bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

I'll Be There.

Luca Cassano

The child of Demeter's eyes were fixated on a potted flower he had kept inside the cabin. It is a white peony and he kept it inside because it reminds him of another camper who has a place in his heart. She had been there for him since she came around and one of the few people he first met in camp. She was quite nice to him and caring, characteristics he found himself to be in awe almost every time. In such a way, it felt like she is a down to earth goddess but she grew to be a great friend of his in time. After a while, he thought he needed some sunlight so the first place that came into mind was the shores of Long Island Sound. The waves provided a soothing sound for him and their smooth motion is pleasant to the eye. Seagulls flying by themselves or in groups while sounding out their calls to gather, it was like the perfect beach setting to him. Well- The only beach setting having lived in the middle of Kentucky. Dressed in his usual camp attire, he hurled himself onto the sand with a "Woohoo!". He never bothered to bring footwear as he knew he was going to take his time barefoot in here but a familiar figure sitting alone caught his eye. 

Eyes squinting as a hand gave them shade from the sun's rays, he recognized her instantly and proceeded to sprint towards her. His steps were growing loud so it was easy for her to pick up and look to where it came from.

That camper was @ Delaney Vance .

"Laney! How's you?"

Edited by Luca Cassano

The day was like any other day in the camp. Laney was just wandering around trying to find something to do to keep herself as busy as she could. She had already helped out in the kitchens and around some of the cabins. Even Dustin had something for her to do which was nice. The day seemed to be going pretty well, until one of the satyrs came to her and started franticly talking to her about something. She tried to claim him down the best that she could when it come out of his mouth clear as day. Her sister, Brittany had been killed on her way back to the camp. Her heart was racing and she ran to one of the other campers that normally picked her up along the way and began to cry wanting to hear it from them directly. But it was the same things that the satyr had told her. She turned her head for a moment trying to keep her tears from falling down her face before taking off running. To where, she had no idea. She just knew that she needed to get somewhere. She soon hit the beach and she took a seat looking into the water as she hugged her knees to her chest a little to tight like. She was lost in her memories of her sister but soon those memories were replaced but sounds of feet hitting the sand. Blinking up a little, she noticed a familiar looking face. Luca. She gave him a sweet smile but turned her head to look back out into the water once again. When he got to her, he asked how she was doing and without saying a word she shrugged her shoulders. Allowing the tears to fall from her eyes freely this time. "I..." She began and sighed some thinking about how she was going to tell him. "I.. umm.. I don't think I'll be leaving camp again.." She told him as she turned to glance up at Luca. The tears still falling from her face. "I.. lost my sister today." She told him as she hugged her knees once again.

Luca was beginning to feel anxious when he noticed tears falling on her face when she managed a smile, followed by a frown. For someone who he found to be happy almost every day, he deduced that something must have happened for her to be like this. Something grave. It was not until he sat down cross legged next to her when she broke the news to him and his heart began to sunk. Brittany? Her sister?  He gulped but nevertheless wrapped an arm around her, a hand softly patting on her shoulder for a brief moment until it rested on it. He did not have anyone he lost so he knew he could not fathom her situation but all he could do was to comfort her. If she wanted to be alone, he will leave without question but to his relief, she did not ask. "Laney..." He scooched close to her, close enough for their bodies to touch. "I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know how I can help but I will stay here for as long as you need." Giving her a soft smile, he pointed towards the waves. "They're calming." Then to the flying seagulls. "They might be annoying but at least they're far away." And the ships sailing near the horizon. "What if Poseidon watches over them?" He asked in an attempt to pull her mind and have her think about something else. He did not know what to do but he was determined to help.

He then slowly lowered his head to lay on her shoulder while his hand went to caress the side of her body. "No matter what, I'll be there."

• Like 1

Laney could feel him sitting next to her, but she didn't have the heart to look at him at all. She was too engrossed in looking out into the water. Though it didn't stop her from telling him what had happened. An arm wrapped around her and she couldn't help but move into him a little as he patted her. Strange as it was for her to be the one that was getting comforted. She thanked the gods that it was Luca that was doing it. When he said her name she glanced over at him and watched him for a moment. He was her best friend and he had been there for everything, so of course, she was glad that he was there with her. Soon again he started talking. "Having you here is what I need...thank you." He didn't understand how much having him sit next to her make her feel. Another tear came from her eyes as turned her attention back to the waves where he was pointing and she blinked a little listening to him talking about how calming they were. She would agree. She hummed a little as she looked up to the seagulls, letting her mouth open a little bit and a small giggle came from her. He was right. At least they weren't annoying anyone at the moment and they were far away. She saw the ships but she couldn't help but turn her head to face Luca once again. He was trying to help her think about anything but her sister at the moment. Which was one of the sweetest things that he could have ever done for her. She gave a small sweet smile to him. However, she watched his head lean down on her shoulder and she couldn't help but blush a little, thanking the gods once again that he couldn't see her face. "Thank you, Luca." She told him as she placed her head on his in a gentle way. "That really means a lot to me," she told him honestly. She needed to let him know that she was being honest. She'd never lie about it. She frowned however and sighed as well. "She was a gentle soul... I wonder if our mother is going to do something for her..." She knew that it was pretty doubtful but she still couldn't help but wonder the what ifs part.

Luca was happy to hear that it meant a lot to her when he sat down next to her. He thought something as simple as being in someone's company when they are sad is good for them, whether or not he says anything. Still, he would rather not let the silence drag and talk in an attempt to bring her mind towards something else. As he continued to point, a smile curled his lips from her showing favorable reactions - her giggle, her smile... it made him much more elated to see her cheer up at the moment. It was moments like these where he loved being in her company. Just sitting in the sand and listening to the song of the seas as the waves gently crashed into the shore, it became more than a scenic place but a place to seek solace in. And even better when you are with someone you love.

"Perhaps not your mother nor mine." He began. "But I think she will be better as a tree in Camp Hlaf-Blood. That way, she will be remembered and remain here as a demigod of Hebe and a member of this community. Just not sure how we can make that happen. I think I'll ask mother- Even though she may not respond." He had gotten the idea from Thalia's pine tree. "I'll pray with you if it comes down to it." Now he was set in turning her late sister. Luca's a rather simple man but with twisted morals, but that's what made him likable with his friends. 

Edited by Luca Cassano

Important Information

Terms of Use