bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

A return from far afield (Azrael intro post)

Azrael Blackburn

The main door the big house opened, a figure in a long travelling leather hooded coat stepped in. The coat sporting a few gouges from recent claw slashes and a light wisp of smoke still coming off the shoulders.

He pulled back the hood of the coat, sighing audibly having returned to safe territory - older than most who travel through these doors he looked like he has seen much in his 25 years. 

He was showing signs of being on the road with the ussual tough journey to the camp - his short cut dark hair straggled and sporting an impressive few days of stubble over some equally well worn scars. 

He dropped down a travel bag, a couple of daggers landing top of it then turned taking in the familar sight of the camp's base of operations said into the room. 

"Looking for Chiron or Dionysus if either are available... returning camper."

Looking around the main lobby of the big house he did a double take at the familiar face, if a little rougher around the edges.

"James... is that you?"

@ James SelwayPegasus.png

• Like 2

As most of the Cabin Leaders took turns watching after the front, today it was his turn so he brought his guitar along with a few other pads of paper. So maybe he could get a bit of music writing in as that was one his true passions in this life. The day before still on his mind as if Rissa's lips were still planted on his own. James had hoped to come up with something to sing to her by the end of the summer, just to let her know how he really felt. 

That was when he door opened and a face he hadn't seen in some time walked through the door. The smile on James face was one that was of excitement to see one of his good friends had come back to camp. First Lilythe and now Azrael, what kind of good luck did he have! Getting up he laughed when his friend realized it was he who was there. "Yes it is Azrael......my friend it has been some time" he said coming around the desk and closer to his friend. "But Chiron and Dionysus are not here as they are off enjoying some time away" He held out his hand to greet his friend back to camp. They had so much to catch up on after all. 

• Like 1

It had been many years since he had stepped foot across the camp grounds and though he had only meant to stop by and speak to his old teachers and those who's council he had valued in the past, he felt a coming home that he had not realized he had been missing, the weight of travel and its burdens beginning to lighten with the familar sights and that old wood smell that pervaded the camp buildings. He had intended to stop by and speak to the directors about plans now he had completed his medical training, that sense of homecoming, espcailly seieng his old friend, was strong in him.

Azrael stepped closer, shading the proffered hand "Good to see you, you know I should have written more but you know the way with school.. New Rome and their way of keeping everyone busy". He took a step back, looking over his old friend "Guess they put you in charge of the camp.. look at you becoming the responsible one" with a easy grin. As he looked around he caught sight of the guitar "Good to see you still pull that block of wood aorund with you.. you always had a musical knack that got you all the attention."

• Like 2

Happy to have Azrael back, even if it were just for a bit of time meant he got to catch up with his long time friend. Shaking his hand, he was full of excitement to get to hear all about his travels and time at New Rome. James had been one of the only ones around their age not to go to New Rome as he felt called to be at Camp Half-Blood.  Listening to his friend "Ohhh I get it, they don't play around when it comes to your education there I hear" he said understanding completely. It had been like this with most of his friends who went off to New Rome. Laughing he shook his head "Well the truth is that Lilythe is the one in charge and I am just helping out" he made wiggly eyes at him. Knowing the feelings that use to be there. If anything, maybe they could reconnect as friends but he was one to rooting for his friends in the game they call love. "Well you know me, always singing or playing when I get the chance. Maybe we can hang out later and I can play some of my new songs for you.

Then thinking about it, he realized that Azrael might be exhausted from traveling all the way from California to New York. "Hey do you want me to help you to your cabin? Or do you need some food? We can catch up on the way."  

He stood, carefully listening to his old friend. A mix of emotions coming over him when he heard Lilythe's name, the realization that she had stayed in the camp, that she was doing well, maybe all the fears of her choices had been in vain - the relationship decisions that he had judged so harshly in his head. He realized he was distracted but picked up on the conversation. Hearing the last few phrases James had been saying he grabbed onto the couple of bits he was able to process.. "Always love to hear you play, especially if you have been writing."

Falling into comfortable conversation Azreal dropped into friendly conversation as if the many years away from the camp and his friend had never really happened. "Food actually sounds pretty good, camp might be safe but you always get more trouble lurking outside because of it. I am sure i can remember the way back to cabin 16 and if the roster is still there I expect i can find a free bunk but if you got the authority to raid the kitchens I am not going to say no." he brought out a weary but true smile as he continued  "Might even get you to open up about whats keeping you busy around the camp."

• Like 1

James kept talking as he had not noticed that Azrael was thinking about anything else. Maybe you could call him obvious to that or just out of the loop but he kept talking away about his music and maybe going to get food. "Well then you are in luck as I have a ton of songs to play...of course not all at once." They would end up being there for hours on end if he showed Azrael everything he had done in the so many years since he had been at camp. But there would be time as he had a feeling he might be here for a bit this summer. 

James had the best luck of knowing things at times which was all due to his mom. But he was happy to hear he was indeed hungry after his travels. "Go right ahead my friend." He walked back to the desk to grab the sheet for the bunk list, holding it out to him "Here you can take a look here for the bunk placement, there are some open ones you can take" he said with a smile "plus you can raid the kitchens anytime." He had done this many of times through his time at camp. Laughing at Azrael's last comment he nodded his head as James tended to be the go to guy for advice. But who did he really have to talk to? "Well I am glad you are back my friend and I will take you up on that offer to talk about what keeps me busy around here." 

• Like 1

Azreal took the clipboard, as well as looking at the empty gaps he took som etime to read the list of unfamiliar names, slowly realizing how much the camp had moved on in the five years he had been away. He placed a note next to one of the bunks, remembering the old layout and picking one he was unlikely to disturb anyone going into. He took the time to fold the pages back and passed the clipboard and pen over.

"You know, by admitting there are topics worth discussing you know I am going to hold you to that conversation" he said with a laugh. "want anything brought out to your place of power and lyric writing?" indicating James' place at the desk as he waited before heading to the kitchens.

• Like 1

Knowing all the different campers that had joined camp half blood since Azrael leaving. He watched as the man took the clipboard to look at all the names. Some as young as 9 years old. Dustin had told him all about that little camper. Seeing Derrick's name on the list he was happy the boy would have some good influences in his cabin. As the children of Nemesis could go a dark route if not careful. Nodding when he took the pen and board back over. "Great then you should be good to go my friend" he finished saying as he put the stuff back on the desk. 

"Honestly I look forward to it" he said this knowing that Azrael was was guy he could trust in guidance and wisdom. Even if it had been awhile since they had last seen each other. He had a feeling the man had only gotten wiser since he left camp. "Oh man I am good, my shift will be done in a few hours before the next cabin leader gets here. But I will see you around camp okay." He did not want to hold up the man who would want some time to decompress after his journey. 

Azrael did not take long to duck into the kitchen, some bread and cold meat making a quick, single-handed meal as he pulled his travelling duffelbag into a shoulder and nodded over to James. "Will be good to get back to the old bunk, hopefully that hasn't changed over the years." the exhustion audible in his voice "But you know where I am if you need me for anything. Its been way too long friend"

• Like 1

Taking his seat back at the desk, James picked up his guitar and began to play a few chords here and there. Seeing Azrael come back out of the kitchen with his food in hand. He waved to him as knew he would be heading to his cabin next. "Oh don't worry, I will be finding you soon enough" he joked with him. "Say hi to your cabin for me" he waved to him know he would come find him the next or so. The two would catch up and maybe he would play him a song or two once he got rested. 

[[go ahead and end it]]

"I can say hi to my bunk for you at least, the cabin might need to wait till morning." He stuffed a mouthful of the sandwich into his mouth as he left James to the last of his shift. Sometimes the world will change but it seemed like James would always be James, he thought as he walked away to tread the familiar path that lead to Cabin 16 and sleep.

[[fin]]

Important Information

Terms of Use