bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The first of many...

Octavia Davis

Summer - May 2027 Age: 15

School had ended and she was glad as it was just about time to go to camp. Well, it was time to go to camp. She had waited outside of the school for Derrick. They had grown up together and they were still just as close as they had been when they were eight years old. She wanted him there with her because well, he protected her when things happened. Not that they had many things happen in the school this year. Well besides her reading getting worse. She had thought that it was going to get better but it hadn't. It was hard but she was able to do it. They both opted to go to school in New York so they could get to the camp better. Which worked for them all. They waited and took the cab to the camp and she paid them for dropping them off. She always felt a little sick riding in the cab. But it was the fastest way from the school. 

She rushed to the boarders, getting calls from the others that were there watching. She turned to see Derrick walking up and she placed her hands on her hips playfully. "Come on slow poke." She teased him turned to walk up the steps of the big house. She knew where she was going, and went right to it. The kitchens. The first thing that she had seen were the cookies that were placed on the table. She took one and munched into it happily, only when she heard someone clear their throat did she look up. "James." She gushed out as she ran to him. She hadn't seen him in a while. Since he and Rissa keep leaving on trips all the time. She grinned at him and talked for a bit, well until Derrick made his way to the house. She turned to see him and grinned wider before walking over to her friend. "Bye James." She told him with a same wave and grabbed Derricks hand before pulling him through the house to the camp out back. "This whole day seem so long." She pouted to Derrick for a moment, forgetting that she had his hand in hers. They walked to his cabin first and she followed him to the door only to stop for a second. "I'll wait for you out here." She told him, not waiting to step into the cabin at all. 

Once he was out, she once again grabbed his hand and pulled him along to her cabin. "Wait right here."  She told him as she bounced on her toes for a second before running into the cabin, placing her things on the bed and heading back out to him. She came to a bouncing stop, her hair flying into her face as she giggled. "So where should we go first?" She asked him curiously as she looked up at him. It was strange since he had grown so much. She liked it though. Though, she liked him. More than she honestly knew and she didn't know what to do about it. 

@ Derrick Raines

• Like 1

With the final bell that meant that school was out for the summer, Derrick had began to sing the old song his older brother taught him. "Schooollls out for the summer" he bangged his head to the beat. His happiness was apparent because with school being done meant time to go back to camp for the summer as they had done since they were eight years old. Getting his things together, Derrick would meet Octavia outside the school so that the two of them could walk together. I mean now that they were old, it was easy for monsters to smell them and try and hurt them. Over the years, Derrick had protected Octavia as he promised he would to James when they asked to go to school. That was the risk they had not being at camp. Getting to her side he smiled as the two of them took a cab to the border of camp. 

Derrick watched Octavia with a sort of dorky smile on his face as he loved watching her. Octavia had always been his best friend but over the last few years he had started to feel different about her. Of course he felt protective of her but it was more than that, he really cared about her in a way that was more than a friend. He first knew it when another camper had flirted with her in front of him. He got upset which of course made Octavia curious. With all of this going on in his mind, he was a bit slow as they walked to the border. As he was trying to come up with some idea of how to tell her this summer. Hearing her call him slow poke, he looked up with a smirk as he jogged to catch up. The way her hands were on his hips made him laugh "I am not the slow poke, I was just thinking" he stuck his tongue out at her playfully. 

Octavia made it to the big house which he was close behind her. Walking in he smiled as he heard her calling out to James which he would be happy to see as well. He was the older brother to Octavia but over the years had been there for Derrick as well. Seeing the smile on her face when she turned to look at him made him feel the a bit dopey as it always did....I mean she was just so beautiful the way she smiled at him. With Octavia grabbing him and pulling him through the house he laughed "Calm down we still have plenty of day to do the stuff we want" he joked with her. The girl was on a mission as always!!! This was one of the many things he loved about her. Making it to his cabin he raised an eyebrow when she announced she would wait outside for him. "You know us Nemesis kids don't bite" he mused as he opened the door to go in. 

Getting inside he walked to his bunk to put down his school stuff as he looked towards Azrael's bed. Would he see his older brother this summer? He really did miss him a lot. Then looking in a mirror he began to play with his hair to make it stand up a bit to look cool before running back out to see Octavia waiting for him. Feeling her grab his hand again it was the same dopey feeling as they went to her cabin next. "Okay okay I will wait here, but I don't get why I can't just come in" he laughed shaking his head. It took her no time at all to come bouncing out making him laugh. Seeing her hair go in her face, he began to move it behind her ears "Well we can go to the lake or maybe some food or archery" he said making the arm movements to show the action. Derrick knew one thing and that it was, if he could be with just her then would be good. 

• Like 1

Octavia was in her own little mind when Derrick showed up at her side. She turned to him with one of her biggest smiles and started talking about different things to him. It was amazing to have a best friend that was in her classes with you. Growing up with each other was nice. Though when the girls asked about her and him, Octavia couldn't help but blush thinking about it. They had even asked if they were dating or if they could date him which was a no go. She had ended up getting a little mad at the one however, it never did really work out for them in the long run so it was perfect for her. 

It had always confused her a little as well when there were boys that wanted to talk to her but Derrick would end up scaring them off. She had always giving him a curious look but never really said anything out of the way to him about it. But she was curious, something that she couldn't help. The way that he laughed at her when she had placed her hands on her hips. "Oh really?" She questioned him now curious about his thinking. "What were you thinking." as asked as she tilted her head to the side. 

Once they were at the big house and she was pulling him along with a bright smile on her face. His comment made her laugh a little and shake her head. "Of course we have the time. I just wanted to get the everything!" She told him as she glanced back at him. Her hair flying all over the place. Mainly because she couldn't tame it at all. As they got to his cabin she couldn't help but wait outside his cabin and giggled some. "I know you all don't." She told him. "I just, don't want to get don't stuck in there." She told him honestly. There had been a couple of his brothers that wanted to talk to her none stop, but she didn't want to tell him that. 

Soon he was back and they were walking to her cabin and her mind was thinking a mile a minute about different things. She honestly couldn't make up her own mind about what she wanted to focus on first. She blinked at him a little when he said he could come into the cabin but she was already in and out fast as she could be. She couldn't help but blush a little when he pushed some of her hair behind her ear. She bounced a little and smiled at him. She could just hug him, she wanted to but she was a little nervous to. Everything about him made her nervous. 

"Ummm." She tapped her finger on her chin and looked around. Where did she want to go? She blinked for a second and then it hit her and she smiled. "Let's go do some archery!" She said grabbing his hand and pulled him along with her. "So how was your last class?" She questioned him curiously since they didn't have it together. They passed some of the campers and they waved at them. The older campers had watched them grow up too. It had always interesting to Octavia about what the others thought about the younger kids growing up finally. 

• Like 1

Derrick had always felt different than the other kids, since he found out he was a demi-god. They had no idea of the danger him and Octavia were in at all points if they were not at camp. Every student bully or teacher could be a monster in disguise trying to destroy their lives. It wasn't as if they could say what was happening to the mortals as well as they saw what the mist told them to see. But being with Octavia made it so much better as she was better at being around the mortals than he was. Not that he thought he was better....of course not it was just that he had a hard time relating to them now. "Yeahhhh well mostly about camp and a few other things" he said laughing as he saw she put her hands on her hips. 

Some things hadn't changed over the years but the way he saw Octavia had. He well liked her more than a friend but did not know how to tell her. As they got to camp, he felt himself relax a bit as this place was home to him. He felt safe here which he was not out in the world beyond camp! With her pulling him along, things just felt right to him. "Okay okay, well we will okay....we have all summer" he said to her as they got to his cabin. It was a quick in and out for him. It was as if he had spent half his life at this place! He was thinking of what she said to him....get stuck? This made him laugh as he knew his brothers liked to talk to her of course but THEY KNEW that she was off limits to any of them. 

"Archery it is" he said with a smile as he knew once she set her mind to something there was no stopping it! Octavia's hand slipped into his which made his heart race as she began to talk once more. Asking him about his class "But school is done......you know how much I don't like school. Math is a wasteful class anyways but what about what we want to do this summer...YEAH let's talk about that!!" His smile was on his face as he was hoping the topic would go away from classes. School was hard enough with his ADHD and dyslexia. Then add monsters and it was a recipe of a meal he never wanted to eat, but he did it to stay close to Octavia! 

• Like 1

Octavia moved her head a little, making her long hair sway with her as she glanced at Derrick. "Oh, and what are these other few things?" she couldn't help but question. She didn't think that Derrick would hide anything from her, but she couldn't help but be a little curious herself. Because she wanted to know everything about her boyfriend. Her eyes widened at the thought of calling him that, it wasn't how she meant it. He's a boy and a friend so it was okay right? She blinked a little as she took a breath and went back smiling at him. She would never tell him that she had called him that in her head. Untelling what he would think about it. She didn't want to ruin her friendship with him at the moment. So that was going to be a hushed enter log. 

She could say that things had changed for her since they had grown up. She was loving spending time with him whenever she could, and he didn't seem to mind that either. She glanced at him for a second more before her face flushed a little read and she turned her head. She wouldn't mind him being her boyfriend. She would be able to hold his hand whenever she wanted without having to pull him places. "Yes. I know. But untelling what is going to happen this summer..." she gushed as she watched him go into the cabin and come back out as fast. 

She couldn't help but talk about school. Sure. They were out of it, but she couldn't help but want to know what happened in his day. She gave him a pout and pleading look. Her lower lip hung out a little, but she knew that she was fighting a battle that he would surely win. "Pfft." She said throwing her hair over her shoulder faking mad. "Fine you win." she muttered before she grabbed his hand and started pulling him to the archery place. "You know. I'm going to win right." She said throwing a smirk over her shoulder. She couldn't help but laugh as they finally got to the shooting rang. There were a couple other campers there that said hello to the two and maybe even gave the two a curious look. "Right, bow time." she grinned as she went to grab a bow for the both of him. "So, what's the bet here?" She said handing him the bow, letting her hand rest on her hip once again. 

• Like 1

Derrick looked down at Octavia with a sweet snarky smile "That is for me to know and maybe for you to find out" he said touching her nose. Booping it with a big smile on his face.  He knew this answer would drive her a bit crazy as she had to know what he was thinking....but he liked to surprise her too! Derricks eyes watched her as her own widened. "What is even thinking about Octavia?" he said in his deep voice while laughing. It was funny when she did stuff like this, go all quiet but be in her own mind. One of the many reasons he loved being around her all these year. It seemed to be the luck she had from her mom that had them become campers around the same time. 

Derrick could not help but look around feeling happier just being at camp with Octavia. It meant time away from them always on guard from the monsters out side of camp...well unless they went on a quest. This made him smirk when he was happy she picked archery for them to do. Maybe if he got lucky he could come up behind her, put his long arms around her and help her shoot. The thought had made him space out a little as Octavia faked being made. Gosh she was so adorable when she was like this.....if only he could get closer to her.....but his hand on her face and kissssss her. That was when her hand grabbed his "In your dreams Octavia....you better hope your mom gives you some luck today. I have been practicing a lot with Azrael over the years sooo." 

Getting to the range he paid no attention to the others there as none of them really mattered to him...just her. Seeing her get the bows for them he stood there smirking at her as she asked their bet. "Well if I win then I get to take you on a surprise thing" he said with something in mind. "But you know you can just give up now as I will win...I am determined" he said with a wink. 

Important Information

Terms of Use