bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Sleigh to my Heart

Killian O'Connor

image.png

Killian was enjoying the time he had been spending back at camp. He first came back to just see who all might be back at camp, hoping to see some old buddies. When he started to notice Willow more than he ever had done. The girl had stolen him with the sound of her voice or maybe it was the gentle was she spoke to him. Either way he couldn't get the lass off his mind. Every chance he had to see her, he had taken it which was not like him. 

So this holiday season he had been trying to come up with a gift for Willow....it had to be something with music but what? Well to get the ideas flowing in his mind. Killian had taken a taxi cab out to New York City to walk through the streets to see if anything had spoken to him for her. Finding himself starting in Time Square. He took one side street and began to go through some of the shops feeling lost from one thing to another. That was when he saw this music store off another side street. Seeing it he ran over to it and walked in. The place was nice and cheery for the holidays. Seeing this thing on the wall, it was the beautiful wood shelf that would hold the guitar and some pics. Rushing over to it he got it and took it to the front to pay. As the owner wrapped it up for him. He put his arm through the bag and walked out of the shop. 

@ Willow Iris Hazelwood

Willow had gone into New York to do some busking to earn money for Christmas presents. There weren't too many campers she felt the need to buy gifts for, but Willow did have a few. She mentally went through her list in her head. An old-fashioned camera for Lilythe, so she can capture memories in low-tech and safe ways. A necklace for Larissa. A collapsible music stand for... The list went on for a bit and then she found herself thinking about someone she hadn't planned on. Killian.

Killian had recently wormed his way into Willow's life. He was often by her side. It was fairly clear that he was flirting with her, but Willow was convinced that the flirting would subside when he inevitably lost interest in her though. Killian's reputation preceded him wherever he went. The man hadn't had a stable girlfriend that Willow knew of, and she'd been at camp nearly as long as him. He flitted from one girl to the next, however his fancy struck him. Willow refused to be another notch on his bedpost. She was a relationship girl, or at least she knew that she didn't feel comfortable sleeping with anyone that wasn't committed to her. Right now she was denying him and it was a challenge, that had to be it. He would lose interest soon enough.

Still... Killian had protected her with his life, at the cost of severe injury during capture the flag. He treated her like a gentleman at every interaction. Including Lilythe's party where she had gotten beyond wasted. Willow blushed thinking about how embarrassing that night had been for her, but Killian hadn't batted an eye and just kept making sure that she was okay. Maybe... She shook her head and grabbed her guitar. You don't need to think about that right now. Just do your busking. She strummed a few chords and began to sing.

Feeling a bit happier that he found something for her, Killian did not feel the cold that New York had at that time of the year.  He began to walk down the street when he heard a voice that made his heart skip a beat. Walking fast and fast towards the sound he stopped right before he got to her. She was singing for money. The smile on his face was one that grew the more she sang. He did not know what it was about this child of apollo that seemed to capture his attention in a way that she would never leave his mind. 

He of course tried fighting it, Killian had never gotten close to anyone before for a good reason. He made a promise to himself all those years ago that he would never have anything serious or any really close friends. As it brought up too much pain from his childhood when the orphanage he was in, caught fire due to him fighting off a monster dressed as a Nun. He was close to most those kids and some perished that night. This was his demons that he carried around year after year. Worried he would cause something else to happen.

When her song finished he found himself clapping and then put his fingers to his lips to whistle. "Bravo, encore my Lady" he said with the biggest smile. Walking closer to her, he reached into his pocket and found a few dollars which he put in her case. "Well done Willow, that was Charming."

Willow had gotten completely lost in the music. She hadn't even realized that Killian walked up and began to listen until he spoke to her. Her eyes widened, and she blushed as she turned to face him. "Killian?! W...w...what are you doing here?" It seemed like everywhere she went these days Killian was there. Just when I stopped thinking about him... Willow had been convinced that Killian's attentions would shift after time. He always had flit from girl to girl in the past. His continued interest in her was strange, and she wasn't sure she trusted it. But I want to...

Bending down, she set her guitar in the case and grabbed out the cash that Killian had just put in there. "You... you didn't need to... I sing for you at camp all the time." She said, holding the money back out to him. How could she accept money from someone she knew? It seemed strange. Willow knew it was just another way he was trying to flirt with her. She still couldn't understand why he hadn't lost interest in her.

• Like 1

Have you ever just seen a person you care about do the thing they love....it's as if they lose themselves in it. But for those around them they get to see that person shine in a way that captures the whole wide world. Killian had never known that feeling until he made friends at camp....but it had only been about them and no one else.....that was until now! "I am out doing a bit of Christmas Shopping myself" he said holding up the bag. The music shop logo was on the outside of the bag. "Since this place is so close go camp, it was sort of the easiest place to go. " Looking at the busy street around him. It was easy enough to blend into this town well that was until a monster caught your scent. 

Shaking his head, he held his hand out refusing to take the money back "Nooo you earned that, fair and square. If I had been any other person on the street. You would take it unless I am special in some way?" The smirk on his face grew under his red beard as he looked at the child of apollo in front of him. Then hearing some bells he turned to see off some ways that gave him an idea. Turning back he got this glint in his eye of madness as he was about to ask Willow to join him and maybe it was mad with how she must feel about him....but he had to try! "Come with me" he said as he folded her hand back over the money. "These is something fun I want to do in central park" he looked down to seeing his hands that had been on hers. Blushing he took it off as he looked at her with big puppy eyes. 

Willow looked at the bag in his hand and saw the shop's logo. The idea that the gift could be for her hadn't really entered her mind. She was confused at who in his life was a musician for a moment before she remembered his sister. "Oh! That must be for Ash, right? She's into music. You're a great brother." Willow had a genuine smile on her face.

That was, until he refused to take the money back. "Killian!" She blushed bright red. "You can't say things like that! People will think..." Her cheeks were bright against her pale skin. He folded her hand over the money and she knew that she had lost the battle for now. When he removed his hand from atop hers, she flushed and started to pack up her guitar and placed the money from Killian in the outside pocket. She would find a way to get it back to him somehow. Maybe she could convince a Hermes child to reverse pickpocket it back into his wallet.

She had just finished packing up her guitar when she noticed that his cheeks had turned red. "Are you sure, I think you might be getting cold..." Willow raised her hand to his cheek, but it felt warm. "Oh! Or maybe not. I... I just assumed..." She blushed. "Sorry..." She bit her lip nervously and looked down to her feet. "What was it you wanted to do?"

• Like 1

Killian stiffened a bit as she looked at the bag, would she know this is for her? But all that came crashing down when she had said it was for Ash. I mean he loved Ash but this was not for her. "Not really for her ....no....but for someone else just as talented in music" he said scratching his head while going a bit red. "Her gift is back in the cabin" he finished saying hoping maybe she would maybe get the hint. 

Seeing that he took had some kind of ability to make the Lady Willow blush made him laugh with a huge smirk on his face. "Think what my lady?" he probed her with the question as she had done everything in her power to keep him at arm's length. Happy to see that she indeed kept the money made him feel like a small victory had been won. Willow was a wonderful musician that she deserved it without a doubt in his mind. Plus if she was out here working for it, then she must need it for something good.

"Ohhhhh nooooo its just the Holiday Cheer he said....you know like the big man with rosy cheeks and red outfit" he joked with her as her hand week down from his cheek. The touch of her skin on his felt nice that he wished she hadn't taken it away so soon. Pointing over to the park which was not to far from there. "There is a sleigh ride I thought it might be fun to do" he said hoping that she would indeed join him. There was of course a high chance she would say no and go away but he had to take his chance! 

Killian's teasing completely removed the gift in his hands from her mind. Her curiosity abated and she became completely focused on the embarrassing situation his words were creating. "You're going to make people think we're dating or that you want to." Willow's cheeks were bright red with embarrassment. "People will get the wrong idea." She propped her guitar case up. Her embarrassment only deepened as Killian revealed that he was perfectly fine. Me checking on him didn't help with that impression either. Killian did not commit to women. He flirted, he enjoyed their company, had intimate moments, and then he left. That was his pattern. Willow was more than aware of that fact. The fact that he had been flirting with her consistently since Aislynn's party in the summer was perhaps the longest she had seen him show interest in anyone. But it's also the longest anyone's gone without giving in to his charm. She reminded herself.

Willow had been lost in her thoughts; when she finally came out of them, she realized that Killian had suggested a sleigh ride. At first her instinct was to say no, because how many romantic comedies had she seen with the couple in a sleigh ride? But as she looked over at the park, she could see that there were friends and families in the sleighs too. "I... Sure." She said with a soft smile. "I suppose there's no harm in a sleigh ride before we head back to camp. Lead the way." She said and lifted her guitar to gesture that he should walk ahead.

• Like 1

As Killian listened to Willow's concerns, he couldn't help but feel a slight pang in his chest. He knew his past behavior had given her every reason to be wary of him, but he couldn't deny the way he felt about her. He wanted to prove to her that he was capable of changing, that he could be the person she needed him to be. "I promise, Willow, I won't do anything to make you uncomfortable," he reassured her, hoping his words would help ease her worries.

The sight of her soft smile and her agreement to join him on the sleigh ride made Killian's heart swell with happiness. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt this excited about spending time with someone. It was as if every moment with Willow was a new adventure he couldn't wait to embark on. "Thank you, Willow. I promise you'll enjoy it," he said, his own smile mirroring hers.

As Killian led the way, he couldn't help but feel grateful for the opportunity to share this experience with Willow. He was determined to make this sleigh ride memorable, hoping it would bring them closer and help Willow see that he was sincere in his feelings for her. He knew he had a long way to go to earn her trust, but he was willing to do whatever it took. As they approached the sleighs, Killian's heart raced with anticipation, excited for the chance to create new memories with Willow by his side.

Willow blushed. "Killian, we're friends. I know you wouldn't do anything to make me uncomfortable. I just... worry that people will think this is more than what it is, you know?" She chewed softly on her lower lip. "What if some pretty girl walks by and thinks you're taken? You'd miss your chance." It was far easier for Willow to believe that Killian would be happier chasing after some girl that fell easily for his charms, than it was to believe he might actually have genuine interest in her. Their tenuous friendship required her constantly reminding herself that he wasn't truly interested in her but in the chase. And once that chase was over, he would run away. So if she wanted to keep the friendship, she had to keep those firm boundaries. But it's so hard when he looks at me like that...

Following him towards the sleigh allowed Willow a bit of time to breathe. He had to keep his eyes mostly ahead, which meant that she could take the time to take some deep breaths and calm herself. She felt flustered after the whole encounter, and wasn't sure what to make of her internal struggle. It said a lot that, thus far, he really had respected her boundaries. Aside from the flirtatious comments, and continuously calling her 'my lady', he really hadn't tried anything. He didn't even so much as hold her hand or seek her touch. She had to admit that, even if he was a womanizer, he was at least a respectful one.

As they arrived at the sleigh, Willow stopped just behind him. "Just to the other side of the park, right?" She asked confirming their plan. Central park was massive, and even a ride to the other side of the park would be decent in length. She wasn't concerned with being in his presence, they had a long ride back to Camp to deal with as well, but the later it got, the later it would be when they got back to camp.

• Like 1

Killian turned to face Willow, his eyes meeting hers with sincerity. "Willow, I understand your concerns my lady...but let me worry about that. Only the Fates know my true destiny and if I am to miss a lady tonight as I spend time with you then it will be well worth it," he said, his voice filled with determination. He wanted to assure her that she was the one he had his eyes on, and no one else would distract him. He couldn't deny that he enjoyed the chase, but with Willow, it felt different. It felt like something worth pursuing. If she wanted to be friends in this moment then DAMN well he would be a great friend! He had talked to James who told him that a great friendship is an amazing basis to go into a relationship. Not that his friends with benefits was a great example but things worked out in the end with them right?

He gestured towards the sleigh and nodded. "Yes, just to the other side of the park. We'll have a nice, peaceful ride together," he confirmed, a spark of excitement in his eyes. He climbed onto the sleigh and extended a hand towards Willow, inviting her to join him. He hoped that this sleigh ride would provide them with an opportunity to connect on a deeper level, away from the distractions and pressures of their daily lives at camp.

Willow's cheeks flushed once more as Killian spoke. Every time he spoke to her, Willow could feel herself slowly succumbing to his charm. No matter how much she tried to resist it, he had a way of chipping away at her defenses and sneaking just a bit further in. Despite her best efforts to continue denying any chance that he might actually have feelings for her, Willow had forgotten to address the other half of that equation--her own feelings towards him. So while she still firmly believed that he wasn't serious with any of his flirting, and that he would tire of her the instant she gave in, Willow suddenly became very aware that despite her better judgment she suddenly wondered what it might be like if she would just give in.

Willow watched as Killian stepped up into the sleigh. She blushed slightly as he extended his hand before grabbing it and letting him help her up. His skin felt warm against hers in the cold of the winter. Willow could feel herself acutely aware of his presence now. "Th...Thank you." She said as soon as she had her feet, and pulled her hand free to put her belongings down. Willow set her guitar and portable amplifier down in the seat across from Killian before taking the seat next to him. As she sat back down, her fingers brushed against his on the seat once more, and she blushed, but didn't move her hand. We're friends. She reminded herself, as if that meant that she didn't need to move her hand.

Before long the sleigh took off and they were on their way through the park.

• Like 1

Killian's heart skipped a beat as Willow settled in beside him in the sleigh. He could feel the warmth of her presence next to him, and it was both comforting and exhilarating. As the sleigh glided through the park, Killian stole glances at Willow, captivated by her beauty and the way her hair danced in the winter breeze. His hand twitched with the urge to reach out and intertwine their fingers, but he resisted, reminding himself of their agreement to be friends for now. The air was filled with a sense of magic and tranquility as they rode through the park. Killian couldn't help but smile, feeling a connection forming between them, stronger than he had anticipated. He cleared his throat, breaking the silence. "So, Willow, what's your favorite thing about music? What draws you to it? other than being a child of apollo of course," he asked genuinely, wanting to delve deeper into her passions and get to know her on a more personal level. He could feel the christmas cheer as he they rode through the snow filled park. Part of him couldn't believed she actually said yes to taking a sleigh ride with him but it was so!

The winter winds whipped Willow's hair behind her. Her mind was fixated on the warmth of Killian's finger next to hers when she heard him ask a question. "Music? Oh, well... I suppose mostly I like that it helps people connect. If you're looking for a general answer. But on a more personal level, it helps me express myself in ways I'm not usually brave enough to when speaking." She said with a slight blush casting a rosy hue on her cheeks once more. Her eyes had lit up when talking about music. It was one of her greatest passions. "I don't know what it is about it, but I find myself better able to express how I really feel about something when I'm singing, or even just playing. The instrumental can be just as important as lyrics when conveying meaning in a song, don't you think?"

She could have continued for hours talking about music like that if the sleigh hadn't went over a slight bump in the trail. The bump was not big enough to really cause many issues, but just enough to bump Willow's hand up. When it came back down, it was now on top of Killian's. She didn't know what to do. If she pulled it away, he might take it the wrong way and think that she didn't was uncomfortable being close to him. But if she left it there she might give him the impression that she was open to being with him. And right now that just wasn't something she could bring herself to admit to herself, let alone to Killian. She sat there, frozen with indecision.

• Like 1

Killian listened intently to Willow's words, his heart warming as she spoke about her love for music. Her passion was evident in her voice and the way her eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. He nodded in agreement, feeling a sense of connection as she described how music allowed her to express herself in ways words couldn't. "I completely understand what you mean," he replied, his gaze locked on her. "Music has a way of touching the soul and conveying emotions that can be hard to put into words." As the sleigh hit a small bump in the trail, Killian felt Willow's hand shift, her fingers now resting on top of his. His heart raced, and he stole a quick glance at her. Her eyes were wide with surprise, and he could see the uncertainty in her expression. A rush of warmth spread through him at the accidental touch, and he couldn't help but smile softly. Taking a deep breath, he decided to keep his hand where it was, letting their fingers intertwine gently. The moment felt electric, and he hoped that she could feel the connection between them as strongly as he did.

The sleigh continued its journey through the snow-covered park, the sound of jingling bells and the soft swish of the runners creating a serene backdrop to the silent understanding that had settled between them. Killian's heart was a mix of excitement and nervousness, but he was determined to let things unfold naturally. He turned his attention back to Willow, his voice soft and sincere. "Willow, I'm really glad we're getting to know each other like this. It means a lot to me." He held her gaze, hoping that his words conveyed just how much he valued this moment and the connection they were building.

Pleased that they could find an appropriate topic of conversation, and one that she felt she could actually contribute to as well, Willow had nearly forgotten how close they were until that gods damned bump. Now she was acutely aware of their proximity again and found herself struggling to focus on anything but her hand on his. She tried to listen as he spoke, but that only made things even more intense. His gratitude for their time together made her worry that she had let things get too far again today. They were supposed to be friends, but she couldn't let him think that meant she would let herself become another notch on his bedpost.

Chewing softly on her lower lip, Willow nodded. "Yeah, it's nice when friends can spend more time together." She said, with a soft emphasis on the word 'friends' to hopefully set that boundary firm once more. Little did she know that no matter how much she tried to, the boundary was doomed to be ruined by fate. As those women like to weave their own handiwork into everything. "I really do enjoy spending time with you, Killian."

The sleigh slowly reached the other side of the park, and as it did, Willow finally found the strength to pull her hand off Killian's. "I guess this is our stop." She said sheepishly. Slowly she began to gather her bags and guitar, waiting to step out of the sleigh. As Killian stepped down onto the snow, he extended a hand up to her to help Willow down. Willow first handed him her guitar and bags, knowing that there was no safe way to get all three down at once. She blushed as he obliged. That was very gentlemanly. He didn't even complain. Willow lost herself in thought as she went to grab his hand to step out. Unfortunately some of the ice had melted under the heat and refrozen as the cool air hit. This caused a slick enough surface that Willow tripped slightly. As she did she managed to catch herself on Killian's shoulder, but not without bringing her face right in front of his. The warmth of his breath against her skin felt intoxicating.

Aphrodite or Eros must have been nearby, because the next thing Willow knew she found herself acting without thought and pressing her lips to his as she finished stepping down. His lips felt warm underneath hers and she could swear that she saw sparks fly as she kissed him. Willow lost herself in that moment for a few too many moments.

((OoC: GM permission given by DUDEITSBRITT for this post))

• Like 1

Part of Killian did not want this night to end. The simple ride through the park was one he enjoyed a lot as he had willow by his side. So when her voice to him that this was their stop he moved to get down first. Looking back up as he was helping her down but when it seemed she slipped he moved in such a way her arms were on his shoulders instead of his hand. As his pulse quickened as Killian was taken completely by surprise as Willow's lips met his. The world seemed to stand still for a brief, electrifying moment. Her kiss was warm, soft, and filled with an unexpected passion that left him breathless. His heart raced, and his mind struggled to catch up with what had just happened. As their lips parted, he found himself looking into her eyes, which were now filled with a mixture of surprise and desire.

With a gentle smile, he whispered, "Willow," his voice barely a breath, "I..." But words failed him, it was a moment filled with longing, desire, and the unspoken promise of something more. Killian couldn't help but touch his forehead to Willow's, his breath still ragged. "I've been wanting to do that for a long time," he admitted, his voice filled with sincerity and a touch of vulnerability. He knew they had crossed a line, but in that moment, it felt like the most natural thing in the world. But then moving he set her down, moving to get her things and put on the ground beside her. "I ummmm guess we should get back to camp....right?"

GM was granted for this rp

The kiss was intoxicating. She had lost herself completely in it until Killian separated them. That was when it sank in what had really just occurred. Willow's eyes grew wide in panic as the realization dawned on her that not only had they kissed, but she had initiated it. She had crossed every boundary she had been trying to build that day. In a moment of weakness she had torn down the efforts of that day. Her hand went up to her lip and she could feel her heart racing. What have I done?

Willow quickly grabbed her belongings from Killian and ran. She didn't bother explaining herself. She didn't bother thanking him for the ride or the help. She panicked and darted as quickly towards camp as she could. Leaving him there in shock as she abandoned him completely. Reaching the edge of the park she hailed the Grey Sister's cab, not caring how much it would cost her, and fled quickly back to camp and the safety of her cabin walls where she could collapse, cry, and process what on earth had just occurred.

How could I be so stupid?

~~~~~ End RP ~~~~~
  • Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use