bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

A New Arrival

Tye Dezera

The campers in the big house didn't often get big dramatic arrivals, but the girl crying as she held a daffodil in her hands was definitely enough to get some strange, inquisitive looks. The new arrival wore a black and red striped tank top, a jean jacket, ripped black jeans and a pair of dirty old converse that looked like they were red at some point in time. Tears trickled down her cheeks at the girl stared intensely at the daffodil, as if daring it to continue being just a flower. When it continued to sit in her hands at just a plant, she let out a cry of pain and fell to her knees.

"Chad!" she cried out, her eyes welling up with water. A few campers ran up to comfort her, and the others exchanged solem looks. This wasn't just a shaken demigod crying over a plant. This was a teenage girl crying over a satyr, apparently one named Chad who had died to bring her to safety. They didn't need to know what this girl's story was to know she was in no position to find out about her heritage.. not yet at least. A few older campers helped her up and took her to the windowsill, where an empty clay pot was waiting. Hesitantly, the girl tilted her cupped hands down, letting her friend slide into the pot. Instantly, the name Chad appeared painted in blue and green on the rough clay. The young girl clutched her stomach, and her tears slid straight into the soil. "He- he didn't deserve this. It's all my fault." She said, pointing to her head and frowning deeply. "Stupid, stupid Tye Dezera. Always messing everything up." Falling onto the couch, she sunk into the cushions and made a series of faces that gave mixed emotions. Finally settling on a scrunched up snarl, Tye cried until all the wrinkles she'd made in her face were full of glistening droplets. Clutching the homemade bracelet on her wrist, she let out another cry and curled into a shuddering, crying ball. And there she stayed, until she swear she heard the daffodil call out to her in Chad's voice. Wiping the snot of her nose, she looked at it with wide eyes. It finally said one last word to her before it turned towards the window: "Forgive."

She shuddered silently, realising the last thing her friend ever asked of her was something she would never be able to do.

Edited by Tye Dezera
  • Like 1

James had been in the big house like he normally was, I mean the cabin leaders did there shifts from time to time. Waiting to see if any new campers would be showing up today. James was in a good since he had been spending time with Rissa just the day before. As that moment was on his mind, he was lightly strumming his guitar as he sat at the front desk. That was when he heard some people rushing towards someone. Getting up, he put his guitar down as he followed them out to a girl who was holding a flower. Trying to figure out if she was hurt physically or maybe was just upset. He watched as some of the others helping her. It seemed the satyr she knew had died...or maybe she was just sad about her flower.......Well James helped her up and took her to the window seal. He watched her as she buried the flower and then went to the couches. He did not say much as he didn't know what to say.

Taking his seat he took a deep breath as it seemed this girl had a bad day or maybe it had been days??? "Ummmmmmm Hi, my name is James Selway.....are you okay?" He said this with so much tenderness. "So can you tell me what happened?" James was trying to get her to talk as he knew this would be the step towards healing. 

Tye shuddered, looking up at the man who sat next to her. "My friend-" She nodded towards the windowsill, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Something was following us and- I didn't get here in time." She continued sobbing into the couch cushions, fidgeting with a homemade bracelet on her wrist. Looking up at him, her eyes were stained red. "He made this for me.." She said sadly, looking at the pot on the windowsill. She blinked, as if trying to hold back the pools and pools of tears from slipping down her reddened cheeks. She wiped her nose on the sleeve of her jean jacket, shuddering silently.

Edited by Tye Dezera
  • Like 1

James could see the sadness in the girls face as she said it was her friend. "I am so sorry" he said looking at her with sympathy. Why did the demi-god life have to be one full of tragedy? James hated it for her as she seemed so young. James just listened as the girls tears rolled down her face. Looking around the room, he found a box of tissues and some cookies. "Hey, there there" he said trying to comfort the poor girl. Putting them down on the table he picked the box of tissues up for her to take. "Well then you will always have that to remember him by you know" he said holding the box up. "There are also some cookies on the table when you are ready" he said. Thinking that this might be a hard time to talk about her being a demi-god.

"Did your friend tell you much?" he asked trying to gage what she knew so he could then tell her more so she could get on her way to the campfire. 

@ Tye Dezera

Edited by James Selway

Important Information

Terms of Use