bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Training is good for the Soul

Krystal Rose

Krystal had a heck of a weekend, first she gets shoved at Dustin during the fireworks, and then her sister gets her heart broken. What's next? she thought to herself as she walked out to the weapons shack. She decided getting some training in with her favorite sword, would help get her mind off stressing things for a bit and focus on just breathing and relaxing so she could process things a bit better. Her mind was mainly racing about that night, he had said that he doesn't hate her, but yet she hates herself for what she did. She wants them to be together, to be happy again, but she didn't know how that would work after breaking his heart. 

Arriving at the shack Krystal walked in and started to look around, she wasn't looking for a weapon, she already knew she wanted the Katana, it was her favorite to weld. What she was looking for was the type of target she wanted to use, since she was by herself. She wasn't sure what kind of target she wanted, so she took her time just looking through them, as her mind still wondered.

Many can observe that Mei Lin is dedicated to her craft (which is true), but even studious children like her need a break from time to time. Even if her mother is not here to supervise her, she was strict with herself just so she can say she accomplished something during her stay at camp and if possible, gather all the proof she needed. Pins, patches, badges, trophies... nothing could make happier than seeing her mother happy but at the same time she tends to do things in her own pace but even Dustin is more or less strict with her studies. The daughter of Ares nevertheless had a great weekend. She enjoyed the fun, chaotic energy at the beach, witnessed the drama between some campers, and even played some games. She knew some people here and there but she certainly had fun. To begin the week, she began with her training not before dawn but later in the afternoon since she decided to sleep in.

Mei Lin wound up in the weapons shed next to the Athena cabin. It holds a huge selection of armaments from various cultures made with a Greek mythological touch. Most of them are made with Celestial Bronze but there is a minority made with other magical metals or just those without magical properties. She absolutely loved looking at the display and she's pretty much most of them... or so she believed. Seeing that the door of the shed was already open, she could assume that either someone is still inside or it was left like that. When she peeked her head, it was the latter.

"Krystal. Hey!" She began with a cheerful tone as she entered the shelter. "How have you been? Any plans for the week?" Instead of asking her for anything weapons related, she asked for her well being. Mei Lin was more interested in getting to know her at the moment but she had no intention of involving herself with the drama between the her and her half-brother. She's watched too many c dramas to know.

Edited by Su Mei Lin
  • Like 1

Krystal was in her head, she just couldn't shake the events that had happened, because even though she has been trying to forget it the incident that happened with Dustin and MK still slightly bothered her. She knows it was harmless but she just couldn't get it out of her head. As she rummaged through targets she finally found the one she wanted, but just so happens that as soon as she finds it, she hears a voice behind her. Jaring back up into a standing position she turns on her heels to see the sweet little girl Mei, smiling "Hi Mei! You startled me" she laughs a little "I am doing alright, how are you?" she questions the girl. 

Krystal was actually really excited she showed up, what's better than a motionless target, a real target! And she is an Ares child so that could pose an even better challenge for her. She smiles sweetly at her with a small devilish grin hidden underneath it "What has brought you in here today hun?" she asks innocently, trying to decide if she should even ask her. Of course just the thought of practicing with her makes her remember the good times she had practicing with Dustin, he was a good opponent. 

"I'm doing great, thank you for asking. I didn't know you were here." Mei Lin did not intend on scaring her but she knew it was just a joke. She could not understand why she hasn't gotten to know more of her when Dustin talks about her in positive light but she decided that would change today. What was it about her that makes her cabin leader swoon? "I slept in so I am starting my training routine in the afternoon. I assume you are here for a similar purpose?" After all, who would go to the shed and stare at weapons all day? She did one time but she wouldn't do that again. Hopefully no one else knows that story.

"Hmm..." She pondered as she pored over through the armaments and a grin curled the corners of her lips as she found a pair she can use in her training. Iron fans. Grabbing the pair in her hands, she popped both of them open and fanned herself for the moment. "Feels really hot in here." She quipped with a smile. "It's not the best weapon against monsters, I know but I don't find them every day. More like people to me. Do you have a weapon that you align with?" Mei Lin was curious. Campers train to use a variety of weapons because their favorite isn't always going to show up in battle. 

Krystal smiled at the young girl, and giggled slightly when she picked up the iron fans, fanning herself. "Actually, I am in here to get a weapon for practice" she comments reaching over and grabbing her favorite Katana off the wall. She loved this sword, it was light and she could move quick with it. "This beauty is my weapon of choice" she smirks. As she ran the sword through her hand, feeling the sharp edge and smiling "It is pretty hot in here, if you got the weapon you want, then we could head out and practice together?" she questions her. Krystal was in the market to take her feelings out with a fun practice against someone else, but she was wondering if she should really do that with one of Dustin's younger siblings. 

"You know, I could use a sparring partner? if you would like?" Krystal admits, asking her with a smirk on her face. She was curious how well she could fight. Again more memories started to flood her, and she shook her head, giving a sigh before turning and walking to the door. 

Mei Lin was still fanning herself. It was not even hot - she just liked doing it. Observing as she lifted the katana off the wall, she was thrilled by her weapon of choice. It seemed like she shares her passion for blade work but perhaps only certain weapons can one really feel whole when fighting. Even for a daughter of Ares, she could think of a few that could give her that feeling but she didn't intend on going all out for today. "It is quite a beauty," she smiled, "Katanas are one of my favorite weapons. My master would not let me touch one until he thought I was trained enough. He finally let me after a year and a half." A soft chuckle parted her lips, followed by a nod. She was simply happy with her choice. "You have made a good decision."

She wasn't expecting to spar someone so soon but she hasn't seen her in combat. Recalling that she was Dustin's training partner, she wanted to see for herself when faring against another child of Ares. "I would be honored. I think the arena is free for another thirty minutes. We have until then to spar." Mei Lin held the two fans with one hand while gesturing her to come with as she stood by the shed's doorway.

"Sounds great, your going to use those against a sword?" Krystal eyed the metal fans, she knew it could be done but she has never seen it done and was excited to see how she could use them against her skills with a Katana. "Not to say anything bad, just never seen it done. Can't wait" she comments as she walks out of the shed and heads for the arena. Krystal was excited for this, it will be so much better then practicing on targets. 

Even with the excitement of the duel, her mind still raced, and then it hit her. I wonder is she knows how Dustin has been or if he talks to her at all, she thought to herself. Taking a breath to calm her nerves about the conversation, she gave a small smile "Hey Mei, do you know how Dustin has been? Has he said anything to you or anyone else that you have overheard?" she questions the girl, as she sighs sadly but keeping that small smile on her face.

The girl gave her a nod. "Not many know that these fans can be used in combat. We use them to cool ourselves but they also bear ceremonial purposes. They are quite often used for obvious applications which makes them one of the best arms for stealth. If a barrage of arrows are coming for me, I can deflect them with these. If you ever seen those moments in television where a character uses these, it's sort of like how I use them. Besides, I saw it once on a program and thought it was fantastic." Mei Lin could not help but giggle. Some of the moments in martial arts/fighting flicks became inspiration for her to train and try out new weapons which her master in some cases would disagree.

"Hm?" She turned her head towards her as the two began their little stroll to the arena. She recalled bumping into them back in the beach but her involvement did not last any more than a couple of seconds, knowing a little bit about Dustin's history with her. "My brother is alright. He's just... going through a development, I believe. I don't want to assume anything but I think he blames himself for you guys breaking up. I'm not too sure what happened, but he's speaks highly of you so I know for certain... that he still is in love with you." She paused with a smile. "Don't tell him I said this. I feel like he'll scold me for telling this to you..." Her tone grew somber towards the end. 

"That sounds amazing! Can't wait to see you use them with my Katana skills" Krystal comments with a smirk and wink. Krystal was very excited about this arrangement. As they talked, Krystal mind settled with the words from Mei. She even giggled a little when she asked her not to tell Dustin she told me any of it. "I won't hun, Thank you! That really helped me calm down some" she says with a sweet smile, as the they reached the entrance to the arena.

Walking into the arena, Krystal looked around and sighed. "So many memories" she says to herself. This is the first time Krystal has been back at the arena since her and Dustin ended things. Krystal walked out into the middle, shaking her arms trying to loosen up and get ready for a duel that she probably isn't ready for. "You ready?" she questions Mei with a smirk, as she gets into her stance.

A wave of relief washed over her upon the girl's assurance but it was something she felt she needed to hear. Even though it would sound better directly from Dustin, from someone he considers as his sister might be the closest she's gotten so far. As the both of then entered the venue, it was only a couple of days ago when she visited for her daily training. She never does the same exact routine every day so she rotates to prevent decreasing her motivation. She repeating the same routine does just that so she tries switching it up whenever a part of her did not want to train. Giving the amphitheater a glance, she noticed a couple of other campers just sitting down on the steps and having a chat but none she felt wanted to use the center stage which she was pleased to see.

As the two of them settled into their positions, Mei Lin gave herself a deep breath with her eyes closed, letting the breeze sway over them. It was for that moment where her arms are against her body and her legs against each other until she formed a stance with her two closed fans. Eyes looking at her opponent with confidence. "That's what I should be asking you. Come.

Krystal smiled as Mei got herself in position. She study Mei stance, noting the possible openings that she can strake for first, but that doesn't make her open for a strike back. That's one good thing about swords, Krystal didn't have to get to close to her components. Krystal was not big on close combat, she wasn't the best at it, but as long as she could strike from a few steps back and be able to keep eyes on her opponent then she was in her comfortable position. 

Krystal lunged forward, bringing the sword into position to strike. She was ready to go for Mei's leg, thinking Mei will block, which Krystal is great with switching her strike zone at the last second, when her opponent goes to block one part, Krystal switches at the very last second, not giving the opponent enough time to respond and she is able to land her strike. Of course she has never dueled with Mei, so she is hoping this trick works. If it does well she will be ready to block and get back to protect herself.  

Important Information

Terms of Use