bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Trouble, For What It's Worth

Dawn De La Vega

"Perfect...heh, they'll never see it coming!" The Demeter child was busy scurrying around the kitchen, her hair coated in light white powder as she raced to frost the cake, or more of a culinary concoction of disaster. Dawn had baked, well, what could be considered a cake, but the ingredients were all inversed so much it looked fine, but tasted terrible. Hopefully her mother wouldn't come and punish her for this terrible mess...Consisting of two layers, she had mixed flour, water laced with vinegar, a quail egg, salt instead of sugar, corn starch, baking powder for some decent normalcy...chili powder in the icing to make it have a cute little color...but it tasted terrible...OOH was she excited for this one!

She hummed cheerfully, almost a little too innocently as she sprinkled the cake in thyme. It had a cute little sponge cake appearance, frosted in red icing and with those little green flecks, it could present as mint. It was a harmless enough prank, but she wanted to see if her siblings would either get angry or share that humor. As she heard one of her siblings approach the kitchen, she quickly dusted her hands and placed her elbows on the counter, blinking innocently.

"Hello there~!" she said cheerfully, so obviously acting suspicious that it seemed purposeful on her end, "Nice to see you around! You hungry?"

@ Dahlia Wakabayashi

• Like 1

Dahlia was sitting in her bed, sitting a song to herself as she read through her manga. It was the latest volume which she was all to excited for! Bobbing her head while she read the next chapter she giggled from the adorable couple that Hori and Miramaya was!!!! The awkwardness of their relationship was so real to her....not that SHE HAD ANY BOYFRIEND OHHH NOOOO!!! But she would hope they would be as genuine as the two of them. But when some sounds came from the kitchen she got up as she tilted her head. Following it to the kitchen she noticed that well it was Dawn who was doing some cooking! "Ohhhhh Dawn what do you have????" She looked down at the cake in front of her. It was as if her eyes got so BIG "It is super prettty Dawn and sure I am a little bit hungry." 

It was a little weird the way her sister was acting but nonetheless she would try the treat in front of her. Dahlia had this mentality that no matter how crazy or bad her siblings were that she would love them. 

• Like 1

Dawn gave a mischievous little giggle, stifled behind a hand as she sliced a piece of cake for her sibling. "I made it myself! Trying out some new recipes. I hope you have no allergies?" she raised an eyebrow, her hands traveling to her hips as she tilted her head, excitedly waiting for feedback. She had an innocent expression on her face, as if she genuinely attempted to bake a cake for her siblings to share! But knowing the intrepid little troublemaker, she mixed more gross combinations and concoctions as opposed to genuinely making good treats. Not that she couldn't, thank the gods. But she always had tricks up her sleeve.

"Let me know how it tastes! Oooh, if more people like it," she clapped her hands together and held a finger up to make a point, "I might just bake more! So go on, try it, pretty pleaaaase?" and there she went. Making puppy begging eyes as she moved, resting her elbows on the countertop and her chin in her palms, sticking out her bottom lip in exaggerated sadness.

• Haha 1

Dahlia was one to always encourage her siblings but also have a bit of fun herself.  With an idea in her head she approached to see the cake her sister had made. It was known that most Demeter kids had a way with cooking as they were attuned with the things that grew! So as she looked at it, she smiled as the thought of having cake was pretty AMAZINGGGGG!!!! But with it being Dawn who cooked it, who knew if this was going to be good or not. "Ohhh none that I know of" her smile was beaming on her face as if she was a proud parent of Dawn's....but she was her half sister!

Looking over to the drawer, Dahlia opened it pulling out a fork so she could get a bite. Taking the slice of cake she looked at it. The slice looked amazing but here she goes. Taking a bite of it, the flavors of all sorts of things that should not be together were together in one bite. Giggling she closed her eyes as she looked back at Dawn "You did a great job but one thing" she paused as she looked at dawn with a worried look. Setting down her slice her hands went to her neck. Coughing she sounded worse and worse as if she couldn't breathe. Falling to her knees she then laid on the floor looking dead........ Then popping up she giggled "TRICKED YAAAAAAAAA" she giggled as Dahlia could not help herself with that bit of fun after what her sister had her eat. "That was terrible though!!!" 

• Like 1

Dawn literally leaped when she saw Dahlia fall over, panicking as she got to her knees to check on her. "DID YOU DIE?" she said way too loudly, shaking her sister by the shoulders. "NO! DON'T BE DEAD, I CAN'T BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS!" she looked around for a way to revive her sibling. Ohhhh jeez, this would not look good with her other siblings; she already had a rather offset reputation to begin with. But as soon as Dahlia arose from the dead, the troublemaker nearly passed out.

"Well, I know that was terrible, but I thought I- poisoned you or something!" she said, her eyebrows furrowing in worry. "But nonetheless, since you're alive- how was it? How would you rate that treat?" she snickered as she got to her feet, feeling slightly unsure if Dahlia was actually okay, but still was asking nonetheless. She was always looking for tips for improving, quote unquote! But she could definitely use some empathy in that little head of hers, considering what she had just put her sibling through...

• Like 1

It was the performance of the year, she could feel it in her bones!!!! From all the K-dramas she watched growing up prepared her for this moment of acting. Dahlia wanted to make sure she could trick her sister in a good way as she loved her! She knew Dawn had a good sense of Humor after all!!!! So as she fell to the floor she could hear the panic in her sister's voice but she wouldn't keep her hanging for too long. Then she really would be worried!!!!! "Ohhhhhh my your face" she giggled as she got up from the ground. "Well that could be called poison from just how bad it was." she giggled again as she covered her mouth. 

Putting her finger to her lip she thought about it...I mean it was cake but pretty AWEFUL cake!!!! One that she hoped no one else would eat but she knew Dawn would most likely give it out as she did to her! "I saw 2 out of 10, as it is cake but AWEFUL. Who did you make that for? Your worst enemy?" Wondering as Dawn did have friends but was a child on the wild side! If she didn't know better, she would think she was a Hermes child or even Dionysus!!!! Bending to look at the slice once more she began to think of the flavors she tasted " Did the cake have vinegar???? Oh and Chili powder tooo right?

• Like 1

"Check, check, and check!" the Demeter child giggled, twiddling her thumbs excitedly. "Well, of course, I could only use the best for you and our siblings!" she noted on Dahlia's score and wrote down on her hand, "Note...to...self...need...more...variety and flavor...thanks, sis! Your feedback is appreciated!" she said teasingly, tapping the pen on Dahlia's nose like an affectionate boop. She had fun messing with her sibling, but nonetheless wanted to make sure she was okay. Despite her wild and untamed personality, she was fond of Dahlia, and always enjoyed interacting with her when the opportunity arose.

"What have you been up to, my dear sister?" Dawn asked innocently, cleaning up some the cake for people to fall victim to once more. "I mean, I'm sure the cake smells delicious, but there must have been something you were doing before I had intruded upon your peace, hm? So go on, tell me all about it! I'm always all ears."

Dahlia could not help but giggle at Dawn. It was nice having an older half sister who was always one to keep her on her toes in a good way. She made the cabin feel alive in the fact that she was so unique. If she was sad then she would want to find Dawn as she made her feel cheered up! "Ohhhhhhh goodness DAWNNNNNNN" she said laughing at the fact she wanted to use more variety. "I mean you could make it taste good with the variety" knowing this most likely would not happen. But at least she could try!!!! Dahlia was one who loved to cook with a bunch of flavors. Bringing in flavors from all over the world!

"Well been trying to work on my archery as monsters keep showing up to my da's farm" she said with a smirk "I challeneged an apollo kid which did not go over well as they are WAYYY TO GOOD! Ohhhhh and I made Ramen with Gael, he is spooky but is really nice......maybe you two would have a date"  putting her hands on her face and waving back and forth the idea made her want to squeal!!!!!! Ohhhh he was spooky but handsome and she was crazy yet beautiful. PERFECT MATCH RIGHTTTTTT!!!! "I mean he is single and well he could handle your craziness!!!!! Well that is if you are into boys...maybe girls." She was looking at her fingers as she was trying to count the people she might want to match with her sister. 

• Like 1

"Ramen?!" she gasped excitedly in surprise, clapping her hands together, "Ooh, you have to make me some sometime! That sounds godly, pun intended, hehe." she sighed dreamily, thinking of the steamy, soupy, noodley bowl of luscious broth and- she was melting at the prospect- literally. She slid down a chair and onto a floor, collapsing on the floor. But at the prospect of dating, she sat up, curious. "I mean, girls and boys are both fine with me, but a date?" she cocked her head to the side. "Surely if he could handle me, I doubt it, silly. But I would be open to that prospect..." she trailed off, twiddling with her fingers.

Dawn wasn't the romantic type, she just liked running around the camp, bouncy and silly as always, rarely making friends, even more rarely developing crushes. "If I ever come across him, I'll be sure to mention you, alright? Well- you gotta point him out to me sometime, alright? I always need a new victim- I mean, friend!" she snickered, entertained by the idea.

• Like 1

If it was one thing she loved to make it was Ramen. It was a staple in her life plus you can dress it up like a pretty doll with all sorts of things like eggs, ohhh or a pork belly.....YUMMMMM!!!! Thinking back to when she had ramen with Gael made her feel really hungry again. "Oh I would love that.....I am actually feeling a bit hungry now for some" she giggled as she covered her mouth with her hand. That was when she got the idea of Gael and Dawn together. Shocked to hear that she was down for either boys or girls...that opened more options. "Ohhhh well that is good to know......OH MY GOSH I can see you with a cute girl or even one of those goth ones....EPPPPP SO CUTE" she was was waving back and forth as the cuteness was just so much. "Well you never know until you try right?" She gave her sister a wink with a smirk of extreme happiness. 

Laughing after her next sister's statement it was so much like Dawn. This was one of the many reasons she loved her so much. Dawn was one to keep you on your toes for sure. The two of them have always had a good time whether that was a prank or even just laughing about Dawns stunts around the camp. "Oh I will, he is really a nice guy...just misunderstood because of his father causing fear and all that." Dahlia had never been one at the end of one of his fear things....wondering what her fear would be was interesting to her. "Dawn what is your fears?" she asked still thinking about her own. "I mean we could just ask Gael and find out easily enough!" 

• Like 1

Dawn could feel herself getting all bouncy again, talking to Dahlia. "Hehe, well honestly?" she stopped, thinking about her fears and she tapped her chin, genuinely lost in thought. "Fears? Wellll if you ever try to put me into- you know- a confined little circle or space, put me in normal clothes, made me be just an average girl," she shuddered at the thought. "Ew. It's terrible for me...gods, I've had nightmares over it even!" she shook her head, trying to rid of that feeling. "But anyway- uh, being choked. I hate it. It's DIGUSTING!"

She just regained her composure after a brief freak out. "Well, don't take it from me. You could ask Gael and find out the rest, maybe that'll give you some ideas for me to meet him!" Dawn kept glossing over the fact that Dahlia wanted to set them up. Truth be told, she was scared of Gael a bit. What if he did his creepy magic and made her fears come true? Not to mention the fact that he could use it to retaliate against her. What would happen then?? Would she get hurt? Would she have to fight him?

He seemed strong, so she knocked out that last option. But curiosity got the best of her sometimes, and that time was now. She now really wanted to meet him.

• Like 1

Dahlia loved being with her siblings as they were all so different but wonderful in the same sense. Take Dawn for instance...she was a bit on the wild side but you could find anyone else as loyal or who had your back as she did!!! Listening to her now, Dahlia was smiling so big as she just loved Dawn as a whole. She could be mischievous or even silly.....she was so happy to have her as a sister. "I am not sure anyone could ever do that to you.....you found rebel in someway I just know it" she giggled as this played out in her head. Some in this world just wanted to fit in but not Dawn she was one that would always stand out being that shining crazy star she was!!!!!

Nodding she knew this was true, Gael was pretty good about not letting his abilities affect the ones around him unless he wanted it too. So maybe they would take a little walk down to see him and find one. Pointing to the rest of the cake she raised an eyebrow "What are you planning on doing with the rest of it? .....Leave it here and the see who eats it?" she asked curiously. The day was a young one so there was so much to do, what was Dawns plans? Maybe they would hang out or even have more laughs of their own. 

• Like 1

"I guess you're right!" she said cheerfully, puffing out a cheek and pursing her lips together. Dawn took a liking to Dahlia, she was a sort of calmness, a fresh sprout of spring, as opposed to Dawn's crazy, sunshine self. "Mmmm... well, you're right. But a lot of the other camp members are powerful, and- Ahhh, just what if, you know?" she did a dramatic little twirl before clutching the fabric of her outfit over her heart. Dramatic as always, she always seemed to overreact to things. It was more comical than anything, she didn't really mean to act like that genuinely.

"Hmmm, the concoction of deliciousness?" she did little jazz hands to accompany her words, "Well, yeah I do. Who knows...maybe another will fall...VICTIM TO IT!" she jumped a little, hands outstretched in a sort of 'boo' pose to scare her sibling a little, her eyes widened slightly. "Oooo- I'm just messing with you. Why do you ask? Do you want another bite, hmmm?"

• Like 1

Dahlia always admired her sister, she was carefree and a wild spirit. One of those that could not be held down by some boy or even a job. Watching her sister even clutch at her heart as if she was in the movie Gone With the Wind. A giggle came out of her as she watched her sister be herself! That was when it hit her that she had never told her how much she meant to her.  "You know, Dawn, you inspire me in more ways than one. You have this amazing ability to be carefree and enjoy life to the fullest, no matter what's going on around you. I wish I could be more like that." This was the truth and she wanted her sister to know it. Dawn brought so much joy into her life.

Dahlia shrugged and took another look at the concoction. "What can I say? Food is one of the great pleasures of life." She grinned at her sister. "But you know what's even better than food?" Dahlia did not wait too long as she kept giggling "Sharing it with the people you love, even if it is gross" Dahlia said laughing more as she was not holding her stomach, "Promise that you will tell me if someone else fall victim to it?" Maybe part of Dahlia wanted in on the prank to live a little more carefree.

Important Information

Terms of Use