bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Can I Return This Gift?

Helena L'Amour

Helena woke that morning completely sick to her stomach. She had been nauseated every morning this week. It usually cleared up by midday, but she was getting absolutely sick and tired of feeling like hell for the first half of the day. Today seemed to be extra bad, though, as she actually ended up vomiting for the first time. Just what I wanted for my birthday...

Lena lay next to the toilet, head resting on the seat, exhausted after emptying her stomach of its limited contents for the last 10 minutes. She knew her siblings could probably hear her, and hoped they would call an Apollo camper to come check her out. Or, if not finding someone to heal her, at least bring her boyfriend to comfort her. Helena felt awful because she had barely gotten a chance to spend any quality time with Mateo this week because of her stomach. They were supposed to meet up later today to celebrate her birthday, but now she wondered whether that would even happen.

She could hear the knock on her door, and someone complaining on the other side that she had been in there for a while. "I'm sick..." She said and began to wretch again.

@ Evelyn Scott

• Like 1

Evie had a rough night before as she had never felt so lonely in her life. It was strange running into Samantha as she was falling apart, what she must think of her now....well that would be for her to deal with later. Waking up to the sounds of what sounded like someone being sick. Made her sit up feeling a bit out of it as she got out of bed. Rubbing her eyes to help her wake up to help whoever it is. Being one of the older campers in the cabin meant she acted like a mom from time to time which she didn't mind doing as she loved her half siblings. 

Getting to the door she saw another sibling there knocking and complaining "Can't you hear she is sick......go to the big house" she said barking at them as she gave a deadly look. Then calling through the door she thought it was Helena "Hey Sweetie do you want me to get you something?" Whoever it was they were not having a good morning at all. 

The wretching continued for a few minutes while Lena leaned over the toilet. Once it finally stopped she leaned herself up against the cool surface of the shower door. Tears streamed down her face, not from sorrow, but from the pressure of her repeated wretching. "I'll be fine... I... I think..." she gasped out, catching her breath. It seemed to be calming down once more.

When she finally found the strength, she stood up, unlocked the door, and grabbed a cool washcloth to dab against her face. Patting her forehead, the cool water felt amazing against her skin. Helena chewed softly on her lip. "I don't know what's wrong with me, Evie. I've been sick all week. It goes away pretty quickly, but every morning when I wake up I just feel awful." Helena had been trying to figure it out all week. She hadn't eaten anything new nor had she eaten anything different from everyone else. She hadn't been around anyone that was sick, or gone anywhere outside the camp. The only thing that had been off was that she had missed her period 2 weeks ago, but she chalked it up to the stressful situation a month ago throwing things off, and figured it would start any day now. "I think Aunt Flow is probably just extra angry this month because she's late... very late."

It didn't occur to Helena that she might be late for an entirely different reason. The thought never entered her mind that the one time her and Mateo hadn't taken every precaution had been just enough to accomplish something entirely different. She was, as far as Mateo was concerned, a bit blind at times, especially towards things that could challenge or test things between them. This was no exception. Unless it was pointed out that she might have another option, given her current symptoms, Helena would likely remain ignorant of the possibility until she could no longer ignore it.

• Like 1

Evelyn was happy it was not her in the bathroom as it sounded like whichever sister was in there was miserable. Maybe they had a late night out drinking or even caught a nasty bug that might be going around....or....but nooooooo it can't be, or could it? Evelyn waited until the sound of wretching stopped. Hearing the voice of Helena her younger sister calling back to her that she indeed was okay. "Well let me know if you need something okay" she said wishing she could help in some way.

But her mind began to wonder if maybe Helena was.....but her and Mateo have been careful in the past but it could happen. She had seen in many of times in the past when you are having a bit too much fun and then there it goes. "You said every morning?" she asked feeling more and more like it had to be....she was just about to ask when her last period had been. Just to make sure she wasn't just having a bad hormonal PMS week. Which had happened to Evie in the past making her panic. It wasn't until the one line of the test made her feel as if she could breathe again. 

"Ohhhhhh that isn't good Helena" she said now super worried. Was this going to change everything for the Aphrodite Cabin???? "You wait right here" she said as she rushed off to her bedroom to go to her secret stash of pregnancy test. You could never be too careful in her opinion. Coming back to the bathroom as she held out the test for her. "You might can to take this just in case....well.....I don't need to explain this do I?" she looked pained in the thought of having the birds and the bees talk with her 17 year old sister. 

Helena continued to hold the washcloth against her forehead. "Yeah. As soon as I wake up. I'm nauseated for a few hours, and then it goes away." She shrugged like it didn't bother her. Helena was convinced that she didn't have much to worry about. Her periods tended to be cruel when they were late. This one seemed to be no different.

"Evie, I'll be okay..." She said when her sister said it wasn't good and then walked out with a direction to stay put. Helena raised an eyebrow, but she stayed. It wasn't until she came back with a pregnancy test in hand that Helena's eyes widened. "Evie... you're joking. You can't be serious." But somewhere in the back of her mind, it clicked. It made sense. And she knew her sister wasn't crazy for thinking it would be a good idea to check just in case. "I... no... you... you don't need to explain it..."

Panic began to set in. Helena closed the door, and paced back and forth for a moment. I'm not... I can't... I... But she thought back on things with Mateo. They hadn't been as careful lately, since they had started dating. Mateo hadn't always used a condom, or pulled out. Stupid, stupid girl! Lena chided herself for not forcing him to wrap his appendage before sleeping with her.

After a few minutes she took the test. The time it took for the test to finish was excruciating for her. She counted the seconds down. But when it was finally over, she couldn't bring herself to look at it. Opening the door, Helena called out "Evie... look for me. I can't." She bit her lip and pointed to the counter where the test lay, ready to be read.

• Like 1

Evelyn listened to her half sister intently as she described the nausea to her. I mean other things could cause this right???? Evelyn was in no way a doctor or anything but she had heard of PMS also causing this or Pollen yesssss pollen too. But it wasn't spring time anyways......Drats this was not good. Not good at all and she had a bad feeling about it. Helena seemed to be all too calm about this but Evie had a dreading feeling.

The look on her face was one of total seriousiness, even if she might have tried to play this as a prank in the past. Those jokes were not here today. "I am not joking......do you see this face Lena." She pointed to her face to get her to realize when something clicked in her sisters head. It was as if a light bulb went off that she could see. Taking a big breath this was the part where she had to be comforting when big emotions came up for Lena. "Good, cause I am not ready to have that talk.....I feel I would be worst at it in the cabin" she nervously laughed hoping to lighten the mood. 

Evie saw her close the door as she began to pace in the hallway. Trying to control her own breathing as this was a pretty big thing for their cabin. I mean...yes teens get pregnant all the time but no one had in this cabin in a while. Evie had walked down the hall when the door opened. She knew it would be a few minutes before the test was done so she walked to her. First giving her a hug "Whatever happens, we are in this together okay" she said to her before walking into the room.  Taking slow strides she looked as she could see the first line which meant the test worked properly which was always good. At first she didn't see anything but within seconds the second pink line showed up. Covering her mouth she turned around "It's positive" she said looking at her sister. Waiting to see what would happen next. 

The minutes while they waited for the test results were agonizing. Helena leaned into her sister's hug. "Thanks Evie..." Her words were genuine, but the fear had a hold of her. She truly appreciated her sister's support, but couldn't muster the strength to portray it in her voice. She was overwhelmed by anxiety. She had only just gotten Mateo to commit to being with her. If she was pregnant that could scare him away all over again. As Evie walked over to the test, each step seemed to take an eternity. Helena could feel her heart pounding in her chest. Her blood rushed in her ears. Lena tried to keep breathing, but it was difficult.

The words hit her like a freight train. Lena stopped breathing and her eyes went wide. It couldn't have been more than a few seconds, but it took her real effort to force herself to breathe again. Suddenly her breathing went the complete opposite direction and was hyperventilating as the panic set in. "No. No. I... I can't be. We... we just..." The rapid gasping for air, caused her to get dizzy and she sank to the floor. Suddenly she started sobbing.

"It's just a bad dream... it's just a bad dream..." Helena started rocking softly, tears streaming down her face. She was so distraught she hadn't even noticed when another of her siblings--the one she least wanted to know, because he was best friends with Mateo--walked up. @ Levi Jones .

• Like 1

Levi had just woken up, scrubbing a head over his face as he tried to wake up. He wasn't ready to be a wake, he was never usually up very early, the only reason he was up now is because he heard some commotion, and then crying. He was the only boy in the cabin, which meant one of his sisters was crying, and when that realization hit, he jumped out of bed, pulled on his shorts, and headed toward the crying. When he got to the source of the crying, he was shocked to see Helena, on the bathroom floor crying, and Evelyn standing with her, holding something in her hands, but he couldn't quite tell what he was looking at, still half asleep "What's going on?" he questions through his yawn. 

He couldn't imagine why Helena would be crying, her and Mateo had made things right, so what was her problem?

• Like 1

Evie watched it wash over her sister the truth of what the test told them. This was not something she wished on her sister so this was in no way the time for lectures on safe sex. Not when she could tell the girl was now in crisis mode. Getting down on the floor as Evie's arms went out to catch her sister if needed. "Hey you are not alone in this" she tried to remind her "You have all of us here to help support you. " Playing with her hair she didn't know what else to do for her sobbing sister. Evie had been so focused on her sister she didn't even see when Levi walked up until he spoke. "Welll" she said looking from her sister to levi and back to lena. "We found out some news that is going to change things for mateo and lena." 

As Evie sat beside her and stroked her hair, Helena leaned against her for support. Her mind raced with all the thoughts of her current situation and all the fears that she now held. Helena was still a teenager. How was she supposed to raise a child of her own, when she was still one herself? What would Mateo think? Would he even stick around? Getting him to declare them in a relationship had been hardship enough. She wasn't sure he was ready to be a father. Ready or not, he is though. Helena had never been with anyone else. Mateo had been her first and her only. Anyone who knew her knew that she had never had eyes for anyone else. Not really.

Several moments passed before she finally calmed down enough to be able to speak with Levi. "I... I... I'm." Helena stammered, her anxiety still winning out over everything else in that moment. But she knew she had to tell him. She couldn't leave it vague and ambiguous. "I'm pregnant." She finally managed to say before starting to sob again as the fear of Mateo leaving her overwhelmed her once more. "Please... Please don't tell him... please... I... I... I'll do it... but... please..." She begged. Helena knew she would have to tell Mateo eventually. She couldn't exactly hide it from him for long. But if he heard it from Levi before she told him herself, Mateo would never forgive her. "Please... for once can you be my brother more than you're his friend?" She turned her eyes to look up at him, pleading.

• Like 1

Levi scrubbed a hand over his face, as his sister sat sobbing and freaking out. "Calm down, Hun. You know better of me, of course, you need to tell him and not me" he says with a calm voice. He took a deep breath and knelt down by his sisters, reaching out to rub a hand over Helena's back in comfort. He couldn't believe was he just heard, and inside he was not to happy about the situation, how could they both be so careless he thought to himself. He wasn't going to show that side of him though, Helena didn't need a lecture right now. Instead he just sat with her for a moment, as he tried to figure out what to say. Levi never cared to much for kids, but the thought of being an uncle crossed his mind and it gave way to a small smile across his face. "It's going to be ok, we will get through this together" he says with a soothing voice. Not many people got to see this said of Levi, he honestly didn't like showing his sensitive side to anyone, accept his sisters, and even his sisters didn't see it that often. 

Levi gave Helena another rub across her back and then stood up, handing out a hand for her to take "Come on Hun, lets get up off the bathroom floor, get you cleaned up and out to the couch" he smiled down at her. He knew one thing, after Helena told Mateo, he was going to have some words with his friend. 

• Like 1

Evelyn looked at her brother and gave him a small smile of gratitude. She knew that he would be there for his sister when she needed him, even if he didn't like the situation they found themselves in. "Thank you," she whispered, her hand still stroking Helena's hair. "I know we'll all get through this together." She turned her gaze back to her sister, who was still sobbing softly. Evelyn's heart ached for her. She knew that this wasn't something that anyone could prepare for, and the shock of it all was overwhelming. "Helena, I promise you that we'll all be here for you, no matter what happens. You're not alone in this."

Evelyn felt the weight of the situation heavy on her heart as she watched her sister cry. She wished there was more she could do to help ease her pain. Even though she was only a few years older, Evie had always felt like a protective older sister to Helena, especially since their mother was absent. She listened as Helena spoke to Levi, confessing that she was pregnant, and begged him not to tell Mateo. Evie knew that this was a decision that Helena had to make on her own, but she couldn't help but feel worried about how this would affect her sister's life. "Helena," she said softly, "I think you should tell him sooner rather than later. It's better for both of you to be on the same page, especially since this affects both of your lives." She hoped that her sister would take her advice, but ultimately knew it was up to her.

As Levi sat next to her and rubbed her back while she cried, Lena just kept thinking to herself. I'm such an idiot. I'm such an idiot. They had been so careful before they were dating, that Helena hadn't even thought to remind Mateo that night. They had been too consumed by their passion and desire for one another to even stop and think about protection. "I'll tell him... I promise..." She knew she couldn't hide it forever.

Taking her brother's hand, Helena stood up and let him lead her through cleaning her face and guiding her to the couch. She could feel her siblings helping coax her to wash her face and tie back her hair. She let them guide her to the couch without any difficulties, shuffling slowly along behind them. "I... I know..." She said, knowing that she needed to tell Mateo. He deserved to know. "I will..." She didn't even know how she was going to begin that conversation.

• Like 1

Levi helped washed her face off, before leading her into the common area, placing her down onto the couch. Sitting down next to her with Evie sitting on the other side of Helena, they had her cradled between them. "It's going to be ok, you will get through this, and I think Mateo will be ok after the initial shock of it" he told her trying to calm her down. He looked to Evie with a small smile a crossed his face, he was really out of his element here. Levi had no idea what else to do or say, so he just wrapped an arm around Helenas shoulders resting his hand onto Evie's shoulder on the other side and laid his head back against the couch, trying to play out what might happen in his head. 

He wasn't too worried about keeping it from Mateo for a little bit, but if she kept it from him for to long, he felt like he would end up falling into a rock and hard place and really not knowing what to do. Closing his eyes he let out a sigh, "Just please tell him soon" he said relaxing into the couch.

• Like 1

Evelyn felt a mixture of emotions as she sat beside her sister, Helena. She watched as Levi comforted her, his arm around Helena's shoulders and his head resting against the couch. Evie knew that they were all in for a challenging and uncertain journey, but she also believed in their strength as a family. Gently squeezing Helena's hand, Evelyn spoke softly, "We're here for you, Lena. You're not alone, and we'll face whatever comes our way together." As the three siblings sat there, a sense of solidarity enveloped them. Evelyn knew that they would navigate the difficult path ahead, supporting each other every step of the way. She glanced at Levi, grateful for his presence and his unwavering support for their sister. Evie's mind raced with thoughts of the future and the conversations that needed to happen, but she also recognized the importance of giving Helena the space and time she needed. She hoped that Helena would find the courage to face the truth head-on and share her news with Mateo, for honesty was the foundation of any healthy relationship.

Taking a deep breath, Evelyn leaned in closer to her sister and brother. She could feel the weight of the situation pressing on her, but she refused to let it crush their spirits. With determination in her voice, she said, "We'll figure this out, all of us. Helena, when you're ready, we'll help you through telling Mateo, and we'll support you every step of the way. We're a team, remember?" Evie's words carried a glimmer of hope, a reminder that even in the midst of uncertainty, they had each other. And together, they would find a way to weather the storm that lay ahead.

"I'll tell him as soon as I get a good moment Levi... I promise." In that moment, she meant it. She really wanted to tell Mateo. She wanted his support through all this. She wanted to know if he even wanted to be a father. Wanted to plan a life with him. But she was also terrified. Her boyfriend wasn't exactly known for settling down. She had been the first girl to get him to agree to date since his ex. And even that had taken Herculean efforts it felt like. What if he thinks I did this on purpose to trap him? That sent another panic coursing through her, but she tried to fight off the tears.

She hugged tightly onto Evelyn. A team. She thought to herself. I'm not alone. That was the only thing that gave Helena any relief in this moment. She didn't have to go through this pregnancy completely alone. Even if Mateo freaked out, she would have people to support her. At least one cabin. She would have to just take it a day at a time.

Eventually her tears dried, but she had exhausted herself. Looking at her brother and sister, Helena began to stand. "I...If Mateo comes looking for me for my birthday or Valentine's stuff... come get me. But otherwise I need a nap." She walked slowly, as if dazed, to her bed and plopped down.

~End RP~

Important Information

Terms of Use