had a favorite one and it normally stayed at the top of all the other ones. She pulled out the penny that she was thinking about and held it out in her hand for Lilythe to see, however, the last bit of the older girls sentence made her 'oh'. "My name is Octavia. I'm eight years old." She grinned more at the thought of having everyone like her. 

• Like 1

Lilythe was pleased to see the young girl settle herself into the room okay. She had chosen to sit in one of the bigger chairs near the wall. Her feet dangled adorably off the edge of the chair. It had been a long time since a little kid had come to camp. "It's very nice to meet you Octavia." Lilythe beamed. She then looked at the penny that Octavia was holding out to her. To Lilythe, it wasn't anything special but she could tell it held important meaning to the girl. So, she did her best to show interest as the girl offered to explain about them. "Is this one your favorite? Tell me all about it!" Sitting back in her bed, Lilythe allowed herself to get comfortable. Hopefully, by letting Octavia talk about what interested her, and displaying her own comfort, Lilythe would be able to convince the girl that life at camp didn't have to be scary. Though she did hope that the child's parent would claim them soon. It was always heartbreaking to watch the kids who had been here for years being forced to wait until they were 13.

• Like 1

Octavia had a bright smile on her lips as Lilythe greeted her. "It's very nice to meet you too." She said back to her. Her father always told her that it was polite to say back to her because she needed to be nice to everyone. Of course, she couldn't help but be that way because she was little and never had anything bad happen to her anyways. However, the smile never left her face as she showed Lilythe the penny in her hand. "Oh yes." She began with a happy little voice. "This penny was my first one ever." She began as she kicked her feet a little bit more. "Me and my daddy were walking along his work when a funny little man came up to me and told me. I reminded him of a lucky star." She said with a giggle. "Apparently my smile makes me a star." She trailed off her story for a moment. "But he asked my daddy if I could have the penny and of course, my dad didn't mind and I've had it ever since." she ended her story with a nod. "It's the oldest one I got, even the year is old...see?" She took her tiny little finger and pointed at the year on there.

• Like 1

Lilythe smiled. It was refreshing to see a girl so unscarred by the opinions of others. There wouldn't be too many more years left before Octavia started worrying about what everyone else thought about her. Lilythe hoped she'd preserve this happiness and innocence a little longer. "You do have a very lovely smile." She said giving Octavia another smile. Lilythe had listened intently as Octavia spoke about her favorite penny, and could tell that she was very passionate about her love for them. "Wow that one is really old!" The older had climbed out of her spot on the bed to look at the coin in the girl's hand.

Sitting back down on her bed, Lilythe pondered. I wonder if it's just pennies, or if she'll like other coins too. "Did you know that the Greeks have their own coins? They're called Drachmae. Do you want to see one?" Lilythe was pretty sure that she had one in her nightstand if she looked for it. If  Octavia liked other kinds of coins, that would be good to know too. Whenever Lilythe went on quests she tried to bring back things for the more vulnerable campers who couldn't leave the camp often so that they could have something from the outside world. She could bring back coins she found for Octavia.

• Like 1

Octavia couldn't help but blink and smile bigger as she heard what Lilythe has said about her smile. "Well, you are very pretty." She told the older lady as she mirrors her smile. Now the child would never lie. She was nothing but bluntly honest with people. She believed what her father had told her. There was no point in lying if it was going to hurt the other person. She watched as Lilythe got off her bed to look at the coin and Octavia couldn't help but smile. "They all have a special meaning to me." She nodded her head and swung her legs a little more in the seat as she put the coin back into the jar she had. 

The young girl blinked when Lilythe told her that the Greeks had their own coins. "Really?" She asked curiously as nodded her head that she did want to see one. Were they like the coins that she had or were they different? Could she spend them like normal coins? These questions and more came to her head as she waited for Lilythe to bring out the coin. 

Lilythe smiled as the girl complimented her. "That's very sweet of you to say Octavia." She began to dig through the drawer in her nightstand to find the leftover Drachmae as Octavia's eyes lit up. It appeared that it was, indeed, all coins that the girl was fond of. After a few minutes, she managed to find it hiding at the back. "This is a drachmae. I always keep one handy in case I need to send an Iris message. That's kind of like a telephone call. Maybe I can show you where we do that sometime." Lilythe brought the coin over to Octavia and let her look it over. 

"Is there anything else at camp you want to see before we go to the bonfire tonight?" Lilythe asked the little girl. She wasn't sure what else she could do to entertain her, but now that she seemed more at ease, she might be willing to look around the camp.

• Like 1

Her little feet began to swing a little more as she watched the older camper do her thing. However, she couldn't help but giggle a little as Lilythe told her that what she said was nice. Well, her daddy had always told her to be kind to people, and the fact that Octavia never lied about things like that. Kids were too honest for their own good sometimes. So, be prepared to know that if there was something that she didn't like, she would have said it in a heartbeat. 

The gold coin made her eyes widen. "Oh wow." She grinned as she glanced at it a little longer. Though Lilythe had said something that confused her a little. Iris messages were like phone calls. "So you can hear the other person like on a phone?" She tilted her head a little as she questioned the woman. "Yes, please show me. Maybe I can get ahold of my daddy that way." She sounded happy with herself. Though, she didn't know that her father wasn't around anymore. She hadn't kept up with what Dustin and James had talked about. 

She was asked about what else she wanted to see around camp and honestly, she knew nothing about the camp. So of course she wanted to see all of it. Not that it bothered her right at the moment. She was sure that she would be wandering around the place tomorrow after she woke up. "I think.." She started with a small yawn on her face. "I think I can wait till later."

Lilythe smiled at Octavia's reaction to the coin. Then she continued, "Iris messages are more like... video messages. You record something and then send it." Lilythe wasn't sure if mortals could use it to send messages back. She didn't want to make a promise to the little girl that she couldn't keep. Lilythe, herself, hadn't had any mortals to keep in touch with when she arrived at camp. Her house had burned and she had lost her mother. There wasn't anyone outside of the camp to keep in touch with. It broke her heart that this little girl had to be separated from her father, whom she clearly loved very much. 

Noticing the little girl was getting sleepy, Lilythe smiled. "Do you want to head to the bonfire now then and get a good seat?" She beamed at the kid. Hopefully the ceremony would be short and Octavia could get to sleep at a decent hour. 

• Like 1

The young girl couldn't help but nod her head a little as she listened to the older camper. Maybe she would be able to use this to try and get in contact with her father. She would have to see if James would help her out with it, or heck maybe even Dustin would help her out. Maybe there would be something good come out of it in the long run. She smiled happily at the older camper, she already had a mission that she was going to try and get done by the end of the week. 

"Yes please." She grinned as she jumped up from the chair with her pennies making the clinging noise that it hit the top of the jar. "So, the bonfire.." She started and she watched for Lilythe to come with her. "Is it where we get claimed by our mommys and daddys?" She blinked up more curious than not. Would this be where she meet her mommy. She honestly didn't know how it was going to happen. Did the gods come down and claim them that way?  

• Like 1

Lilythe wasn't sure how to answer the girl's question. Many kids would be claimed that night. Not all of them though. The gods could technically wait until their 13th birthday. "Maybe! They do for some kids. It's... hit or miss until you're 13. Sometimes they wait until then." Lilythe didn't have it in her to tell Octavia that the godly parents weren't the best parents. Absent parenting is putting it lightly. Most half-bloods never got to see their parents. And when you did get to see your parent, it usually was because something was going terribly, terribly wrong in the world. Seeing the gods, other than Mr. D who still finishing off his sentence from Zeus at Camp Half-Blood, was not typically a good thing. And claimings weren't always a blessing either. Sometimes it meant discovering your parent wasn't the god you had hoped for. Sometimes it meant moving into a cabin where you felt awkward. She had seen enough to know that not every child was pleased with who their parents were. Please let this one be different. She hoped, for Octavia's sake.

• Like 1

Octavia listened carefully to Lilythe as she did want to know if her godly parent was going to come and see her. And honestly she didn't really get a clear answer from the adults in her life. She sighed a little and nodded at the thought. "Well, maybe I'll get lucky." She told the older camper with a smile. Not really understanding that if she did, it meant that something bad normally was going down. It would take some time before that would happen, maybe when she got older and understood everything more clearly.  Though at the end of there conversation, Lilythe walked to the door and showed her the way out to the bonfire. This was going to be an interesting bonfire. 

End rp.

Important Information

Terms of Use