bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Peas in a Pod.

Zoren Panganiban

Zoren's first week back at camp has been a wild turn of events. Although it is his last summer here in camp, he has resolved to make it as memorable as he could while trying not to leave without a grudge. Often, these can be made during games of any nature but he is a modest player. No shoving in his opponents faces, but he remained humble and expressed good sportsmanship. One such game is mythomagic. The child of Athena is currently playing a game with one of the campers in the Big House's rec room - the same room where Chiron holds meetings with the cabin leaders around the ping-pong table. On the times that there is no staff meeting, campers use it to engage in tabletop games and table sports. Countless board games line up on the shelves where one can use to play on one of the many vacant tables. He wondered how they got their hands on those but figured it is more of a camp contribution. Zoren left the room as a victor and shook hands with his opponent on the way out.

Heading back to Athena's cabin, he made plans to do some reading as he was in a middle of a Japanese comic book that he started last night. Though once he opened the door, he found one of his half-siblings already inside. "Hey @ Katie Rose . How are you feeling? Been some time since you came to camp."

Katie had to return to her home for her family to take care of her grandfather who was sick. She also had to be back to clear her room back at home and also to bring to camp. Mom had asked her for groceries shopping so she would be back to camp quite late. At the time when her friend Erowen, the satyr came and reminded her, it was already in the afternoon. She had been in contact with him ever since her first day at camp, and they were getting together all well. Her friend helped with her luggage and they reached camp around evening time. After he left her in the camp she had been resting until she decided to come out to the cabin lounge and do something. She thought of playing chess or read a cookbook, when someone called her. Oh hey @ Zoren Panganiban ! I had to be at home for my grandfather but he’s recovering now. So what have you been up to?”

Edited by Katie Rose

Zoren knew that Katie would be away to take care of her grandfather but he did not know she would be back already. "How is your grandfather? Is he doing well?" He did not know much about their situation but he sought to know so he could help them in anyway. "Ahh, yeah. My head has been all over the place lately but I'm still accepting the fact that this will be my last summer here at camp. I will visit of course but it may feel different visiting when I am older compared to now. I guess with all the things happening right now..." He paused and shook his head with a soft chuckle. "I don't want to think about it." Taking a moment to glance around the cabin, he appreciated how neat and organized it look so it seems like their half-siblings are keeping it clean - which proved to be a beneficial. A thought crossed his mind as grabbed a mythomagic figurine of Athena from his pocket and placed it in his workbench above the desk mat. "My lucky charm. Well- my pendant too but I bring this to battle." Hopping onto a vacant couch, he laid back against the cushion while having a leg cross over the other. Her half-brother was setting an inquisitive gaze.

"So what about you? How are you doing? If you're available, we can take a stroll or do something together."

• Like 1

”Yeah I think he’s in better condition now, thanks for asking.” Katie’s family had been taking care of her grandfather so they weren’t short of people at home. And they insisted Katie to be back to camp for her school life and most of all her demigod abilities. She was somehow better at camp as well, it wasn’t convenient to use her abilities among the people. “Aw noo too bad, cant really spend more time with you then haha. She hadn’t met most of her seniors yet as she came to camp around last year. She made sure that she would hang around munger at camp this summer. She wasn’t sure what he was talking about that something was happening, and before she could ask she was distracted to the little figurine that Zoren had brought out. “That’s a cute owl.” She wasn’t sure there was a battle either, but having a lucky pendant did really have some hope and assurance that everything would turn out fine. Athena children were good at battles and strategies as well, so they weren’t always in danger. “Sure, we can take a stroll somewhere.” And then join some activities at the outdoors too maybe. She looked at her half brother in front at the couch awaiting his response.

@ Zoren Panganiban

He nodded at the compliment. "Thank you. The pendant is a gift from my father on my eleventh birthday. He took me out, ate good food, even got rolled ice cream. When we got back home, a present lay on my desk. I didn't see it the morning before we left for the outing so I figured my dad put it there. I asked him and he said 'It's a secret'," Zoren could not help but chuckle at the memory as a thumb brushed over the beak. "I opened it and them I see this. I did not know what it meant until I got claimed. That my, no- our mother is Athena." Placing it back down on his workbench, he continued. "I just thought it was a cute looking pendant so I wore it.

Zoren narrowed his eyes as he smiled at her. "That is why I am here. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out. It's your first summer here and it's my last. We should make the most of it right? So what sort of activities have gotten your attention? Any sports?" As her older half-brother, he wanted to spend some time getting to know her any way he can. Even though she does have a brother by blood, he still considers the Athena cabin members his family.

Edited by Zoren Panganiban
  • Like 1

Katie watched upfront as Zoren talked about his past memory of his father. That made her wonder how her family was doing now. ”that’s nice of him, remembering her like that.” It was odd mentioning their mum since they had the same mother and different fathers, she was still trying to get used to it. She wondered how many men Athena had met and the thought was actually still hard to manage. Somehow she kind of felt guilty by it. ”Cool, but do come back sometimes too. How about some sea sports? I never really checked out the sea area yet.” She thought the sea would be a great place for a hangout as it would be as pretty as the mortal beaches, or what she imagined to be.

It was pretty shocking to see that his lodging space is occupied by his half-siblings that were brought into this world by his mother - the same person. The thought made him grow doubtful of him whether or not she had actually loved his father but then it occurred to him that every other god that helped populate Camp Half-Blood is no better. Great. Either way, this is the only place everyone knows that will accept demigods and provides protection from monsters. Food and shelter, goblets that fill up with a favorite drink, it was almost like a child's paradise as long as you attend outdoor activities to prepare yourself for the unknown. Of course, there's also time for socials. When she brought up the beach, the suggestion surprised him. He was not exactly a beach person but he's willing to visit it just for her.

"Fireworks Beach. Been there several times." He spoke quite confidently. "There's actually no fireworks there right now but a lot of us campers like to bring the spark there." The boy flashed her a grin. "Did you bring beach clothes? Otherwise, you are going to have to ask one of the Hecate kids to transform your fit. I did it once but the guy could not remember the outfit I wore before I went so I had to walk back to the cabin half nude.

• Like 1

Katie began clearing up her things left at the space in the lounge. Since they were going out as well but she knew her half siblings would take care of her belongings too. Athena cabin was somehow quite chill and calming, most probably because of their mother who was more logical than emotional, hence they all have similar qualities. That was best in war she heard. And Fireworks beach, she kept it in mind of what her older sibling said. She took out her swimwear from her backpack beside her she brought in case they had water activities. “I brought mine… Ahhh nope not going to be naked today haha.” She turned a little white at her public nude picture, but then chuckled at that thought of Zoren being half nude. Boy, how did he walk back to the cabin? The Hecates have magic don’t they, as she wondered about their ability to change one’s outfit. ”Maybe we should ask them to make new clothes for us sometime, since they’re all magic.” She joked, while thinking of how the Hecates perform magic.

Zoren was glad she brought her beach clothes to camp. On the one day he realized he had forgotten, a suggestion was made to him to ask one of the Hecate kids to transform his clothes into a fit more suitable for the beach. They did that and of course, Zoren had a good time but there was an uneasy feeling on the back of his mind that there was a catch to this cosmetic spell. So once he was done, he returned back to the cabin and asked the camper to change it back. He could not do it, simply because he could not remember what he had wore before he performed the spell. There was dissatisfaction on his face so he walked back to his cabin with only a pair of damp shorts. The walk was short but campers were looking at him. At least, it was undone the next day by another one of Hecate's kids.

"Maybe. There's a limitation to their magic, little sister. Some have timed effects, others is an unintended effect if a spell is mispronounced. Or some that cannot be undone. There's an endless record of the spells they can learn there so I suppose that particular spell they did think it through. They're all nice kids, trust me. Just sometimes, I get the impression that they are living in their own world." Zoren approached her to softly pat her head as he gave her an affectionate look. "Why don't you go on ahead? I've got some errands to do.I promise I won't take long."

• Like 1

Katie was still in the midst of the spells Hecate kids could do with the abilities they had, although her half brother discouraged with their abilities. It seemed that they wasn’t good with spells maybe, since what happened to Zoren with his clothes wasn’t a good one. That actually made her curious how the Hecates do really train their abilities. ”Ohh, then maybe we’ll pass that.” She chuckled lightly at that. She wondered what they usually do at home with their spells, plotting pranks maybe? She nodded as Zoren asked her to move first as he had something to catch up before. ”Sure. I hope you have your beach wear this time .” She smiled teasingly before packing her things to head out.

"Oh yeah, after that incident. I have my beach clothes already prepared." Zoren helped himself to smile at his little sister and an idea came to him just when he grabbed the handle of his duffel bag. "Could you give me a couple more minutes? I'll meet you there soon, just gotta check up on something first." If they are going to the beach, they are going to need stuff for beach activities. He would not consider himself a beach person but he would enjoy it whenever he gets to hang around here with someone. Grabbing his tote bag, the both of them parted ways.

With two water guns in hand, Zoren arrived at the beach looking for Katie. He figured the two of them should kick things off with a water gun fight. For a spontaneous outing, he wasn't a great planner but sometimes things might end up being fun.

Important Information

Terms of Use