bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Dining Pavillion

James Selway

James was excited that so many new campers were there and having a good time. Some were even going to be claimed that night as the 13th birthdays had come in the past year. Excited to feel the energy around the camp he was walking some of the campers who had arrived that day to the dining pavilion. "Okay go get your food and then find your tables like we talked about" he said to the campers with the biggest smirk on his face.  As he stood up with his hands on his hips as he looked around to see if any other Cabin Leaders were already there. Walking in himself he found his way to go get some of the food they had for that evening. So much was in the air about this summer, what adventures would be had or classes would be taught. With everyone just arriving he knew it would be a fun night of talk and laughing. 

tag: @ Lilythe RaynePegasus.png

• Like 1

Lilythe had her tray in hand, having already gotten her food, when she saw James walk in with a bunch of new campers. "There's so many this year..." She said with a smile. It was nice to see so many of them find the safety of the camp so young. Lilythe even felt hopeful that most of them would finally get closure on who their missing parents were. That had been something that had been so very hard on campers that had attended while she was young. So many, before the Titan War, had gone unclaimed by their parents. If you thought Hermes Cabin was crowded now, it was even more crowded back then. "Cabin Leader's table? Or Tyche today?" She asked her friend. The cabin leaders had their own table, but many of them opted to sit at their cabin tables usually anyway.

In reality, there weren't really assigned tables. People could sit where they please. They just tended to gravitate towards sitting with people in their own cabin out of familiarity, and those cabins tended to sit at the same table day after day. So eventually they became known as belonging to those cabins. 

• Like 1

"I know, I am just glad they all made it to camp safely" he said back to Lilythe as he watched them go get in line for food. "Some are super young this year" he said thinking of both Octavia and Derrick. The two of them had gone through so much at such a young age, but maybe they would have a better life being at camp. At least they had their cabin as he was placed in Hermes cabin for some time before he was claimed because of Percy Jackson. "Cabin Leader" he said to her with a smile. He was just happy to have his best friend back at camp. Nudging her, he walked to the leaders table and placed his stuff down as he beamed at her. 

Looking down at his food he began to eat slowly as he waited for the campers he brought in sat down at their tables looking happy. He just wanted to make sure they were good to go.

Edited by James Selway
  • Like 1

Lilythe nodded. She was also glad that they had made it safely. They may have fended off the greater evils in the world, but monsters were still out there. They were still able to attack campers and cause problems. It wasn't even uncommon outside of camp. Sometimes Lilythe wondered how many demigods never made it to their thirteenth birthdays. Still, things were better than they had been before Percy struck the deal with the gods after the Second Titan War. "Too young. They should be with their families still." It always broke Lilythe's heart when homes became too unsafe at an early age. Those kids were usually the ones you wanted to watch though. They were always more powerful than people gave them credit for. After all, that's why the monsters were so attracted to their scent.

As James said he'd be sitting at the Cabin Leader table, Lilythe smiled. She nudged him back playfully as he nudged her. There were several newer campers that probably thought Lilythe and James were an item, but it just wasn't the case. He was one of her best friends in the whole world, but he definitely wasn't her partner. "Good. I didn't want to eat alone." Lilythe followed with her tray and took a seat with him at the table. 

Lately she had been thinking about the other older campers. Many of them had gone off to New Rome for college, or out in the world to explore. She wondered if James had managed to hear from any of them. "Heard from any of the old guard lately?" It was a term she used to refer to the campers that had been around since they were little. There was definitely one person in particular she had hoped to hear more about, but she wouldn't admit that. Not even to herself. 

• Like 1

Grateful for the Satyrs and Half-Bloods that went out into the world to find the Demi-gods to bring them safely as the monsters seem to be drawn to them more and more as their smell increases. His brought a monster to his home when he was just 10 years old but some were even younger than that. What would happen if it was one from the big three. "I know but for some of them, this was probably better than what they had" he said as it was the sad truth. The Demi-god life was not always a grand one found in stories. It was filled with tragedy and broken hearts. 

James had never been for the rumor gossip mill in the camp that tried to figure out who was secretly dating. Or even who was just messing around for a bit of fun. But James was not dating anyone since him and amber broke up 2 years ago. The pain of that still affected him today but he was thankful for friends like Lilythe who helped him through it all. "Nooo never, not while I am around" he said to her with his smile. He tried to eat at the cabin leader table when he could as he needed to talk to those his own age after dealing with such young campers all the time. 

Beginning to eat, his gaze went from the campers back to lilythe "Umm a few of them. Went out to New york to see a few of them that just got back from some of their quest. They are good and send their regards of course" he said a bit sadly. As he missed his friends. It felt as if so many of them had moved on but he was still here at Camp Half-Blood as a cabin leader. But life callings were different for every Demi-god which is what he said to himself but it got hard at times. "Some even joined the Legion" he said thinking of his little visit to them in California. This was done in the winter when there was little to no things going on at the camp anyways. "What about you? Have you seen any?" 

Lilythe knew that James was right, but it still broke her heart to think about it. The life of a demigod was often painful and often far too short.

Grateful for his company, Lilythe smiled as James sat with her. The two had been friends for ages, and she was so very lucky to have him as a support. As James began to talk about those he'd caught up with, Lilythe smiled. "They came all the way to New York and didn't stop by? Rude!" Lilythe laughed. The big city wasn't too terribly far away, but she also knew that some of the older campers had a rough time staying at the camp after everything that had happened. Even Lilythe had needed to leave for a while just to shake things off for a bit. "The Legion? Wow. Good for them, I suppose."

Lilythe smiled as James asked if she'd heard from anyone. "Only Vienna. She sends her love." She was a child of Dionysus that had been friends with Lilythe and James when they were growing up. Lilythe began nervously playing with some of the food on her plate as she asked, "Hear anything from him?" She asked curiously. Lilythe was, of course, referring to Azrael. One of their closest friends who had gone off to university in New Rome. For whatever reason he hadn't kept in contact with Lilythe, which had broken her heart. She missed his companionship every day and wondered how he was. 

• Like 1

Since james was living at camp year around,  it meant a lot of time alone when it wasn't summer. Granted he did use that time to work with the other campers who stayed around as well as travel some. He also wrote a lot of his friends a lot to keep up with them as they all moved on to bigger things in their lives. So having Lilythe back was a huge plus as he had someone around his age. "You aren't the only one who has said that" he laughed thinking of his conversation with Arsen "I was in town for a day and was seeing a few brothers of mine. I really didn't feel like it was enough time to try and get ahold of you in such a big town." Using a phone in the mortal world was a risk that could draw monsters to a demi-god so he played it safe when he was not at camp. But some even found themselves going into the Legion with the promise of living in new rome one day. He couldn't blame them as it was one of the few safe places to raise a family in this world as a half-blood. "But can you blame them? I mean if you survived the legion then maybe you could have a safe life" he said thinking about it himself. 

It was good to hear that the two besties had still kept up with each other "Ohh I miss Vienna, what is she up to these days?" He asked excited to hear names he had grown up with. It was different going to camp as a cabin leader where you had responsibility and stuff to do to keep the camp running. It doesn't allow for him to make deep friendships with the older campers like he did while growing up. But soon enough she was playing with the food on her plate but asked about him. Which he knew who she was talking about which but a smirk on his face. "No I haven't in a while, last I knew he went off to new rome" he said watching his friend as he ate. "Why do you ask?" he asked to her. 

"I don't blame them, I just miss them..." It was no secret that the campers, especially those who had together survived all the trauma that the elder campers had, were Lilythe's family. After her mother had died, Camp Half-Blood had been the only family Lilythe had ever known. Cabin 11 had been her only real home that she could remember. So when the campers left, it was like watching pieces of her family leave. She was always happy for them, but her heart ached at the same time. For some it was even moreso than others. Azrael and Vienna were two that had truly broken her heart when they left. Even her ex, Shadow, had hurt when she left--though that had the extra sting of knowing that their break-up had played a large part in his decision. "You're all my family."

"Vee? She's finishing up her degree. I'm still not completely sure I understand what she's studying." Lilythe chuckled. "She's trying to convince me to go out there now that I'm not with Shadow anymore, but... Camp Half-Blood is home, you know?" The truth was, she was afraid that she would run into Azrael. What if he didn't write because he didn't want to talk to her? What if he had left specifically to get away from her? Lilythe wasn't sure her heart could take that. 

"I'm sure you've heard from Az since then." He had left years ago. But Lilythe respected that James was probably trying to protect her. "I just miss him. It's lonely without him..." Ever since her break-up with Shadow, Lilythe had realized that her past relationship  had gotten in the way of some of her friendships. He had absorbed so much of her time as their relationship progressed with his possessiveness that she hadn't really had time for people. Now she had time, and they weren't around anymore. "I guess I hoped that without Shadow around I might be able to reconnect with people now that I have more time, but... I haven't even heard from him. I'm kind of afraid he hates me..."

• Like 1

Lilythe had a point too. James had missed all his friends as they all grew up to go off to New Rome while he stayed here. It was one of the many reasons his ex left him as she said he had no ambition in life. But amber was one that was toxic anyways but her words did linger in his mind. "You are ours too" he said to her hoping she knew he was serious.  "Lilythe you have been there for me since I got here" he said with a smile. This was true as he was just a small child when he had gotten to camp. Then the war was happening which is when he met Lilythe at camp.

All of their friends had gone off in different directions in the world. It was good to hear that Vee was out doing something she loves. He had wondered what it would be like if he had gone off to New Rome with Amber. Would the two of them be together or would he had been there with Rissa? "Well I can't wait to see her again as it has been a hot minute since the last time." Then sitting back he looked at Lilythe "What would you do if you went to New Rome? What would you study?" He was just curious if she were to go then what would she do. He knew that camp half-blood was home to him as it always had been.  

Hearing Lilythe bring up Az was something he knew she would ask him. He had been close to Az but he hadn't talked to him in a while. The two of them had gone separate ways and it was hard to talk about the other. Az threw himself into New Rome with his studies. James had gotten a letter or two out of him but that was it. "I know you do" he said looking at her when she said she missed him. "NOOOOO he doesn't hate you" james said putting his hand on the table near her. "How could anyone hate you? The shadow thing was " tilting his head from side to side "Not the best and it seemed emotions were high for everyone." 

Lilythe smiled as James said she had been there for him since she got there. "I mean, you were new and needed someone to show you the ropes." She said, chuckling. She remembered when they were younger and some of the shennanigans he would get up to. She remembered the bonfires and the sing alongs. The camp was just so full of memories. It was her happy place. That was why she had to come back. There wasn't really anywhere else she felt like she could go that would truly feel like home to her the same way that Camp Half-Blood did. 

"If I were in New Rome? I don't know..." Lilythe had never really thought about her future before. She had been in survival mode for so much of her life, she mostly had been looking for security more than anything. She didn't really feel like she had a set of skills that were conducive to any sort of honorable career, except maybe searching old crypts for heirlooms. "I guess maybe archaeology? I don't think my father's gifts would come in handy with much else. What about you?" 

"If I knew why he hated me, I'd have already written a letter trying to apologize." Lilythe sighed. It was sweet of James to try and lift her mood, but Lilythe really didn't have the faintest idea of why Azrael had left without so much as a goodbye. "I feel like I lost so many people because of how possessive Shadow got..." She pushed some of her food around her plate with her fork. Thinking about how much she had let Shadow control her, she felt a little guilty. She should have stood up for herself a lot sooner. But he had changed so suddenly, and Lilythe had always thought that he might go back to the boy she had fallen in love with originally. He never did though, and eventually she had to admit that he had changed. Jealousy had gotten the better of him. She still could never really understand what he had become jealous of. It never had made sense. 

• Like 1

James had been a bit young when he arrived at camp, maybe around 10 years old as his dad was killed in the attack by the monster that found him. It was the Satyr that brought him to camp where he met a Cabin Leader. Once he was showed around the camp it was Lilythe who was so welcoming to him. She was a year older than him which meant he looked up to her. Finding out they were in a war meant they had to grow up fast. Not that camp was all stuff about the war but he had so many memories sticking to lilythe as they both were placed in the hermes cabin. "Yeah I am just glad I had you, I feel I would have been lost" he said to her. 

Talking about what ifs, was always fun for James as he was a dreamer. Wondering what he would do off at New Rome he turned to Lilythe to find out what she was thinking. Listening she said she didn't know at first "There has to be something" he said with a smile trying listen. Then it must have hit her cause she seemed to have a good idea "Oh that is a good one, you would be wonderful at that" he said excitedly that she came up with something. But then it was his turn but all he ever thought about was being at camp as a counselor. "That is hard but maybe I would become a teacher for the kids in new rome" he said thinking of the families there. Someone had to teach the young ones. 

The whole Az and Shadow thing was a lot of drama in the camp. His face fell when she talked about so many leaving her because of shadow "You still have me" he said hoping she knew that. "Love makes you do stuff and look over things you never thought you would" he tried to tell her. Hoping that maybe just maybe she would give herself a break. 

Lilythe smiled at James. Sometimes she forgot how much her presence would be missed if she wasn't around the camp. There were hundreds of kids now--some still there, some who had moved on--that she had helped in some way or another. James had a way of reminding her of that. 

"You would be a great teacher James!" Lilythe hadn't spent much time in ordinary school. She had done most of her learning as a 'homeschool' child at Camp Half-Blood since she didn't have family in the mortal realm after her mom passed. She had gotten her GED as soon as she was able to take the test, but that was it. So she had to draw off of what little she remembered from before. James seemed to have the qualities that she felt she remembered of them.

Once again she smiled at his affirmation. "Yeah. I do still have you. And I'm very grateful for it." Lilythe could get a little melancholic and look at the world through a very narrow view, often to her own detriment. James' comment helped bring her back and remind herself that it wasn't about the quantity of friends, but the quality. Those that were still here, they were important and wonderful.

With all that said and done Lilythe finished her meal and excused herself from the table.

~~End RP~~

Important Information

Terms of Use