bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

It's What I'm Here For.

Larissa Souza

Rissa was hanging around the big house with some of her siblings. She was sitting on her cajón, beating a some notes into it while she waited for James to get out of the big house. It was sweet the way that he cared about the new campers that were going to be coming in the camp that had no idea what they would be getting themselves into. Not to say that the camp was bad no, it had been the best home that she had ever had. She sighed at her siblings as they started singing. "Baby you're like lighting in a bottle..." she sang with them as she beat more into her drum. Her younger brother strumming away on his guitar and the others singing. Of course this is where she loved to be. "I can't let you go now that I got it." She closed her eyes as she heard some talking coming up the hill.  She grinned more at her siblings as she noticed someone limping. She stood up and her siblings eyes went where she was looking. The music stopped all together. "Are you okay?" She questioned curious to the girl

@ McKayla Johnson

MK had been fighting a monster at the boundary line with Asher who had helped her back to the Big House. Her ankle was all sorts of messed up plus she looked a little bloody. The monster was one of those big ole ugly ones. It had taken its damage to her for sure. So as she was being carried until she was in good distance to the house. She then limped the rest of the way until she heard movement in the big house. "Nope I need help" she said trying to hold it together. This could be bad for someone who does sports for sure! The girl made it to the front porch hoping that maybe this wasn't as bad as it looked. But taking a seat on the steps she looked at Asher and then back to Larissa. "There was a monster at the boundary line, don't know how it got in but it is dead for now" she said looking in pain. 

The son of Athena was occupied honing his weapon forms so he could obtain mastery one day. While he could never master as naturally as the Ares campers, he had always believed in technique over brute force which is why he preferred to bury himself in a few weapons but still retained some proficiency in other weapons. Silence fell around him as he stood in a large clearing of the forest. Leaves bristled as the wind swayed the flora as a tranquil atmosphere began to settle. Zoren preferred to wear his uniform while practicing but he decided to adorn the usual camp attire with an orange tee with black joggers. White sneakers anchored to the ground as a breath of fresh air circulated through his robust body, relaxing his body to empty his mind. His eyes were closed in full concentration before the staff he was holding began to twist and turn around his hands, arms, and head. It was like a fast-paced spectacular dance with the staff seeming to be blurry but visible whenever he slowed down. He could apply this to any staff weapon but preferred to use the bo staff for practice since it is the most basic and safe to use. He never had enhanced hearing but the silence allowed him to hear the running foot steps of a fellow camper, the sounds growing more louder as a young woman with ginger red hair entered the clearing. "Zoren! McKayla..." Her voice sounded concerning, he could immediately tell. 

"At the Big House-" And Zoren was gone the next moment.

He was quick on his feet as he sprinted from the forests to the administrative building of the camp. He was not blurry but he was fast enough to garner attention of nearby campers, some could even note how determined he is to reach his destination. Zoren felt like the Quiksilver but he could never match the Hermes campers, but he preferred to feel like he'd have that kind of speed. Passing by the arena, he managed to arrive at the Big House. Eyes laying on Asher first, then Larissa, then to his girlfriend while his not so subtle footsteps could be heard from nearby. "McKayla!" He called her out in a rush, his voice that might have startled some due to the sudden outburst.

• Like 1

The nope that she got from the girl was enough to cause her to get moving. She had told her siblings that they should go on and train since they would all be together at the theater later tonight. It was always something with the Apollo kids anyways. She rushed over the couple of steps before she got to the young girl. Honestly, Rissa was always there when someone needed her. She was the best when it came to healing or playing music. Well to her, she was. It was just the gift that her father gave her. She took a seat next to the girl and began looking her over. Some cuts here and there and of course the more scarier looking one on her ankle. "I'll get you healed up in no time." She told the girl but listened to her talk about how there was a monster at the boundary line but she had taken care of it. "Really?" She questioned the girl curious as how would a monster get in here, unless someone called it in here. And if that was the case who had done it? She hummed for a moment when a voice made her jump a little. It was a boy who was running to them. She glanced over to the girl and back at the boy before she placed her hand up in the air. "She doesn't need to be handled right now. I have her." She told him, not so much in a mean way but enough to have the boy at least chill out. "Just take a seat on my drum over there and relax." She told him, she was an older camper so she knew a thing or two. 

She turned back to the girl and smiled. "So McKayla is it," She grinned. "Let's get you better so your boyfriend over here doesn't blow a fuse." She teased them both not really knowing their relationship at all. She had a big smile on her face as she touched her ankle softly. Alright dad. She thought to herself. This ones for you. She hummed for a moment before she began to sing in ancient Greek.  "Chark, esý pou i epikráteiá sou eínai o vathýdasos Elikónas, vronterés kóres tou Día me ta ómorfa chéria: eláte me tragoúdia na giortásete ton aderfó sas Foívo me ta chrysá malliá, pou páno apó tis dídymes koryfés aftoú tou vounoú, tou Parnassoú, synodevómenos apó tous makrinoús fimisménes Delfikés kopéles, érchetai sta ryákia tis réousas Kastalianís pigís kathós episképtetai to oreinó manteío tou." Her hands began to glow a soft warm light. Her eyes stayed on the wounds and she looked up just briefly at the young girl before looking back down and continued. "Idoú, i Attikí me ti megáli tis póli (Athína) proséfchetai, kátoikoi stin akatáktiti gi tis énoplis Tritonikís theás (Athinás). kai stous ieroús vomoús o Ífaistos (diladí i fotiá) katanalónei tous miroús ton móschon távrou: kai mazí me ton kapnó anevaínei stous ouranoús aravikó thymíama. Kai o tsirichtós, kravgaléos avlós yfaínei mia melodía me nótes pou kymatízoun, kai i chrysafénia, glykiá foní kithára smígei me to tragoúdi tou epaínou." Once she ended the hymn she closed her eyes before saying a silently thank you to her father before letting the girl go. She opened her eyes and smiled brightly. 

• Like 1

MK was not dying but pain wa spain to her. With her ankle like this, it could hurt. her chances in competitions or even the olympics. All this was going through her mind as she got to the big house. Looking up to the sky she closed her eyes to pray to the apollo god that his child would do well. At least it was one of the older campers that she knew had some experience in all of this. "Thanks Rissa" she said looking worried at her. But then telling her how it happen, the same look she had when she saw it came on the older campers face "Yeah we were suppose to go tell the director after this cause" she took a moment to make some breathing sounds as the pain surged. "we don't know where it came from." She finally finished trying to focus on the girl in front of her. 

It was then when she saw Rissa's head turn towards a voice that was calling her name. It was her boyfriend Zoren coming, how did he hear that fast? A smile on her face "I am not dying" she said to him with soft laughter. Worry could be seen on his face. But Rissa was right after all that she was going to have to help her right now. "YES" she said nodding her head listening to Rissa but then laughed a little. When Rissa's hand touched her ankle a few sounds came out of her own mouth from the pain but this listened and watched the girl sing an ancient greek song to her dad asking for healing. Seeing the glow coming from her hands it felt as it was like being kissed by the sun. The warm was nice on his skin and ankle. MK tried to relax as she sat back listening to the girls singing which was soothing. Rissa had always been talented in music from what she could remember. When Rissa looked up, MK's eyes met her looking a bit worried as she continued to do her stuff. 

When it was all said and done, MK was scared to move at first because what would happen if it didn't work??? This could change everything for her but she slowly began to move her leg to her which felt a lot better. "Wowwwww" she said a bit shocked even though she knew they could heal, it was different when it happened. Even the cuts on her skin were healed. "Thank you Rissa, I think I will take it easy on my ankle for now but it feels normal again." 

Zoren was worried, certainly.

Her boyfriend became quite angsty at the right of her sprained ankle as well as the cuts and bruises she had gotten somehow. He stood on the side so that the older camper can concentrate- she seemed to know what she is doing. It was not until she began singing that he knew she is a daughter of Apollo, whose vocal lines can be used to heal injuries from battle. He heard that the extent of the healing depends on practice and that those who specialize in that tend to be less skilled in marksmanship. If anything, he preferred the former as one can just practice their aim while spending some time cultivating their songs. This song, for instance, he listened with intent as the Greek language was instantly translated to what he can understand as every demigod here has the ability to. Seeing a warm light being emitted from the woman, his eyes began to widen. He has seen Apollo children heal before but he'd always be fascinated at the healing phenomena, like simply turning back time as if the wounds were never there. Her voice was sweet and soft and even he could feel the slight warmth from here as it began to put him in a more relaxed state. It was then that he knew he could trust this person.

Happy to witness a miracle, he approached McKayla to place a hand on her shoulder before looking at the woman. "Rissa, right?" The young man gave her a soft smile just before becking her. "Please excuse my behavior. I was concerned so I rushed over here. I'm Zoren. Pleased to make your acquaintance, child of Apollo." 

• Like 1

Rissa just smiled at the girl's thanks. She honestly would have been there to do it regardless. However, what worried her a little more was the fact that the monster had gotten in without anyone knowing why. She blinked and shook her head. "Well, I'll hurry as fast as I can." She told the girl as she started to look at her foot. She didn't want to cause them not to be able to talk to Dr. D. Though she wasn't sure what he was going to be able to do about it. She bit her lip as she thought a little more. 

She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the newcomer but she had said her peace about it all. She needed just a little bit of time. However, what MK said to the boy made her laugh. "Right, not dying at all." She mused for a moment before she touched her ankle a little. She had heard the girl make some sounds, which made her think that it might be more than just sprung. She blinked up at the girl for a second before she looked back down at her ankle again. 

It looked like singing to her father had worked well. She had to wonder what he thought about having his children singing to him. She also had to think that the God was a little silly because he wanted his children to do that for a power that they should have had anyways. She wanted to roll her eyes a little but stopped herself when she heard the girl shockingly say wow. Blinking out of her thoughts, she smirked and shook her head. "No problem, but yes, be careful for at least a day, don't be doing too much at all," she told her honestly. 

It was the boy that spoke up next. She glanced over at him and nodded her head. "That's right." she grinned glad that there were still people that hadn't met her, which made things a little more interesting. Since she was gone most of the year minus the summertime. Being able to go to New Rome was excellent, however, she loved it more at camp half blood. She waved her hands with laughter. "Oh, no worries Zoren. I thought it was adorable." She grinned while rubbing the back of her head. She hadn't minded if he only freaked out as he did. However, she could have full-blown cursed him if he had acted a fool and didn't let her fix up McKayla. "She was the perfect patient. Now, I'm going to need someone that will make sure that she doesn't get into any more trouble. Think you can help with that?" She questioned him a little.

• Like 1

Even though she could see her Boyfriend was worried, a part of her was just happy he cared. It was true that she was not dying but then again this injury if not healed right could affect everything in her life. Maybe she would never get to go to the olympics or really fight in the legion. So as she took deep breaths she tried to calm her anxiety as it was all going to come down to Rissa healing her. The girl was 5 years older than her so it wasn't as if she got to know her too well but she knew james was close to her. The healing was one thing that she was always shocked by as it looked like she had never been hurt at all. The cuts and bruises were gone in an instant. "You are one talented demi-god" she laughed as she tested her ankle out. Rolling it in the air in a circle to see the range it had but careful to go slow as if to stop if anything felt off. 

Both Zoren and Rissa began to talk. She was starting to adjust herself as she wanted to get up. Sitting down was making her feel all anssy in a way. Was she going to have to say laying down for some time until she got better? Ohhhhh what would she do?? It wasn't as if she liked to read or study so trying to find ways to occupy herself would be horrible. "Do you think I will have to not put weight on it for more than a day?" This was a hopeful statement as her eyes went from Rissa to Zoren. " I mean I can't just be expected to sit around the whole time" worry was creeping into her voice. 

• Like 1

The young man made a mental note not to freak out if there is a next time that Larissa heals McKayla. Being in a relationship the first week, things can get a little exaggerated like he had demonstrated when he yelled her name as he sprinted towards the porch. Thinking about it now, it was very... loud of him as she needed the peace and quiet to concentrate on singing a hymn to her father. He wondered if he could communicate with his mother despite not seeing her at all. The owl pendant he wears on his neck was a gift from her so he'd look to it as if he is looking at his mother, even thanking it when it helped him in battle. It was like she sought to be by his side but could not simply because gods aren't meant to mingle with mortals so she gave him the pendant to give him that reminder- a symbol of love, one he felt lucky in receiving. If he were to tell his half-siblings about this, he'd probably get the silent treatment or any demigod that sought the same from their parents.

"You can count on me. I think she'll be fine in my arms." A soft chuckle followed as he flashed the older camper a wink before he looked over to his girlfriend with concern. "With every treatment comes with rest, even though you got treated with magic. I think you should just take it easy for now. Light movement and not too intensive exercises. Of course you're not just going to sit around. I do have some activities planned for you to get you to move and take your mind off of this. Consider it rehabilitation, but not exactly that."

• Like 2

Rissa couldn't help but laugh at the girl and shake her head a little. "Not really. I've been practicing and it helps when dad helps out as well." She mused thinking about her father. She had never meet him before, but he wanted his children to sing to him to heal others. She took a deep breath for a moment and then let it out. They all had mommy and daddy issues here. She didn't know if she was ever going to meet her father but she had to question if she was even going to care about meeting  him. She was already in her twenties, so did it matter?  

She looked at MK and smirked at her. "Well, I would stay off of it just for today." She told her. "Don't want to hurt it anymore." she told the Nike child, knowing that it wasn't going to be easy for her. She could already tell. She glanced over at the boy and nodded her head. "I like this one." She grinned as the boy sent her a wink. "Now now." She glanced at the two of them with a laugh. "Don't do anything that I would do." She said teasingly as she looked at her sibling as they called her name. "I'll be there in a moment." She called back to them before looking back at the pair in front of her. "So do you need anything else from me?" She questioned and MK had told her that she didn't need anything else. So she waved at the two and picked up her drum before heading out to her siblings. "oh." She said turning around. "Come jam with us later one yeah?" She grinned and waved happily at them both before walking away for the last time. 

GM rights given / exit Rissa

• Like 1

Zoren had always been there for her as a friend but now it was a bit different as they were dating. Zoren cared a lot for her which she felt the same for him. But hearing him say that he would be good in his arms made her blush a little. The image in her mind of the night they became a couple, she had laid there in his arms all night. Her gaze went from Zoren who she knew was right about the taking it easy but then going to Rissa quickly to see what she had to say. MK was looking at Rissa with such a worried look as she said maybe just for today. "Good" she heard herself saying with a sigh of relief. Watching rissa say she liked this one, she looked down blushing "Trust me I do too" she said looking back at the older girl. "Ohhhh no I am good" she said "Thank you Rissa" she said to the girl as she left with her siblings. "Sureee" she called out with a big smile. 

Turning back to Zoren she smiled "Help me up? Maybe go back to my cabin or yours?" she asked happy to know she had him there to help her. 

Zoren could relax in her presence, knowing that he could trust her in situations like this. She knows what to do- coming to people's aid as long as nobody causes a ruckus. He could not help but smile at her half-siblings' laugh from his response, growing confident in letting people know that he and McKayla are together this way. There are other ways to show that he cares and better ways than shouting to disrupt the peace. Giving the older camper a nod, Zoren got ready to depart the Big House. "Yes, we're good Rissa. Thank you. And um, yeah. I'd love to." Zoren loved music and so did McKayla. Maybe he'd sing one of the songs in their playlist with them, he thought.

"Of course." He responded as he squatted down in front of her so she could get on his back. If she proceeded, he held her legs suspected against his hips while her arms wrapped around his shoulders so it looks like he's carrying her like backpack. "Hmm... Your cabin. We went to mine last time. I will take good care of you, honeycomb." Once she is secured, he stood up and departed from the Big House.

Exit Zoren & McKayla.

RP End.

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use