bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Life Is A Smile

Delaney Vance

It was once again summer time. It was of course her favorite time of year. It meant that she was going to be going to camp once again. Though this time was going to be different. She wasn't going to be leaving the camp anymore. She had talked to her father, well, as best as she could talk to him and they both agreed that it would be best if she just stayed the rest of her school years at camp and however long else she wanted to stay. There was really no love there, and she didn't care to much. 

She had a bright smile on her face as she walked up the hill. This time there wasn't really any issue getting there. No monster coming after her at all. So when she seen the big blue house, she couldn't help but run to it and walk through the door when she got there. "Helloooo." She sung out as she glanced around the room and into the kitchen. 

• Like 1

MK was walking around the big house as she was trying to get away from the drama that had been in her cabin. Goodness they just gotten to camp but were fighting over who was the better person for this or that. They say it's great to have siblings that think and act like you but this was the case for her. They made her want to put her hands in her hair and pull it out screaming. But nonetheless she was kicking the dirt as she walked up to the big house. Maybe James was there so she could talk to him or something as he always had wise things to say. But in the distance, she noticed someone walk in the door so she squinted trying to make out the figure, was that laney? She thought to herself. 

Rushing up to the Big House she was very excited to see her since it had been a year. Getting to the door she opened it to see her friend who was looking into the kitchen. "LANEY" she yelled out as she rushed to her friends side. 

• Like 1

For some reason, there was no one in the big house. Which was off in itself. Since there was always someone in there. However, as she looked into the kitchen she noticed some cookies on a plate and licked her lips a little. No one would miss one cookie right? She went to reach for said cookie when she heard her name being called out. Blinking and dropping the cookie on the counter, she glanced over to see who it was that was trying to get her attention. "Oh." she grinned happily as she picked up the cookie again. "Hey you." She said walking up to Makayla, he signature smile on her face. "Someone make cookies." She said taking a bite of her and moaned a little to happily. "These are good." She hummed with her mouth full. "So.." She started. "Where is everyone?" She lifted up the other hand to show that no one was there minus them. "Did they hear that I was coming and scared them off?" She questioned though it came out in a laugh. There was nothing about this demigod that would cause for any kind of worry. 

• Like 1

MK could not help but laugh when she rushed to Laney's side to find her dropping a cookie with the look on her face. "I mean they are good" she said looking down at the cookie and back to her friends eyes. MK always loved coming by the big house to see if cookies were made as they loved to give them to the new kids that came to camp. "I wonder who made them, hopefully not Dustin" she joked thinking of the Ares boy trying to cook. Shrugging she thought it was strange that no one was here too, as the cabin leaders were taking turns watching over the big house. "No idea but we can go into camp together." But then laughed with her next comment "Ohhhh Laney that isn't true and you know it" she giggled. Looking at the tray she then picked up a cookie too "They do look good" she laughed as she knew it must be good . 

• Like 1

Laney couldn't help but pout a little as she dropped her cookie but her friend was laughing at her. Of course she couldn't help but laugh for a moment as well. "They are." she grinned as she finally picked up the cookie once again. However, she couldn't help but make a face when MK even hinted at the fact that Dustin made the cookies. "I think we would be dying on the floor if that hot headed boy did that." for sure she knew that boy couldn't cook well enough. However, she couldn't help but tease her friend a little. "Hehe," She started but full on laughed. "Well, of course I know that." She grinned at MK and nodded her head some as she took a bit out of the cookie and hummed happily. "Oh they are great. I think Lilythe made them." She told Mk with a wink as she took a couple more bites out of the cookie itself. "How have you been?" She questioned as she walked over to the couch and patted the spot next to her as she wanted to know everything about everything. 

• Like 1

It is the perfect day for nature. The sun shone on the flora and fauna of camp and the weather is just right. Luca was tending to the flowerbeds in collaboration with the children of Iris for their color coordination. The flora can be found in various places in camp thanks to the abilities of his half-siblings but this particular one resides in a clearing inside the woods. The adolescent leaned down to find a pink dahlia in front of him and let his finger brush against the petals of the flower. It reminded him of his half-sister with the same name whom he got along with simply because he liked her name. His nose wound up close to the flower, eyes closing as the nostrils tingled at the natural scent- only to be interrupted by his stomach growling. A groan parted his lips as he stood upright and made his way towards the Big House by touching one of the leaves on the stem of the dahlia. In the next moment, he was gone.

His figure appeared near the wooden building as he was picking up two feminine voices inside. They grew louder as his feet carried him to the entrance and two female campers entered in his line of vision. He glanced towards Laney first and then that one girl from the Nike Cabin. What was her name again? Kayla? MacKayla? He didn't know but soon brushed the thought so he could greet his best friend. "Laney! Hi! I didn't expect to see you here. And you-" He was looking at the other camper only for his attention to be diverted with cookies in their hands and then towards the plate that was filled with the confection. "You guys got cookies?!" The child of Demeter paraded to the counter and he had already begun munching on one almost instantly, showing how rather hungry he was.

• Like 2

MK could not help but giggle when she agreed they would be dead on the floor with Dustin's cooking. "I mean you are not wrong" she laughed pretty hard at her friends comment. The two of them had several summers together here at came which was nice. MK felt so lucky she had so many good friends at camp as it wasn't true about her life back home. Many of those around her were jealous of her talent which came from her being so competitive. "Well she is really good at making them" she smiled as she then bit into it herself. When Laney asked about how she was. Swallowing she smiled "Ummmm well the year was crazy with competitions and such but just got done seeing Zoren......what about you?" Making her way over to the couch she took a seat next to Laney when someone came in. 

Her head turning she saw the demeter boy Luca coming into the room. As he talked to Laney, she could not help but smile as he began to talk to her and then looked at her "Call me MK" she told him. Trying not to laugh as she did not have too much interaction. 

• Like 1

Laney couldn't help but giggle a little when she agreed to her comment about the hot-headed Ares child. She didn't know if he really cooked or anything anymore, but she had tried his cooking once and let her tell you..it wasn't the best thing. She nodded her head again to MK's comment about Lilythe making the cookies. "She's been doing it so long though." She hummed and then put up a finger. "I hear that James' cooking is pretty good. Maybe he was the one that made them." She tilted her head a little and hummed again. She listened to what she had been doing all summer and couldn't help but raise an eyebrow a little. "Zoren you say..." She said taking a small nibble of her cookie waiting to hear more. She needed to hear about it. 

She turned her head when she heard a very familiar voice and she couldn't help but grin when she saw him. "Hey now." She started but her comment soon turned into a teasing one. "Didn't want me to come this summer?" She questioned him with a small tease. "I figured you'd love to see me." She told him as she watched him grab a cookie and of course, she chuckled a little looking at him. MK spoke to him and she smiled. Her two friends talking. It was nice to see people getting along. "Cookies are always around when you need them." She mused but tilted her head again and giggled more. "Hungry huh?" She questioned the Demeter child. 

• Like 1

Katie had been wandering around camp ever since she had settled here. She actually felt contented because her brother was here as well being a demigod like her. She could say that she loved it here where she felt belonged to, having common traits as others. She had been in numerous classes for Athena's little demigods, made a handful of friends. She walked along the lake as it was her free time now, and headed towards the kitchen. It seemed like the kitchen wasn't as crowded as usual today, although she loved to be here whenever her free time as they have the best food, especially food that you can't find in the mortal world. She made her way to the pantry and got a cup of fresh juice, while she looked at a few who were more into the cookies here. She admit that she loved the cookies here more than back home. 

• Like 1

"Hm. Yes, I did want you to come to camp this summer. I do love to see you. The camp experience would not be quite the same without you." Luca responded in turn, flashing her a wink before devouring his first cookie of the day. Laney is one of the few people he remembered sending letters to so he can recall telling her that he wanted her to come to camp this year. At the moment, he felt quite elated to see her but his hunger directed his attention to the confections just sitting there in the counter before he could even pay more than a glance to her friend, McKayla. As soon as he finished his cookie, he finally gave her his full attention. "Alright then, MK. I'm Luca Cassano. It's nice to meet you. How are things going with you and Zoren by the way if you do not mind me asking?" Giving her a warm smile, he grabbed another cookie. "I suppose so. I could do with a drink though. Gotta wash the sugar down." While he does love eating cookies, there is only so much sweetness he can tolerate which is why he'd drink something to accompany. It's not that the cookies were too sweet but he made it a habit to have a beverage. 

"Just a heads up MK- I might forget your name so I ask that I remind you when we do meet again." A soft chuckle parted his lips as the sounds of footsteps nearby drew his attention towards a young lass with a cup of fresh orange juice in her hand. Before she could answer, Luca waved at the girl and asked her to join them. "We could use the company. What is your name?

• Like 1

Katie was enjoying the drink wondering who was in charge of all the food and beverages in the kitchen. She reached for some fruits as well, just as she heard someone calling her. She turned to the voice and recognised a Demeter demigod (Luca) who seemed quite charming and was with the other two demigods (McKayla and Laney). She wasn’t familiar yet with the other cabins but she would love to get to know them. ”Hi I’m Katie. Hmm the cookies are nice aren’t they.” She reached to grab one too. So which god or goddesses were good in cooking? 

Edited by Katie Rose
  • Like 1

MK was happy to have Laney back with her this summer. It was always fun to talk gossip with Laney or even the boys of the camp. Nodding her head to her statement about Lilythe she was probably right. The older campers did have a lot of experience compared to the rest of them. "James, I haven't heard about his cooking....so it's good then?" She looked shocked as the older camper was a bit of a mystery to her. But a boy who wasn't as much of a mystery was Zoren "Oh yeah he found me in my cabin and we went to get some food after a walk." The smile was on her face was one that was just pure happiness. Zoren was her bestfriend after all. 

Watching Luca and Laney interact was one she hadn't seen before. Maybe she just hadn't paid close enough attention to the two of them but was there something there?? The smile on her face as the two went back and forth made her happy to see. Luca then turned to her asking her how her and Zoren was doing? A blush hinting on her cheeks "Ummm what do you mean Luca, we umm hung out earlier and it was a lot of fun. He is of course my best friend" she finished saying as she could feel the heat in her cheeks. They were close friends but why would she fell like this? Luca told her he might forget her name which made her shake her head "No worries then, I know I am not Laney" she teased. 

MK had been so focused on the conversation that she did not hear another camper come into the Big House. It wasn't until Luca was speaking to her that her head turned to look towards that direction. Looking at Laney "Umm who is that?" she looked as Luca waved her over. It must have been a new camper (Katie) as the girl was much younger than they were. Plus it was a face she hadn't seen before. The girl introduced herself to them. "Nice to meet you Katie, I am McKayla but you can call me MK if you like. I am child of Nike. "

Important Information

Terms of Use