bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Dance the Night Away.

Once the two are a bit ways from the Dionysus cabin, he glanced at his surroundings to make sure that there isn't a nearby camper. The lights from the Dionysus cabin could not reach them but the moon shone on their area as they stood in a small clearing. It was nothing but silence, save for the crickets chirping and his heart pounding against his chest. McKayla looked beautiful under the moonlight and this could not get any better. Zoren was setting an intense, yet passionate gaze. Time was ticking- it felt like both of them were waiting for his next move but he needed to recompose himself. This is not a dream. His right arm moved to wrap around her waist while the left hand intertwined with her fingers before slightly extending their arms and leaving little room. 

"The moves are not as rhythmic as you did before... but it's slow and easy to follow." His left foot made a soft step forward before his right foot, starting the "box" movement of the waltz. "Left, right, side to side..." If people get close enough to him, they have the honor of seeing him dance. Candidly, maybe even get to hear him sing. Zoren liked to express how in tune he is with a song he liked with simple, but upbeat movements and McKayla is one of the first to witness this wild stallion. This time, however, he wanted to take things slow and show her how he felt about her. "Simple enough, right?" He softly spoke to her as the heart pounding began to subside while his assertiveness seemed to surge in its place. @ McKayla Johnson

• Like 1

The party was still raging on, but she didn't mind leaving know there would be plenty more where that came from! It's not like the Dionysus kids would just only have one party of the summer. Even though that one was fun and she wanted to keep dancing like she was but Zoren wanted to leave. She cared a lot about Zoren so when he said he was ready to go she was with him. He seemed like there was something else wrong with him at the party when he stopped the Apollo guy from dancing with her, but maybe he would tell her. 

The two of them walked until they were in a clearing a bit aways from the cabin, her head looking around seeing the beauty of the camp in moon light. MK swore she was going to see some of the Hecate children walking around as this was the time when they were at the height of their power. But looking back she saw that Zoren was looking at her with a look "What do I have something on my face?" she said smirking while tilting her head giggling. But then Zoren moved to put his arm on her waist and the other holding her hand. Her heart began to race as first she was not the best of dancers but she had also never been this close to Zoren before. Feelings were coming up in she didn't understand but the jungle juice told her to let it happen. Or was that a child of aphrodite somewhere making chaos???

Looking down she was feeling a bit nervous which was crazy as the two of them had hung out hundreds of times but ......never like this. Looking down at her feet she tried to move when he did. Following him which was hard when her head wasn't all there in the dance. Some of it was thinking of all the time she was with Zoren. How he always made her laugh or was there to pick her up. There was one consistent thing in her life and it was him. "This is hard, but I know I can get it" she nervously laughed looking back up at him. Looking back up she saw the moonlight shining down on the child of Athena....man he was cute she thought. Then realizing what she thought her heart was racing even more as the distance between them felt charged. Her brown eyes just looking at him with a soft smile on her face.

Zoren had almost forgot that the Hecate children could be wandering around at this time of the night. Indeed, their abilities are at their strongest during the night time but none of Hecate's child is devious enough to put their nose in people's business and ruin it... at least for tonight. No strings attached. No tricks. Just the two of them dancing under the moonlight without interruptions. 

"You just... look pretty tonight." A soft voice parted his lips with a loving tone. He had always observed her from afar but seeing her up close like this made him feel nothing but euphoric. It's possible that McKayla can be his source of happiness, source of drive, and one of the many reasons he wounded up back at the camp every summer. Sure, they write letters to each other, video called, even send messages over Discord- but none of that compares to meeting her face to face. She is always one to look the other way when he looks at her but tonight, he wanted to change that. Change the way she looks at herself and the way she looks at him at the risk of their friendship. He's got the jungle juice to thank for relaxing his nerves and taking away what some of him could not have done. In no way Zoren is a drinker but he does to share the happy mood with other attendees. 

The gaze upon her lasted until he was looking down at his steps. His nervousness washed away the more they danced, he was happy- evident in the soft smile that stuck to his face. He thought nothing of their company together. They can always be found taking classes together, hanging out wherever and whenever possible. Many campers speculated that they have a sibling bond, others is one side-sided love. It's both which the former is the reason why he had held back these feelings for a long time. "I can't imagine the day where you, a daughter of Nike, saying that a waltz is hard." Zoren did a soft chuckle as he continued to look into her brown eyes.

After a moment, he finally spoke. "McKayla..."

"Ohhhhh Zoren, you are so sweet" she said blushing which was not hiding in the darkness, as the red on her cheeks flushed her face. He had always been her number one cheerleader and yes that was more than her dad. I mean her dad was one that was always there cheering her on but he was only really happy when she won her competitions. Which could get frustrating when she didn't win. But Zoren on the other hand, was there for all the good and the bad times. Everytime she had cried over something or got a new medal. He was the first person she wanted to tell. The amount of photos those two had sent back and forth was crazy. Most her friends back home thought he was her secret crush for as much as text back and forth. But she would just laugh and says it was zoren you know the guy she was best friends with!

When they stared at each other, it felt as if they could see into each others souls. Like the world fell around them and no one else mattered. The boy in front of her who had been her other half. The guy she trusted with anything and everything she felt. Things just didn't feel right unless he was there with her. As they were close together she laughed.  Looking down at her feet she kept worrying that she was going to step on him. This was not a sport she did much in. Almost stepping on his she laughed but looked up for a moment as he made his statement "Excuse me sir, I will take you on in any competition anytime but dancing was not my best forte." This was a true statement as she danced by herself in her gymnastic routine. 

Her face went soft as he said her name "Yesss Zoren" the sound of music played on the wind. Maybe it was just her imaging it but it could also be some Apollo kid who saw the moment and wanted to make it special. 

MUSIC PLAYING

Zoren had always known she is pretty but not pretty. It was not just how fit or curvy her body gets but the person she came to be. Even demigods lose, simply because there are people who have more experienced or our more skilled in others. To mortals, they along with their peers are considered to just be naturally gifted save for their supernatural abilities. There was a time when he went to her track and field competition when it took place near his area and he stood out as McKayla's number one fan. He brought a poster with her name in a font that is strikingly eye catching with her face on it. He shouted at the top of his lungs when she finished first- when she finished second, third, whenever she finished. It did not matter to him if she won or not but she did her best to complete it. It was nice to see her in person again at the time and he got the pleasure of meeting her dad too. She may not know this but Zoren had kept all of her photos she sent and would sometimes look at them to see how she's grown. How they grew. 

Music began to play in the a background with a strum of an acoustic guitar while the lyrics sung only helped better fit the mood they are in. Maybe it was an Apollo kid as well but he did not mind if they helped out with the situation. If they wanted them to get into the mood, they have succeeded. It was not just nostalgia but this hidden love that he had for his best friend this whole time yet... he wanted to be selfish just for once. Wanted McKayla to himself. Seeing someone else have their hands on her did nothing but got him fuming...

"And you'll win on those competitions- because I let you." Zoren teased her once again but he always knew that she won't stop until she reaches the top and he does not want to be an obstacle. Instead, he'll help her get there in any way possible. The music made him feel more calm than he did before, eyes staring at her as they continued to slow dance. He wanted to admire her for a bit and confirm to him that this is the face that always made him happy. For who she is.

"I love you. Like not as a friend, but more than that. I know that we've been friends since like ever and that we hang out all the time during the summer. I am happy. Quite ecstatic that we got to talk online, Discord, letters, voice and video- but nothing compares to seeing you again up close. I wanted to see you with my own two eyes as my voice reaches your ears and not though a pair of earbuds or speakers. You were always there for me and I'd definitely be there for you. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"I love you."

Edited by Zoren Panganiban
  • Like 1

her face turned into one of a smirk when he said he would let her win "Ohhh is that a bet my friend" she laughed trying to get him to really challenge her. She knew he knew that she would stop at nothing to be number one. But it was still fun to joke around with each other. The two of them had always pushed each other over the years which was fun in a way. But soon enough she was following him as Zoren was actually leading her well. Her eyes did not leave his as she felt magical in his arms. Feeling as if she was a princess in his arms. 

That was when he said her name as she wanted to hear what he had to say. Her heart racing as he spoke to her about his feelings. A part of her heart was doing summersaults as the butterflies filled her stomach. Like she had a feeling this might be true but him saying it to her just made her know for sure that Zoren indeed loved her............inside she knew she loved him back. "I" she started to say after he finished but had a pause "You do?" she said with so much passion in her voice. Shocked to know for sure it was true but then felt something inside of her "I love you too" she shouted at him before she looked shocked at herself. "I" she said again looked embarrassed, her eyes looking down but then back at him as she stopped moving. Putting her hand on his face that was resting on his back. "It has always been you I swear by the river styx" she said to him feeling tears in her eyes from being so happy. 

Zoren was smiling out of glee. "No, because you're going to best me anyways if you put your mind into it. Still, I think you should focus on what you do best. Don’t fear the man who knows one thousand techniques. But fear the man that has practiced one technique one thousand times. That's what Bruce Lee said. I'd be lying when I said he did not influence my decision to take up jeet kune do. The movies were cool and I was easily swayed. Had I seen a different movie I would have been set to pursue that practice." A soft chuckle parted from the young man. "Then again, I didn't think I'd get to do this with you so I didn't practice much... but I'm glad I did." Zoren was there when McKayla started form square one to learn a new sport and would often be a teacher to her in terms of rules, etiquette, form, and scoring. He is no personal coach per say but still would take up the temporary role to make sure she is in shape. While it is a struggle to do that outside of camp, he tried his best to make sure she takes the first place, befitting for a daughter of Nike- goddess of victory. 

He was beginning to feel like they are in the center of a romance novel but it is not just those that he surged his confidence from. Even as a child of Athena, he asked for advice in something he hasn't done before as he preferred to hear from experiences and opinion. He began with his father and his pursuit for Athena then to his friends then to his siblings then to a select few campers. They turned out to be somewhat helpful but he went with something he felt like doing. The waltz. Slow and easy. And apparently the music accompaniment became more convenience than an annoyance with the soft, romantic lyrics and mellow rhythm. Dancing under the moonlight alone with just the two of them and a possibility of an Apollo camper nearby.

I love you too.

She said it? She said it. She said it. When she said it, he felt his body grew light as if it jumped off a cliff out of elation. Zoren halted their dance as he looked down on their feet as they stood right across from each other. He needed the moment to recompose himself after professing his love and hearing her reciprocating it. This isn't a dream, he thought to himself. It's real. He looked back at her upon feeling her hand against his cheek, bringing him to do the same to her as he set another affectionate gaze so full of passion. He was euphoric. It had always been her. His drive for success, the need to to improve, and going out there to a better person and connect. It was love. "I swear by the River Styx. Me too. Always has been."

This thumb began brushing soft circles on her cheek, taking the moment to admire her face once more. Their faces slowly leaned in as they closed the distance between each other, eyes closing as their lips finally met with passion and need. His hand was still holding her's from the waltz but soon parted to wrap around her waist and pulled their bodies together. It began with a soft kiss but the lips parted only for him softly say her name. "McKayla..." A more passionate kiss ensued as their lips meshed with each other upon contact. His hand went from her cheek to meet his other behind her waist, locking his fingers as if he trapped her within his warm embrace.

GM rights given w/ permission.

• Like 1

Zoren was one that was smart and intelligent so when he gave advice she listened to him. Her confidence was one that wavered but when he told her something she believed it, because he knew her the best. "I am glad you did too" she laughed knowing that this was a fun idea. I mean most there generation was so obsessed with just grinding and not talking it slow. But in her opinion they were missing out. As slow dancing was a great way of having a good time. It was just him and her in this moment as she was starred at each other. Her heart racing as she felt so happy in this moment. Maybe it was the fact that she felt scene by him. That he respected her in her strengths and weekendness. 

The world stopped in the moment that he said he loved her, as if the goddess herself was saying YES PAY ATTENTION. That was when she really felt what he was saying to her that he loved her. The emotions in her felt easier to talk about than normal so was it Aphrodite working her magic....maybe but she was thankful. As for years she felt like she pined over Dustin when she loved Zoren this whole time. Watching his face as she said what she meant in her heart. Promising to him even in death that she loved him. Even if it wasn't known to her before it was clear to her now. But she felt it wholeheartedly. 

"Really?" she said just because she wanted to hear it, she knew it was true. Zoren was not one to lie at all. Hear heart was one that was vulnerable at this moment as she had always longed for Dustin but felt never good enough for him. But she was looking in the wrong place for the person who knew her worth. Her hand on his face and his on hers, it was a matter of moments she her felt herself kissing him. At first it was light but then it deepened as she found herself kissing him deeper. His lips tight against her own . As his hand pulled her in she kissed him back showing how much she had been waiting for this moment her whole life. The daughter of nike had never been kissed so this was one that she felt so natural doing in that she ended up kissing him over and over until a thought hit her. Letting her lips part with his only to say "Zoren I I don't want to lose you" she said thinking of him leaving next year "I want to be with you forever in eternity." her emotions running high as she remembered he would be leaving camp for who knows how long. Her hand still on his cheek "I can't lose you." 

Zoren did not know how buried her feelings were when she usually focused on Dustin but if this is a work of someone else... perhaps a child of Aphrodite, then he'd be grateful for all the help he got- another reason why he tends to rely on people to get a task not usually done by a single person... done. Even so, he was impressed with himself. Stood up against that Apollo kid from earlier and then managed to say how he felt... in the beginning of the summer no less. The thought of spending the rest of his last summer in camp with her had placed him in a gloomy mood but if he were to repeat that though now, he would be more than glad to do so. To spend it as an item. He truly has nothing against Dustin, save for the fact that he can appear to have lit a fuse at times.

Swearing by the River Styx might be a rash decision to many but it does to show how much their love for each other as grown. To love each other even in death. Zoren had been keeping this to himself for a while now but he understood that swearing by it is the best thing to do to express how much he has felt about her. He could feel her lips pressing against his- even in kissing she seemed like she wants to be the better kisser. Not that he would mind. It was a fleeting moment where he thought he one upped that Apollo kid from earlier, a smug expression made his face when their lips parted. Their eyes meeting again as she reminded him that he won't be at the camp next year which left eerie feeling in his stomach. Very quickly, he reassured her. "I do not want to lose you too. We've been through so many things and experienced them together. No way in hell am I leaving you. No way. Just no way..." Zoren felt like he was on the edge being in a euphoria. "You have my number. Discord. Even my dad's number. Even Malik's. I'll be there within a message away. I just love you McKayla... A lot." He gave her a brief kiss on her lips as his eyes closed just to savor her soft lips. "Forever in eternity. Even in death." He grinned. "Come on. The party has just started."

Having a firm grasp in her wrist, he lead them to his cabin and a night of cuddling ensues.

EXIT.

GM rights given w/ permission.

• Like 1

It was as if the words I LOVE YOU that escaped Zorens lips made MK think about all the times they had together. All the laughs, the hard times and even the tears. Growing up a half-blood had not been all the sun shine and roses you might think it would be. They had a parents who abandoned them after it was all said in done. This got to MK at times as it made her feel not good enough for her to stay around. But because of her mom she met Zoren, he too knew how difficult it could be and even the responsibilities they had to fight monsters.

McKayla's face was hot when she spoke what she knew was the truth of how she has felt for such a long time. There wasn't a moment in her life that she didn't wish to share it with Zoren. He was her best friend, her crush and her soulmate. As what she said came rushing to her brain, it began to think of them having to separate after this summer and she was feeling anxious toil. The two of them swore on the river styx which made her feel as if she was in one of the books she had read. The moment of just them two being there in the moonlight, dancing and professing their love for one another. 

As their lips touched it was such rapturous  feeling that went through her body as it felt so right. Pressing her body into his she told him she couldn't lose him. The worry had been on her mind for more than just tonight. But in Zoren fashion he reassured her, the worry on her face turning into a look of relief. "I love you too, I promise to do everything to see you. I mean my dad won't let me travel all the way to see you during the school year but it won't stop me from messaging you everyday" she said feeling the tears come to her eyes. He kissed her once more as she closed her eyes as she just wanted to make in this moment between them two. It was just the beginning of summer after all and who knows what might happen.

Zoren then said the night was just beginning which made a smirk come on her face "What do you have up your sleeve?" she laughed as she wiped her eyes with her free hand. The other in his grasp as he lead her away to their next adventure. 

Edited by McKayla Johnson

His first day at camp turned out to be quite a roller coaster. From seeing McKayla in person after a year, to witnessing a claiming at the bonfire, to finally having his feelings reciprocated after bottling them for so long. Zoren could not be any more happier but he wanted to take the intimacy further while the both of them are still in the mood. He was growing to crave her lips with every step he made towards the Athena cabin but he is going to miss the music accompaniment they had when they slow danced. It was a nice touch and if he ever found a camper responsible for that, he would thank them in person. Recalling the time he had asked a few campers for advice, one of them was Helena- a child of Aphrodite. If she contributed to their tender moment, he'd have her to thank for as well.

"Hmm... You will see. It'll still be just the two of us." Zoren flashed her a grin when they entered the camp's lodging area. Seeing that it is empty save for some campers leaving or coming back, it was enough for him to be confident that they won't come back for a while since they are busy with a party at Dionysus or elsewhere. The bonfire was just crowded an hour ago but the fire kept on burning to keep the area lit. He had no problem revealing their relationship to others but he preferred to do so when they are ready rather than catch them in their one of many intimate moments. As the two enter the Athena cabin, he took the moment to inspect and found that his siblings had already put their belongings and claimed a bunk bed. And still organized. Zoren had made it a rule to keep things organized so they won't fight over lost materials and having a clean cabin means better for everyone.

Gesturing for her to take off her shoes, he went ahead to do the same and removed his socks as well- leaving his orange camp shirt and beige trousers on. Setting his owl pendant on his work bench, he laid in his bunk bed and tapped with his palm on her vacant spot. "I want you to sleep with me. On our first night. As a couple."

• Like 1

Her hand in his was one that meant such a different thing now that it used to be.  Before tonight it would have just been something she did without thinking of it much. But now it was the guy she had professed her love for against the river styx. The feeling of her hand in his felt right on so many levels. It was comforting but also it made her feel wanted as it was his hand. As he was leading her to a place she did not know. Her mind was going to a song that she had loved so much. Being a hopeless romantic herself....the lyrics playing in her head. 

Sun in my eyes, navy-blue skies
You are the reason I can survive
We'll turn off the phones to just be alone
We'll draw the curtains and never leave home

I had a nightmare (oh)
But now that I'm not scared

This is how you fall in love
Let go and I'll hold you up
So pull me tight and close your eyes
Oh, my love, side to side

Well wherever he was taking her, it would just be them which would be nice. Now that she knew her own feelings for him it would be nice just to have time where they can talk or laugh or maybe just sit together. They walked in the cabin area "Ohh we going to a cabin?" she asked a bit curiously. Maybe she should just be patient and let him surprise her but a smile was on her face. As she felt like she was on cloud nine. Not even winning first place in her toughest competition made her feel this way. But soon enough they arrived to the Athena Cabin "Ohhh so it was a cabin" she said giggling a bit with her classic smirk. The place was much cleaner than her own cabin as it was a bunch of competitive kids who loved to work out all the time. 

Taking off her shoes she carried them with her as they made their way in, the place didn't have anyone in it which was shocking. But again it was the first day of camp so a lot of kids would be out having a good time with their freedom. In her orange camp shirt and short she followed him to his bed. Smiling when he patted the spot next to him, she placed her stuff down on the floor and found her way into the bunk. Slide into the bed, she laid next to him just staring at him as if this was all a dream. "So does this mean you are my boyfriend now?" she asked a bit shyly. MK was not one to assume things and wanted to hear it for sure. She got a bit closer and laid her head on his chest. Listening to Zoren's heartbeat she felt so happy that life did not seem real. 

It was not just any cabin, but Athena's cabin. He wondered what his mother would think about one of her sons brining his girlfriend over to her cabin, expecting some kind of hint or signal that indicates a response. Nothing, as usual so he shrugged at the thought. It was the same cabin that he and his siblings slept in for several summers where he experienced hardships with them, planned and finished projects with them while some even are results of the Hephaestus cabin's collaboration. He was the youngest before but now he is the oldest. He brought McKayla in here before but bringing her in now turned out to be a much different feeling. It was more impassioned with an ardent twist. She was his best friend this morning but now she entered as his partner so that thought could dwell in his mind rent-free. "You've been here before but now it certainly does feel different with how the events have transpired." Giving her a soft grin, he tugged her hand gently before coming in without even checking who saw them.

When she laid beside him, his arm was already extended to the side so he would wrap around her shoulders with it. Zoren closed his eyes to press his lips against her forehead, giving her a gentle kiss while caressing her arm with his other hand. He snuggled up and placed a leg above hers while an arm wrapped her in his embrace. It was pretty obvious on what his answer is going to be but he would gladly remind her who is she cuddling with. "Yes. You're my girlfriend now. My Nike girl." He chuckled at the thought- it was cheesy but nothing else could top this at the moment. "I cannot express how happy you have made me tonight, my love. It feels so surreal. I couldn't wait until the end of the summer. I want to spend my last one with my partner. My soulmate. I dreamt the day where you said you liked me back would come. I always held hope because we always stick together."

• Like 1

MK loved how each of the cabins at camp were designed for the half-blood children in mind. Some were much older than some. Just like the Nike cabin wasn't built until Percy Jackson made the god's swear on the river styx that they would claim their child by age 13. That was when there so many minor gods who were finally claiming their. own children which mean they did not need to stay in the hermes cabin anymore. Looking to the sky she wondered if the gods even cared if their children found love. I mean they fell in love with all their parents or maybe it was a night of passion. But the end result was always the same, the God or Goddess would then abandon the mortal and the child. Sometimes this caused deep pain for some of the kids as they would feel not good enough. MK had gone through that phase in the last few years but now she told herself that she determine her own worth. 

Her hand still in his as she smiled at his words to her. This was true as she was now with the son of Athena, he was no ordinary boy. Following him into the cabin, her heart was racing for the excitement. Most would never know this but MK was a romance junkie as she read so many love stories over the years. So part of her felt like her own story was being written, or was it foretold in the stars? Of her own love story! 

Feeling his arm coming around her pulling her in to kiss her forehead, this was bliss she thought to herself. Wishing this night would never end as that meant they would have to go back to reality tomorrow. As they intertwined themselves she felt whole for once in her life as if this was what she was missing her whole life. But still voicing her question, part of her needed to hear it. The cutest smile came on her face hearing his nike girl "My Athena boy" she said looking up at him. "I am happy you didn't, I mean it feels like" she paused for a moment "That I have felt this way for a long time."

Then kissing him once more she loved the feeling of his lips on her own. 

Even with the god-given intellect, he was surprised to hear that she had feelings for him for quite a while. Even after hanging out with her, he still could not tell if she did- but who could just hint their feelings outright? It felt so deep inside that she remained oblivious to it, that a miracle is performed for her to realize it. He was not nervous anymore but a bundle of fluff is filing his soul every passing moment. Just looking at her eyes with affection, all he could think about now was her aside from the fact that they ditched a party just to go cuddle in his cabin. The bunk beds were made for one person but he made it work for them. Zoren welcomed her kisses, eyes closing to feel the very flesh he wanted for himself. They felt warm and soft, just like her hand when he led her to his cabin. After what felt like a brief moment, his lips parted for him to speak, the corners of it curling into a wide smile.

"I... cannot express how happy I am. To be by your side. To be there for and with you. Honestly, I didn't realize it too. I've thought of you as my best friend, someone whom I can be myself to. Share my life with. When you began to look the other way... to Dustin, that's when I knew." A soft sigh parted his lips, a hand moving up to hold her cheek. His thumb brushing soft circles on her skin. "I did not want to cause a scene or be a bother so I bottled these emotions up and instead, supported you. Be the best friend you ever had. I trained harder." He paused. "I trained harder because I want to protect you and that I want to be THE best friend of McKayla Johnson. Now I am THE boyfriend." Zoren was chuckling, leaning in to peck her lips.

"I was enjoying Aislynn's party at Dionysus's cabin. Socializing with several campers and hearing about their stories outside of camp. It's quite an improvement, but when I saw you dancing with that camper- I nearly lost it. Told him to fuck off and go somewhere else, because you're... my girl." His tongue coated his lips wet as he felt they were growing damp. "I'll probably hear from them tomorrow.

• Like 1

Feelings were such a strange thing for a teenager, as it can be something that could be both confusing but then clear in a single moment. On the one hand she had known for years that she loved talking to Zoren all the time as the two were inseparable in the summers. Then during the school year she would always text him and wait to talk to him when they could. He was the one person she loved to talk to or be around. So the Distance being so far apart in the continental USA was hard. It was as if a piece of her lived out in California while she was in Boston. I mean don't get me wrong, she had friends in Boston but they just never got her like Zoren did. He was just the peanut butter to her Jelly.

In that moment of dancing together, everything just clicked for her. As if years of memories went through her mind all at once as she saw the two of them together, the best of friends in this world full of monsters. Maybe it was the lyrics that triggered it or maybe some godly ability at work. But as she danced with him in the moonlight it hit her that it had always been Zoren and it would always be him who she loved. When he called her his Nike Girl a part of her felt so giddy. His arms wrapped around her, the two embraced. Laying her head on his chest, looking up at him as he spoke. 

Her eyes watched as he talked about how he figured out he knew out he knew. When he got to her feelings for Dustin was when she felt her face go red. Dustin had been the guy she pined after for years but it wasn't serious. As he did not know MK like Zoren did. Dustin had been a workout buddy or even training in the battle arena as he was one that pushed her further and farther than anyone else. "I am sorry about that I was " she said quickly as she realized that must have been hard for Zoren. Feeling his thumb on her skin...the feeling was nice. So she closed her eyes taking it in before she opened them once again. The girl talked about her feelings for Dustin all the time. But as he continued to tell her how he just wanted to be there for her all she could think is 'how do I deserve this guy in my life?' Most girls would kill for a guy that would always be there for her no matter what. There lips were together once more as she wishing to herself how she wished they would just stay there.

Was this all a dream? OR was she is the arms of Zoren in the Athena Cabin? "I am yours and only yours" she shifted to look at him more "Now and forever" her voice was soft. Then a look of challenge came on her face "If they dare, then they face me" she laughed as she thought about that moment tonight. Taking her fingers and slowly walking them up Zoren's chest she felt very happy and overwhelmed by all the emotions she was feeling. As her fingers got to his lips she then leaned to let her lips press against his once more before pulling back to tell him "Zoren I" she began to blush as she could see how she might have hurt him being so oblivious.  "It has always been you that I wanted to tell everything to when we aren't together. You are the one person I love to talk to, to the point my friends back home started calling you my Cali Boy." A smirk was on her lips before she continued "I I ...guess I just didn't realize until tonight how much you meant to me, but I do now and Zoren I swore on the river styx for you. I hope you know I meant that."

Laying her head back down on his chest, all she wanted to do was be close to him in this moment. "Can we stay here together forever?" she joked feeling tears come her eyes. She was just happy she didn't want it to end.

Zoren shook his head. "There is no need for you to apologize. I understand that having crushes his natural and that they are feelings we may or may not have control of. Though... I am glad that it was Dustin that you look to. He is the one who trains you in hand to hand and pushes you to your limit. I- was not able to do that before you first met him. I think he's an alright guy, the most alright Ares child I know. Don't tell him I said that though." A soft chuckle parted his lips, still bewildered that he was telling her about this now. His jealousy towards him that grew into acceptance. Seeing them train together made part of the resolve that kept him to persevere in his training. When there is a day he would protect her with all his strength, he would be looking forward to it. "I still get jealous so I hope you know what you are doing around the guys." A rather childlike tone filled his words before he pressed his lips on her forehead, hinting at his discreet possessive character when entering in a relationship. "I hope that is not a dealbreaker. I will be sad if it is."

Her words then reassured him and cleared of any doubt he had towards her. It's not like he wants to be controlling but he values loyalty to which he very knew McKayla will be. Even so, he seeks to meet her halfway so that there won't be miscommunication in the future. Any fights. Any arguments. They've had arguments in the past but he never let something so trivial break their friendship. Perhaps they argued in advance? He preferred to think it that way. When there is some kind of unsettlement, he preferred to dispute it as soon as possible before letting it drag out and hurt them though he doubts there will be any time soon. The two of them are so... in sync. Hearing about the nickname her friends gave him back in her home made him giggle. Sometimes he loved to tease but it reminded him of the nickname that was given to her every time he's invested in his phone or computer. "MK." He responded. "Mine called you MK for short which brought me to name our playlist MKZoren. It does have a resemblances to Mk, an abbreviation people use to mark progress to an updated component or system. Like Mk II, Mk III- And there goes my nerd talk again."

"I know you mean it so I did the same. Swearing by the River Styx is the biggest promise anyone could make and has to be kept for life." Zoren spoke as a hand slowly moved to wipe her tears as they trailed down on her cheek. Another kiss was made to her lips, one more brief than the last. Her cheek was held by his hand as the other pulled them closer together but not too close for him to feel like he's in a tight space. Right now felt like the right time to say the words he had always wanted to say...

"I love you, McKayla Johnson. Child of Nike." He blinked. "I mean as a boyfriend. I know I've said this to you before but now I mean more than that. Alright take two."

A sigh followed. 

I love you.

• Like 2

There are some people who walk into your life which changes the course of history. As if time could not separate two such souls from being together. Zoren had always had always been such a kind soul. He was a light in her world, one that could even light up the darkest of times. He was the one she could counted on the most.  Maybe that was one of the many reasons the two grew so close over the years. So as he told her she need not apologize, a part of her knew he meant it. Her body relaxing into his as he spoke to her. Then laughing when he said Dustin was the most alright child of Ares child. "You are not wrong" she joked back at him. Most of them were very hard to handle or deal with.  Don't get her wrong, Nike children got along with Ares kids for the most part but there were times with tempers high and levels of competitiveness that would just be explosive.

Love was an emotion that was tied to so many others such as jealousy, which she knew all too well. In the past when other girls had gotten to know Zoren. There was always this fear that he would find someone better than her to be best friends with. Losing him would be devastating but she had never told him of how she felt about it. But when he talked about his own jealousy she knew well she was going to be the same. Soon Zoren would be off at college surrounded by so many smart, beautiful and cool girls. "Zoren i understand but I feel the same." She toned was one of cool and collective "What if you find some other girl at college who is way cooler than me or is prettier" her face went flush "You are my athena boy" she said back to him. 

They had been friends for years now but taking it to the next level meant there was going to be things they learned and worked through. The distance would make it hard but if something was worth it, then it was worth the work. She knew that from doing all her training with her sports. Zoren would be worth every mile in between them. Her love for him would do anything to make it work and be with him for eternity. "You would, you are such a nerd" she laughed at him as he talked about Mk being an updated component or system. Shaking her head she kept laughing as the thought was just a funny one. 

This whole evening was a scene out of the romance books she read. As a teenage girl, she dreamed of a moment like this in her life. But she had no clue it would happen with her best friend and soulmate. The two kissed again as he told her the promise was for life. Which she knew and meant. Apart of her knew this was how she had felt for a while and would for a lifetime. Zoren pulled her closer which she loved as the feeling of completeness filled her. But then Zorean told her something that made it hard to breath. He loved her! The look of pure happiness was on her face. The feeling of butterflies filled her stomach as she just stared at the man she knew she loved back.

"Zoren I don't think another soul in this world was ever made for me as perfect as yours...... I love you Zoren Panganiban, Son of Athena" she said as she put her hand on his cheek before she leaned in to kiss him again. But this time much more deep and passionate than before. It was some time before she pulled back as she opened her eyes to look at the man whose arms she was in. 

Love can do wonders for a person. It can bring a melting pot of emotions whether it is happy, sad, or mad. There was a camper that became friends with him but she came to have a crush on him at first. She was not the most beautiful looking but Zoren liked having her around because of how nice she was to him, plus she was his go to camper for weapons forgery. He'd find himself asking her to forge him a new weapon every time his own breaks simply because of wear and tear and she would agree because she knew how much training he does with said weapon whether it be a staff, sword, or dagger. Even two blades at the same time. What he did not know was that she grew to have feelings for him and sometimes would retort when he talks about McKayla. He was quite oblivious at the time but he knew enough that his heart was set on someone else and that he needed to break the news as soon as possible to avoid misleading her. He didn't want to let it change their current friendship... but it is a risk he had to take before it explodes. It was during one night's camp fire song where he left during the middle and asked her to come with him while everyone else is in a good mood. After that, they did not talk for a week until she volunteered to repair one of his blades. After she apologized, they grew to be friends and she went back to being his go-to girl not only for weapons but to talk to after McKayla.

So the thought of his girlfriend expressing his concerns of him seeing women who could be more cooler or prettier, it did not matter to him. Sure, he can be friends with him but the thought of turning his back towards her never would never cross his mind. Loyalty is something that he learned and valued as a camper so he can bet his as he will stick around with her... as promised in the River Styx. "If I did, then the river will be out to get me." He jokingly spoke. "But I won't. And you are my Nike girl. I can always be friends with girls but in the end, they got nothing on you." Zoren booped her nose out of affection, setting a more similar gaze into his now eternal best friend and partner. She's probably the first girl to hear him out whenever he geeks out on one of his niches which she just so happened to have similar interests. "Hmm... In a typical high school story, this is where the geek and the jock meet but the world is more than black and white. I became quite enthralled when you said you liked the same things as me." It grew to be such a satisfying feeling to be complete. To be free of doubt. To be free of uncertainty.

As McKayla pulled her into a kiss once more, he welcomed her lips with all his heart. They were not something he craved until they danced under the moonlight earlier so he continued to give her shower her with kisses until he fell asleep. The night went by quickly and so starts their first day as a couple...

RP End.

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use