bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

You Reap What You Woe.

Elijah Quinn

Nothing particularly special today, except for the fact that he had been so busy with camp activities that he had barely had time to fly in the past couple of weeks. Elijah was busy preparing for the archery tournament along with other obligations that he had to tend to. He would always spare some time for Akemi whenever she could catch him; however, she had to wait until later in the evenings when he was finished with everything for the day. But sometimes, there are days where he would not see her at all. It was today he had planned to himself, starting with a stroll to the stables. He slept in at a slightly later time than usual before grabbing breakfast which consisted of avocado toast and an omelet with a side of fresh fruit. His goblet was filled with orange juice but he was occupied by some friends for a chat before he could finally proceed with his day.

The sun shone brightly, bathing everything in a pleasant golden glow as he took in the sights around him. The woods and the lake were calm and peaceful, with their inhabitants taking a morning nap as they basked under the sun's warm rays. The birds chirped merrily in the distance while the wind rustled through the leaves of the trees. Nature is a beautiful thing and so are pegasi. Elijah sighed contently as he arrived at the stables just in time for the pegasi riding class he had signed up just a week before. He was greeted by a dapper child of Iris who gave him last minute instructions before he could enter the fly field.

"Alright everyone! Let's begin!"

Everyone gathered in front of the pegasi, who were already saddled up and waiting patiently for their riders. This lesson is a freeform so they were given tips and reminders on how to work with their winged equestrians and not fall to the ground in addition to the exercises to give them a feel. A minute after they mounted, everyone was soaring. After some time, Elijah landed on the ground and petted his class partner. He hesitantly guided it back to its place in the stables and a yearning smile was given until he parted. @ Akemi Lancaster

• Like 1

The intrepid child of Hecate had been left to her own devices in the lack of Elijah's presence. She had been...more into her malicious activities lately. Akemi recounted what she had gathered thus far, mentally filing new gossip and information on certain campers, from incidents with mortals...Her hands were never clean, not just with blood, but with strife and discord throughout. She couldn't help but recall the look on people's faces as she betrayed them. The sting, the cold blooded nature...it thrilled her.

And now to bother her new victim. Or so she told herself, fighting that burning feeling she felt for him. His smile still sent her heart into a thousand spectral flutters, and she couldn't get rid of it, kill it, no matter what she did. She was bracing for a painful betrayal.

"Hey there, sunshine," she said, leaning against the stable as he approached, her hair done up in a simple ponytail, as opposed to the bangs covering her face, "You miss me?

• Like 1

The child of Apollo was about to leave the stables until he saw a familiar face, leaning herself against the wall. She looked cute in a pony tail. "Hey you." He gave her a soft smile as he approached her in a hug, firmly embracing her with his arms wrapped around her person. His head was resting on her shoulder for a brief moment, eyes shut until he parted. He hasn't seen her in a while so a hug is warranted and much appreciated, whether or not she liked it. "I do, yes." He answered sincerely but narrowed his eyes into a pair of slits out of amused suspicion. "It doesn't look like you miss me though." It was a half-joke but some part of him wanted reciprocation but he could not bring himself to expect such from a ghost.

"Been busy this week, but today is my day off. If you don't have plans, we should do something." He was calling for some action, a hand moved to interlace her fingers in an affectionate squeeze. 

• Like 1

She was surprised by his embrace, and his touch only made her feel a bit more guilty. "Hm?" she said, surprised as she looked at him, kind of dazed from his sudden touch. "Ah, calm yourself, I missed you plenty!" she said, ruffling his curls with her hands. Truth be told, she was a little sad to see him, because what she had planned today could define the rest of their budding relationship. She laughed at his suspicion, finding it amusing.

"Don't squint your eyes, you're hiding how pretty they are," she whispered, squeezing his hand in return, but smiling at the prospect of hanging out with him. "Oh? Have I finally caught a bit of sunlight for myself?" tilting her head, she rocked to her tippy toes to stare at his face. "What do you have in mind, sunshine?"

• Like 1

It's unlikely that Akemi could find herself outside of the forest just to see someone, but if anything, he was glad one of those people was him. Even though he found pleasure in finding her in her natural habitat, he thought it was more fun to see her towards the locale of camp grounds. Of course the young man missed her, evident in his smile and firm, yet affectionate embrace then their hands finding each other once again. "So I was thinking that we go on our first date? Like official." He smiled sheepishly. "I know I haven't said anything to imply this or drop hints, but it's usually the spontaneity factor that winds up giving the outing... memorable, I'd say. I hope I didn't scare you." Elijah, at the moment, was more concerned for her answer, knowing that she isn't used to this kind of offer without prior notice. He drew his confidence in how far they got along in their relationship -- item, but not an item.

Adding to that, he decided to give her another surprise -- a chaste kiss to her lips as she was staring at his face. It wasn't brief, but nevertheless had that endearment feeling. "Convincing enough?"

• Like 1

She gave an amused hum after their lips pulled apart, her mind fuzzy and warm from that kiss, getting back on her feet. "Well, well, a date? Where to?" her hand traveled to the ends of her ponytail, bringing it forward to twirl a little lock. She was fascinated by his proposal, and in turn, it offered her an opportunity. "You know what I like, the more devoid of people, the better." she was getting a little better, leaving the woods more, but she saw no incentive to stay out long, so she always ended up cringing at the feel of sunlight and retreated back into the darkness.

"There's the golden retriever like behavior I missed," she teased as she let the silence befall among both of them for a moment, "I'll still go with you, whatever you suggest. But if you make me socialize and frolic like a butterfly," she jabbed a finger into his sternum, "I'm not going, and I will be rather cross with you, are we clear, sunshine?"

Relieved that his proposal received a favorable response, he had already thought of a place to spend their romantic moments at. Well, he was more like mulling about it since they did not have time to meet up like this. The place he had in mind wouldn't have much people at this time and the space they're in could fit in just two people. Elijah needed to compose himself after such a kiss, simply because each one brings him a joy. Even though he's probably the only sunshine she could tolerate, his idea for their date might have to stretch that... "So I was thinking we could ride on the canoe in the lake. It can be however long we want, but I wanted to have a chat. I will bring food to keep us busy."

"You know I won't make you socialize. It's not you." He drew a happy sigh when he lifted her finger off his sternum. "I wouldn't make you do things you don't want to do. I will ask for your permission first, so... relax, okay?" A radiant smile he had grew sincere, genuinely taking the time to really ease himself into her personal bubble. He knew that the two of them dwell in different worlds despite being in the same camp, but a very big part of him wanted to make it work. He wasn't too sure on her side, but he was hoping this isn't unrequited.

• Like 1

Akemi's head was spinning after that kiss entirely. Was it right? To lead him on like this? To be so secretive once more? For once, her shadows weren't at her side. They had their loyalty, but they didn't approve of her actions at the moment. Her judgement was clouded, and she was most certainly slightly afraid of what she would do. All she knew, is that she had taken this relationship too far for herself. But as much as he was accommodating her, meeting halfway from light and dark, she had gotten all she could from him. Learned who he was. Maybe that was enough for her head, but she could hear her heart screaming to not let this relationship go to waste. But with a growing headache, she decided to get rid of him the only way she could; betrayal.

"As long as it's shady, I think that's fine." she said softly, taking his hand and bringing it to her face for him to hold gently. She presented that softness as shyness, almost. But she could feel the guilt already racking up in herself. She was a watcher, of course that was known to her. But that meant, trying to justify it to herself, she wasn't supposed to have friendships. Relationships. Take what she wanted and should leave. "Alright, alright," she said, lifting her hands in surrender to his reassurance. "If you're not lying to me, then please, lead the way."

• Like 1

What Elijah had planned in mind was just a little getaway in the lake with just the two of them in the canoe.

Even if she didn't like socializing, there wouldn't be much people at this time to even talk to. It would be just him. And an umbrella to keep her protected from the sun's rays.  The young man was softly smiling as she softly held his palm against her cheek, thumb brushing soft circles on her skin as he continued to set an affectionate gaze. He set himself up in his own spell without her doing, but he was still aware of this - he liked seeing her soft side. Elijah wanted to kiss her again, but the neigh from the pegasus he rode earlier broke him out of his impromptu dream. He shook his head. "Right, um. We should get moving." Flustered, he grabbed her hand and led them out of the stables and let go once they were far enough, if she wanted to.

"No need to get changed since everything is ready. We just have to talk to the lakeshore together," he paused, "So how have you been? What have you been up to lately?"

• Like 1

And off they went. Akemi was caught slightly off-guard by this, but a smile fought a way to her lips from his assertiveness. He was cute while he was flustered like that, she couldn't deny. But she mentally kicked herself from showing such weakness. How could she be so forgetful about her intentions? She had a mission in mind. And she couldn't back out from that now. Over and over, she reminded herself; 

It's for the best, Akemi. Pull yourself together.

The internal conflict was masked by the usual calm expression she wore, pulled out of her stupor by his question. "Why, me? The same as per usual. You know me, being a wallflower. Lately, things seem to be... shifting. Slightly. Perhaps the sunlight is trying to pull me into its grasp, put me out there. Actually make friends, can you believe that?" she rolled her eyes, but she shifted the grip he had on her hand to hold his. "Perhaps I welcome the change. We'll- I'll see." Quickly correcting herself as she walked with him. 

Her head and heart were at such odds. Should she stay or should she go? Submit to emotion, fall victim to connection? 

Feelings were confusing. Hence why she rejected them oh-so-often. 

For once, Elijah was mad at an animal for ruining their moment but they were right at the time. It was okay to get lost, but not for too long-- he made a mental note to himself as the pair continued to stroll on the path to the lake. It's a bit far from where the pegasus stables was but he figured the trip was just part of their little spontaneous date, aware that she didn't like being out in the sun for too long and that she'd wanted to avoid eyes. He intended on using this opportunity to ask her where he stands... when they haven't said the important three words yet.

Hearing some of the development she went through has been a bit of a cathartic experience. Akemi had always sticked to the shadows and now she had met more people. Elijah was satisfied that she found more to mingle with and not some tools she can use for her own gain. Of course, how could he not be aware of that. He sensed something as off at times when he was with her, but he brushed it away - believing that she could be a better person. No. He didn't want to believe it. Elijah gave a soft squeeze to her hand. "That's good. At least you found other people to talk to other than me."

He couldn't help but smirk a bit at his comment. "Even flowers need sunlight once in a while.

The umbrakinetic was scheming, most definitely. Perhaps against her better judgement, but as they strolled along, every step felt heavy, and her heart weighed down more so. "Well, I am no exception to that claim, so it seems... I do not know if I'll be talking to them, however. I shall make that clear." she kept dragging him along, feeling the soft squeeze, but smiled as she felt it. "Hm. Well... sunlight is still undesirable, but you are the only one I make room for.

She mentally cursed herself once more with those words. Akemi didn't mean to sound so... attached. "Apologies," she muttered, slowing down a bit. "I did not mean to make you uncomfortable with such phrases. I just-- you know I say what comes to mind, and that is no void of the truth." glancing up at him, but her head whipped to the side when she heard a rustle, letting go of his hand and going on high alert, surprised. "I'm sure you heard that." she said in low tones, "Occultare.

A concealment spell was cast, but it was merely cast on her. "There. A concealment spell-- we should be quite safe." Perfect opportunity. Whatever her heart screamed now, she ignored. 

She didn't want to kill him. The magician wanted him off her tail. To make him stop being so close, but the way the shadows stirred uneasily made her feel a tinge of regret. Yet she shook it off, if he were to truly die, she'd save him and reform her plan.

But somehow, hopefully this would be enough to let him go.

"Wow. You know how to make a guy swoon."

And she really did. When she wielded her words like so, his heart skipped a beat as easy as producing a tone from his guitar. When was the last time this happened? He couldn't bother remembering because they're walking to the lakeshore together, their hands intertwined. He is the happiest child of Apollo, no- guy right now. Why bother humbling himself?

It was okay for her to apologize. He was already aware that this was new to her, but it was also new to him too. It seemed like he could handle himself better out of the two, but it really was his penchant for playing it off cool. He liked to be the "cool" guy to the new campers even though there are cooler guys out there. Though just as he was about to respond, he heard a subtle noise from aside but he didn't bother - then he heard her mutter and now they're concealed from everything else. "What? That could have been an animal spirit. You scared someone might see us or something?" With that, he was wondering if she was afraid of seeing herself with a guy. Holding hands.

"I'm not accusing you, but I think it's perfectly fine we're together. It's not like someone is going to spread rumors. And even if they did, I'd be okay with it." He shrugged before he gave her a genuine smile. "And knowing you, you'd probably take revenge on that person. Probably turning them into a pig or something." Elijah wasn't aware, but he knew the Hecate cabin well enough to know they could do something like that.

"And no, I will not shoot them in the butt.

"Perhaps I'm a bit too... on edge." she huffed. Her suspicions always ran high, especially when she was this close to someone. She took down the spell with a simple incantation, rubbing her arms, which were covered by her jacket. "I guess it's not a big deal... perhaps it is that instinct, yes." she sighed. "...Worries by association, that's all." She had never really been in an 'in' sort of crowd, and rumors spread like wildfire. Didn't do much to help her reputation then, so why would it now? The past was something to cling to, an experience to her. Yet nonetheless, she couldn't help but chuckle when she heard Elijah's comment about her turning them into a pig.

"Well... not exactly, dear sunshine. My my, you overestimate my abilities- I could very well try, but I doubt my transfiguration strength is that strong." she took his hand once more, running her thumb over it. "I am not a charmer, I am a magician. And my words can be magical," she looked up to wink slightly, before turning slightly red and looking away. "Sorry- was that cringey? I... I'm not used to this, as I previously mentioned. I try my best, anyway." Going soft again, it was too late to turn back. So she decided to enjoy this moment for now.

For how long it shall last. Just one more minute.

Elijah understood well enough that she was not used to being in the spotlight. Akemi didn't like attention which is why he found her in depths of the forest in the first place. Where as him, an Apollo camper, was pretty much used to it. His music had gathered people, but he wasn't camp wide popular. Perhaps only his circle of friends stuck around for him while others just liked his tunes. And he was fine with that. It was simply his way to express his thoughts, feelings, and emotions, much like writing in a journal - except it is more like composing a song. Elijah had planned on singing a song he made for her today but he wanted it to be a surprise. It was his way of telling him the three words which he had been meaning to say. He wasn't sure if he was ready but her wink made it seem harder to do it.

"Someone didn't tell me they have charmspeak." He smirked at the playful banter. It was the only words he would say when he became a target to her polished words. He happily drew a sigh as he continued listening to her. The tones in her voice was like music to his ears and that held significance to an Apollo child. Giving her hand another soft squeeze, he set an affectionate gaze to her. "It's okay. I'm trying my best too. And this date is one way of expression. It's not fancy, but at least it is not all hearts and chocolates like the Aphrodite Cabin."

"Instead, it's just going to be us in canoeing in the lake. Slow and peaceful, just the way you like it. Except for the sunlight though."

Important Information

Terms of Use