bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The South Woods

The Chronicler

Killian had seen some young kids this year at camp which just shocked him. They seemed to be getting younger and younger to him. It had been a few years since he had been at camp so coming back to see all the wee little children was kind of a shocker to him. So hearing the howl made the boy in the tree not happy which he looked up with a raised eyebrow. "Well then you stay up there and be my look out then......back me up from up top okay" he said to him trying to get him to calm down. Killian would not make him come down. But seeing him get his gun ready he smiled a bit. "That's a good lad" he said before pulling out his own daggers. They were a gift to him when he was 16 years old from one of the older friends. He had taken Killian  under his wing of sorts. 

Seeing the beastie come into view he called "Get steady and shoot when you have the shot my friend" he said as he started to walk forward and crouch ready to strike. 

TJ kept flailing around, using the scope of the rifle to look through and around the area pretty frantically. Whether it was some kind of monster or just a bird in the tree's upper canopy, disturbed by the howl of the beast, would never definitely be known but it was at this point TJ twitched back, losing his grip on the nearby side of the tree and could be heard for a distance whelping as he topped to one side and slipped downwards.

The main thing on the child's side was that the tree had been pretty dense with branches, the first branch dislodging the sword he had abandoned under him, it didn't make much of a noise until it landed on the ground, digging a good six inches into the ground underneath. TJ on the other hand could be heard groaning with each branch he caught on the way down, some clipping and tumbling him while he ended up landing solidly on one branch near the bottom of the tree with an 'Eurgh' noise as the wind was driven out of him.

With the last of his grip he slid off the lowest of these branches, falling the last five feet or so and whimpering a bit. He hadn't had anyone explain the demihuman endurance or durability that he had inherited with the blood of a god but it was probably the only thing that had stopped him from majorly breaking bones on the way down.

Edited by TJ Gardner

"I'm well. And yourself?" After the two campers exchanged their greetings, Tristan looked up once more to se TJ still clinging onto the branch. It seemed like they would have to pry just to get him off but he did not want that. He'd rather not scar him through peer pressure. "I don't mind fighting either. I've got protection charms in my sleeve so they won't lay a skeleton finger on you. Think of it as an undead repellant." The undead was one of the first things he had looked up when he came back to camp when he was told even children of Hecate could have control over necromancy to a certain extent. If he did, he can't control skeletons but at least he could communicate with souls. "If you don't want to, it's okay. Like he said, you can be our lookout while we can defend our post or distract it while you run."

Tristan was certain he would be stuck in there but his eyes widened when he began to fall. He cringed at the sight but nevertheless gave him a surprise he did not think he'll experience once in his lifetime. A hand reached out to where TJ was about to hit the ground and prevented him from doing so by suspending in the air just for a few seconds before letting him fall the rest. He could have done it for longer but... magic conservation was his priority when the sun is still up. Approaching him, he leaned down and a hand reached out for him to grab. "You alright, man? I'm Tristan. Not the best circumstances for our first time meeting, I know."

TJ let our a bit of a screech as he was about to fall the last drop flat onto his face, his rifle beneath him and likely to do more damage than any cushioning with its smart metal casing. The sickening thud never quite came, the spectral hand grabbing his backpack a foot from the ground, enough to change a life threatening drop into into one much softer, that he got his hands and knees out in time for.

It took a moment but TJ sat up bumped and bruised, then pulled out the BB rifle from beneath him and through luck (and magical intervention) somehow had made it through the drop without much more than some new scrapes. 

"I..I.. think so. that last branch just.. " as he turned to look where the non-existent branch would have been. he looked a little shocked still as well as a bit impressed and somehow having forgot the worst of the supernatural threats as he processed this mystical intervention. He looked over at the big guy who seemed to be occupied staring into the forest and then turned to Tristan. His mouth dropped open with a quiet "wow..."

A cordial smile as he began to examine him now that he's made a safe landing from the tree albeit the bruises he sustained on the way. It was better than a thud to the ground and doing so could have worsened his condition. Tristan was glad he was able to save him and his gun in time. "You're welcome. I'm happy you're okay. Now with the monster at hand..." He glanced over to the direction the howl came from. "If you're still startled, I can stall it long enough for you to flee. I can grant you temporary protection so the monsters can't track you. You too, Killian. If anyone, an adult should be the one accompanying you. You survive..." He set a confident gaze onto the boy. "And I'll show you a couple more magic tricks. How does that sound? I'll catch up with you."

Edited by Tristan Damaris

He realized with a bit of a start that he had made it to the ground and nothing had erupted to drag him away, he supposed the others had been down here already but it didn't serve to take chances with this kinda thing. "Oh yeah, TJ" he twitched as if he was about to put out a hand but found an unwillingness to take his hands off its comforting grip for now. It quickly changed into a comradely nod to cover for this, definitely covered for it there..

Now that he was on the ground and there were no monsters visible, it quickly faded back into partially theoretical. Putting the other to behind him he seemed to be bolstered, in part with the kindness and encouragement that they had showed him along with equal parts someone standing in the way. Hearing about magic tricks.. wait no.. MAGIC tricks, really read magic made him have to force his jaw not to hang slack. "That is like super super awesome, like more than the lotto powers!" He had like actual super powers..

He still looked over his shoulder, just to make sure the route was clear just if it was needed, but for now he was not alone and they had super powers on their side.... now if they could just make it out in one piece...

Being a child of Hecate can be a bit confusing. One day you are just a person living a normal life and the next, you experience supernatural phenomena of fantasia. When his father died, he thought it was one of the drawbacks to being a person with powers. With great power, comes with great responsibility, he thought back to his dying words. Tristan was determined to look over as much grimoires as he could and only studying those that he found to be useful but there are still spells the better part of him wants to see the produced effect. It was better than those illusory tricks his father had showed him but nonetheless amazing to anyone new to magic.

"I agree, yes. Magic is awesome but there's always a limitation. Sounds lame but it's a gift mother gave me. In turn, I can learn any spell that's kept record in the cabin. Hecate is the goddess of magic after all." And he was proud to have her as a mother for letting him live out his dream of being a wizard. Looking back at him, he wanted to ask. "So does your name short for anything? Like TJ Maxx, Trader Joe's..." Tristan could not help but chuckle at his comment but he wanted to lighten the situation before they head out. 

"Yup. Its short for something but no one gets my church name - that way they can't tell me off." he said with a grin, all memory of the fears he had had before seeming to be displaced.  "So just TeeJay Gardner but good to meet you Wizard" he remembered his name started with a T as well but he would work it out when someone said it again.

He pulled the rifle up to a shoulder, ready to march along. These two were monster hunters, a wizard and a Killyman whatever those were. He started to feel a bit better about this camp, one day he would be a monster hunter too, then that would show those zombies!

The Storyteller

The Blue team was given a new directive after their flag was captured, they were to head into the Southern part of the forest and set their flag upon it once more. The team trekked into the forest, and managed to set their flag. Hopefully it would be protected well enough to prevent the red team from finding it. 

Flag1-blue.ico

Willow couldn't believe her luck. She stumbled across the blue team's flag, and nobody was there to protect it. She wasn't much of a capture the flag player normally, but after that fight with the myrmekes, she had to believe that it was possible for her to do anything today. After all, she had helped fend them off and healed someone all on her own! So, with the first bit of courage she could muster all day, Willow marched up to the flag and reached out for it...